PDA

View Full Version : Bespin Darth Vader News

Beast
02-09-2002, 03:12 AM
Greetings,
Over at Rebelscum they have a link to a german star wars website with a picture of the upcoming Darth Vader: Bespin. Looks like they decided to pack in some accessories with the classic figures as well. Hopefully the Luke Skywalker:Bespin will include the part that luke stands on and they will connect. Neat classic figure. Nice to see that like was rumored, AOTC's figures arn't the only thing we'll see after April 23rd. :)

Link to Rebelscum (http://www.rebelscum.com)
Link to German Star Wars Page (http://www.darth-sonic.de/NewsSystem/one_news.asp?IDNews=1159)

The news from the German site Translated:

Ingeniously new Darth Vader figure [ AOTC packing ]
After most of you see only AOTC figures, here once a picture of an ingenious new publication of the Classic series. It will give a Darth Vader Bespin figure, which is to be contained also in base figures the assortment to 2002 in April. This figure appeared to GEMEINSAM in the famous ' I AM YOUR FATHER..........' As accessories will be attached to the figure of sections of the railing of the cloud city.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Image of the Darth Vader:Bespin Gantry Figure:

LTBasker
02-09-2002, 03:27 AM
Looks a little bare, but still rather cool looking, not much you can with Vader now I guess. :D The railings accessories are pretty cool, I just hope he doesn't have lightsaber chop action. :D

LTBasker
02-09-2002, 04:12 AM
Welp, I have ET turned on and they showed the Toy Fair clip, The Vader is at Toy Fair. I should've taped the clip. :( But from what I could make out it's the Vader figure alright. There was also some weird figure, it looked E2 and it looked like it was deluxe but it was a window box, but a carded version. Maybe it was a vehicle. *shrugs* Interesing SW display they have there to say the least.

I still think it's not fair the little pepsi girl got to go there. She even got to play with the stuff! :frus:

The R2 unit there was an intereactive R2 unit, RS is listing it at $100 (not sure if SSG listed it, I don't check the main page) but it looks like the same size of the Mindstorm LEGO R2, which isn't very big... :zzz:

Darth Evil
02-09-2002, 08:44 AM
Vader looks good, if they released a battle-damaged Bespin Luke with the thing he stands on, I'd snap them both up.

General Veers
02-09-2002, 08:58 AM
I won't buy the Bespin Darth Vader unless I get a new Bespin Luke:happy: :D

droidekas2
02-09-2002, 11:33 AM
WoW! Another Darth Vader, we just got the 25th anniversary Vader. Enough already, make characters that have never been in plastic before. There is a entire list of characters I would buy, but not another resculpt.

Lord Tenebrous
02-09-2002, 12:31 PM
All these last Vaders, except the 25th, have been new. This is much better than the blaster-deflect accessory. We know there's a new Bespin Luke sculpt, and the two together, with this mini-scene, will look great.

Any great new figures/sculpts from the cantina or from TESB are definately desired.

Beast
02-09-2002, 01:11 PM
Don't worry, they showed the Luke:Bespin (Battle Damage) at the german toy fair as well, but they didnt get any pictures of it. I expect both of them to street at the same time. I think they will be on display at the New York Toy Fair also. So have no fear, Hasbro won't disapoint in this case. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
02-09-2002, 02:44 PM
You mean this Bespin Luke, don't you?

Lord Tenebrous
02-09-2002, 03:24 PM
Righteo. :)

I'm just happy that we're not getting this:

Beast
02-09-2002, 03:31 PM
I think he'll still come with the blast deflection thing that will attach to his hand. But atleast they improved the figure as well, and made it more generic. It will look so cool with that Luke: Bespin (Battle Damage). I love the fact its going to come with the railing and stuff. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
02-09-2002, 04:05 PM
Cool, now all they gotta do is make Darth Vader Hoth Hologram, or General Veers with mini Vader Hologram.

