PDA

View Full Version : The Force Unleashed

El Chuxter
09-18-2007, 02:06 PM
I figured this was a given, but it's officially announced now: The Force Unleashed will be on the Wii this spring. The story looks a little lacking, but the game should rock. I'll definitely want this one.

So, here's my conspiracy theory as to why the game was delayed for all systems until early 2008:

Initially (2006), the plan was to release the game on the PS3 and XBox 360 this fall, then port it to other systems (including PS2 and Wii) early next year. This isn't unheard of, as some games (Lego SW) took several months to show up on GameCube.

This could possibly be due to the lower graphics capability of the Wii as compared to the other systems, but also to allow the programmers more time to adapt to the Wiimote control.

Flash forward to mid-2007. PS3's are rotting on the shelves, and the XBox 360 is easy to find. But the Wii has emerged as the unexpected victor (so far) of the console wars.

Lucasarts doesn't want to release a game only for the two runners-up, then take six months or so to adapt to the best-selling console. That makes no sense. So they delay the entire release until the Wii version is ready, so that they all come out the same day.

Makes sense, doesn't it?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-22-2007, 01:47 PM
No. Er, wait - yes.

At any rate, I'm still mad that they're not putting it out on Xbox. I really don't know if I'm going to keep buying new game systems anymore.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Is this confirmed? Cos I kept reading that it wasn't coming to the Wii and I wanted to make sure. Thanks Chux! :thumbsup:

Lord Malakite
09-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Yes Guyute, it has been confirmed.:thumbsup:

MASTERKESSLER
10-10-2007, 10:05 PM
I was over at amazon looking around and saw that they have the force unleashed for preorder and noticed that it is released in march for the Xbox and in April for the Playstation. It did not have a release date for the Wii. I was also wondering does any one know if they are going to have a big release of the action figures that tie into the game on the day that it comes out? Also does anyone know a release date?

Lord Malakite
10-11-2007, 01:31 AM
All four home console and both handheld console versions of this game are expected to be released during the 2nd quarter of next year (Spring 2008), but no official date has been set as of yet. I'm not certain about the action figures' release, but I imagine that Hasbro will want to capitalize on "Force Unleashed"'s popularity when the game and other tie-ins (books, etc.) come out, so I would expect them to release closely around the same time.

preacher
10-12-2007, 05:57 AM
I just hope this goes better than Shadows of the Empire. That was a big disappointment.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-15-2007, 09:55 AM
I just hope this goes better than Shadows of the Empire. That was a big disappointment.

Gonna have to heartily disagree. For its time, that game WAS THE SHIZZLE on the N64. That Battle of Hoth was FANTASTIC and I happily spent several hours playing that game. Hell, I hope it gets released through the Wii virtual console. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
10-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Shadows was awesome!
I couldn't be less excited about this new one.

aussietrooper20
12-17-2007, 06:28 PM
This is a game which everyone is dying to get in 2008, and so far www.ezygames.com.au (http://www.ezygames.com.au) has revealed when it's coming on the number one console in 2008, namely the Nintendo Wii, and it should be great to play it on this console since you use the Wii remote as a lightsaber, and the nunchuck as electric bolts.

for PC fans, sorry, it wont be sold on PC.

El Chuxter
01-16-2008, 05:02 PM
This could probably use a merge here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=36264&highlight=unleashed) and here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=36099&highlight=unleashed).

Amazon is now showing a release date of August 26. :eek: Can anyone confirm this is correct, or does Amazon have their info wrong?

If they announced this game for early 2007, and it's already been delayed a few times, the pooch is getting majorly screwed on this if they wait until August.

I doubt demand will be any less, but delaying such an anticipated game so much is certainly not going to make them any friends. Especially when there's nothing else to show for the massive delay in terms of other output from LucasArts.

Edit: Looks like the official site says Summer 2008, so the August date must be correct, or close to it.

It's especially stupid, since they're touting this DMM technology that will be exclusive to LucasArts until September 2008... but the only game confirmed to use it comes out the month before! :rolleyes:

JediTricks
01-16-2008, 08:15 PM
That's ridiculous. Moving it from 4th Quarter '07 to 2nd Quarter '08 was bad enough, but now it's another 4 months?!? Maybe they should have gotten this all under control before they announced the damn game. I bet Hasbro and the other licensees with all this product out now and coming soon to support it are mad as hell over this.

On the up side, now I can get an Xbox 360 for my birthday and this game with it, since it's coming out 2 days before.

aussietrooper20
01-17-2008, 02:12 AM
they say that the wii console is the best choice for this game since you'll be able to use the wii remote as a lightsaber, and the nunchuck as lightning bolts.

JediTricks
01-17-2008, 02:38 PM
I suspect the Wii won't have the high-end programming Euphoria or DMM as those will probably require more processing power than the Wii can deliver, and the Wii version of the game is being developed by a 3rd party. It also will probably have the PS2 version of the graphics, since the Wii doesn't have the graphics power of the PS3 or 360.

Also, it's now confirmed that while there will be Wiimote lightsaber action, it will not be "1:1" ("one to one"), it will not be precision movements where it does exactly what the user is doing.

El Chuxter
01-17-2008, 03:57 PM
That kind of defeats the purpose.

aussietrooper20
01-17-2008, 06:18 PM
the PS3 is basiclly a PS2 console with a blue ray DVD player in one, and the Wii has better graphics than X-box 360 making it the best. it also has internet connection now.

El Chuxter
01-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Okay, I'm a Wii man myself, but that's the first time I've ever heard anyone claim that the graphics on the Wii are better than the PS3 or XBox 360.

(I'm of the mind that gameplay is more important than graphics, so it doesn't bother me since the Wii has the choicest games so far, but, aside from the WiiMote, the Wii is pretty far behind the other two technologically.)

aussietrooper20
01-17-2008, 11:40 PM
that is why its been said to be better in the wii and ds consoles.

you'll feel like your really fighting on those consoles, while the others, you'll feel like sitting on your fat bottem putting on weight and not feeling it as if its really happening.

Slicker
01-18-2008, 02:40 AM
I take it that someone has a bias towards the Nintendo systems and won't be swayed regardless of the facts. :rolleyes:

decadentdave
01-18-2008, 03:22 AM

Shadows of the Empire was one of the funnest console games I've ever played. When IG-88 attacks on Ord Mantell it literally scared the **** out of me. Too bad it's on N64 and not PS1. Just got a 60g PS3 to play all my old PS1 and 2 games.

Jangu Fett
01-18-2008, 08:03 AM
I've just seen that Force Unleashed, is being delayed again. What the heck, Wasn't this game supposed to be like a major SW event for 2007? Now the way it's going it won't even be a event in 2008. What's this delay going to do for all the toys, books, comics, etc.?????

What a HUGE dissapointment.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

jedi master sal
01-18-2008, 09:10 AM
What the fark? Again?

It's being reported by another website that the game's release has been pushed back to as far as August 26.

The only significant reason I can see for this is them trying to adapt the game to the Wii, what with the lightsaber controller.

In the meantime though the toys are going to hit mass retail in a month or two with the main thing they are tied into NOT at retail. That may mean lackluster sales at first.

Yes, collector interests will coax the line along, but it remains to be seen if we will be able to carry it through until the release of the game.

Wow, it's been almost a year since we've seen the toys and photos and trailers from the game.
I can't believe there is yet another hold-up with the game itself.

I WAS excited to play the game, now-not so much. My interest has cooled off on these. It will probably pick up when we get a HARD confirmation of the release date of the game, but by that time the toys will have been out for awhile and my interest in getting more TFU related toys will have wained.

This is a significant screwup on LucasArts. Once okay we can forgive easily. It happens even with the best of franchises. But twice now?? And so long after we have basically been told to look for an early spring release. Shame shame LucasArts.

CaptainSolo1138
01-18-2008, 09:18 AM
I have zero interest in this. The game looks unexciting and unoriginal and the figures/characters look absolutely ridiculous. I could care less if they scrapped it altogether.

jedi master sal
01-18-2008, 10:02 AM
I have zero interest in this. The game looks unexciting and unoriginal and the figures/characters look absolutely ridiculous. I could care less if they scrapped it altogether.

Ya know, I'm getting to this point too.

I'm apalled by the painted Stormtroopers. I still hold to the idea that if by the end of ROTS we saw the ships already stripped of outer color markings, that the troopers wouldn't be far behind. As well, since we're now talking Stormtrooper armor and not Clone armor, the change to all white armor would have come by then.

I've already been basically cured of my massive army buiding tendancies (again with exception to the corrected Kashyyyk clone coming out soon). So the TFU troopers really don't hold my interests. Besides I still think they look too cartoony.

This delay in the game has deflated my interest in the line in general.

The clone wars line doesn't hold much promise for figures for me, with the occasional Jedi or leader characters as exceptions. But, I won't need any more troops, unless Hasbro decides to go back to the EPI battle droid mold.

Vehicles and ships look good for me this year, but figures no. And this game delay is only making it worse.

