PDA

View Full Version : WOAH! check this out.

Battle Droid
02-09-2002, 02:30 PM
http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=473

Beast
02-09-2002, 02:43 PM
"Very Nice, Very Nice...Nubian.

Intresting reports, wish they would have actually had some pics of the figures. Nice to see more of the figures I had on the list were confirmed. :) Hmmm, no Kamino figures though? Maybe Hasbro and Lucasfilm decided not to show them, since they are spoilerish. Oh well, still a good read.

I don't like the news on the Acklay though. Ugh, didn't they learn from jurassic park. Stupid dino damge. :( I can't wait for the Republic Gunship or the Arena Playset, though. I hope they are decently scaled. I'm worried about both though, with those low price points I don't see how they could possibly make these two things in a decent enough scale. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

General Veers
02-09-2002, 02:46 PM
I want to see the Gungan Sentator, Jar Jar, Imperial Guard, Yoda, Sasee Tiin, and Nikto Jedi.:)

Beast
02-09-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by General Veers
I want to see the Gungan Sentator, Jar Jar, Imperial Guard, Yoda, Sasee Tiin, and Nikto Jedi.:)

I can't wait to see Jar Jar Binks: Gungan Senator either. Infact they all sound cool. Hopefully they do the Royal Guard: Coruscant Security justice in plastic. The POTF2 Royal Guard was horrible. :( Hopefully since Toy Fair officially starts Sunday, we'll start seeing some pics. Bring em on Hasbro, we're ravenous.:)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
02-09-2002, 03:32 PM
Comments:

this R2-D2 recognizes 40 spoken phrases, plays six exciting games, and sings five tunes. It even has a retractable arm that lets it hold a 12-ounce beverage!

Quite possibly the most expensive cupholder ever.

COUNT DOOKU, DARK LORD; MACE WINDU, GEONOSIAN RESCUE...GEONASIAN WARRIOR...LUMINARA UNDUH, JEDI MASTER

First, it should be Mace (Geonosis Rescue) [he's not rescuing Geonosians], Geonosian Warrior, and Luminara Unduli. I hope these are just retype errors, and not destined for shelves. I like how they titled Dooku, it should cut down on resculpts. :)

The Acklay for $16? It's definately not to-scale.

The Vehicles all sound great, except for the reference of the Gunship as a 'bird of battle'...the beasts were a few topics back.

Padme Amidala Unleashed will probably be darn near naked. :sur:

And 12" Fett for $50??? :eek:

Okay, most of this is good, but some is going to be seen lying around in 2005. I think they again over-produced with too many different lines.

Beast
02-09-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Padme Amidala Unleashed will probably be darn near naked. :sur:

:D Well, they do call it Padme Amidala:Unleased :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

InsaneJediGirl
02-09-2002, 09:30 PM
STAR WARS UNLEASHED FIGURES
New for summer 2002, each of these highly-detailed, 7-inch action figures is an artistic interpretation of a key Star Wars hero or villain. Characters include DARTH MAUL, JANGO FETT, ANAKIN SKYWALKER, DARTH VADER, and PADME AMIDALA.

Darth Vader.Okay,so hes my favorite character,but why did
they have to do a Unleashed with him?!!I have a very,very
bad feeling he will be a mix "Twist-N-Shout" Maul and "I'm
gonna crap" Jango....

....Why must the good be badly statued?:cry: :cry: :frus: :mad:

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 01:55 AM
Just like the movie! The ELECTRONIC LIGHTSABERS feature ANAKIN SKYWALKER, COUNT DOOKU, or OBI-WAN KENOBI

WOO HOO I HAVE ANOTHER SHOT AT GETING A ELECTRONIC OBI-WAN KENOBI LIGHTSABER! WOO HOOO

( jumps aorund super happy of the news)

(NOTE i could never find the Obi-Wan Kenobi Saber from episdoe one i could only find qui-gon and mauls like they allways had)

NOW I CAN THOW AWAY MY CRAPY RUBEYS SABER!

WOO HOOOOO!!!! YAY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

( dances like a happy man)

sorry.... just have to be happy

Obi-Don
02-10-2002, 05:29 AM
In some ways I hope they produce the new line like they did with TPM. Around here it is hard to get SW stuff,but when TPM came out it was easy to get what you wanted. I hope its that way with EPII. Call me crazy ,but I was able to get just about all I wanted from TPM.

Darth Evil
02-10-2002, 07:00 AM
I hope they do the basic Dooku justice, he'll stand with my other villains!! I might buy Dooku's lightsaber, to have hours of childish fun!

Jargo
02-10-2002, 07:31 AM
yeah darth? I challenge you to a duel! have at thee yer scurvy knave!!!!!!! :evil:

the poke around in the guts thing will no doubt please the kiddie winks but look terrible. I thought all of that looked a bit iffy on the JP3 dinos but the sound of this has me thinking that it will be way too prominent and ruin what looks to be a fantastic beast.

Unleashed figures can go rot in the stockroom as far as I care.

The playset sounds like it'll be a washout like the episode 1 ones. A droid factory and a big arena? they keep trying to put too much in at once. Why couldn't they have done the two seperately and made a better job of two instead of a half baked attempt at one? Yeah, i know i haven't seen it but past experience and the pics we've seen so far give me a gut feeling about this.

Some of you guys should steer clear of those additive enriched orange drinks for a while. Hyperactivity is gonna wear you out.....

Where's the pics of the Nexu and the Massif? The geonosian picador mount? Don't tewll me we have to wait a year for the non battle stuff. *sigh* We don't all want to stage a coup de gras with our action figures y'know hasbro. Some of us just like the beasties because they're beasties. Don't need them to be attacking anything. Don't need silly gut feely touchy features or stupid Buckaroo features and indistinct electronic growls. just the beasty with legs that are articulated and nice detailed sculpt.

Hasbro - taking the play out of play.......