PDA

View Full Version : O.J. Simpson Arrested Again

Tycho
09-17-2007, 12:40 PM
OJ Simpson was arrested again for trying to steal back his sports memorobilia from a private auction.

Presumably, the Goldmans are going to try to recover it and sell it for their own possible recovery of just some of the money they won from OJ in their civil lawsuit.

Why is it fair for someone acquitted of felony murder charges to lose a suit for a wrongful death (in this case, the same victims)? He was acquitted (and no I don't believe in his innocense, but still?)

Anyway, it's started me thinking. I don't think Hasbro has produced a Twin Pod Cloud Car for the modern line in all these years because OJ stole the mold!

What do you guys think about all this?

El Chuxter
09-17-2007, 01:15 PM
"I didn't steal any of that memorabilia. But if I had stolen it, it would look great on my mantlepiece."

(Apologies to vynnie.)

pbarnard
09-17-2007, 01:21 PM
However would give OJ a loaded gun needs to go to jail. Maybe Geraldo will go to Las Vegas and put a cap in the Juice for the Goldmans, after all, when not fighting off African pirates or giving troop movements, he's hunting for bin Ladden in his free time, give Geraldo something to do.

2-1B
09-17-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't know if I can handle another round of this circus coming back again...UGH. :dead:

Kidhuman
09-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Give him the death Penalty. Maybe Rogue II can swing by the Vegas jailhouse and spit on him for us

Qui-Long Gone
09-17-2007, 09:21 PM
This story will only end well if OJ goes to jail for 20 years for this....criminals can run from the law (or drive the speed limit in an LA car chase) for only so long before they go back to being criminals....

1. OJ won't be able to play the trumpted up racial card this time because 4+ others are involved, and

2. Hubris.....it's a damning thing when fighting Spartans, women and justice...

See you in youtube re-runs of Naked Gun OJ! Have fun in the Shawshank!

TeeEye7
09-17-2007, 09:58 PM
I hope he gets convicted and his new friends give him the nickname Ben Dover. :whip:

Tycho
09-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Are you kidding me? Haven't you guys been paying attention?

He's a celebrity. He goes to rehab.

He has a chronic condition that places him around deadly weapons to his own detriment. He just needs treatment.

He's been what? Homicide-Free that we know of for 12 years now? Give the man some credit!

plasticfetish
09-18-2007, 04:26 AM
(Uh... what???)

kool-aid killer
09-18-2007, 09:53 AM
I think i'll just wait for his book about how he would have robbed the place.

CaptainSolo1138
09-18-2007, 07:34 PM
At least we don't have to endure Johnny Cochran this time around.

Tycho
09-18-2007, 07:49 PM

But "the Chewbacca defense" was so cool!

Qui-Long Gone
09-18-2007, 10:33 PM
All I care about is seeing Kato again....all of this will be a waste without him.

2-1B
09-18-2007, 11:15 PM
He was on Larry King with Denise Brown.

He's around.

Blue2th
09-19-2007, 12:54 AM
I still have my own "beyond a reasoable doubt" as to whether he did it. Even though he's guilty in the court of public opinion.

plasticfetish
09-19-2007, 01:10 AM
(This just in...)

Blue2th
09-19-2007, 01:22 AM
Walked right in to that one.

BountyHunterScum
09-19-2007, 01:45 AM

The beauty of it is this dildo can't use race as an excuse anymore. Where's Ghost Rider when we need him.

plasticfetish
09-19-2007, 02:17 AM
Walked right in to that one.Yes... yes you did. ;)

Where's Ghost Rider when we need him.He walks in "both worlds" I hear, so maybe he's in the other one right now.

BountyHunterScum
09-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Yes... yes you did. ;)

He walks in "both worlds" I hear, so maybe he's in the other one right now.

He needs to come over asap. A lot of scum needs punishing.

2-1B
09-19-2007, 11:04 PM
That prankster with the OJ 07 shirt is awesome, I love the infiltration of the lawyer's press conference !!!

