PDA

View Full Version : Saga Fan Choice Poll '08 Results - AKA: Ephant Mon Was Robbed!!

Beast
09-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Ugh. I'm just so disappointed that I had to start a thread about the results so we could all complain. Even though I don't collect a lot of Star Wars figures anymore, I do get the occassional ones I like. It's going to be another year of pegwarming Troopers falling off the racks at every store from here to Tatooine. The Top 5 figures are going to be made, and only one of them isn't a isn't a freakin' Trooper. :(

Saga Legends Fans Choice Poll Results Are In
The final results to the Saga Legends Spring '08 line are...

Here's the word from Hasbro:

After all of the votes were tallied, we have our winners. As in the
previous Saga Legends poll, troopers proved to be very popular. The next
(and final) figures to be slotted into Saga Legends will be:

Shadow Stormtrooper
Commander Neyo
Covert Ops Clone Trooper
Utapau Shadow Trooper
Zev Senesca

We are planning for the figures to be available at retail in April 2008. Once again, thank everybody involved from the readers to the editors...everyone did a great job selecting figures and making sure that the fans' voice was heard!
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1103

Kidhuman
09-28-2007, 08:58 PM
This is a sh*t fest of clones AGAIN. Saves me money

Qui-Long Gone
09-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Apparently this last poll proves once and forever that we fans are obsessive compulsive....I myself voted several times to try an NOT let all those troopers make the final cuts...

These figures will be like my latest switch to Gieco....saving me a boat load of money.....

stillakid
09-28-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm gonna have a great Imperial Shuttle diorama one day! :love: Bring on the troops!

JediTricks
09-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Honestly, I suspect some trooper fan went nuts and created hundreds of user accounts to vote for those, they don't jive at all with the results all the sites out there posted at the end of the first round.

Old Fossil
09-28-2007, 10:23 PM
No OT troopers, I see. I need more AT-AT Drivers.:upset:

figrin bran
09-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Ephant Mon was robbed indeed. I already have all 5 of the winners and admittedly I'd like more Neyos for custom fodder because the Neyo grunts have the visor sculpted onto the helmet. However, they should've just given the Saleucemi battlepack a second release.

El Chuxter
09-28-2007, 11:24 PM
So four army builders from HTF or overpriced exclusives.

Hmmmmmm....

At least they'll save money by only having the one mold.

On the other hand, go Zev!!

CaptainSolo1138
09-29-2007, 12:44 AM
YIPPEE!!! Three of the same figure! w00t w00t!:rolleyes:

Rocketboy
09-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Big f*cking surprise...
I don't know what I hate more: Troopers (toys) or Army Builders (people).

Adam
09-29-2007, 02:55 AM
I'm very dissapointed. I thought Ephant Mon was a shoe in. And are there really that many people who didn't get Zev? Geez. :sad:

Lord Malakite
09-29-2007, 03:50 AM
Big f*cking surprise...
I don't know what I hate more: Troopers (toys) or Army Builders (people).
Tough call. I do so despise the Trooper and its endless incarnations of senseless repaints. Not one of my picks made it because of these endless pimped out painted posers. And so once again the crap hits the fan (and by fan I mean the SW fan who prefers quality over quantity).

Kidhuman
09-29-2007, 07:39 AM
Myself, Sal, Tycho, FB and a few others here are all army builders. I voted for one clone, the AOTC Gun Turret guy because he went quickly the first time around. I right now am army building Stormies and BD's(to a point). Dont hate the army builders, hate the clones because they are ruining these legends line. Hate the voters that voted this carp in.

jedi master sal
09-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Myself, Sal, Tycho, FB and a few others here are all army builders. I voted for one clone, the AOTC Gun Turret guy because he went quickly the first time around. I right now am army building Stormies and BD's(to a point). Dont hate the army builders, hate the clones because they are ruining these legends line. Hate the voters that voted this carp in.

Yes, with KH I will agree.

While I'll get a few of these I'm sure they will clog at some point.

Here's what I plan on getting from those 5:
X3 Shadow Stormtrooper (need to finish a sqaud then that's it for those)
X20 Commander Neyo (I'm going to custom them all to be grunts-so they will be sans the shoulder armor and straps, unless Hasbro gets smart and packs in an extra belt-which is my highest hopes for this fig so I don't have to permanatly alter the shoulder armore/belt)
ZERO Covert Ops Clone Trooper-I have no need for extras of the weird gray sparkly clone with purple highlights. Gawd that makes the clone sound SO gay. (Not that there is anything wrong with that, but not something you would expect out of a clone.)
X3 Utapau Shadow Trooper (need to finish a sqaud then that's it for those)
ZERO Zev Senesca-Already got him in the snowspeeder set, so this is an easy pass for me.

If the Shadow Stormtrooper and the Utapau Shadow Trooper had not won, I wouldn't have been disappointed and would have been fine with what I have.

So really for me the only winner is the Commander Neyo fig and that's just to custom him.

Otherwise I think this last wave is going to be a dude. Yes they will sell at first, but then they are going to peg hard.

Here's my hopes for a case breakdown of these 5:
X2 Shadow Stormtrooper
X4 Commander Neyo
X1 Covert Ops Clone Trooper
X2 Utapau Shadow Trooper
X3 Zev Senesca

While not needing Zev, I do recognize the desire for him by others, so that's why I put him at three.

What I expect to happen is that they will all be 2 each with Neyo and the Shadow Stormtrooper getting one extra each to make 12 figs or two completely different figs will be inserted into that case to make the 12 figures per case assortment.

Please don't hate the army builder (person) either. At least not this one. In some cases it's because the army builder buys up those figures that stores order more cases giving everyone a better chance at finding other figures from those cases.

Myself, I'm tiring of army building and with some exceptions later this year and next will trim my habits sharply in 2008 and beyond. I think many of us army builders are feeling similar. That won't bode well for pegs then, if Hasbro keeps pumping out the army builders.

However, I think the trend of having army builders on pegs will greatly decrease after the release of the new clone wars and Force Unleashed figures. Yes some will come from there, but then there won't be much else to draw from after that. The live action show will be set between episodes 3 and 4, so that's when Stormtroopers will appear. By then most of the collecting community at large will have had their Stormtrooper figure needs satiated.

El Chuxter
09-29-2007, 12:27 PM
I didn't get Zev. I know several folks who are otherwise completists who didn't, and most of the guys who did were on the fence. When you already have two snowspeeders, along with about a dozen more vehicles you never unboxed because there's no room, that one little figure doesn't look like he's worth $30+.

TheDarthVader
09-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Not only Ephant Mon but what about the hard to find jedi: coleman trebor and pablo jill? I felt as though at least one of those jedi would be a winner. Well, I am going to get just one of those...Zev.

Snowtrooper
09-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Its disappointing that there wasn't more variety in the final results (something other than troopers). Nonetheless, I will be picking up Neyo and Covert Ops since I never saw either of these exclusives.

Devo
09-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Since this is what they're serving I'll have none please.

I can understand Zev being voted for but Hasbro loves putting out clones one way or another - they're a waste in a poll like this. And as someone sagely pointed out - 3 of the same figure!!! FFS!!

Jargo
09-29-2007, 07:57 PM
poop.................

jedi master sal
09-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Not only Ephant Mon but what about the hard to find jedi: coleman trebor and pablo jill? I felt as though at least one of those jedi would be a winner. Well, I am going to get just one of those...Zev.

Here is a guess about why those jedi and graxxol didn't make it-The quality of figures has improved much since those figs. Articulation is much better. So since these older figures don't stack up to the new ones, Hasbro won't reproduce them. But they knew clones were good seller. Problem is most of us who want clones have all that we want. I'm not hearing on any of the sites I visit anyone still clamoring for clones.

Even army builders (myself included) aren't looking forward to this last wave. (With exception to Neyo for me and even then it's not the version I want-well not without some minor customization.)

Lord Malakite
09-29-2007, 08:49 PM
So you guys are. Time to pay a few people a visit, but first I need to get my blaster out of storage for some target practice.:D

In all seriousness though, when I said it was a tough call between Troopers and Army Builders to dispise I was refering to people that like Hasbro's fantasy rehashes just because it has a "new colored stripe" and/or are the "voters that voted this carp in" (though I don't know what fish has to do with it) just so they can get their fill of that flavor before moving on to clog shelves with demands for the next fantasy color of the week. I didn't mean it against you, Sal, Tycho, FB or anyone here personally.

bigbarada
09-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Further evidence that Saga Legends is going to sink the Star Wars line.:mad:

AmanaMatt
09-29-2007, 09:58 PM
If the voting is done in an honest manner and these polls are truly genuine, then I will eat my own leg! Ephant Mon was robbed and these results make me sick to my stomach!

