PDA

View Full Version : V-19 Torrent Fighter and Homing Spider Droid rumored for 2008?

Battle Droid
09-17-2007, 06:04 PM
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2816270&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post2816298#2816270

as always nothing is confirmed until you have the item in hand yourself.

but my info. is 99.9% on the money.

check my older threads etc......

I was given two names of the second 08 vehicle asst.

I will reveal one and hint at the other because im not 100% sure which one it is.

second wave of ships for 08 will include:

clone wars v-19
and
the seperatist army will be getting a new droid. I did not post what was told to me because I think the name was wrong.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-17-2007, 06:18 PM
If it comes from the Rebelscum forums, then it absolutely must be true.

mtriv73
09-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Wow, I thought we'd have 5 repaints of the V-wing before we got a new fighter. I hope you're right about these.

Jargo
09-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Pants. pants pants pants.

Battle Droid
09-17-2007, 07:29 PM
It's now posted in Rebelscum's news with some new Comic 2-Pack News.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_2008_Rumor_List_108870.asp

Val Da Car
09-17-2007, 08:25 PM
I am soooooo In for few

The image below is copyright of the original holder....

Not me..

Tycho
09-17-2007, 09:52 PM
That's a cool ship. I'd buy a couple of those.

It looks as if Hasbro is getting back in the game: vehicles made the line really successful for Kenner back in the day. Now, finally, Hasbro is getting a clue.

We've had some great non-movie year vehicles

- the Sith Infiltrator (well, not so great - but a new mold nevertheless)
- the V-wing
- the AT-TP
- Grievous' starfighter
- the V-19 Torrent starfighter
- the Homing Spider Droid

all's pretty good. I'd like to see this trend continue!

Kidhuman
09-17-2007, 10:14 PM
I would buy the V-19. The homing Spider would need to be taller than the Hailfire for me to consider it.

pegger
09-17-2007, 11:13 PM
The V-19 is cool. Rather have a AT-TE....but that's just me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2007, 12:02 AM
But, dude . . . another Xizor?

DarkArtist
09-18-2007, 07:21 AM
I'd love to see the V-19 but so far the comic pack of Zixor and Leia scream repack to me. I can see Hasbro giving us a Saga Boushh and POTF Zixor. I would love to see an evolutions comic packs with evolutions Luke and Guri. The Luke could be the somewhat Jedi version of Luke with the tan/yellow vest.

Tycho
09-18-2007, 07:32 AM
In the SOTE comic adaptation, Princess Leia was illustrated really sexy in a blue dress that Xizor provided for her to wear during "negotiations." (She didn't - as Chewbacca was there as her chaperone.)

This would make a great figure of Leia though - very attractive. I customized this figure a long time ago from parts from the Princess Leia Collection.

Xizor's problems (as a figure) stemmed from limited articulation, hampered by his over-cloak and a very mono-toned green hue used for his skin color paint-ap that made him resemble Jim Carey's "Mask" rather than the serious character he was supposed to represent. Paint, articulation, maybe decent softgoods or a resculpting of his outer cloak would settle the issues with his figure.

jedi master sal
09-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Alrighty then.

I hope the rumor pans out to be true.

If so I'll happily get 2-3 clone starfighters and I've been a big proponent for the Homing Spider droid and would get at least 3 of those too.

True enough I'd rather have an AT-TE but the Homing spider droid is a definite step in the right direction.

I can't say I'm excited by the news just yet as it's only a rumor, but it does give me a glimmer of hope.

Dark Marble
09-18-2007, 11:49 AM
I will be picking up one of each of the vehicles for sure. With the Torrent coming out I am hoping it will be an excuse for Hasbro to re-release the clone pilot with the gunship pods.

Tycho
09-18-2007, 11:59 AM
I thought the AOTC Gunship Pilot won in the Fan Choice Awards for the Saga Legends line? Isn't he coming anyway? As a SL Figure, he could have the gunpods again. As a re-release for the Torrent, he'd have no need for them.

JM-Sal: Like you, I want the AT-TE. The Torrent and the Homing Spider Droid have no bearing on that though, as each of these smaller ships can be made to fit the $20 price point that Darrel and his market researchers love. The Spider Droid unassembled would fit in there oh-so-cheaply and with it's recurring parts, they could sell us a toy for $20 that ought to be priced at $10 (but of course, will not be). With the Torrent, it will hopefully seat 2 (two) clone pilots, but the ship need not be that big to accomplish this. It will probably be a slightly smaller scale than we'd figure from the cartoon show, but it won't be as bad as the scale problems experienced with the Sith Infiltrator (which I now see should never have been done for the $20 price point).

