PDA

View Full Version : Wave 6 hitting stores

Battle Droid
09-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Just do a search for the figures, not hard to find at all!:thumbsup:

Edit: The Concept Snowtrooper sold out.

General_Grievous
09-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Battle Droid. Ordered a Smuggler Lando, Torture Rack Han and 4-LOM for myself.

El Chuxter
09-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Man, four months with nothing, and now they're churning 'em out like nobody's business!

figrin bran
09-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks Battle Droid, I just got 4-LOM, Lando, Han and General McQuarrie

MASTERKESSLER
09-19-2007, 11:36 AM
I Just Got Han, Lando And Ralph. Each 6.99 Plus Shipping Which Is Not Bad.

It Was 4.50 With Shipping.

Thanks For Letting Us Know.

El Chuxter
09-19-2007, 11:40 AM
I placed an order for a few, then saw after the order processed that the ship date wasn't until late next week. Fat chance they'll be there then, and to cancel one or two would result in their hefty shipping charges. I cancelled the order. If I find 'em, I find 'em.

Blue2th
09-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks Battle Droid. I ordered 4-Lom, McQuarrie Rebel, Han Torture, Lando Smuggler. Four figures is right over $25.00 which qualifies for Super-Saver free shipping. Sweet!

Battle Droid
09-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Here's some links if anyone needs them.

Lando

http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Figure-Lando-Smuggler-Outfit/dp/B000M6B41Q/ref=sr_1_2/002-8540874-0773630?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1190219091&sr=1-2]Smuggler

Han

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Basic-Figure-Torture/dp/B000M69K3A/ref=sr_1_1/002-8540874-0773630?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1190219311&sr=1-1]Torture

4-LOM

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Basic-Figure-4-LOM/dp/B000M69K44/ref=sr_1_3/002-8540874-0773630?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1190219355&sr=1-3]4-LOM

General McQuarrie

http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Figure-Rebel-Trooper-McQuarrie/dp/B000M6CYLU/ref=sr_1_17/002-8540874-0773630?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1190219395&sr=1-17]GeneralMcQuarrie

Battle Droid
09-19-2007, 12:38 PM
4-LOM and the General are sold out, 2 Lando's left.

mtriv73
09-19-2007, 01:09 PM
I hate amazon now. Since they started letting everyone and their brother sell things on their site it's become really hard to navigate and find exactly what you want.

I wonder where all the McQuarrie snowtroopers that should have been in this wave are?

El Chuxter
09-19-2007, 02:19 PM
If you chose super-saver shipping, you may not get these. They won't ship for about a week, and amazon.com is notorious for not actually fulfilling orders until just before they ship. Meaning you can order something that's in stock, it will be scheduled to ship a week later, and, if it sells out during that time, you may get it very late or not at all.

JediTricks
09-19-2007, 04:17 PM
I placed an order for a few, then saw after the order processed that the ship date wasn't until late next week. Fat chance they'll be there then, and to cancel one or two would result in their hefty shipping charges. I cancelled the order. If I find 'em, I find 'em.Hmm, my order date says it's going to ship tomorrow. I didn't do super-saver though as I didn't order enough to make it work, but $4.67 for shipping is a damn good price compared to the gas and sales tax I'd pay getting them at the store.

4-LOM and the General are sold out, 2 Lando's left.4-LOM came back in stock (Amazon.com stock, not some marketplace stock) so I was able to order it.

Battle Droid
09-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Here's the link for the Concept Snowtrooper if it ever comes back in stock,

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Basic-Figure-McQuarrie-Snowtrooper/dp/B000M6CYLA/ref=pd_ybh_5/002-8540874-0773630?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=19D19WJ0VNF9XNEEXJKV&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_i=ybh

Kidhuman
09-19-2007, 04:29 PM
I ordered this wave except the McQuarries as they are gon.

Chux, I ordered wave 4 two weeks ago and got them all. I used free shipping as I ordered the kid a figure also,

El Chuxter
09-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Ah well. I've not ordered toys from them before, but apparently they deal with them differently than with books and other items. Win some, lose some. Like I said, if I find 'em, great, if not, great.