Beast
02-09-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Cool, now all they gotta do is make Darth Vader Hoth Hologram, or General Veers with mini Vader Hologram.
We need a new Darth Vader: Removable Helmet as well. A nice deluxe version, in the proper scale. Give him a removable hand, and a 2 piece removable helmet. The POTF2 figure is good, but way to short compared to the POTJ proper scaled Vader.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
02-09-2002, 04:16 PM
That'd be SWEET! :D

They could just do it handless, and add the little wires, and electronics details to the stub.

GNT
02-09-2002, 08:55 PM
Geez not another vader,we dont need it Hasbro,make more new figures!

Thrawn
02-09-2002, 09:12 PM
...you know this to be true. I am another 1 pose wonder!
- Darth Vader Bespin POTJ

Beast
02-09-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by GNT
Geez not another vader,we dont need it Hasbro,make more new figures!

I dunno GNT, I think it's a pretty nice figure actually. It looks like it has a removable lightsaber blade like all figures this year, so hopefully you can hang the hilt from his belt. Plus if the Vader and Luke:Bespin Duel both come with diorama pieces, they will look good together. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

InsaneJediGirl
02-09-2002, 09:30 PM
Orginally Posted by JarJarBinks
Plus if the Vader and Luke:Bespin Duel both come with diorama pieces, they will look good together. :)

I agree JarJarBinks!I think if the Vader does have some nice features,and can move somewhat,it'll be a nice piece to have.

:D :D :D

wampa ems
02-09-2002, 09:56 PM
I think Hasbor has realized that there needs to be extra playibility to the figures by adding accessories.

LTBasker
02-10-2002, 12:21 AM
As long as the Vader's aren't supposed to be from ANH, I'm not complaining about'em. :D

Lman316
02-10-2002, 08:02 AM
From what I see, this Vader looks kinda cool, and would look even better set up with that new Luke.
However, I would have to agree with JJB (that's new, ain't it? :D ) and say that I would like to see a deluxe Vader. One with a 2-piece removable helmet, removable hand, tons of articulation (enough so he can hold his lightsaber with two hands, etc), maybe a cloth cape, lightsaber with removable blade, and so on and so forth.
Then after that Vader is complete, they can get to work on the deluxe Jedi Luke. :D

187-Maul
02-10-2002, 03:43 PM
I totally agree with you Lman, since that interrogation droid vader was so hard to get here in europe (I still don't have one) I would really love to get a new fully articulated cloth cape vader with all those cool accesories

sith_killer_99
02-10-2002, 04:32 PM
Bespin Luke and Vader both look very promising.

Vader has a somewhat neutral pose, and hopefully some good articulation. The pack-ins look nice too. I guess Hasbro realized what a lousy job they were doing with figure pack-ins and made the switch to accessories. :D

I do hope he has the lightsaber with removable blade. If Hasbro made this the new standard they would go a LONG way towards pleasing collectors and kids alike.

As for us getting yet another Vader, I don't mind this one too much. However, like many have posted already, I would like to see a ROTJ ULTIMATE VADER.

2 piece removable helmet
Removable hand
Lots of articulation
Cloth capes
Lightsaber that hangs from belt with removable blade.

Bespin Luke looks great too. I REALLY like holsters with removable guns! Another feature that Hasbro should make STANDARD. The head sculpt appears to have a lot of promise, it could be the best Luke head sculpt ever.

I hope he will have a removable hand as well, otherwise Hasbro will be taking a step back.

The one thing I don't like is the dynamic leg pose, he has that bent knee thing going on.

Hopefully he will also have the lightsaber with removable blade.

yaddle yodas love pu
02-10-2002, 09:00 PM
Ummm, are you guys sure that the Vader pic from that German site is of a 3 3/4" figure? That Vider fig pic looks almost EXACTLY like the 6"+ Bespin Gantry "Unleasehed" figure. Are we getting exctited about something that is not a 3 3/4" figure after all but an unpopular statue?

Turbowars
02-10-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by yaddle yodas love pu
Ummm, are you guys sure that the Vader pic from that German site is of a 3 3/4" figure? That Vider fig pic looks almost EXACTLY like the 6"+ Bespin Gantry "Unleasehed" figure. Are we getting exctited about something that is not a 3 3/4" figure after all but an unpopular statue? Hell, I hope not!! I was Just getting excited reading about all the features.

