PDA

View Full Version : Why does C-3PO not remember who Princess Leia is?

Battle Droid
09-18-2007, 07:00 PM
He knows about her because on the Tantive IV he says there'll be no escape for the Princess this time, but when he see's her hologram it's like he has no clue who she is, just someone of some importance.

El Chuxter
09-18-2007, 07:04 PM
He's supposed to have been commanded by Captain Antilles to disavow any knowledge of her. That's why he seems kinda flighty about it. It's not explained in the movie, but is in the radio drama and (I believe) the novelization.

JimJamBonds
09-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Fire up episode III for your answer.

Rocketboy
09-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Fire up episode III for your answer.So, you mean that in the 19 years between movies Threepio never sees Leia once?

stillakid
09-19-2007, 08:16 AM
So, you mean that in the 19 years between movies Threepio never sees Leia once?

What he's saying is that because EPIII is so incomprehensible, that logic doesn't apply so there isn't really any answer to the questions.

Mando3lite
09-20-2007, 02:32 AM
yah i noticed this too, but maybe the prince is just someone he has never met, like in the medieval times, a peasant say, would never see the princess but he knew of her

something like that i think

Darth Notafinga
09-23-2007, 10:04 AM
yah i noticed this too, but maybe the prince is just someone he has never met, like in the medieval times, a peasant say, would never see the princess but he knew of her

something like that i think

that's what i always thought. He just didn't put 2 & 2 together.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Notafinga, now that's a name I've not heard in a long time, a long time. And congrats on the "Darth" title.

I wonder if the EU will say that Threepio's EIII mindwipe had a failsafe, where if he was ever asked about Leia, he would be "programmed" to deny his knowledge, but that he could speak of her on his own without trouble.

El Chuxter
09-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Chux, Bel-Cam, and now Notafinga (who's gained a Darth title and a capital 'N')....

From the looks of things, I'd say C-3PO would've remembered if he'd only collected those blasted cards.

bigbarada
09-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Threepio was written as a slick "used car salesman" in the script, but didn't take on the "effeminate English butler" persona until Anthony Daniels started goofing around on set.

He was portrayed a little more intelligent and canny in ANH, but seemed to be dumbed down quite a bit in the next five films.

So, I think he was just feigning ignorance of Princess Leia to keep from arousing suspicion.

2-1B
09-23-2007, 05:33 PM
I don't think he knew who she was, he knew OF her, just didn't recognize her.

He should've recognized her though, because she's a politician and someone of visibility. C-3PO sucks anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Chux, Bel-Cam, and now Notafinga (who's gained a Darth title and a capital 'N')....

From the looks of things, I'd say C-3PO would've remembered if he'd only collected those blasted cards.

Threepio was written as a slick "used car salesman" in the script, but didn't take on the "effeminate English butler" persona until Anthony Daniels started goofing around on set.

He was portrayed a little more intelligent and canny in ANH, but seemed to be dumbed down quite a bit in the next five films.

So, I think he was just feigning ignorance of Princess Leia to keep from arousing suspicion.Are you referring to the infamous SW Topps card #207, guys? :rolleyes:

Darth Notafinga
09-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Notafinga, now that's a name I've not heard in a long time, a long time. And congrats on the "Darth" title.

thanks, Bel Cam. When i left you i was but a learner...

truthfully i couldn't remember my password so i had to re-register.

it was quicker. easier. more seductive.

bobafrett
09-24-2007, 10:36 PM
that's what i always thought. He just didn't put 2 & 2 together.

He couldn't put R & 2 together either! Ahhhh late night humor.