Kidhuman
09-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Well, Pjarl McQuarrie was in stock for a brief moment and I ordered him. McSnowy hasnt been back yet

TheRealDubya
09-19-2007, 06:03 PM
It's funny: hunting online has almost become the new brick & mortar hunting. I would say I peruse online stores in the same way I used to drive to physical ones. Loading a new page ain't quite as fun as turning an aisle corner and seeing a full peg, but hey...

Amazon actually seems to have some pretty decent finds in general; I did a "Star Wars Basic Figure" search under Toys & Games and it returned THESE (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1/002-5960487-2538423?ie=UTF8&rs=165793011&keywords=Star%20Wars%20Basic%20Figure%20&rh=n%3A165793011%2Ck%3AStar%20Wars%20Basic%20Figur e%20&page=1) results. Not bad. Some good finds there.

In theory, Amazon has the chance to be like a non-auction (i.e. non scalper) version of Ebay; especially in regards to shipping.

Blue2th
09-19-2007, 06:28 PM
If you chose super-saver shipping, you may not get these. They won't ship for about a week, and amazon.com is notorious for not actually fulfilling orders until just before they ship. Meaning you can order something that's in stock, it will be scheduled to ship a week later, and, if it sells out during that time, you may get it very late or not at all.

I'll remember that next time. Thanx for letting me/us know Chux.

MASTERKESSLER
09-20-2007, 01:32 PM
RIGHT NOW THEY HAVE LANDO BACK IN AND ONLY FOUR LEFT!
http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Figure-Lando-Smuggler-Outfit/dp/B000M6B41Q/ref=sr_1_1/103-9614178-2603018?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1190312497&sr=1-1

Adam
09-20-2007, 07:33 PM
I don't think Lando actually went out of stock.

General_Grievous
09-23-2007, 01:24 AM
So I got my package from amazon earlier this afternoon. Very quick shipping, not bad at all.

El Chuxter
09-23-2007, 10:53 AM
I'd say I wish I hadn't cancelled mine. But I saw pictures of the figures, and I'm not as excited anymore.

General_Grievous
09-23-2007, 12:41 PM
You're not really missing much at all, Chux. Out of all the TAC waves, this one is the weakest. It's not that the figures are terrible. It's just that after great stuff like CZ-4 and Hermi Odle, these are kind of "meh". However, it is a nice feeling to be caught up until Wave 7, which I'm sure is at least a month away (maybe a month and a half). Hasbro can't keep cranking them out consistently week after week.

El Chuxter
09-28-2007, 11:44 AM
This (http://tinyurl.com/25bsqp) kinda makes you wonder about amazon.com.

Yes, it is direct from amazon. It doesn't say on the main page for some reason, but it's eligible for super-saver shipping. I just want to know where the hell they got a list price of $17.95, and why their "discounted" price is still double retail.

Blue2th
09-28-2007, 01:38 PM
I think that Amazon is still associated with alot of secondary market sellers, hence the mark-up. I know when TRU was with Amazon they had alot of SW stuff for sale from Brian's Toys. They may still be affiliated, or Brian's stayed with Amazon, I'm not sure.

Anyways got a notice that my order shipped, so I'm happy. Let's see what kinda condition the cards are in. I only ordered one of each, in case one or more has to be opened. Which is usually the case with the shipping monkeys.

El Chuxter
09-28-2007, 01:51 PM
If it were being sold by a third-party, though, it would say so in the "Shipped by" field, even if it were Brian's Toys. It also wouldn't qualify for free shipping.

JediTricks
09-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah, that's a very weird one. Kinda shady, it is from Amazon directly, you can see it in the Marketplace link on that page. I don't like buying toys from Amazon in general, they have weirdness about their behavior.

