PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help Guys

DarthBrandon
09-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey guys,

I need some help finding a particular Pokemon card for my son, (not too familiar with this stuff) he's looking for some dude called Charizard (1st edition). If anyone can help out it would be appreciated, I don't care about the condition of the card as I'm not into this stuff, anything half decent I'm sure he would love. For some reason he's turn into a Pokemon nut & he's driving me crazy about this card.

Thanks

DB

El Chuxter
09-20-2007, 01:42 PM
I know less than you do, probably, but does this (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=charizard&category0=) help?

Lord Malakite
09-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Lets try this for info Chux. :D Charizard (a fire type dragon Pokemon) is the evolved form of Charmeleon (which in itself is the evolved form of Charmander). It is one of the three selectable starter Pokemon available from Dr. Oak at the beginning of the 2 original Pokemon games (Red and Blue Version) as well the 2 Pokemon remakes (Leaf Green and Fire Red Version). It was one of Ash Ketchup's strongest (but least obedient) Pokemon during the early seasons of the Pokemon TV series. It will also appear in Nintendo's upcoming fighter game (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) as one of three playable fighters under the name "Pokemon Trainer."

As for the Pokemon cards, they were made by Wizards of Coast until fairly recent (around 2003-2004), at which point Nintendo strarted making their own cards. The card you are looking for (a 1st edition) would indicate to me that it is an early 1996-1997 Wizards of Coast card (coming out about at the time Pokemon started up and became popular). More than likely you'll have to buy the card second hand from a card/comic shop or though an online auction site such as ebay. The card (in decent condition) will probably set you back 60 to 100 dollars easily (unless you buy it in a foreign language, like say German).

I believe this is the card (http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARIZARD-120-HP-RARE-POKEMON-CARD-HOLO-4-102_W0QQitemZ300152050670QQihZ020QQcategoryZ2611QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) you are looking for. Its going for fairly cheap at the moment, but you'll also see that off to the side it lists an estimate value (according to collector's card books) of about $100.

Rocketboy
09-20-2007, 03:51 PM
All I know about Charizard is a hilarious series of Foxtrot comics where Jason was obsessed with getting one.

DarthBrandon
09-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Lets try this for info Chux. :D Charizard (a fire type dragon Pokemon) is the evolved form of Charmeleon (which in itself is the evolved form of Charmander). It is one of the three selectable starter Pokemon available from Dr. Oak at the beginning of the 2 original Pokemon games (Red and Blue Version) as well the 2 Pokemon remakes (Leaf Green and Fire Red Version). It was one of Ash Ketchup's strongest (but least obedient) Pokemon during the early seasons of the Pokemon TV series. It will also appear in Nintendo's upcoming fighter game (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) as one of three playable fighters under the name "Pokemon Trainer."

As for the Pokemon cards, they were made by Wizards of Coast until fairly recent (around 2003-2004), at which point Nintendo strarted making their own cards. The card you are looking for (a 1st edition) would indicate to me that it is an early 1996-1997 Wizards of Coast card (coming out about at the time Pokemon started up and became popular). More than likely you'll have to buy the card second hand from a card/comic shop or though an online auction site such as ebay. The card (in decent condition) will probably set you back 60 to 100 dollars easily (unless you buy it in a foreign language, like say German).

I believe this is the card (http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARIZARD-120-HP-RARE-POKEMON-CARD-HOLO-4-102_W0QQitemZ300152050670QQihZ020QQcategoryZ2611QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) you are looking for. Its going for fairly cheap at the moment, but you'll also see that off to the side it lists an estimate value (according to collector's card books) of about $100.

Yeah, thanks for the info Lord Malakite, I wouldn't have known too much about this as it is really new to me. Brandon just started collecting these a few weeks ago & Charizard is the only one left that he's missing I guess. (from what he has told me) I'm not looking for anything mint or anything, just something that he'll be happy with, as I've already told him I won't spend crazy money to get this. I have a bunch of friends & family looking for this already, if anyone else out there runs into one cheap LMK ASAP; it will help me out a great deal.

DB

Lord Malakite
09-21-2007, 12:52 AM
I have a bunch of friends & family looking for this already, if anyone else out there runs into one cheap LMK ASAP; it will help me out a great deal.
Well that auction I listed has it currently at a $5.50 bid + $2.00 for shipping & handling. If it stays that way till the auction's end in 9 hours or so I'd say thats a good, cheap deal for a said $100 card.:D

DarthBrandon
09-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Well that auction I listed has it currently at a $5.50 bid + $2.00 for shipping & handling. If it stays that way till the auction's end in 9 hours or so I'd say thats a good, cheap deal for a said $100 card.:D

lol, true enough

Val Da Car
09-21-2007, 10:20 AM
17 min to go and $8.17 currently