PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Comic Packs Hasbro Should Do

Tycho
09-27-2007, 11:48 AM
I was looking at the preliminary results in our voting poll (click on my signature line below) and I came up with the following list:

Heir To The Empire w. Talon Karrde & Captain Palleon
Heir To The Empire w. Joruus C'Boath & Rukh (Thrawn's Noghri bodyguard)
Heir To The Empire w. Noghri Commando & Borssk Fey'yla (Bothan)
Heir To The Empire w. Grand Admiral Thrawn (confirmed) & Winter

Tales of the Jedi w. Exar Kun & Ulic Qel Droma
Tales of the Jedi w. Nomi Sunrider & Mandalorian Warrior (to be under Mandalore)

Shadows of the Empire w. Guri & Leebo

Crimson Empire II w. Nom Anor & Mirith Synn

Rogue Squadron w. Corran Horn (X-wing) & Ysanne Isard

Jedi Academy: Leviathon w. Kyp Durron & Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)

Legacy w. Yuuzhan Vong warrior & Cade Skywalker

New Jedi Order figures really rank strongly in the poll, but they've yet to really have a comic book that Hasbro can pack in. Alternatively, since they'd sell great and Jaina, Jacen, & Yuuzhan Vong have extremely high demand, they could be single-carded in regular assortments like Darth Revan and Darth Malak were.

master J
09-27-2007, 01:04 PM
I would love to see a Legacy comic pack with the ghost of Luke Skywalker

mtriv73
09-27-2007, 01:13 PM
I'd like Corran Horn with Whistler (isn't that his astromech?)

I'd buy all the Sith 2 packs they produce from Legacy. Some of those look like they'd make fantastic figures.

jedi master sal
09-27-2007, 01:21 PM
I was looking at the preliminary results in our voting poll (click on my signature line below) and I came up with the following list:

Heir To The Empire w. Talon Karrde & Captain Palleon
Heir To The Empire w. Joruus C'Boath & Rukh (Thrawn's Noghri bodyguard)
Heir To The Empire w. Noghri Commando & Borssk Fey'yla (Bothan)
Heir To The Empire w. Grand Admiral Thrawn (confirmed) & Winter

Tales of the Jedi w. Exar Kun & Ulic Qel Droma
Tales of the Jedi w. Nomi Sunrider & Mandalorian Warrior (to be under Mandalore)

Shadows of the Empire w. Guri & Leebo

Crimson Empire II w. Nom Anor & Mirith Synn

Rogue Squadron w. Corran Horn (X-wing) & Ysanne Isard

Jedi Academy: Leviathon w. Kyp Durron & Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)

Legacy w. Yuuzhan Vong warrior & Cade Skywalker

New Jedi Order figures really rank strongly in the poll, but they've yet to really have a comic book that Hasbro can pack in. Alternatively, since they'd sell great and Jaina, Jacen, & Yuuzhan Vong have extremely high demand, they could be single-carded in regular assortments like Darth Revan and Darth Malak were.

Excellent list Tycho.

I'd buy most of those. Only ones I wouldn't are because I don't know who they are (Mostly NJO stuff). But I prolly would still buy them as I'll get to the stories eventually.

El Chuxter
09-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I'd buy everything brought up so far except for the Legacy BS.

I think Ki-Adi with his sun hat and the assassin droid from Prelude to Rebellion are a must, too.

Tycho
09-27-2007, 06:43 PM
I went with the tally winners Mad Slanted Powers has tabulated in the poll here on SSG.

New Jedi Order actually wasn't listed, because there is no comic.

I squeak the Yuuzhan Vong into Legacy, because that comic takes place after NJO and the Vong are now left as permanent additions to the SW galaxy. Cade is way far down on the demand list, but he is the lead character and I don't see it making sense to do a Legacy Comic 2-pack without Cade (or Darth Krayyt for that matter). However, we know Hasbro is with the Imperial Knights (Royal Guards with Force powers and lightsabers) because it's an easy kit-bash for them and Dark Horse wants folks reading their current batch of stuff.

Dark Horse's current line-up is not as hot as the obvious winners here (Tales of the Jedi - mostly by Kevin Anderson, and Rogue Squadron by Mike Stackpole - yeah, the novelists did the comics.)