AmanaMatt
10-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Gotta love it - my Wave 6 figs from Amazon were sitting on my front porch for over a day before I realized they were even delivered! Here a pic with my new and old 4 Lom - the others illustrate scale

Thunderbird
10-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I just found this wave a Wal Mart this morning. I was told they received 25+ cases, mostly wave 4, but a few of wave six. Not the best wave but at least I'm up to date and I just started the third page of the coin album for the basic 60:thumbsup:.

I also managed to pick up 9 more UGHs I now have 9 carded and 6 loose:D. I'm kinda hoping by the end of the week I'll have a loose and carded set.

Old Fossil
10-01-2007, 07:55 PM
I just found this wave a Wal Mart this morning. I was told they received 25+ cases, mostly wave 4, but a few of wave six. Not the best wave but at least I'm up to date and I just started the third page of the coin album for the basic 60:thumbsup:.

I also managed to pick up 9 more UGHs I now have 9 carded and 6 loose:D. I'm kinda hoping by the end of the week I'll have a loose and carded set.

Awesome find!!! Glad to hear Wave 4 is shipping in decent numbers now. Can't wait to get my hands on 4-LOM and Lando!

stillakid
10-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Yeah, that's a very weird one. Kinda shady, it is from Amazon directly, you can see it in the Marketplace link on that page. I don't like buying toys from Amazon in general, they have weirdness about their behavior.

Yeah, and Amazon keeps looking at me with that one whacked eye that goes off to the left. It creeps me out. :sad:

DarkArtist
10-03-2007, 06:04 PM
found some of wave 6 today at a walmart. all they had was one of Han, one Lando, and 3 of 4-lom

Kidhuman
10-03-2007, 07:36 PM
I edited the thread title because it just int about Amazon anymore

Luuuuuuke
10-03-2007, 10:20 PM
I got two McSnowtroopers last night at Wal-Mart. I'm not interested in the other figures.

Of course, to get them I had to go through an opened box on a pallet. I ended up angering a tough looking woman stocking stuff. She took the stuff I was hanging on a peg and put it back in the box. But I got to keep the McSnowies.

I still have not found there Hero Starkiller figure or most of wave 5.

jamesbondo07
10-04-2007, 12:20 AM
I found this wave today at Wal-Mart. I really like the snowtrooper. 4-Lom and the General Mcquarrie are good figures. The Lando and Han Solo are not very good figures. The heads on both of these figures just stick way to far up from their necks. Lando's head seems a little oversized for the body.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-04-2007, 03:22 PM
I got the entire wave last night along with what I still needed from wave 4 and a few of Legends wave 3. I won't be opening them for several weeks, though, as I don't have enough money for them right now and they'll have to wait until my birthday. :D

Ji'dai
10-04-2007, 05:19 PM
I envy that installment plan you have, JJL!

I found the entire wave at WM yesterday as well, along with CZ-4. The Snowtrooper is by far the best of the bunch. Still need to find Starkiller and I'll be caught up.

I think I've purchased more SW figures in the last month or so just from waves 4, 5, & 6 than I have all year. I'll probably get most of Wave 7 too. Looking forward to giving my wallet a rest with wave 8.

Thunderbird
10-04-2007, 09:21 PM
I envy that installment plan you have, JJL!

I found the entire wave at WM yesterday as well, along with CZ-4. The Snowtrooper is by far the best of the bunch. Still need to find Starkiller and I'll be caught up.

I think I've purchased more SW figures in the last month or so just from waves 4, 5, & 6 than I have all year. I'll probably get most of Wave 7 too. Looking forward to giving my wallet a rest with wave 8.

I know how you feel. This week alone has been a killer.
Sun= 6 figures
Mon.=28 figures
Tues. only 3 figures
Wen= 10figures.

I just need 3 more UGHs and I'll be caught up.

MASTERKESSLER
10-05-2007, 01:41 AM
Just picked up 2 McQuarrie Snowtroopers at Wal-Mart. I did not need the rest because I ordered them from Amazon. I also picked up all of wave 5.

wombat
10-05-2007, 08:41 AM
I found all this morning except the concept snowtrooper

Tycho
10-06-2007, 02:58 AM
Gotta love it - my Wave 6 figs from Amazon were sitting on my front porch for over a day before I realized they were even delivered! Here a pic with my new and old 4 Lom - the others illustrate scale

AmanaMatt, is that a giant MOUSE DROID behind your 4-LOMs and 3POs?