El Chuxter
01-18-2008, 10:34 AM
I've got a pretty big Nintendo bias myself, but I'll freely admit that it's, technologically speaking, not much better than a GameCube.

As you know, I got a PS2 mainly to play non-GameCube games like Battlefront and Sopranos. With the Wii being so popular, I doubt there will be a whole lot of games simply not being made for it as was the case with the GameCube. They may be different from the XBox 360 and PS3 versions, but I think they'll still be available.

El Chuxter
01-18-2008, 10:37 AM
The worst things about the delay:

1) The new DMM technology is LucasArts-exclusive until September. With TFU now bowing in August, this means they have less than a month to show it off!

2) Like you said, the figures, which probably can't be delayed again at this point, are going to pegwarm, and pegwarm hard. We're talking Xizor pegwarming here, if not Jerjerrod. Sure, if they're not clearanced by August, they'll sell then, but that means all the figures in subsequent waves will be a pain in the rump to find.

3) This has been one of the most anticipated games of recent years. I remember them teasing it at Comic-Con two or three years ago. However, not only is it being continually pushed back, but I can't think of anything else that's come out from LucasArts during that time! Maybe we'll get an Indy game this summer, but who knows?

jedi master sal
01-18-2008, 11:00 AM
We are supposed to get an Indy game. IIRC, it's an XBox360 exclusive, but I could be wrong on that.
Regardless, it won't have the punch that the Force unleashed was supposed to deliver.

That punch is looking more and more like a pat. Tap, tap, "Hey buddy, we got a game over here for ya," instead of a punch in the face, knock you down, the fight is over kind of deal...

Neuroleptic
01-18-2008, 11:18 AM
You know, I honestly only plan to get one of the TFU figures, so I don't care when they come out.

As far as the game, I'd honestly rather see them delay it a few more times than push out a terrible game. Anyone remember E.T. for the Atari? That's what happens when you take a license, and rush something into stores.

Granted, that's a extreme to the core example. But I'd rather see them delay it than release something half finnished wich is what often happens with anticipated games. The wait may be worth it.

Since I honestly don't know much about the game either, I can wait as long as I need to.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-18-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't suppose posting this, say, in the thread already started about the video game section would have made too much sense, eh?

Mod: please merge. thanks! :thumbsup:

decadentdave
01-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Guess the Force really won't be unleashed. :rolleyes:

jedi master sal
01-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Sorry Guy, I didn't look there to see if it was posted.

El Chuxter
01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Ah, but this thread is talking about how the delay affects everything else, such as the novels and figures. Or at least that's why I thought it was under GenDisc.

JediTricks
01-18-2008, 12:29 PM
That kind of defeats the purpose.My thoughts exactly. If it's just more "waggle", bfd, though I suspect they'll not make it that simple. Still, the Wii has notoriously poor results for sword games so far, none of which are 1:1.

the PS3 is basiclly a PS2 console with a blue ray DVD player in one, and the Wii has better graphics than X-box 360 making it the best.Wow, that is so far out there. The PS3 CPU clocks at 3.2ghz, the PS2 clocks at... wait, I already did the rest of those numbers:
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=512982#post512982

So, your claim holds no validity whatsoever. The PS3 is extremely powerful, and the 360's GPU (one of the other numbers I didn't give at the time) is 500mhz, over twice as fast as the Wii's.

I take it that someone has a bias towards the Nintendo systems and won't be swayed regardless of the facts. :rolleyes:Well, I've given hard numbers at least.

Shadows of the Empire was one of the funnest console games I've ever played. When IG-88 attacks on Ord Mantell it literally scared the **** out of me. Too bad it's on N64 and not PS1. Just got a 60g PS3 to play all my old PS1 and 2 games.Yeah, that part was craaazy, that weird sound IG-88 made, he'd leap around and hide and shoot you, and if you didn't beat him and had to leave, you'd have to do that stupid train level again. I think SOTE and Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight are some of the best Star Wars games ever. I have my N64 still but don't keep it plugged into the TV, using only my slimline PS2 these days.

I've got a pretty big Nintendo bias myself, but I'll freely admit that it's, technologically speaking, not much better than a GameCube.63% better than the GameCube, which is the first next-gen console to not be at least 200% better than its predecessor EVER.

As you know, I got a PS2 mainly to play non-GameCube games like Battlefront and Sopranos. With the Wii being so popular, I doubt there will be a whole lot of games simply not being made for it as was the case with the GameCube. They may be different from the XBox 360 and PS3 versions, but I think they'll still be available.The "different" part generally annoys me though because they give the development to 3rd party firms who aren't really that concerned with doing the best the machine can. The PS2 version of Spider-Man 3 was downright deplorable even though SM2 on the same console was one of the best games of all time IMO.

JediTricks
01-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Ah, but this thread is talking about how the delay affects everything else, such as the novels and figures. Or at least that's why I thought it was under GenDisc.Still, it's the game that is causing the delay discussion, so I merged 'em.

On the other hand, the TFU novelization has been confirmed to be delayed from early spring until late June, so haw haw.

El Chuxter
01-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks! Now it looks like I'm schizo! :crazed:

JediTricks
01-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks! Now it looks like I'm schizo! :crazed:
Blame your genetics for that. :D

jedi master sal
01-19-2008, 09:43 AM
As official as we're going to get that it's being delayed:
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/007272436.cfm
which they then point to:
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Possible_Delay_For_The_Force_Unleashed_111577.asp
who then point to this post by Lucas Licensing’s Managing Editor and Fiction & Comic Editor Sue Rostoni:
http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=222689&start=06165

So the Force isn't going to be Unleashed this spring...

El Chuxter
01-19-2008, 11:19 AM
In the first post on that page, why is wookiee censored as "w**kiee"?

bigbarada
01-19-2008, 09:33 PM
So The Force Unleashed is possibly delayed until August? My only response is.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now what's Hasbro going to do with all those figure aside from watch them rot on the pegs worse than SOTE?:D:D:D

For those of us disappointed with Hasbro's diminishing focus on OT figures, this just feels like poetic justice.:cool:

jedi master sal
01-19-2008, 09:57 PM
So The Force Unleashed is possibly delayed until August? My only response is.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now what's Hasbro going to do with all those figure aside from watch them rot on the pegs worse than SOTE?:D:D:D

For those of us disappointed with Hasbro's diminishing focus on OT figures, this just feels like poetic justice.:cool:

I'm hoping it will mean pegs of the troopers from TFU and that stores will clearance them quick! In that case I MIGHT army build them instead of getting just a squad of 5 of each.

El Chuxter
01-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Jesucristo, you have a totally different meaning of "cutting back" from anyone else I know. lol

Lord Malakite
01-29-2008, 01:11 PM
IGN just got their first look at the Wii version (http://wii.ign.com/articles/847/847625p1.html) a few days ago and here is their current impression of the game.

El Chuxter
01-29-2008, 01:31 PM
On top of the single player campaign, the Wii version of The Force Unleashed will have a two-player Duel Mode where players can take their pick from an assortment of about 30 unlockable characters and duke it out with another player on the same system. In the demo it was a "Best of Five" affair where the combatant who earns three wins in the fight walks away the winner. Power-ups will come into play that will enhance the characters' abilities during battle.

Hells yeah!

Does this mean the other versions sacrificed multiplayer vs. modes for improved physics? I know the realism is supposed to be the big thing about this game, but that seems like a moronic tradeoff to me. Give me two-player fights any day.

Lord Malakite
01-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Does this mean the other versions sacrificed multiplayer vs. modes for improved physics?
Not necessarily. Only the Wii version was presented at this event from my understanding, so there is no way to really compare and contrast the differences between versions. All they are saying in that statement is that the Wii version has a confirmed multiplayer mode.

JediTricks
01-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Wow, that was a whole lot of nothing. I could have written that without ever seeing the game, totally generic commentary if you read the TFU press releases.

Hayden Blackman said of the game at SDCC that the PS3 and 360 versions will have some sort of dedicated online play mode, though he didn't elaborate. My guess is it'll be the same thing as the Wii vs. mode but a little bigger.

CropDuster
02-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Does anyone know of an official scheduled release date? All I've seen is the vague release of summer 2008. I saw that as late as August 08 had been put out there, I just wondered how official that info source was. I'm not arguing that it is bogus, I was just curious.

Jangu Fett
02-21-2008, 12:49 PM
At Gamestop it's listed as a 4-1-08 release. It also marked as the same date, on a couple other sites. Everything is still scheduled for release next month. All the books, figures and such. All have a 3-?-08 release date listed.

Lord Malakite
02-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Does anyone know of an official scheduled release date? All I've seen is the vague release of summer 2008. I saw that as late as August 08 had been put out there, I just wondered how official that info source was. I'm not arguing that it is bogus, I was just curious.
The vague date of Summer 2008 is the only official info. LucasArts has said so far concerning release. Summer is considered from late June (usually starting the 20th. or 21st.) till late September (usually ending the 21st., 22nd., or 23rd.). So sometime in August 08 is a definate possibility, though it can't be considered "official" until/if LucasArts states it.

