PDA

View Full Version : McQuarrie Autographs!

stillakid
09-19-2007, 02:19 PM
No, I don't have any. I've never been "into" autographs myself. Never really understood the appeal of having an autograph, unless it was a special "set" of them, say, like a full set of Presidential Autographs of all the US Presidents. Now THAT would be impressive!

But anyway, I just got to thinking about how inherently COOL it would be to have a full set of McQuarrie Concept Figures autographed by the man himself. Then I wondered if A) he was getting a full set of the figures from Hasbro and B) what he thought of seeing his conceptual work turned into 3D versions by Hasbro and other companies.

Just wonderin'. :)

Battle Droid
09-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Each one is already autographed by him personally. ;) lol

JediTricks
09-19-2007, 05:13 PM
I was able to get an autographed McQuarrie item at CIV, the "Art of Ralph McQuarrie" booth had some Action Fleet Flight Controller Vader sets for $10 with McQ's actual signature on the front, needless to say when I saw them I squealed and bought one. (McQ did a lot of artwork for Galoob's SW line, including the box on the aforementioned set.) His autograph shows signs of his Parkinsons but is still quite legible and VERY similar to the one on the Hasbro card design.

I can't imagine Hasbro not giving him a full set.

They talked about McQ's thoughts on the line at the CIV "Art of McQuarrie" panel which I attended. The short version was that he liked the idea, his favorite was the Boba Fett, and he wouldn't wish the job of translating 2-dimensional artworks into 3-dimensional items on anybody. :p

stillakid
09-19-2007, 05:20 PM
when I saw them I squealed

Do you have an MP3 of that available?

JediTricks
09-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Sorry, only proprietary formats available.

2-1B
09-19-2007, 11:58 PM
A couple years back I sent a pic from the Insider and a SASE and got it back signed...definitely showed the same signs that JT described, which makes it even cooler that he would take the time to sign in his older age and health. :)

Mando3lite
09-20-2007, 03:16 AM
Of course he got all of them! hasbro even made a figure of HIM!

jonthejedi
09-20-2007, 04:43 AM
I have three framed lithos(1 from each OT) plus light-up film cell signed by McQ. I remember there were more than one from each film...I don't remember where I bought them from...might have been QVC.

Jayspawn
09-23-2007, 10:35 PM
I recieved some concept art cards signed by Ralph this last year.

Unfortunatly Ralph has stopped signing due to health issues. Very sad too -such a gifted man.

AmanaMatt
09-24-2007, 01:24 AM
I recieved some concept art cards signed by Ralph this last year.

Unfortunatly Ralph has stopped signing due to health issues. Very sad too -such a gifted man.

I would love to get his autograph....too bad he is not signing due to health anymore. Hopefully he will be with us for many more years to come! I wish him the best.