Is it? :love:

Where do you live? :crazed:

In other news, General McQuarrie, 4-LOM, Han Torture, Lando Smuggler were all brand new, but haven't sold out at my Wal-Mart and it's on to the 2nd night.

In addition, there are some Umpass-Stays, Elis Helrots, Myooms, and Luke Jedis on the pegs that have remained there.

I have a friend that stocks and he said they didn't have enough room to put all the figures out, even with the endcap he made (5 rows of 4 figure columns), so some of the cases (wave 6 probably) were moved into a storage trailer.

The problem is, other store merchandise goes into the trailer and could block access to the SW figure cases for months (this happened with the Selucami Speederbike Packs). Thus the inventory will show figures in stock, but they will not be accessable to customers or even employees. When they get brought out, the cases might be out of date, and wave 7 or 8 might be shipping (to Target or TRU for example), thus changing which store becomes the place to get the latest figures.

I got CZ-4 btw. Flimsy, rubbery figure. He's very articulated, but nothing to write home about. Eventually, he might be a seriuos pegwarmer. He's just hot right now because they didn't pack him in the wave 4 case when they started the gold coins.

pdimarco
10-06-2007, 10:57 AM
I have been watching all the posts on the new waves but here in Florida I haven't seen any. Anyone in FL seeing any of the new waves?

Blue2th
10-06-2007, 11:53 AM
I got CZ-4 btw. Flimsy, rubbery figure. He's very articulated, but nothing to write home about. Eventually, he might be a seriuos pegwarmer. He's just hot right now because they didn't pack him in the wave 4 case when they started the gold coins.

Plus if you move any of his limbs to pose him, you see all the areas that didn't get paint. It's like his underwear is showing.
I'm already seeing this one along with Han Torture and Ellis Helrot starting to warm the pegs.

LTBasker
10-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Found the wave today at Wal-Mart, though I'm not quite happy about it. I've only the Cantina aliens and the drummer for wave 4, wave 5 hasn't shown up, and wave 3 was barely here (the Jawa may as well be a McQuarrie figure, it's as scarce as them around here).

Though, at least I was able to grab a McQuarrie Snowtrooper, haven't seen any UGH though. Of the wave, I only saw Lando, McQ Snowtrooper, Gen. McQuarrie, Han and 4-Lom.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Of the wave, I only saw Lando, McQ Snowtrooper, Gen. McQuarrie, Han and 4-Lom.
Isn't that the whole wave?

LTBasker
10-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Is it? I thought a couple of others like CZ-4 were in it?

Thunderbird
10-06-2007, 11:07 PM
If you are finding wave 6 at Wal Mart, keep checking. All the ones I go to have been getting large shippments of SW figures. All the cases I've seen are for Wave 4,5 & 6, and at least 3 different Legens waves. The few that I go to have a Pallet full of mostly SW figs, and have been putting out a few cases a day.

AmanaMatt
10-07-2007, 11:14 AM
AmanaMatt, is that a giant MOUSE DROID behind your 4-LOMs and 3POs?

Is it? :love:

Where do you live? :crazed:

Hey Tycho, it sure is - part of the exclusive Sideshow Vader premium format statue....
I lived in Los Angeles until three years ago - now, I am in North Dallas!

Finally scored the Concept Snowtrooper - here are two of my absolutely fav figs from this year!

Luuuuuuke
10-07-2007, 11:17 AM
If you are finding wave 6 at Wal Mart, keep checking. All the ones I go to have been getting large shippments of SW figures. All the cases I've seen are for Wave 4,5 & 6, and at least 3 different Legens waves. The few that I go to have a Pallet full of mostly SW figs, and have been putting out a few cases a day.