JediTricks
02-21-2008, 04:24 PM
August 26th was the date they had on Amazon last time, now it's July 29th.

General_Grievous
02-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Who are we kidding? We know deep down that it probably won't come out until Christmas, but we're just denying it to make ourselves feel better. :(

JediTricks
02-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Christmas, 2011.

Lord Malakite
02-22-2008, 03:04 AM
Christmas, 2011.

Nah, that is Duke Nukem Forever's release date. Which is unfortunate actually, as the game will no doubt show signs that it was clearly rushed to retail.

JediTricks
02-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Why do you think they rushed it? To compete with FU.

Lord Malakite
02-23-2008, 02:07 AM
Why do you think they rushed it? To compete with FU.
Must be. :p

JediTricks
02-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Come on now, if they released Duke Nukem Forever, how could they continue to get paid for its 10+ year development? :p

Lord Malakite
02-24-2008, 02:46 AM
Come on now, if they released Duke Nukem Forever, how could they continue to get paid for its 10+ year development? :p
Well, there was a news article not too long back that mentioned that they were already planning to begin development on a Duke Nukem Forever sequel pretty much the same day that Duke Nukem Forever is released. :D

Lord Malakite
03-03-2008, 01:13 AM
If anyone is picking up the Wii edition of Force Unleashed here is an unlicensed 3rd party attachment (http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/3517983/Light-Sword-for-Wii/Product.html) you can pick up for your Wii remote while you wait. Like most attachments of this nature (golf clubs, tennis rackets, etc.) it doesn't really add anything new gameplay wise and its probably something I wouldn't get. I will admit however that for what it is it does look nice and it lights up.

An officially licensed attachment may also be in the works by LucasArts if they can clear some safety issue concerns that Nintendo has.

The real Luke
03-03-2008, 08:56 PM
I cant wait til this game comes out.

El Chuxter
04-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Delayed again, this time until September 16.

Meaning this groundbreaking technology will be available to other developers before TFU comes out. I thought the LucasArts exclusivity was one of the major selling points of the game.

That stupid Susie Imperial figure I saw at Wal-Mart will be coated in dust by then.

Lord Malakite
04-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Delayed again, this time until September 16.
It wasn't delayed again Chux. :rolleyes: If you look back at one of my previous responses I gave a time range for what "Summer 2008" covers. September 16 falls within that time range.

The vague date of Summer 2008 is the only official info. Summer is considered from late June (usually starting the 20th. or 21st.) till late September (usually ending the 21st., 22nd., or 23rd.).

General_Grievous
04-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Nevertheless, the new release date is still almost a full year since it was originally supposed to be released. Which is lame.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-05-2008, 10:56 AM
If anybody is interested, the current issue of Gamepro has an article on TFU and they give a rundown of the Wii controls. And the duel mode looks great too. This game is going to be fantastic.........when it finally arrives. hehehheehe :thumbsup:

bigbarada
04-12-2008, 12:20 AM
I've been watching the previews for this game on Spike and I have to say it looks pretty cool. Plus the possibility that you can turn good and aren't just stuck being evil the entire game is making me really interested in possibly playing it.

But I think they said something about it being released on the PS4 and the XBOX 720. Is that a bad sign?:D

plasticfetish
05-21-2008, 01:32 AM
For those that haven't read this yet, mousedroid.com was invited to a "reveal event," and put up a review of the game (http://www.mousedroid.com/feature/activision/index.html). (spoilers!)

El Chuxter
05-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Sad thing is, all those spoilers (except the name Starkiller) have been around for about a year now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-09-2008, 05:42 PM
The full trailer is up. (http://www.ew.com/ew/video/exclusives?lineupId=1155151521&videoId=1655717469) It looks pretty awesome.

plasticfetish
07-09-2008, 09:01 PM
It does look awesome. I think I'm probably ten times more excited about this game, as I am about the Clone Wars cartoon.

Dar' Argol
07-15-2008, 06:08 AM
OooooOOOooooOOOOO:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thatlooks AWESOME . . . . this is the game I bought a PS3 for and it cannot come out soon enough!!!

plasticfetish
07-25-2008, 02:37 AM
Okay guys... the game is going to be on display at Comic-Con, and I want to hear some opinions from anyone who's there.

At this point I don't give a rat's a** about the Clone Wars movie. It's this game that I'm waiting for.

plasticfetish
07-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Hello caller? Anyone there... at Comic-Con to play this game?

El Chuxter
07-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Looks beautiful. I didn't get to play, but saw others doing so. The Wii version has much less clarity in the graphics, but it still looks quite good.

The Clone Wars game, on the other hand, looked confusing as hell, and that's what the people playing seemed to think, too. Pretty sad, given it should be a simple fighting game. One thing I noticed repeatedly was a huge warning (like the bottom 25% of the screen) that said "For best results, do not shake the Wii Remote!" Um, call me nuts, but why make a game exclusively for Wii and then ignore its defining feature?

plasticfetish
07-31-2008, 02:50 AM
Thanks Chux.

I think you may now have officially given the only review of Force Unleashed at San Diego Comic-Con... that I can find anyway. ;)

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 08:52 PM
I'd say what Chux did, I saw but did not play. The Wii one looked less-good :p and had a slower frame rate to the point of being noticeable, but I didn't pay much attention to whether its gameplay was different because I just didn't have the time to study it. The game on the PS3 and 360 looks very "wow!" though, can't wait to get it.

Clone Wars looked like a straight-up 3d fighter which made folks happy until they actually played it, then it was confusing, Force powers didn't come naturally to ANYBODY and lightsaber looked sloppy. Honestly, I have no idea if this will pan out or not, it could though, but the nunchuck was definitely a major sticking point.

plasticfetish
08-02-2008, 05:04 AM
Well, as soon as my 360 gets back from its trip to Texas in a few weeks, I'll be dusting it off, and getting it ready for some Force Unleashed. I'm just not interested in the Clone Wars game at all. You guys haven't done much to change that... which is probably fine.

Don't have a Wii at our house yet anyway, though my inlaws just bought one, so who knows.

El Chuxter
08-15-2008, 11:31 AM
I read some major spoilers on Wookiepedia. If true, such a huge, huge waste of a potential story. The game still looks fun, but the story is laughable, and the forced link to the OT is ricoculous.

Oh, and the whole thing about "this is a previously established character"? A load of carp.

AmanaMatt
08-16-2008, 02:28 PM
I am pumped for the Force Unleashed game - not due to any 'story' that is included - I want it for the kick butt graphics and cool controls!

First SW game I am pumped for in a decaded or more.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-17-2008, 11:25 PM
I found an older article online stating that the wii was going to get an extra downloadable 5 levels. Is this still the case? anybody know?

And despite the lower graphic capability on the wii, i'm still excited for this game for the interaction and wiisaber prospects. :thumbsup:

AmanaMatt
08-22-2008, 03:23 PM
So the new demo for this game came out yesterday, and only thing in here are tumbleweeds....guess everyone is playing the demo to Unleashed...

I played the 360 and PS3 versions of the demo, and while the graphics looks good on both, the PS3 version looked a bit brighter....

Great demo....

plasticfetish
08-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Mehhh! We just got our 360 back from being repaired (aka replaced), and I haven't had time to download the demo. (Maybe if the kid takes a break from playing Halo 3 for a few hours.)

I will say this though... I've been scarce around here lately because of work, but once that game comes out...

JetsAndHeels
08-24-2008, 04:29 PM
I loved the demo. I cannot wait to get this game.

jonthejedi
08-25-2008, 04:19 AM
...any news on the stormtrooper cmdr. gift w/prebook. Is it still going on at EB Games?

AmanaMatt
08-25-2008, 11:26 PM
...any news on the stormtrooper cmdr. gift w/prebook. Is it still going on at EB Games?

Waa...? Are we talking Hasbro figure?

Dar' Argol
08-26-2008, 06:12 AM
I downloaded the demo last night and all I have to say is the demo was too darn short!! Its awesome, the physics are great, the moves are fresh, and it can only get better from there. I like the facial expression on Starkiller's face when Vader says to kill everyone, Rebels and Imperials.

pbarnard
09-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Believe it or not this game did slightly influence what console I did buy. However, price did win out in the end, with both a cheaper console and games, I lucked into finding a Wii last fall.

I'm getting this game for Wii. When my wife and I go the Wii last fall, we made a deal, we each could get 1 game a year since our interests are very different. She went with Mario Kart, I chose this one. We're not gamers, but are competitive still playing a variety of racket sports from both our cultures (she being native Chinese).
The virtual competition with Wii Sports has kept it fresh. I get a gold medal, she has to get a platinum medal, she gets a daily fitness test 3 years younger than her age, I have to get a virtual fitness test a full decade younger. We can have a physical virtual fight, something that in the real world couldn't happen first amongst the sexes without police involvement or due to weight classes (light vs heavy weight).