Lord Tenebrous
02-10-2002, 09:25 PM
They're two different figures. The Vader Unleashed is a solid piece with a clenched fist. The Bespin Vader isn't. :)

SithDroid
02-13-2002, 03:59 PM
I think this Vader looks cool. It is about time we get him in that famous pose from ESB. With Luke Bespin theat will hopefully attach, it should be an awesome set to get.

El Chuxter
02-18-2002, 02:47 PM
YAY!

From the moment they started to do scene-specific one-pose figures, this is the one I really wanted to make!

Wonder if they'll listen to me and market it as "Darth Vader: Bespin Revelation"? :D

hukilu
02-18-2002, 03:29 PM
I think it will be a nice piece if a Bespin Luke can be connected.

Although, I would like to see a few accessories included for each.

For Vader I would hope that he would come with a snap on Solo laser deflection and maybe a battle damaged shoulder.
For Luke I would like to see, of course a removable hand but also the metal cast-thing that Leia provides to him.

If they made both of these figures as deluxe I see no reason why these accessories couldn't be included.

I would also be nice if the base Luke was connected to is the machinery that he retreats and eventually jumps from.

Another suggestion would be pieces of debris that Vader throws at Luke.

mabudonicus
02-18-2002, 04:06 PM
I don't know why, but Vader is the only character that somehow still delights me with each resculpt. I really like the look of him, and I must agree with Sithkiller and say that the leg action on Luke is a bit too much. The face looks good, and the proportions look tons better than the new x-wing luke, but those legs(although it is scene-relevant). I'll just keep the old one.
Hey, what about an "I'm on the leader" Vader, where he has an action feature to simulate that knob-twirling action that controlled his TIE fighter. Or what about the "force strangle" Vader. This bespin Vader looks like you could simulate that pose, but you really need that exact hand pose to make it perfect.
A vader that could put his thumbs in his belt would be good too.

sith_killer_99
02-18-2002, 06:58 PM
Ah, yes Vader RULES!!!

I have all of them carded and loose with the exception of the Vintage Takara sculpt.

Though, I may get rid of my loose 25th Anniversary Ben/Vader set.

Darth Mojhaan
02-22-2002, 12:35 AM
All I can say is wow!!! This is absolutely the best Vader we have seen yet! The sculpt is superb, the railings are awsome, and this was his most powerful pose in the origanal triligy. Hasbro is improving since the release of The Power of the Force line in 1995, so I am impressed. As of Luke, time will tell. For some reason, I think every sculpt of Luke sucked. If they can get a good sculpt of Harrison Ford, why not of Mark Hamill?:mad: :mad:

Darth Rage
02-26-2002, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by droidekas2
WoW! Another Darth Vader, we just got the 25th anniversary Vader. Enough already, make characters that have never been in plastic before. There is a entire list of characters I would buy, but not another resculpt.

TRUE!

I want to see more never seen before figures! Like those two hot girls in the catina, don't know there names, how many darth vaders and lukes will they make?! :D

Beast
02-26-2002, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Darth Rage
TRUE! I want to see more never seen before figures! Like those two hot girls in the catina, don't know there names, how many darth vaders and lukes will they make?! :D
There will always be a call for main charecters, especially in movie years. In non movie years like last years excellent POTJ line we didn't see all that many main charecters, other then versions that were needed. Plus, the kids that do buy Star Wars figures will alway gravitate to and enjoy a figure like Luke, Han, Chewie, and Vader more then they would a background alien or minor human charecters like Jek Porkins.

Oh and the hot girls from the Mos Eisley Cantina are the Tonnika Sisters, Brea and Senni. There has been a long standing fan demand, as well as wish from Hasbro to produce these charecters, but there is some sticking points rights wise that is preventing this. I think it was somthing regarding the fact they were just extras grabbed for the scene, and never signed a release for their images, so now the two actressess want a wad of cash for their likeness. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks