View Full Version : Nexu?

Battle Droid
02-09-2002, 05:20 PM
What exactly is the Nexu?

Beast
02-09-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
What exactly is the Nexu?

Another of the critters from the Arena battle. Hasbro is going to be making a toy of it in the deluxe line. I assume that he's going to be a pack in with one ofthe of the figures, like the battle droid is with Mace. Here is a picture from the Hasbro sample catalog that shows the critter.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
02-09-2002, 05:47 PM
Cool, thanks for the pic. :D

Lord Tenebrous
02-09-2002, 07:08 PM
You know how Padme's white outfit is ripped? Yeah, this is the beast that does that. It may appear sexy, but if you look at pictures of her back, she's scratched and bloody. Right above her arm band, and slanting downward:

Beast
02-09-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
You know how Padme's white outfit is ripped? Yeah, this is the beast that does that. It may appear sexy, but if you look at pictures of her back, she's scratched and bloody. Right above her arm band, and slanting downward:

Nice picture Lord Tenebrous. She looks good in that outfit, but I still prefer her in a gown. And wow, you can definatly see that on her action figure that she is to scale with the battle droid rifle, damn that thing is HUGE! Here is another pic of Padme's back from the offical site. You can see the rips in the shirt.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-09-2002, 09:31 PM
I believe the Nexu is a large beast so I doubt that it'll be a pack in of any sort :)

Co Jo-Da
02-09-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Here is another pic of Padme's back from the offical site. You can see the rips in the shirt.

Notice in that picture that she is sitting on top of a pillar (like the one that see was chained to) on the Arena Floor looking down at the action, probably watching Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting the Reek...

LTBasker
02-10-2002, 12:49 AM
Stupid Hasbro, they forgot to pack-in the popcorn then! :frus:

GNT
02-10-2002, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Stupid Hasbro, they forgot to pack-in the popcorn then! :frus:

Popcorn would probably be rotten by the time they come out so you'd probably have to settle with rotten green popcorn,mmmmmm green popcorn :)

LTBasker
02-10-2002, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by GNT

Popcorn would probably be rotten by the time they come out so you'd probably have to settle with rotten green popcorn,mmmmmm green popcorn :)

I didn't mean popcorn for me, Padme annoying or not has to have something to eat while watching the show while on the pillar. :p

Rollo Tomassi
02-10-2002, 12:45 PM
So couldn't the Nexu rip off MORE of her clothes?!? I think that would be more "realistic":happy:

Darn the MPAA ratings.:mad:

Lord Tenebrous
02-10-2002, 07:50 PM
Looks like the Nexu is more like a modified velociraptor, if this picture is what the final CGI model turned out to look like:

Co Jo-Da
02-11-2002, 12:13 AM
Very cool little creature, I hope Padme blows him up...

GNT
02-11-2002, 02:02 AM
The Nexu looks like a pile of poodoo to me,ugly disign and reused parts as well as being lame that it is :)

Rollo Tomassi
02-11-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by GNT
The Nexu looks like a pile of poodoo to me,ugly disign and reused parts as well as being lame that it is :)

I agree, not very scary at all. It reminds me of the "stupid, stupid rat creatures" in Bone.:happy: :D

Fulit
02-11-2002, 11:50 AM
I think GL couldn't decide between the final three design submissions for the "Arena Beast", so he just said, "toss it, I'll use 'em all". He should've stopped before the Nexu.

Co Jo-Da
02-11-2002, 12:02 PM
There has been stupider creature in other movies, at least Nexu will fit into the scene...

Wolfwood319
02-11-2002, 12:08 PM
I personally like the nexu. I like all the creatures they'll be fighting in the arena. None of them are too alike, and all are pretty cool looking.

Jargo
02-11-2002, 08:42 PM
I like these new beasties cuz it means my lonely old Rancor finally has some company coming round for tea. with the massif and the Reek and the acklay they'll be having a blast, kickin' back watchin' the game, drinkin' a bud'.........

from the front the Nexu looks better. loads of teeth and a big wide kittycat grin. the massif looksa little like a pit bull terrier to me especially on the toy pic showing the geonosian holding the chain. I mean, we all know that ILM uses all the CGI models they have in stock again and again and again. What was to be expected - something new? HAHAHAHAHA! :crazed: Why that's just crazy! No i like the Nexu's tiger stripes or whatever they are. better that than the big strawberry monster with the three horns... Reek wasn't it? And the Queen from Aliens isn't that the Acklay? AW who cares, as long as they kick some Jedi butt and tear up the joint I'll be happy. then they can come to a sticky messy end and we'll all cheer like fools! "RAH! RAH! Go jedi Go Jedi G- oh............"
If the nexu is a cat-like alien, why doesn't it chase the flying bug-like Geonosians? I thought that's what dumb cats did - chase flying things they haven't a hope in hell of catching. I'd love to see that happen in the arena :evil:

Co Jo-Da
02-11-2002, 10:01 PM
Check out these guys:

Massif
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=collecting/toyfair2002/loose_geonosian_massif.jpg

Acklay
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=collecting/toyfair2002/loose_acklay.jpg

Man the Arena Battle is going to be really good with Battle Droids, Super Battle Droids, Destroyer Droids and creatures like these running around...

chewie
02-11-2002, 11:09 PM
Ahhh yes. The many lizards of the SW/ILM universe. Is it just because they have so many models lying around from Jurrasic Park movies that they re-shape them into SW creatures?

Looks like every single beast in the arena is going to be a scaly lizard of some sort. As with most SW films. I could've sworn when I first heard about the Reek that it would look like an alien wooly mammoth. Oh well.

Co Jo-Da
02-11-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by chewie
Looks like every single beast in the arena is going to be a scaly lizard of some sort.

But look at what planet they're on Geonosis; a hot, rocky, dessert wasteland. You're not going to find lions or tigers (they wouldn't last ten minutes), so it makes sense to have Geonosis covered with freaky looking lizards...

Jargo
02-12-2002, 06:47 AM
Convenient design argument No. 3755.746 as stated by co jo-da.

For further clarification on the design policy at LFL and the way that CGI models are used and re-used for convenience and laziness and saving a few measly bucks see the thread relating to Mark Austins time at ILM during the run up to the release of the OT special editions. An enlightening read.

I find the Acklay to be less crap than the Reek, Nexu and Massif. At least the Acklay doesn't have just the four legs and a large body like the others. But then again, it's just the Opee re-used really with those leggy claw things. And the toy kind of gives the game away about how the Acklay is disposed of by the Jedi. Hardly an effective beast in battle if it can be disposed of that quickly. Stupid stupid Geonosians. :crazed:

JEDIpartner
02-21-2002, 01:44 PM
Isn't that ZORAK from Space Ghost's mum or something like that? She looks like she'd be ready to invite BRAK and MOULTAR over for a spot of aphid-tea!:D