Back to TFU

My understanding is that the single player mode was to be a Force power on display cartoon of the movies sort of like the original CW microseries with exagurations of what could be done, not a sword play game. Next, I thought they said each console would have it's own mini-game or levels added to it. For me, the multiplayer as well as duel mode despite the lack of performance/graphics still made the Wii stand out.

Will I miss out on the 7.1 audio? Sure, but we only have a 5.1 decoder. I can always add an additional challenge to my wii gaming such as sitting on a balance ball or standing one legged while doing squats to make it an aerobic activity additionally. Even if the controls aren't perfect, it'll give me a frame of reference for the next game I want even if it is a change in genre.

I am willing to go this route, it seems once every 7-10 years Lucas Arts comes out with something that is considered industry standard and changes the views of all gamers. Monkey Island, TIE Fighter, than Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, Knights of the Old Republic. I'm willing to gamble that the first time the people at ILM and LA work together might come out with something special, I mean, anything has to be better than wondering why I can't get that last two 1-star ranks in MarioKart on the Mirror Cup.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
I did my pre-order thing today at TRU for the wii version. I'm just looking forward to finally using the wii remote like a saber! Anybody know what online features the game has for the wii? I think it's pretty minimal, but i'm still curious.

That's pretty much how I plan to spend a lot of my downtime next week. Very excited! :thumbsup:

pbarnard
09-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I thought it was the duel mode, which is the only real online feature on any platform iirc.

JediTricks
09-09-2008, 05:34 PM
First off, I was bummed to see that several magazines gave an early review to the game with C and B- ratings, that took the wind out of my sails. Most of the complaints were that it was too straightfoward (non-branching story, unlike Jedi Knight), and had no online capabilities, which isn't stuff I was looking forward to with the game anyway, but it still hurts to see middling ratings.

Secondly, there is no online mode for any of 'em, not even Wii. The Wii duel mode is 1-on-1 in-person play, not online, probably because they don't want to step on the toes of the upcoming Clone Wars lightsaber game (IMO, they look VERY similar).

Thirdly, Lucasarts sent media a video of the Wii version's walkthrough for the TIE Fighter facility level, this is the level that is the downloadable demo for PS3 and 360. I actually downloaded it to check out once and for all what's going on with the Wii version for writing future material. This is a port, no question, everything is different. Graphically, the Wii version
is abysmal, you're in a Death Star-style interior setting and it looks worse than SW Battlefront II which is a 3 year old PS2 and Xbox game, that was shocking. The characters are very poly-jaggy and the settings are extremely flat and dull, the AT-ST boss at the end looks downright crummy. Visually, it's a dropped ball, it looks like a cheap port, like how Spider-Man 3 looked so bad on last-gen systems. The heads-up elements are large and intrusive and simplistic, they're set in the upper left.

The substance is also different, the levels are smaller and the characters appear to be more pre-determined behavior and less AI; our hero doesn't move or fight the same, but I think the bolder actions will satisfy this crowd, the lack of nuance in some of the actions (and lesser animation and behavior of stuff like lightning and Force-push) will give it more of a classic Star Wars gaming feel, I'm thinking Jedi Knight specifically - which was certainly a lot of fun back in the day, I played the hell out of it. However, beating the boss had some really awful stuff, it's one of those things where the game takes most of the control and just gives you commands when appropriate, there's one part where your guy jams his saber into the eye of the AT-ST, and it's just a lightsaber in an open black window, what was the point of that? Looked terrible, seemed pointless, then you finally do a few moves along those lines and pick it up and crush it, makes you wonder why he didn't do that as soon as he saw it (in the PS3 / 360 version, you actually tear it up good then slice it in half vertically, it's badass).

Gameplay looks like it has positive and negative aspects. The saber controls are not 1:1, instead you have 5 moves on the left controller that the character corresponds to - up, down, left, right, and forward. The upwards attack looks pretty devastating, and I don't think there's a similar move for the main game. The game's manager said that the forward slash is the most powerful, but it looked kinda average. The right controller does the Force moves, basically it acts as the right stick in the main version. Then there's segments where they tell you what to do - push right, hit x, that sort of thing. On PS3, it's presented with all the buttons together in the normal diamond format, and the one you are supposed to hit stands out larger - this is brilliant after some frustrating failures for this on God of War (there's tons of it there, I'm slightly dyslexic so I'd get the x, square, circle, triangle stuff wrong a lot but the joystick direction stuff right). On the Wii, it's directionality - move the wiimote left twice, rotate it this way, jiggle it that way (there's something similar for breaking saber locks in duel mode) - and to be honest, I get the feeling the wacky directionality displayed in the video will be as frustrating as the stuff I went through with God of War, it's not really clear enough for you to do it in time.

Ultimately, I think the Wii version is going to not quite deliver the Wii experience folks hope for, looks really bad visually, and from a game scale and design standpoint doesn't really match up with its next-gen brethren. My guess is that for the Wii, the saber stuff will be cute fun at first and then just repetitive; the Force pickup by the right controller might sell the game halfway, it depends on how well it works - the Clone Wars version at SDCC didn't work for people at all. The gameplay ultimately I think will doom it, it looks lousy and the AI doesn't seem to have the level of challenge that the game was made for.

El Chuxter
09-09-2008, 06:03 PM
In a way, that's good news. Though I hate to see bad reviews that seem to actually be based on actual reasons (rather than the typical "I can't play online, so automatic F!" garbage), it does mean the Wii version at least might be a $19.99 game a lot sooner.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Picked up a "glo sword" today at Target as it was the only lightsaber accessory i've seen around. It looks pretty snazzy though, especially when it's on! :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
09-14-2008, 03:13 PM
How's the weight on that? Does it feel like you're actually holding a sword?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-14-2008, 06:34 PM
How's the weight on that? Does it feel like you're actually holding a sword?

It's around half a pound or so, maybe a tad more, but it feels really pretty light. I'd say it may hit around an actually pound with the remote attached as it feels heavier.

And it actually feels like i'm holding a sword; it's pretty light and the hand guards add an extra sense of realism to the sword. I like it a lot.

And it comes in colors: blue, yellow, green, and the sith color I got: red!!

:thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-15-2008, 08:17 PM
IGN has reviews up!!

Wii: 7.8 (good)
PS3: 7.3 (decent)
360: 7.3 (decent)
PSP: 7.5 (good)
PS2: 7.2 (decent)

Looks like the complaint overall is the length of tHe game, 6-10 hours depending on the platform.

Very excited to pick up the wii version tomorrow morning!!! :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-16-2008, 01:36 AM
I just got back from Game Stop. I went at 10 and there were a few other people there; nothing huge. I paid for the PS2 version, got the Stormtrooper Commander, and left for a while before coming back at 12 to pick it up. I'm pretty tired and I have class in the morning so I will wait to play until later in the day, but I'm pretty stoked for it.

Mvader91
09-16-2008, 03:23 AM
IT IS pretty sweet! Jedi Tricks the figure was free!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-16-2008, 09:43 AM
My local TRU was running a promotion for the PS3 and 360 versions that you got a free $20 gift card with purchase. Don't know if this is nationwide, but I figured i'd report it.

About to play the wii version here in a few minutes!! :thumbsup:

Garth_Vader
09-16-2008, 10:08 AM
I really want this game, the only problem is I don't know which system to buy. I have been mulling this over for a while. Any suggestions?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-16-2008, 11:10 AM
I really want this game, the only problem is I don't know which system to buy. I have been mulling this over for a while. Any suggestions?

It depends on what systems you have: the 360 and PS3 have better graphics, but the wii has the wii mote saber and interactive control thing going on. The wii also has lesser graphics than the other systems.

Just got done playing the wii version and i really like it. The graphics thus far range from really solid to ps2 quality at times, but it doesn't bother me. The control is FANTASTIC as once you get the hang of it, it's really easy and natural. Plus, they have some handy tutorials throughout the first level that help you out. I was throwing wookies against walls in no time! :thumbsup:

I will say that the saber attachment I bought almost felt too heavy and odd when playing the game. Maybe it's because I wasn't used to it at the time, so i'll try it again later. If i still feel that way, i'll take it back.

Garth_Vader
09-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the info. I don't have any of the new gen systems. I was trying to decide which one I might like. I have heard good and bad things about each. I thought it might be a nice Birthday present to myself if I bought a new system and picked up TFU since it is released today.

jonthejedi
09-17-2008, 04:58 AM
Who wouldn't love crushing a scout walker like an eggshell? I'm halfway thru the Wii version, and my biggest complaint is I want a better look at the trooper variations I'm chucking against walls & such(love the naval trooper). The costume & character design is fantastic, and fits well in the SW universe.

Dar' Argol
09-17-2008, 06:21 AM
This game is awesome!! I love it. I've got the PS3 version and while this is not as in depth as KOTOR it is way fun none the less. Something about being able to grab just about anything and toss it at anything is very nice. And the backgrounds are not only interactive but beautiful to look at. I love finding little things here and there that I did not expect. like on the junk planet (I cannot remember its name right now) as I looked over a ravine there below is a Trade Federation Droid Control ship . . . lol. Or the empty Clone Trooper armor on Fulucia . . very nice!!