El Chuxter
09-29-2007, 10:57 PM
They don't want to give Ephant to us. He was an expensive figure to produce, and they make less profit on him.

Keep in mind that every one of these damned Fan's Choice polls seems to be a little fishy. Stuff like fanboy favorite :rolleyes: Ellors Madakk coming out of nowhere on the last day to beat Ephant and Amanaman, then a prototype of Ellors being shown online in absolute record time.

This is to pacify us, to make us think we have some say in the process. Well, it's a load of doon-doon. They're just too thickheaded to realize that we're onto them, and that releasing three more non-movie Clonetroopers (only one of which was actually EU prior to Hasbro getting out their paintbrushes!) next year, when even the Airborne Trooper and 501st Trooper are starting to pegwarm, is suicide.

Screw 'em. Shove every one of those self-congratulatory Mandaloreans up their bungs. :mad:

jedibear
09-29-2007, 11:21 PM
OOoooo, more clones! These, along with the Candyland Mandos from EE will HOPEFULLY satisfy folks who just don't have enough clones in their collection...

I am holding out for the paisley clones, the Tie-Dye clones, the Pollack Paint-Spatter Clones, the neon clones or the Hello Kitty pink clones....

Turbowars
09-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Hasbro has said they don't want to release Mon again in the past and if he was to come back it would be in some form of a deluxe figure. So with that in mine Hasbro fixed te vote. Simple as that. it's not like a 3rd party is policing the poll, so Hasbro can do what they want like they always do.

bigbarada "Further evidence that Saga Legends is going to sink the Star Wars line."

Where did you get that from? Kids and most collectors eat them up. I think it's awesome you can go into a store in the middle of the day and buy a Stormy or Clone. That's how it should be.

JEDIpartner
09-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Whoop-de-doo. More clones.

2-1B
09-30-2007, 03:42 PM
This is the bull**** of all bull****s.

JEDIpartner
09-30-2007, 03:45 PM
I know... aside from the nullifying of the Exclusivity issue, the lines is seriously dying because of the dearth of clones. This is complete overkill now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-30-2007, 06:12 PM
I voted for and will be getting the Covert Ops Clone and Commander Neyo, but four of the five being clones is ridiculous. I don't think I'll ever get my Sio Bibble. :cry:

X20 Commander Neyo (I'm going to custom them all to be grunts-so they will be sans the shoulder armor and straps, unless Hasbro gets smart and packs in an extra belt-which is my highest hopes for this fig so I don't have to permanatly alter the shoulder armore/belt)
The only two Saleucami clones shown in the movie were the same CGI model, so the Commander Neyo figure is correct for both of them and requires no retooling. That's why I wanted another one so that I could replace the clone with the visor with another Neyo.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-02-2007, 02:32 AM
I'm not seeing many clones around here, but on my recent trip to Williamsport, PA, the Wal-Mart there was loaded with AOTC and ROTS clones. I picked up 2 of the AOTC and one ROTS. I never got the CW SA Clone. The only ones of that mold that I have would be the TSC green one and the EE sets. I've not opened the EE sets yet so this is a good way to get more plain white Episode II Clones.

Perhaps we should have our own fan's choice poll here and see what people really want. If people vote in a thread for all to see, then there wouldn't be any doubt about the results. Anyone could check the math.

stillakid
10-02-2007, 02:46 AM
I'm not seeing many clones around here, but on my recent trip to Williamsport, PA, the Wal-Mart there was loaded with AOTC and ROTS clones. I picked up 2 of the AOTC and one ROTS. I never got the CW SA Clone. The only ones of that mold that I have would be the TSC green one and the EE sets. I've not opened the EE sets yet so this is a good way to get more plain white Episode II Clones.

