PDA

View Full Version : boba fett, confusing things!

Mando3lite
09-20-2007, 03:36 AM
ok so episodeIV he makes a quick appearance in the hangar scene with han and jabba. why? i thought we didnt meet him until epV.
anyways
and the how come in ROTJ all the shots of him in jabbas palace are reversed, ateena on the left, holds his blaster with left and his cape dress up is also flipped.
WHY!!!!! there is absolutely NO point.
and the we end up in the dune sea and hes normal. someone on the editing floor must have notice! why why why, please someone!!

Rocketboy
09-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Its been established in the EU that Fett and Solo knew each other before A New Hope. He was dropped into the Special Edition as fan wank.

The flipped shot is just that - a flipped shot that was never corrected.

JediTricks
09-20-2007, 05:51 PM
I think the shot is flipped because they shot it for a different purpose or from an angle that didn't make visual sense when seen on-screen. Our heroes are seen off to the right in one shot, so they needed Fett to point that direction when they edited the shots together or else it'd look like he's drawing down on Jabba instead of Boushh.

bigbarada
09-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Shots are flipped in movies more often than you think, but it usually goes so quick most people never notice. I've never noticed the flipped shots of Fett in Jabba's palace, but I've never actually been interested enough to look for them. It'd be much worse for a correctly-oriented shot to break the flow of the action, than it would be to just flip the shot horizontally to keep things flowing smoothly (since most people would only notice that upon repeat viewings).

Rocketboy
09-21-2007, 02:23 PM
There are quite a few Vader and Imperial officer flips through the OT, IIRC.

JediTricks
09-21-2007, 05:46 PM
The thing is that Boba Fett's helmet is asymmetrical in its details so it's VERY easy to notice when it's flopped. There's a shot of R2 flopped in TPM as well but it's less noticeable unless you're a nut for detail (like me :p).

stillakid
09-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Have you considered that maybe that "flipped" shot is the correct direction and everything else in the movie is backwards? Eh? Just something to think about....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-21-2007, 06:34 PM
The best part about all this is that Mando3lite hates the shot so much that he decided to use it as his avatar. :D

Mando3lite
09-22-2007, 12:48 AM
i never said i hated it i just didnt get it, haha

JediTricks
09-22-2007, 03:29 AM
I'd be really impressed if someone out there moved the rangefinder on Fett's helmet and the cape on his shoulder in that shot. I would have been really impressed if Lucas had done it in the movie, but alas... fat flanneled f**k adds all-new shots of Fett in the same location but doesn't bother to do it for this. I guess if he's not willing to fix the lighting f**kups causing horrendous matting problems between Luke and the Rancor, what the hell does he care about Boba Fett's shot being mirrorflopped?

Have you considered that maybe that "flipped" shot is the correct direction and everything else in the movie is backwards? Eh? Just something to think about....Have you considered that everything that's up is really down, dude? Eat the mushrooms and you will, man! Groooooovy.