Ando
09-17-2008, 09:40 AM
...and my biggest complaint is I want a better look at the trooper variations I'm chucking against walls & such (love the naval trooper)...

You can get a better look at the troopers... The holocrons you collect are pictures of various scenes, vehicles, troopers, and other assorted things from the game.

Supposedly there are 200 holocrons to be collected. You can view them when you're "in" the Rogue Shadow. Go to "Extras" and select "View Holocrons".

My favorite one so far is a picture of the orange gunship-like vehicle you see in the hangar at the Imperial Shipyards when you're going after Rahm Kota. It looks like a cross between a Republic Gunship and an ARC-170. It has a beak nose, cockpit, engines, and wings with just the lower S Foil like the ARC-170 all on the body of the RG. It's pretty cool. Has anyone else seen this yet? (Bar, if you're reading this, I think this new vehicle would be right up your alley to build as a custom.)

My only complaints would be the lighting (it's too dark sometimes) and the cord to the Wiimote from the Nunchuk controller whacking me in the face while I'm wildly thrashing about trying to kill troopers and other enemies.

Other than that, it's a lot of fun and not nearly as difficult as I worried it would be to pick up and play.

JetsAndHeels
09-17-2008, 09:57 AM
I am stuck on a part and need help.

I am on the first real mission, when you are on board the ship as Vader's apprentice and have to kill everyone. There is a part featuring a large corridor with a column of lasers on each side, and an assembly line type device carrying tie fighter pods on the ceiling. The objective, according to the game, is to disable the force field. I cannot seem to figure out how to do this. There is a small room on the left side featuring 2 sections of electrical type tubes that may be powering something. I used force powers to throw the pods at it and disable it, but no luck.

Anyone know what I am referring to, and how to get past it?

Ando
09-17-2008, 10:35 AM
If you're in the spot I think you are, then you need to go UP. Are there piles of TIE Fighter wing panels around you?

If so, stand on one and use the Force Blast (?) maneuver when you see the sympol appear on the screen. For the Wii, it's the Z button on the nunchuk controller. When you do that, the TIE wing panels will shoot up and get lodged into the ship and become stairs.

You'll have to do this twice and don't worry about falling down, once you breach the upper level(s), the force field engages and you can go back down.

JetsAndHeels
09-17-2008, 11:02 AM
If you're in the spot I think you are, then you need to go UP. Are there piles of TIE Fighter wing panels around you?

If so, stand on one and use the Force Blast (?) maneuver when you see the sympol appear on the screen. For the Wii, it's the Z button on the nunchuk controller. When you do that, the TIE wing panels will shoot up and get lodged into the ship and become stairs.

You'll have to do this twice and don't worry about falling down, once you breach the upper level(s), the force field engages and you can go back down.

I know the part you are talking about, but no, that is not the spot I am in. It is further in the game on the upper level. Thanks for the help though.

Ando
09-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Sorry, I don't think I remember that part of the game and I am past Rahm Kota and on to the Raxis Prime level.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Man, Kazdan Paratus was awesome. And I love the design of the junk droids - the bipedal ones look to have an RA-7 head, astromech droid torso/covering, crab droid arm, protocol droid right leg, and IG-88 left leg (though I could be mistaken) and the beastly thing has a spider droid head and crab droid parts. Too cool! :D

jonthejedi
09-17-2008, 02:32 PM
I knew about the Holocrons, but man, I have to get the art book cause I love the design work the team did. Right now I'm rescuing Jimmy Smits on Felucia(lots of return trips to planets on Wii version. I also loved the creations on Raxsus Prime...like Wall-E gone to the dark side, man. KOto's boys rock, too.

General_Grievous
09-17-2008, 09:07 PM
I love the game, but it really is too short. I checked the level select screen and I'm already on the second-to-last level (on the 360 version). But I can't wait to upgrade all of the force powers so I can go back and be virtually unstoppable. I'm also really enjoying the plot, including the cameos from other familiar characters from the saga. But out of the new characters, I'm really digging Proxy and Rahm Kota.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-17-2008, 10:05 PM
SPOILERS

I accidentally skipped over two of the cinematics tonight, so I had to look them up on Youtube. They were the ones where Palpatine forced Vader to kill Galen and then Vader sent him to start the Rebel alliance. :eek: I heard there was a connection, but damn, that was really unexpected: having Vader essentially start the rebellion (well, shore it up after the petition of 2000, anyway). I'm glad I didn't miss that one. :D

I also saw, since I watched the PS3 cutscenes, that there are a few differences between it and the PS2 version . . . for instance, Galen doesn't make his saber or fight PROXY as Obi-Wan in the PS2 one.

JetsAndHeels
09-18-2008, 09:42 AM
I finally got past the spot where I was stuck...turns out all I had to do was force activate a lever....Doh!!

Now I am at the end of level 2....have to take out that large droid looking thing with the fireball.

JediTricks
09-18-2008, 04:38 PM
I am stuck on a part and need help.

I am on the first real mission, when you are on board the ship as Vader's apprentice and have to kill everyone. There is a part featuring a large corridor with a column of lasers on each side, and an assembly line type device carrying tie fighter pods on the ceiling. The objective, according to the game, is to disable the force field. I cannot seem to figure out how to do this. There is a small room on the left side featuring 2 sections of electrical type tubes that may be powering something. I used force powers to throw the pods at it and disable it, but no luck.

Anyone know what I am referring to, and how to get past it?On the PS3 version, there is a large gray box in part of the wall outside the laser field towards the end on the left, it's just like the gray box in the round room with the first laser field (I love those laser fields, btw, the construction lasers in the room you're in can be controlled via the Force to kill the enemies, awesome!) - just pull it out of the wall.

Man, Kazdan Paratus was awesome. And I love the design of the junk droids - the bipedal ones look to have an RA-7 head, astromech droid torso/covering, crab droid arm, protocol droid right leg, and IG-88 left leg (though I could be mistaken) and the beastly thing has a spider droid head and crab droid parts. Too cool! :DI didn't like Raxus Prime as a level, but Kazdan was a fantastic boss battle, loved his insane conversation with the junk council, and the up-close saber battles we had.

I didn't like the Junk Guardians really, they felt very simplistic, very ASP-7, and battling them was boring as hell for me. Plus, I really dislike any villain that materalizes from the floor, such a cheat. Now the Felucian enemies, everything there kicks ***, they crawl in and such, have limited Force powers, it's awesome - I disliked Felucia on Battlefront II but here it's incredibly cool. There's parts where the giant mushrooms totally move when you walk on them, and smaller ones start to die from you touching them with your Sith poisoned body.

One thing I'm currently lamenting is the lack of the cool breakable and dentable things after about halfway through the TIE Fighter facility. I love the DMM glass and wood of the first few levels, but about halfway through TIE Facility they just gave up on it, bummed me out a little. The pre-interactive junk on Raxus Prime is lame by comparison. The pustules on Felucia are the only thing that's really come close since.

The first 2 levels had lots of "WHOA!" moments for me, then Raxus Prime totally let me down - it's just not an interesting level to play, very much on rails and narrow, very little variety in baddies. I stopped about 3/4s through and felt like "oh, this is why they gave it a low score, you do the same thing to the same junk enemies over and over and over, do a little boring platforming, then repeat." But the battle the next day with Kazdan, and the everything on Felucia so far, has been breathtaking. Still, the various combos don't truly add enough dimension to the play, this is not as good as God of War and it really wants to be.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2008, 09:32 PM
I find it odd that you go to only a select few planets, and then go back to them later. The maps are different, so wouldn't it have been more interesting if they had went to more places?

Anyway, it's really cool that Jimmy Smits was in this game. I didn't really like Leia's voice (it's the same actress who plays Padmé in The Clone Wars) but it was cool to have her and R2-D2 in there.

Edit: I just finished this game a few minutes ago. Man, was that awesome. I loved the ending.

x13squadleader
09-19-2008, 11:11 PM
i am old,so bare with me.i have the wii system.when you fight the boss at the end of each area,i am not sure how to kill him.i go through the same cut scene and he gains life back.the nunchuck thing is on the screen and flashing red.or the handle is on screen flashing red.so help an old timer out on how to get by.

TheCivilCollector
09-20-2008, 12:07 AM
i am old,so bare with me.i have the wii system.when you fight the boss at the end of each area,i am not sure how to kill him.i go through the same cut scene and he gains life back.the nunchuck thing is on the screen and flashing red.or the handle is on screen flashing red.so help an old timer out on how to get by.

Them's QUICKTIME EVENTS. Kind of like "Dragon's Lair", you have to do the corresponding button-push or Wiimote waggle to advance the action.

For my money, I was HIGHLY disappointed with Force Unleashed. With the exception of the story (which is considered cannon), there feels like NO reason to play this through. I'm on the third level and it's just the same stuff again and again and again.