Anyway, all this has no bearing on the AT-TE which would never have been made in the $20 range. If Transformers will sell at a class for $49 each, I think it would be fair to say that we'd pick up AT-TE's at that price. I think army-building with them would still occurr, and the "cheapies" won't be very successful at waiting for the large vehicle to go on clearance.

dindae
09-18-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm really glad Hasbro is finally getting out some new vehicles. If the make the spider droid with telescoping legs I can even see them getting that in the $20 box with a decent scale.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Well if this new Xizor is a resculpt then count me in! I've been hoping to retire that old POTF2 one for a long time, that bulkly cloak really ruins that figure, he needs some soft good treatment and some articulation, at least to stand up to modern figures standards. The ships are blah to me, since i dont collect those (Exception was the Y-Wing), but the clone wars one did look cool, but still an easy pass.

A new Thrawn and Space Trooper would also be very welcomed!

El Chuxter
09-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Hasbro and some collectors forget that Xizor set the standard by which all future pegwarmers would be judged. Not until the Neimoidian Warrior would anyone hold a candle to him. By all means, bring the most boring villain in SW lore back to plastic! And put him in a BattlePack with some Neimoidians and a Rancor Keeper.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Hasbro and some collectors forget that Xizor set the standard by which all future pegwarmers would be judged. Not until the Neimoidian Warrior would anyone hold a candle to him. By all means, bring the most boring villain in SW lore back to plastic! And put him in a BattlePack with some Neimoidians and a Rancor Keeper.

Xizor isnt the most boring villian he was the most under rated, and little to no multimedia surrounding him which made kids and some collectors not know who he was, i think the first xizor peg warmed because it was a terriable figure, with nothing going for it compared to the rest of the wave. if the figure was more kid friendly then maybe perhaps it would have been more successful, though xizor is an high end gangsta, unlike jabba, and that should be a challenge for hasbro to pull off. though if they packed him with a interesting vigo, or Guri then maybe this figure would move in the comic pack scenario.

El Chuxter
09-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Xizor had absolutely no depth as a character. He was totally one-dimensional, with no humanity, and yet not as thoroughly evil as someone like the Emperor. And thus he was dull. Steve Perry has proven he's capable of creating far more interesting SW characters, so this has always baffled me.

Tycho
09-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Xizor had absolutely no depth as a character. He was totally one-dimensional, with no humanity, and yet not as thoroughly evil as someone like the Emperor. And thus he was dull. Steve Perry has proven he's capable of creating far more interesting SW characters, so this has always baffled me.

The Emperor was not evil! He was trying to bring order to an unjust galaxy and show everyone else how hypocritically corrupt the Republic's system could become. Representative democracy was very difficult to achieve with so many varied cultures, each with very different values. Palpatine was using the Sith tradition of the strongest should rule aligned with his selfless sacrafice of his own time and effort to correct the ills of galactic civilization and advance progress. He became obsessed with grabbing territory and didn't focus on what he had already acquired. I think his mistake was in not further developing the Empire into his vision of a New Order, whereas then unaligned systems would be petitioning Palpatine to JOIN the Empire when they saw how good it was. Instead, his approach to reward unscrupulous ambition in his officers bred its own form of rot and corruption - different from the Republic's in some ways, but nevertheless imperfect from Palpatine's grand vision.

Meanwhile, Xizor was surviving the only way left open to him. Falleen was devastated and most of his royal family killed by Darth Vader who made an example of his world as punishment for their resistance of Vader's efforts to develop biological weapons to be used as enforcement tools for the Empire. Xizor used his remaining wealth to advance himself in Black Sun and eventually acquire control of the vast criminal Empire. They used violence as a tool, but managed their resources. Black Sun just couldn't hold itself to the standards for personnel as such organizations as the central government (Empire). He may have employed "evil," but he was not evil as well. However, he was sexually driven - which is not evil in itself. But his physiology allowed him to emit pheremones that acted like airborne date-rape drugs. I don't find that evil, but deceitful and manipulative.

Jabba the Hutt was evil. I really don't need to go into why. You all know the character and could come up with the reasons.

Anyway, "villains" do not have to be evil per se. As many (including Darth Vader) were not.

I think some of you like to oversimplify Star Wars. But it's more than that.

El Chuxter
09-18-2007, 03:11 PM
No, the Emperor was evil. 100% pure, unadulterated evil. Which is why (in the trilogy that doesn't bite, at least) he is so interesting, more as a foil for Luke in the eyes of Vader. No one is pure good. But Palpatine is pure evil.