Tycho
09-21-2007, 01:06 AM
I read the first 100 pages of O.J.'s book today!

If anything else, it reminds me of one of my most sacred rules for living: NEVER get married!

Anyway, I didn't get to the good part where he describes "how he might have gotten rid of her." But he gives you a lot of great background into why he'd want to beat her senseless.

As a single guy who will never have OJ's fame or one-time fortune, I enjoyed reading this because it reminded me of how much better I actually have life than he does.

TeeEye7
09-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Too bad the Goldman family won't get a cut of the proceeds from the purchase of the book. :sad:

Tycho
09-21-2007, 01:28 AM
Too bad the Goldman family won't get a cut of the proceeds from the purchase of the book. :sad:

Why is that? What have I missed? I didn't buy the book myself, btw. I just read it in the store. I'd rather not give any one of those characters my money, period.

TeeEye7
09-21-2007, 01:35 AM
Why is that? What have I missed? I didn't buy the book myself, btw. I just read it in the store. I'd rather not give any one of those characters my money, period.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
That's just what I wanted to hear!

I can't stand the thought of an arrogant murderer profiting from his science fiction work.

OJ and all his carp just needs to go away. :upset:

Blue2th
09-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Hey, never mind "Ghost Rider"
I get to go in today because I got picked for jury duty.
That's what I get for being a registered voter. :ninja:
I might get my chance to met out some justice and fry a bad guy.
Though I'll probably be the one who holds out if I see any Mark Farnham bloody glove shenanigans.
I may have sympathy if the plaintiff shows up in a Starfleet uniform though. :squareeye

Tycho
09-21-2007, 10:52 AM
You should wear a Jedi Knight costume to Jury Duty, Blue2th.

Don't let the Trekkies be the only ones to represent! Show some Jedi pride, dude!

This is the Thirtieth Anniversary.

Or go as a Sith Lord. Then you can whip out your Master Replicas lightsaber when the guilty verdict is read and mete out your justice. ...well the MR sabers probably won't make it past the metal detectors in most courthouses. Might make Hasbro's saber more useful for Jury Duty after all.

I can read the headline now: "Convicted Man Gets Cained With Plastic Lightsaber."

BountyHunterScum
09-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Hey, never mind "Ghost Rider"
I get to go in today because I got picked for jury duty.
That's what I get for being a registered voter. :ninja:
I might get my chance to met out some justice and fry a bad guy.
Though I'll probably be the one who holds out if I see any Mark Farnham bloody glove shenanigans.
I may have sympathy if the plaintiff shows up in a Starfleet uniform though. :squareeye

Don't you mean Mark Fuhrman? The guy OJ's defense claimed was racist blah blah blah.

Blue2th
09-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Yeah Mark Fuhrman. I knew it was Mark F something. Probably got him mixed up with Mark Farner (Grand Funk)
Anyways the defence used the race card of course, but there was something awfully fishy about Mark Fuhrman (isn't that a Jewish name?) and that bloody glove that didn't fit OJ. In other words, a shadow of a doubt.

I would love to represent the Jedi Order (or even the Sith) though our arrogance might be our undoing no? I might show up in black clothes anyways cause I'm a "dork"

I mentioned Starfleet because remember that lady on trial that showed up in her Wrath of Khan outfit? She made national news. It was funny, though she did have one of those expensive red coats.

Today was just jury orientation for me and 300+ other prospectives. Though the clerk said that chances are very good of getting picked as there are ten cases due in court on Monday.

Tycho
09-21-2007, 02:24 PM
I was a member of a Jury for over a month on a murder trial.

It was actually very interesting and I looked forward to serving most of the time.

I did grow disgusted with the "gang member mentality" quickly enough though. I think we were all sort of prejudiced against that from the beginning though. Who wouldn't be? (well, there were no ex-gang members amongst us jurors anyway)

Blue2th
09-21-2007, 02:46 PM
So what happened? Did you get to fry him?
We got a lecture by a respected judge on the priviledges of being a juror. The importance of being impartial.
I look forward to serving if chosen.

BountyHunterScum
09-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Yeah Mark Fuhrman. I knew it was Mark F something. Probably got him mixed up with Mark Farner (Grand Funk)
Anyways the defence used the race card of course, but there was something awfully fishy about Mark Fuhrman (isn't that a Jewish name?) and that bloody glove that didn't fit OJ. In other words, a shadow of a doubt.

I would love to represent the Jedi Order (or even the Sith) though our arrogance might be our undoing no? I might show up in black clothes anyways cause I'm a "dork"

I mentioned Starfleet because remember that lady on trial that showed up in her Wrath of Khan outfit? She made national news. It was funny, though she did have one of those expensive red coats.

Today was just jury orientation for me and 300+ other prospectives. Though the clerk said that chances are very good of getting picked as there are ten cases due in court on Monday.

Ok lets have a lesson in common sense/reality, we know the glove was leather right and it was soaked in blood. The blood shrunk the damn thing. DUH!!!!!!

Blue2th
09-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Ok lets have a lesson in common sense/reality, we know the glove was leather right and it was soaked in blood. The blood shrunk the damn thing. DUH!!!!!!
Whatever you say, just remember twelve jurors didn't see it that way. If that's not a lesson in reality and common sense I don't know what is.

Tycho
09-23-2007, 03:56 AM
So what happened? Did you get to fry him?

There were multiple defendants and several were found guilty. Sentencing guidelines exist for the crime. The death penalty was off the table. But a life sentence was handed down for one case (the main shooter).

BountyHunterScum
09-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Whatever you say, just remember twelve jurors didn't see it that way. If that's not a lesson in reality and common sense I don't know what is.

They admitted this year they made an error in judgement. Whatever the case he's gonna burn for killing those two and for every other misdeed he has done.

2-1B
09-23-2007, 09:02 AM
What's up with that girlfriend of his ?

El Chuxter
09-23-2007, 10:59 AM
She's gotta be a little touched in the head. Anyone who would get involved with OJ must be.

Tycho
09-23-2007, 01:20 PM
They admitted this year they made an error in judgement. Whatever the case he's gonna burn for killing those two and for every other misdeed he has done.

What do you mean by "burn?" If that is a religious reference, it cannot be proven. God might exist but actually prefer killers. Everyone else is so dull - following the 10 Commandments and what not. That signifies like 99.9% of humans are all the same: boring! Humanity wouldn't even be entertaining for a Creator to pay attention to any more if it weren't for our great institutions like the Mexican Mafia, al-Qaeda, the Kmer Rouge, the Nazis, KKK, and other entertainment organizations. I mean would aliens even bother coming here if they couldn't catch a show of the latest Holocaust or Nuclear Armageddon?

LTBasker
09-23-2007, 01:42 PM
OJ's a witch! Burn him! He turned me into a newt!

Blue2th
09-23-2007, 02:01 PM
What do you mean by "burn?" If that is a religious reference, it cannot be proven. God might exist but actually prefer killers. Everyone else is so dull - following the 10 Commandments and what not. That signifies like 99.9% of humans are all the same: boring! Humanity wouldn't even be entertaining for a Creator to pay attention to any more if it weren't for our great institutions like the Mexican Mafia, al-Qaeda, the Kmer Rouge, the Nazis, KKK, and other entertainment organizations. I mean would aliens even bother coming here if they couldn't catch a show of the latest Holocaust or Nuclear Armageddon?
The devine comedy drama of the Big Blue Marble plays out on the great big screen in the sky. That's entertainment! Why yes! Give it two :thumbsup::thumbsup:

El Chuxter
09-23-2007, 03:57 PM
OJ's a witch! Burn him! He turned me into a newt!

A newt? :confused:

LTBasker
09-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Well...I got better.

...BURN HIM ANYWAYS!