It's a shame they couldn't have made it better than Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Outcast. That is, in my opinion, STILL the very best Star Wars game there is. SW: Battlegrounds 2 & Rogue Leader tie for a close second, TIE Fighter third, IMHO.

jamesbondo07
09-20-2008, 08:15 AM
I finished the game last night. It was overall a really good game. It was repetitive and has some terrible camera angles but it has many good aspects about it. I don't think it deserved a 7 but it should be more like a 8. Definitley play it out to the end. The last level and final boss fight are really cool. I hope the tv show has as good of storyline as this game.

jonthejedi
09-21-2008, 04:50 AM
It seems the game has a mind of it's own. I can't seem to play saved games now that I beat FU, it goes back to the prologue & autosaves over my old save level. I guess you can't go back to a certain level like with Battlefront. Also, the multiple endings...who decides which is which; is there a point where the IE selects a random ending. I actually had the same ending on PS2 & Wii.

DarkJedi5
09-22-2008, 03:30 PM
I am having an awful time with this game. I keep getting a glitch that is causing the bonus objectives to read "default text" and won't count holocrons or force points. I have run maintenance and tried deleting all my corrupted games and starting over but it hasn't done any good and I've had to restart the game three times playing up to Imperial Kashyyyk three times and only getting through it once before the glitch appeared. I know others are having this issue (there are two threads on the Lucasarts site) but I haven't heard anything about a fix. I've called tech support and the guy told me he was having the same issue at home with his copy. Anybody with a similar story? The game isn't worth playing like this and it's really disappointing considering the time and money I sank into this.

Dar' Argol
09-22-2008, 07:54 PM
I got something like that on the level right before the Deathstar. I just thought that's the way that level was. . . . I haven't played it since then b/c of other things coming up, but I'll have to check it soon.

preacher
09-23-2008, 05:43 PM
So let me get this straight. Not only is the game short, but it has shoddy camera angles, boring level design and it has bugs in it? People are giving it a seven and its only worth playing because of the story?

Think I'll wait for somebody to post the cutscenes on Youtube and save my $60 bucks for another tank of gasoline.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-23-2008, 05:48 PM
So let me get this straight. Not only is the game short, but it has shoddy camera angles, boring level design and it has bugs in it? People are giving it a seven and its only worth playing because of the story?

Think I'll wait for somebody to post the cutscenes on Youtube and save my $60 bucks for another tank of gasoline.
Cough, cough. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GssQ_kaV8-4)

DarkJedi5
09-23-2008, 06:25 PM

Everything you said and I'm not sure it's worth what I paid, but it is a fun game. And will be better if they can ever get the bugs fixed.

El Chuxter
09-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Out of curiosity, is Kashyyyk the second most popular planet in the galaxy after Tatooine now?

Is there a giant neon sign surrounding it in orbit that says, "Hey, Jedi-in-hiding: Kashyyyk is a great place to raise the kids you're not supposed to have"?

So there are three Jedi Masters stationed there during the final battle of the Clone Wars. One (Luminara) is killed, one (Yoda) escapes to rendezvous with Bail and Obi-Wan, and one (Quinlan) runs off into the woods, where he meets his secret girlfriend and she has a kid, which it seems they're going to raise on Kashyyyk.

Then Vader goes on a mission to subjugate Kashyyyk, and kills a couple more Jedi stragglers there in Dark Lord.

Jump forward just a few years, Vader tracks down a Jedi who has a toddler son... only it's not Quinlan, and he's somehow not noticed either Jedi or either secret kid on any of his bazillion trips to Kashyyyk. And he doesn't seem to find Quinlan this time, either.

I'm not saying any of these stories are weak, but, for God's sake, can someone in LucasFilm's continuity department just step in and say, "Dude, he can't find the kid on Kashyyyk. He apparently goes there weekly, and it seems odd he never would've noticed him before."

Oh, and Shaak Ti decides to become a stripper and train her new padawan in the ways of skimpy EU outfits. I've said before and will again: Can there be an EU female Jedi who wasn't created by Jude Watson and still knows the value of wearing more than a bikini into combat?

DarkJedi5
09-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Oh, and Shaak Ti decides to become a stripper and train her new padawan in the ways of skimpy EU outfits. I've said before and will again: Can there be an EU female Jedi who wasn't created by Jude Watson and still knows the value of wearing more than a bikini into combat?

Maybe it's just really hot and humid? Aayla Secura went to Felucia and that's how she always dresses...?

pbarnard
09-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Out of curiosity, is Kashyyyk the second most popular planet in the galaxy after Tatooine now?

If there's a bright center to the universe, welcome to the place where everyone knows your name...

On Wii just got through Raxus Prime and about to start my Trial of Insight. I do enjoy the game. Not sure what Force Power you unleash once you go through a combo sometimes, but its always fun to watch what damage it does.

JediTricks
09-25-2008, 05:49 PM
I finished the game, and it really is a shame that they couldn't shoehorn about 5 more worlds into this thing, because there is a lot of fun to be had, and some of the level designs are really amazing.

The next-to-final battle was good enough and now we know where we got the figure, but I really hated that final battle with the Emperor, that was some shoddy boss design right there, felt exceptionally lazy.

AmanaMatt
09-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Well I have been sick as a dog, but I finally picked up the game today...overall, you guys seem to be loving it...too bad its short....

I got the PS3 version; when I played both the 360 and PS3 demos, the PS3 one was brighter and easier to see...the 360 version is darker for some reason....not sure why....

I am going into this cold, so when I read the voice cast and saw princess leia listed, I was surprised. I thought this took place not long after EPIII, but my SUP (who beat it already) says she is pretty much Leia from EP IV...!?!?! Interesting

DarkJedi5
09-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Well I have been sick as a dog, but I finally picked up the game today...overall, you guys seem to be loving it...too bad its short....

I got the PS3 version; when I played both the 360 and PS3 demos, the PS3 one was brighter and easier to see...the 360 version is darker for some reason....not sure why....

I am going into this cold, so when I read the voice cast and saw princess leia listed, I was surprised. I thought this took place not long after EPIII, but my SUP (who beat it already) says she is pretty much Leia from EP IV...!?!?! Interesting

I wouldn't know about the PS3 version but the brightness controls weren't hard to adjust. As far as Leia goes, I would say she's about 15, whereas we first see her she's like 17? So it's much closer to ANH than ROTS.

JediTricks
09-25-2008, 09:42 PM
I thought Leia was more like 12-13 in that, and she's 18 in ANH.

One thing I really hate was the long load time for sub menus like lightsaber and Force upgrades. I don't think I've seen that mentioned anywhere but it still bugs the crap out of me.

Oh, and every single level has at least 1 holocron that is unfindable on my first pass, what's up with that?

Still, I can't wait to play it through again with more powers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2008, 09:54 PM
From what I've read, the bulk of this takes place in 2 BBY, meaning Leia is 17 here (she's actually 19 in ANH, as far as I know). This means that the Kashyyyk level takes place in 17 BBY since I'm pretty sure 15 years pass in that little transition.

To me, though, Leia looks younger in the game. Her voice is too off, also . . . maybe it's since I'm connecting that voice with Padmé from the Clone Wars movie; it's not low enough for Leia.

JediTricks
09-25-2008, 10:09 PM
I thought her voice was off for Leia, but her attitude was spot on. Although being all nice to the Wookiees wasn't believable from the person who said "will somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!"

AmanaMatt
09-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Well, started this last night....kicking Wookie butt made me sad....it was a very nice looking level though. Vader is a towering monster in this game which is cool with me.

Ok, I am still on the level where you kill all of the imperials and koda's militia men on the tie fighter maufacturing base....at first, I thought that stormies and these rogue militia dudes were fighting together, but I guess you are interrupting them fighting each other?! That wasn't clear based on the presentation in the level itself. But I know they would not be combining forces...

I stopped at the part where you have the laser machines and the main hulls to the ties....had to sleep....on this level I have found like 5 holocrons only thus far, so I hope I have a ways to go as it says there are 15 to be found!?!

When I got to the part where you fight the At-St in the demo, I was disappointed that it is not in the actual game though I did battle that other one in the large room....

And the long load times for the options menu/upgrades does bug a bit, and the PS3 version makes you download like 2 gigs before you play - that should make it super fast.

And what I said earlier about the Ps3 version being brighter....in the demo of the 360 version, I had to turn the brightness to the top to see really well (the way I like to see it); in the PS3 version, I did not have adjust it as much, and the walls and like seem easier/more clear to see...

I was torn: slightly brighter screen or achievements...

pbarnard
09-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Ok, I am still on the level where you kill all of the imperials and koda's militia men on the tie fighter maufacturing base....at first, I thought that stormies and these rogue militia dudes were fighting together, but I guess you are interrupting them fighting each other?! That wasn't clear based on the presentation in the level itself. But I know they would not be combining forces...

I have the Wii version, but the principle is the same. I believe there are 20 holocrons on most level. Mostly, destroy wall pannels and computers. Sometimes wrecking the room unlocks a holocron. I know by doing that in the Jedi Temple to the statuaries unlocked holocrons, and 2 lightsaber crystals.