Of course, you can bring up the old argument that even Hitler loved his dog.

dindae
09-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Xizor pegwarmed but so did most of that wave. It was the first venture into EU for Hasbro and for some reason they thought it would sell just as well. The figure sculpting was actually not bad for the time of He-Man Luke and Monkey-Face Leia. So I would have to side with the unfamiliarity with the character being the main issue here. The fact that the same figure was also available in a 2 pack sure didn't help. I wouldn't mind an update to the figure but with EU getting resculpts isn't a high priority.

JediTricks
09-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Hasbro and some collectors forget that Xizor set the standard by which all future pegwarmers would be judged. Not until the Neimoidian Warrior would anyone hold a candle to him. By all means, bring the most boring villain in SW lore back to plastic! And put him in a BattlePack with some Neimoidians and a Rancor Keeper.Malakili - Rancor Keeper was much worse a pegwarmer. Saga Padme Pilot was as well, though Hasbro ended up buying those back to keep them from sticking around past 9 months.

El Chuxter
09-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Maybe in LA, but not in VA.

Blue2th
09-18-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm happy about the Torrent Fighter. It looks a hell-of-alot-better than that V-Wing thing we got.
Spider Droid is cool too.
The more Clone Wars the better.

I hope we get a new sculpt of Xizor as he's not very exiting anyways.
I'm more excited with the Thrawn and Space-Trooper. I hope both of these are re-done.

BTW: Thrawn is a bad guy with depth of character. Sort of a devious smart Admiral who loved to collect art. (kinda like the Nazis)
Thrawn wasn't evil, he was just doing his duty, till he got his throat slit by a Noghri.

Kidhuman
09-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Maybe in LA, but not in VA.

I was in Salem Last year and the Padmes mated with the Xizors and produced Asajj Unleashed pegwarmers

Tycho
09-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Shadows of the Empire's problem (one of them) was that it debuted late in 1996 with the Special Editions coming nearly right on top of it.

We all know how movie promotions rank for any toy license. SW was no different for any prequel. Nor was it different for the return of the "remastered" classics.

The first wave of 1997 figures were available on "red cards" in December 1996 (Greedo, Death Star Gunner, Sandtrooper) and if you were lucky, the latter half of that wave as well (red card Momaw, Luke Trooper, Tusken, Jawa, and R5-D4).

Before that, Hasbro tried to squeak out more SOTE figures with Han Carb, Luke Jedi, and Leia Boussh (originally on the SOTE purple card) while they piled on SOTE figures in their retail partners.

It was always Hasbro's mission to sell Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU (and KB back in those days) as much as they could. Those retailers could then have their own problems out with their customers (us) rather than Hasbro take responsibility for it.

SOTE debuted in late summer of 1996.

Remember:

Sept. 1995 or about - the first 9 POTF2
Jan / Feb 1996 - Luke X-wing, Lando, Boba Fett
May 1996 - Han Hoth, Luke Dagobah, Yoda, TIE Pilot

It was at least August or September 1996 for SOTE, and it was not as well coordinated as it was supposed to be.

Note that it wasn't until 1997 that Hasbro stepped up releases for new SW to being like every 6 weeks.

There was no time for Guri, Leebo, Jix, and others like Koth Melan, Spiker, and Big Gizz that would have been smart to have seen production.

The SE movie stuff was ready to roll - and everyone wanted the first ever Sandtrooper more than EU stuff anyway. SW was building up to it's highest participation levels and that was centered on the movie stuff, not the EU.

From my point of view, as I was an EU advocate even back then (that's when Rogues' Gallery started and I joined SSG in 1996) I felt that EU could be lightly supported and continued as a separate skew through all these years, and it would garner more support.

The darn history of EU was as such:

1996 - SOTE
1998 - HTTE, DE, DF - very light additions, no longer support for SOTE at all*
2001 - movie concept figures of Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Maul
2003 - deleted scene Library Droids, Anakin's Clone Wars fighter
2006 - Republic Commando
2007 - quite a lot more and they're still coming

I might have missed some, but no where are you really going to see a whole EU line supported with all the characters and at least a few of the vehicles. Should Clone Wars even count? Well sure they had to do that - but it largely utilizes the movie cast, so it's very different from Ulic Qel Droma and crew, no doubt.

Jargo
09-19-2007, 07:58 PM
the fighter looks like a horrible mishmash of lots of different star wars vehicles. the spider droid sounds dull. and nothing thrilling in the comic packs. *gallic shrug*pffft.