I think you are right. I know of one Wal-Mart that got quite a bit of wave 6, but to my knowledge have not put any of it out. Well, except for the two McSnowtroopers I got from a a box.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Is it? I thought a couple of others like CZ-4 were in it?
Nope, CZ-4 was in wave 4. Waves 4, 5, and 6 are all shipping simulteneously so that's likely where the confusion came from.

TheRealDubya
10-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Finally scored the Concept Snowtrooper - here are two of my absolutely fav figs from this year!

I received my Wave 6 this weekend from Brian's Toys (already customized the Han into a true Han Bespin) and MAN I love the Concept Snowtrooper. Might be my favorite of the year. The rifle alone is awesome. This is the one McQuarrie I might need more then two of.

Was also up in British Columbia this weekend and scored two UGHs -- a McChewie and an Airborne Clone. They come on the "generic" Canadian backer card, but I kind of like the look. Found them way out in the boonies of West Van at a Pharmasave.

Old Fossil
10-08-2007, 09:46 PM
I found Wave 6 at Wal-Mart in Hattiesburg, MS, this afternoon. Passed on Han & Pharl. LOVE Lando & 4-LOM. Picked up a McSnowie, too, to add to my carded Concept figure collection.

I suggest to anyone who's on the fence about buying 4-LOM to just do it already. It's a great resculpt, a necessary one. The detail and articulation are well above what's needed for this obscure bounty hunter, pretty much on par with the Saga Dengar.

AmanaMatt
10-08-2007, 11:04 PM
I agree with that about 4 lom - I tried to custom the arms on mine with an extra R3P0, but I screwed it up. Still, it is a real nice fig overall!

TheRealDubya
10-09-2007, 10:42 AM
I was just thinking...the Pharl McQuarrie might make a pretty good standard Hoth Rebel buck. I wonder if the Rebel Honor Guard head would fit on it? Might have to try it tonight.

Ji'dai
10-09-2007, 11:07 AM
I returned the 4-LOM I bought. I usually avoid resculpts these days (and this one really is unnecessary) but I bought one while experiencing a rush after finding wave six.

I noticed that my Torture Rack Han has white unpainted hips so I'm holding off opening that one. Hopefully Hasbro will put out a corrected repaint.

Not completely happy with the upturned eyes on my Lando but the McQuarrie likeness is pretty decent.

The McSnowtrooper is excellent.

AmanaMatt
10-09-2007, 11:40 PM
I returned the 4-LOM I bought...(and this one really is unnecessary.

Damn. And here I feel a SA resculpt of a ten year old POTF2 figure is pretty much Badass!

tagmac
10-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Found Wave 6 along with Wave 5 at WM last week. I had actually found just some of wave 5, and was looking for the rest of them, when I spotted a Han and two Landos on the top peg. Looked around and could only find a 4-LOM to go with them, so I ended up ordering Gen. McQuarrie and the McSnowtrooper from amazon. Went back to WM the next morning looking for GI Joe figs, and there were the two I had just ordered sitting on the pegs! Managed to cancel the McQuarrie (so I didn't overpay there), but the amazon marketplace store I ordered the trooper from stuck it in the mail on a Saturday evening, so it was too late to cancel on Sunday morning. Saved a little money by not canceling the set from EE with the extra Stormtrooper, but still lost out thanks to superfast shipping, the only time I would ever complain about that.

Ji'dai
10-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Damn. And here I feel a SA resculpt of a ten year old POTF2 figure is pretty much Badass! I don't feel this this figure really warrants a resculpt, plus the fragility/breakage and gimp leg problems detract from the final result. The articulation is wasted since he's pretty much in a neutral stance for the entire scene he's in. If you're going to do some EU diorama with the new version maybe you could put him in an action pose. But protocol droids in the OT had very stiff-jointed locomotion.

Kidhuman
10-11-2007, 08:12 PM
I agree with Ji'dai

I am all caught up now on wave 6. Got all I need.