AmanaMatt
09-27-2008, 12:51 AM
I have the Wii version, but the principle is the same. I believe there are 20 holocrons on most level. Mostly, destroy wall pannels and computers. Sometimes wrecking the room unlocks a holocron. I know by doing that in the Jedi Temple to the statuaries unlocked holocrons, and 2 lightsaber crystals.

oh. crap...I probably have missed many then - thanks!

DarkJedi5
09-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Well that's not how it works in the 360 version and I'm pretty sure that the PS3 version is more like the 360 than the Wii. For the xbox the 'crons are usually in the open, sometimes require you to move some things around to see them or to get up high but only twice has destroying an item been required to get a holocron.

JetsAndHeels
09-27-2008, 03:16 PM
I finally crashed the star destroyer. It took me about an hour to do it this morning, but I am glad it is done.

AmanaMatt
09-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Well that's not how it works in the 360 version and I'm pretty sure that the PS3 version is more like the 360 than the Wii. For the xbox the 'crons are usually in the open, sometimes require you to move some things around to see them or to get up high but only twice has destroying an item been required to get a holocron.

Ok, thanks!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-28-2008, 07:57 PM
I finally crashed the star destroyer. It took me about an hour to do it this morning, but I am glad it is done.
Wait, you actually did it? In the PS2 one, it's part of a cutscene. Damn.

pbarnard
09-29-2008, 09:48 AM

There are a fair amount in the open, but there are always 1 or 2 per level that are hidden like that. I'm always upset that I just uncover or find one, and I than the level boss shows up basically preventing me from retreating one room/area to get that last holocron. I found 4 while fighting a Rancor in Felucia by uprooting the trees in that area.

I did finish the light side Wii version Saturday. Most annoying thing about the Death Star is trying to grab a TIE fighter, hold it just right so another crashed into it blowing up a tractor beam generator. And I really hate Incinerator Troopers. I REALLY HATE INCERATOR TROOPERS.

JetsAndHeels
09-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Wait, you actually did it? In the PS2 one, it's part of a cutscene. Damn.

Yeah, you actually have to do it on the 360 version. It took me a while, but I got it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah, you actually have to do it on the 360 version. It took me a while, but I got it.
Sweet! That would have been awesome.

AmanaMatt
09-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Ok, finished the first two levels and found 14/15 holocrons each times - I especially like the bonus clothes and lightsaber parts you find each time too....

Started the mushroom looking level, but went to bed....my body is still tired from that crazy flu bug I had last week...something is going around!

NerfTW
09-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Sweet! That would have been awesome.

No, in my opinion it was pretty terrible. You're basically standing there shifting it back and forth so it lands "softly" and not nose down, while TIE fighters do flybys. Although my inability to grab them most of the time might be my controller, since a few other buttons have been acting wonky lately.

JediTricks
09-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Just added an article that PS3 and Xbox 360 users will be able to buy new content for the game, including 4 new character skins and an all-new level!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=20&p2_articleid=1688

I normally don't post press releases, I let Steve do that, but when I saw this one, I was jazzed enough that I had to share immediately. New LEVEL!!!

Ok, I am still on the level where you kill all of the imperials and koda's militia men on the tie fighter maufacturing base....at first, I thought that stormies and these rogue militia dudes were fighting together, but I guess you are interrupting them fighting each other?! That wasn't clear based on the presentation in the level itself. But I know they would not be combining forces...If you slow down and don't get in their field of vision too much, they will keep fighting each other, it's pretty cool actually, but you don't get points or health when they kill each other.

When I got to the part where you fight the At-St in the demo, I was disappointed that it is not in the actual game though I did battle that other one in the large room....There are several in the game, but it didn't make sense to me that an AT-ST would be a boss right there, it's a bad environment for them, made no sense.

And the long load times for the options menu/upgrades does bug a bit, and the PS3 version makes you download like 2 gigs before you play - that should make it super fast.You mean "install 2 gigs", right? And I totally agree, you have me dump in that much program, those menus should be instant.

I have the Wii version, but the principle is the same. I believe there are 20 holocrons on most level. Mostly, destroy wall pannels and computers. Sometimes wrecking the room unlocks a holocron. I know by doing that in the Jedi Temple to the statuaries unlocked holocrons, and 2 lightsaber crystals.100% different from the main version of the game on PS3 and 360. The Holocrons you just have to search for, some aren't even hidden. And there's never more than 15 per level, most levels have 15, a couple smaller levels have 5.

Well that's not how it works in the 360 version and I'm pretty sure that the PS3 version is more like the 360 than the Wii. For the xbox the 'crons are usually in the open, sometimes require you to move some things around to see them or to get up high but only twice has destroying an item been required to get a holocron.Wii is the PS2 version with some tweaks, they're ports from a 3rd party named Krome. PS3 and 360 are the main game developed in-house at Lucasarts. And I wish I had read your post so I wouldn't waste my time typing what I just did. :p

I finally crashed the star destroyer. It took me about an hour to do it this morning, but I am glad it is done.What was the holdup, was it that you spent a lot of time fighting the TIEs? I had trouble there at first, but eventually got the rhythm of hiding behind stuff then jumping out and lightning-ing them.

Wait, you actually did it? In the PS2 one, it's part of a cutscene. Damn.Yeah, in the PS3 game you have to really work to pull it down, and every 30 seconds it sends out a wave of TIEs to stop you, it's crazy! Then you have to re-align it and PULLLLLLLL it through the atmosphere, it's a beast.

Ok, finished the first two levels and found 14/15 holocrons each times - I especially like the bonus clothes and lightsaber parts you find each time too....I had the same thing, 14/15 per level, then I went back after finishing the game (you just play it again, it's not a menu choice per level) and they were in the levels the whole time, I just missed 1 each - the Raxus Prime one was especially frustrating because it's essentially right there before the end, but you have to fork straight instead of right.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-30-2008, 03:49 PM
What's the big deal with the downloads? They already have the Jedi Temple on PS2, and I've already unlocked "costumes" of Obi-Wan and Luke among many other characters (no Kit or Ki-Adi yet, though). It doesn't seem that interesting.

JediTricks
09-30-2008, 04:24 PM
None of that is on the PS3/360.

JetsAndHeels
09-30-2008, 04:29 PM
The hold up was that I had a hard time positioning the analog sticks in the way that the game was telling me to. Plus I had to stop and fight off those TIE fighters.

AmanaMatt
10-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Ok, question to anyone that has heard or has the PS3 version:

I just started the imperial Kyshakkyyykkk (or whatever its spelled) and I am noticing that in the menu option, its not counting my jedi points or when I collect Holocrons....the text section even say 'text'

I turned the system off then on, but its still doing it....considering there have been no issues this far in, it is a concern.

Anyone have this happen to them?

Thanks

DarkJedi5
10-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Ok, question to anyone that has heard or has the PS3 version:

I just started the imperial Kyshakkyyykkk (or whatever its spelled) and I am noticing that in the menu option, its not counting my jedi points or when I collect Holocrons....the text section even say 'text'

I turned the system off then on, but its still doing it....considering there have been no issues this far in, it is a concern.

Anyone have this happen to them?

Thanks

I am having an awful time with this game. I keep getting a glitch that is causing the bonus objectives to read "default text" and won't count holocrons or force points. I have run maintenance and tried deleting all my corrupted games and starting over but it hasn't done any good and I've had to restart the game three times playing up to Imperial Kashyyyk three times and only getting through it once before the glitch appeared. I know others are having this issue (there are two threads on the Lucasarts site) but I haven't heard anything about a fix. I've called tech support and the guy told me he was having the same issue at home with his copy. Anybody with a similar story? The game isn't worth playing like this and it's really disappointing considering the time and money I sank into this.

It's a problem that to the best of my knowledge still hasn't been fixed. I check the Lucasarts site every few days abut there doesn't seem to be any news of a patch yet. I have had to quit playing the game outright until there's a solution because I was at wit's end.

AmanaMatt
10-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks, Dark Jedi.... and considering this is level 7 or so, it caught me off guard when I first say it....! I am playing Silent Hill Homecoming right now, so hopefully by the time I am done with that, they will have a patch.

Right now...I would say Force Unleashed is the most fun I have had with a game in some time.

Thanks Jt for the news on the DLC; and you are right, I meant to say 'install 2 gigs'!

pbarnard
10-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Again, this is true on the Wii version, but anyone notice that if you go through the holocron viewer it sometimes gives you a code to enter in? True on other versions?

And another wii difference, it uses a more traditional saber grip than the backhanded one one shown on the ps3/360.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Again, this is true on the Wii version, but anyone notice that if you go through the holocron viewer it sometimes gives you a code to enter in? True on other versions?

And another wii difference, it uses a more traditional saber grip than the backhanded one one shown on the ps3/360.
Yeah, the PS2 holocron viewer has the same thing. Same for the saber. That, to me, seems like an odd thing to change between platforms, since he even holds it behind him in the PS2 cutscenes.