Dark Horse's current line up involves 4 series:

Knights of the Old Republic - this is pre-video game era. If Zayne Carrick becomes Darth Malak or Darth Revan, I don't know. But that might tie things up a bit. Thus far it's OK - but it's no legacy of Ulic Qel Droma!

Dark Times - focuses on refugee Jedi resisting the Empire after Order-66. Jennir, the lead character and former Old Republic Jedi, placed in the poll, but not very highly. It's very likely Darth Vader will kill him at some point in the series.

Rebellion - a continuation of Empire - we have Luke as an Imperial, and Lt. Shan (the chick Imperial who's really a Rebel) comic, as well as Mouse and Able in stormtrooper gear) coming. It doesn't excite me really. You? These could sit almost on par with the Marvel Comic "bad repaints." Luke's friend "Tank" (Lt. Jannek Sunber from Tatooine, an Imperial Officer) is the best bet for a great seller here. I don't know who else they'd include him with. This comic hasn't impressed me that much either. Tank did place in our poll, but not too highly.

Legacy - 130+ years into the future after ROTJ, dealing with Luke's great-grandson, Cade, and a prequel EU character that somehow survived. (He explained it in the last issue - that he was placed in stasis. I'm waiting to see if they offer more to that story so that it makes more sense.) This series is actually the best-selling of any of the 4 according to my comic shop owner. He always has extras of the other titles and has to order more copies of Legacy on a pretty consistent basis. Legacy is not as good as Republic, Rogue Squadron, Tales of the Jedi, but it is continuing to stay interesting. The art is by Jan Duursema and the story by John Ostrander, so that really helps. But it is overly-stocked with a ton of new "a, b, c, & d characters" and then some, making it crazy to follow. Tales of the Jedi also had a lot of folks to feature, but it somehow drove home the fact that it was more centralized around Ulic, Nomi, and Exar. Legacy doesn't project that feeling yet. Consequently, it is not getting the reaction that the comics our poll winners are coming from did. But I have faith because Ostrander and Duursema were responsible for the best of Republic / Clone Wars and they're good!

Anyway, there aren't really any New Jedi Order recommendations in my suggested 2-packs, because there aren't comics.

The one Legacy pack I did suggest contained a Yuuzhan Vong with Cade if only to get that figure out there, so it's only "half" a true Legacy 2-pack. Seemed like a good compromise.

The rest are obvious winners and ought to be for Hasbro.

bobafrett
09-27-2007, 08:16 PM
What, no mouse droids?

Kidhuman
09-27-2007, 08:34 PM
I wouldnt mind getting some Video Game 2 packs like Roz and Montross, Komari Vosa and a Bando Gora etc......

jedi master sal
09-28-2007, 08:13 AM
I wouldnt mind getting some Video Game 2 packs like Roz and Montross, Komari Vosa and a Bando Gora etc......

Yeah, I'd get those too.

Hasbro still needs to finish off the KOTOR figs as well.

tagmac
09-28-2007, 11:17 AM
I would definitely buy the Shadows2-pack, as I always felt Guri should have been made with the original line in the first place.

DarkArtist
09-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Great list Tycho !

I would love to see:

Kyle Katarn vs Jerec

new sculpt Dash Rendar and new sculpt Shadows Luke Skywalker (not just another saga Jedi Luke with a yellow/tan vest)

Marvel Star Wars Leia and Threepio with issue #5

Marvel 25th Anniversary set of Vader and Obi Wan with issue #6

the last two I feel need to be made just to finish off the series of comics

would also like to see them do ESB and ROTJ in the Marvel style.

some other ideas :

Mirith Sinn and Sadeet (Crimsion Empire)
Kenix Kel vs Nom Anor (Crimsion Empire II)

Sinscia Fat'o
10-01-2007, 12:09 PM
all of those are great lists, and i would buy most of them if not all of them, even the legacy ones, even though im not that hot on it yet, though im trying to warm up to it. I really think guri and leebo would be a good bet and should be done to finish up the shadows line from potf2. and after that...Tales of the jedi, and rogue squadron please!@!!!

Slicker
10-02-2007, 03:55 AM
I would definitely buy the Shadows2-pack, as I always felt Guri should have been made with the original line in the first place.They left out a crap ton of figures from Shadows but now that all of this other carp EU is out Hasbro is forgetting where alot of it got it's start.

What carp!