Old Fossil
10-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I don't feel this this figure really warrants a resculpt, plus the fragility/breakage and gimp leg problems detract from the final result. The articulation is wasted since he's pretty much in a neutral stance for the entire scene he's in. If you're going to do some EU diorama with the new version maybe you could put him in an action pose. But protocol droids in the OT had very stiff-jointed locomotion.

I can't deny that the shorter leg is an issue with this figure. But as far as articulation, who wouldn't want a figure with 14 points of articulation vs. one with 6? And action figures shouldn't be limited in their poses to what we saw them do onscreen (see the VTAC Bossk -- a figure with an amazing range of motion far beyond just standing there). It lacks the wide-leg stance of the POTF2 issue, and doesn't look like it's been left lying in red clay for a while; and if anything, the TAC sculpt does a much better job of suggesting 4-LOM's protocol droid origins than does the POTF2 one.

BTW, has anyone noticed that his shoulder armor swivels independently of his arms, to allow for slightly greater range of motion?

timmae
10-11-2007, 11:51 PM
man, i've only seen wave 5 once down here in the southeast. happy i ordered a darktrooper tonight from hts. going to keep checking for ugh's and w6 though. the way they are packing em out now. target has yet to get to wave 4 here yet!

DarkArtist
10-14-2007, 06:24 PM
finally got the entire wave today with finding the McSnowie. going to cancel my orders from EE since I'm still waiting for them to ship Wave 4,which I also found the entire wave already.

bigbarada
10-15-2007, 01:33 AM
I can't deny that the shorter leg is an issue with this figure. But as far as articulation, who wouldn't want a figure with 14 points of articulation vs. one with 6? And action figures shouldn't be limited in their poses to what we saw them do onscreen (see the VTAC Bossk -- a figure with an amazing range of motion far beyond just standing there). It lacks the wide-leg stance of the POTF2 issue, and doesn't look like it's been left lying in red clay for a while; and if anything, the TAC sculpt does a much better job of suggesting 4-LOM's protocol droid origins than does the POTF2 one.

BTW, has anyone noticed that his shoulder armor swivels independently of his arms, to allow for slightly greater range of motion?

Agreed, the point of action figures is not to just endlessly recreate the movie ad nauseum, it's to allow kids to expand upon the films using their imaginations.

Snowtrooper
10-15-2007, 06:28 PM
I finally got my McQuarrie Snowtroopers today. Easily the best figure of the wave if not the year. I think it looks even better in person than the pictures I've seen. I almost prefer this design to the one that we got in the movies.....almost.

Ji'dai
10-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Agreed, the point of action figures is not to just endlessly recreate the movie ad nauseum, it's to allow kids to expand upon the films using their imaginations. I doubt many kids would even know who 4-LOM is (or any of the other bounty hunters outside the Fett family, for that matter). I have a feeling this resculpt will just end up pegwarming badly. At least until some unsuspecting grandparents buy them up shortly before christmas.

Old Fossil
10-15-2007, 07:46 PM
I finally got my McQuarrie Snowtroopers today. Easily the best figure of the wave if not the year. I think it looks even better in person than the pictures I've seen. I almost prefer this design to the one that we got in the movies.....almost.

Not that you're biased towards that particular type of trooper or anything...:razz:

Snowtrooper
10-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Not that you're biased towards that particular type of trooper or anything...:razz:

Surely my usename doesn't indicate that......:D

Mad Slanted Powers
10-19-2007, 02:33 AM
I noticed an endcap at Wal-Mart today and there were at least a couple Landos. Not sure how long that endcap had been there. Maybe I missed another chance at getting extra concept figures. They did have a couple gold coin figures, the first time I had seen that. I didn't see anything else from wave 6 though.

jedi master sal
10-19-2007, 05:39 AM
Have I mentioned how underwhelmed I am with this wave. The torture rack itself is a very cool accessory. The only figure I really like from the wave if the McFrosty.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-03-2007, 02:02 PM
I forgot I had already seen Lando until I just read my post above. I finally saw the rest of the wave at Wal-Mart today, except for the concept Snowtrooper. I have this wave on order from EE, so I didn't get anything.