JediTricks
10-08-2008, 02:17 AM
Hmm, haven't seen that issue in the PS3 version yet, have to look for it next time I'm on that level.

plasticfetish
10-14-2008, 02:39 AM
All right you vidiots!!!

I've been avoiding the chatter in here, because we haven't opened the game up yet, but my kid gets this for his birthday tomorrow. (Yes, I know... I'm a great dad. ;))

Can't wait to motor through this thing over the next week or so.

JediTricks
10-16-2008, 01:55 AM
Well??? :p This game is still on my mind weeks after playing it through, I feel like I did when I played Shadows of the Empire, that there's plenty that feels like it's gonna stick with Star Wars.

DarkJedi5
10-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Well I got the game the day it came out but I haven't finished it yet cause of the glitches. Still waiting for a patch... thanks LucasArts....

NerfTW
10-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Well I got the game the day it came out but I haven't finished it yet cause of the glitches. Still waiting for a patch... thanks LucasArts....

Depending on which version you have, I don't know about PS3's policy on updates, but Xbox360's is pretty strict. They need to fix EVERY bug before they can submit it. And then it has to be checked by Microsoft's testers.

While on the plus side this does prevent obnoxious repetitive patch updates, it does extend the process quite a bit. It can take months.

Although that is specifically for XboxLive. I'm not sure if it applies completely to regular games.

DarkJedi5
10-16-2008, 06:42 PM
And I would have the Xbox version. I have a feeling that you're right and they're working on it but it's gonna take forever. I just don't know why quality control wasn't this strict the first time....

plasticfetish
10-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Well??? :p This game is still on my mind weeks after playing it through, I feel like I did when I played Shadows of the Empire, that there's plenty that feels like it's gonna stick with Star Wars.Well... the kid finished playing through it for the first time today (while I took a nap after work.) He loves the game, so now I'll have to wait and see if he'll be playing through it again before I get a chance. (I think I'll end playing it late tonight after he's gone to bed. ;))

Watching him play has been fun actually. Nice to have a break from Halo 3, Dead Rising, and the other games that we've been playing on the 360. Nice to play a Star Wars game again.

I'll need to decide if we'll pick the game up for Wii now. Probably wait 'til it goes on sale.

edit: Oh! Now I really regret no buying that Rancor set that Hasbro put out a while ago.

DarkArtist
10-17-2008, 08:48 AM
i've beat the PSP version about 3 times now and continue to love playing the game. i'm now trying to find all the holocrons throughout the game as well as crystals and such as well as build up all my force powers etc.

i'm on the level after you defeat Rahm Kota on the Wii....my brother in law bought me the Wii lightsaber remote so i haven't had a chance to try it out yet but will let you know.

AmanaMatt
10-17-2008, 10:47 AM
My sup hooked me up on his Stormie Commander figure - didnt want anything for it, but that was nice of him!

JediTricks
10-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Well... the kid finished playing through it for the first time today (while I took a nap after work.) He loves the game, so now I'll have to wait and see if he'll be playing through it again before I get a chance. (I think I'll end playing it late tonight after he's gone to bed. ;))

Watching him play has been fun actually. Nice to have a break from Halo 3, Dead Rising, and the other games that we've been playing on the 360. Nice to play a Star Wars game again.

I'll need to decide if we'll pick the game up for Wii now. Probably wait 'til it goes on sale.

edit: Oh! Now I really regret no buying that Rancor set that Hasbro put out a while ago.That's cool, glad you guys are enjoying it.

I felt the same way about that Rancor set when I got to the Felucia level!

AmanaMatt
10-18-2008, 05:17 PM
When that Rancor hits in ROTJ deco, he is mine....

I put Force Unleashed to play Silent hill Homecoming (nice and scary), then I got wrapped up in Gears of War again (I love that game), but I will be finishing Unleashed soon - I was waiting for a patch to fix the points issue, but I am growing impatient....

Force Unleashed has been a very fun game!

figrin bran
01-07-2009, 12:04 AM
I just started playing this on the 360 (just got it very recently) and am enjoying it quite a lot.

JediTricks
01-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Glad you're digging it too.

I just put $10 in my PS3 store wallet so I could buy the expansion level. I haven't played in a while, so this should be... interesting. I've been putting off using the PS3 until I can put the new harddrive in, but that's on delay until next week. :ermm:

El Chuxter
06-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a listing or map of all the holocron, hilt, crystal, etc, locations for the Wii version? I can find tons of info online, but only for the PS3/XBox 360 version. I'm on my third go through, and am still missing at least one health increase, one lightsaber hilt, a few saber crystals, and about 20 holocrons.

DarkArtist
06-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a listing or map of all the holocron, hilt, crystal, etc, locations for the Wii version? I can find tons of info online, but only for the PS3/XBox 360 version. I'm on my third go through, and am still missing at least one health increase, one lightsaber hilt, a few saber crystals, and about 20 holocrons.

I picked up the guide for PS3 and it comes with the Wii version as well as the X-Box versions...

can't wait till the fall....TFU II steel box will be mine. that set looks awesome. :thumbsup: the website is currently up and shows a few clips from both TFU and the upcoming TFU II. looks like Vader takes Starkiller to Kamino to be rebuilt / reborn

DarkJedi5
06-10-2010, 10:17 AM
My guess is cloned. Kamino is the place we know to go for cloning. Also, the clips on the site say things about memory imprinting. I guess you could imprint a memory on some one who already had it but isn't that really just memory remembering? If they clone Starkiller it will be lame but their attempt to make this all canon level 2 or what ever is so lame that I don't care, it's just a fun game.

DarkArtist
06-14-2010, 09:33 PM
GalacticHunter has a link to the new trailer for TFU II and it looks sick..... definately gotta check it out... cannot wait for 10/26/2010...... OMG this game looks amazing.

Darth Metalmute
06-15-2010, 08:00 AM

Here is the site I go to for video game help:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/939633-star-wars-the-force-unleashed/faqs

It looks like the faq has what you want, but you have to go through it step by step. No seperate listing.

Darth Metalmute
06-15-2010, 08:04 AM
My guess is cloned. Kamino is the place we know to go for cloning. Also, the clips on the site say things about memory imprinting. I guess you could imprint a memory on some one who already had it but isn't that really just memory remembering? If they clone Starkiller it will be lame but their attempt to make this all canon level 2 or what ever is so lame that I don't care, it's just a fun game.

He is cloned at Kamino. From the sounds of it, he is driven mad from memories that are not complete.

At least cloning is a better answer than he somehow survived TFU 1. However, I thought they closed Kamino down.

DarkArtist
06-18-2010, 02:47 PM
He is cloned at Kamino. From the sounds of it, he is driven mad from memories that are not complete.

At least cloning is a better answer than he somehow survived TFU 1. However, I thought they closed Kamino down.

I not sure how they will show us how he comes to be in at Kamino....looks like Vader takes his dying body to Kamino and revives him somehow in the attempt of making the ultimate Super Sith Warrior and while recoving in the bacta tank Starkiller begins to remember how Vader betrayed him.....

The trailer up on GH is one to watch kinda shows how the game is going to work...also Star Wars Insider has an interview with the creator of TFU as well as actor who plays Starkiller.....

can't wait till 10/26/10.... this will defiantely be on my birthday wish list.

Darth Metalmute
06-18-2010, 03:01 PM
I not sure how they will show us how he comes to be in at Kamino....looks like Vader takes his dying body to Kamino and revives him somehow in the attempt of making the ultimate Super Sith Warrior and while recoving in the bacta tank Starkiller begins to remember how Vader betrayed him.....

The trailer up on GH is one to watch kinda shows how the game is going to work...also Star Wars Insider has an interview with the creator of TFU as well as actor who plays Starkiller.....

can't wait till 10/26/10.... this will defiantely be on my birthday wish list.

<<Possible spoilers>>

<< What I read is the playable character is the clone. Vader takes his corpse to Kamino and clones him multiple times. All the previous clones end up going insane. But this clone somehow has cryptic memories from the dead host Starkiller. Also, I read that Yoda appears in the game, which to me is a very bad idea. >>

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Trying to beat older games before newer ones and came across TFU on the 360 last weekend, just finished it a bit ago and overall, really enjoyed it. The force powers were fun and I loved tossing stormtroopers aside and even throwing Vader on his arse too. I chose the "Jedi" ending, which i really liked as it's "canon" and it works. Plus, I felt the "sith" ending was a bit unnatural considering the story arch of Starkiller.

I will say that the angles in the game were a bit brutal at times; I can't even count how many times they got me in trouble on the death star when Vader is tossing stuff at me. That part took me FOREVER and oddly enough, I only need a few tries to beat the Emperor.

The star destroyer scene was confusing at first, but once I figured out the control scheme, I loved it. I will say that some of the jedi fights were pretty rough, again thanks to the angles, but they were still fun.

Overall, great game. I'll wait until TFU2 goes on markdown/greatest hits in a few months to pick it up.