Perhaps we should have our own fan's choice poll here and see what people really want. If people vote in a thread for all to see, then there wouldn't be any doubt about the results. Anyone could check the math.

YEAH!!!!! (stillakid grabs his torch and pitchfork as he runs into the dark woods) :mad:

Qui-Long Gone
10-02-2007, 10:38 AM
YEAH!!!!! (stillakid grabs his torch and pitchfork as he runs into the dark woods) :mad:

Right behind you with a flashlight and shovel....:mad:

In case the torch goes out and we need to burry something.....:upset:

Sinscia Fat'o
10-02-2007, 12:05 PM
personally i was kind of pleased i will purchase a crap load of the shadow trooper, and the others i will only get a few of but not "army build" in huge numbers. i was really pleased about zev making it since i wasn'y buying yet another snow speeder when he was first released. i was really on the fence about most of the choices anyway except for neyo...i won't be getting any of those since i bought the exclusive he was in, and i still don't understand why he was in the race and placed as high as he did. i do know some people want him for customizing, and thats cool, the covert opps trooper does look a little fruity but i wouldn't mind having one "dont ask dont tell trooper" to comfort vader when he's yelling "NOOOO", oh the drama of the diorama, LOL.
though i do understand why some people may be upset four troopers are a little much should have been three troops and ephont man, and Zev.

TheRealDubya
10-02-2007, 02:56 PM
If the poll was rigged, it makes total sense -- China probably looks like Kamino these days, what with the sheer number of clones coming of the assembly lines. Those are easy for them to re-release by Spring (no soft goods, no need to track down the molds, etc.) The Zev body we know is in production right now for the Hoth BP Luke.

I suspect that we will see a number of the runners-up in Battlepacks.

Well, I'm off to go find an Ephant Mon & Wulff Yalaren at some e-tailer to buy now, since I won't be getting them at retail anytime soon...

jts21
10-03-2007, 12:32 PM
I doubt it was rigged. First off even on the forums there seemed to be a split between trooper fans and background character fans. About half the final 20 ended up being troopers, so odds were good this would happen.
Another thing to consider is the fact that the final vote was on hasbros site, which attracts alot of the younger audience since they have cartoons and games on the site so it wasn't just a bunch of older fans voting. The younger kids tend not to like background aliens, heck I know a couple that are completly terified of ephant. Then theres also characters like sio bibble who kids wouldn't want, I mean really how many kids go around collecting action figures of old guys. They don't care that they could have been hard to get the first time around they only get the figures they really want. Kids want to go for the real action figures the guys covered in armor and loaded with weapons, which is why out of all the characters the clones were the most appealing to them.

jedi master sal
10-03-2007, 05:15 PM
I think one thing we as collectors (not fans in this case) have to put into perspective is that from a toy aspect this is Star "WARS." So troop type figures make sense to have a lot of, not just for the collector/army builder, but for those kiddies. Kids have much more fun with army type figs than they would many other characters, as has been pointed out in this very thread.

-Sal

El Chuxter
10-03-2007, 05:27 PM
The younger kids tend not to like background aliens, heck I know a couple that are completly terified of ephant.

Call me nuts, but if a kid is so young as to be scared of a toy, they probably shouldn't be running around online. And, in any case, wouldn't be old enough to read the list. (I may be mistaken, but I don't think there were pictures, at least not on the voting page.)

And I still have a hard time buying that kids are so incredibly different than when many collectors (myself included) were young, during the Vintage days. Everyone I knew back then loved background aliens. They meant you could come up with your own story.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-03-2007, 05:42 PM
The first three figures I ever got when I was 7 were Chewbacca in Bounty Hunter Disguise, Han Solo in Carbonite, and R5-D4. Make of that what you will.

Mister Roboto
10-03-2007, 07:16 PM
I doubt it was rigged. First off even on the forums there seemed to be a split between trooper fans and background character fans. About half the final 20 ended up being troopers, so odds were good this would happen.
Another thing to consider is the fact that the final vote was on hasbros site, which attracts alot of the younger audience since they have cartoons and games on the site so it wasn't just a bunch of older fans voting. The younger kids tend not to like background aliens, heck I know a couple that are completly terified of ephant. Then theres also characters like sio bibble who kids wouldn't want, I mean really how many kids go around collecting action figures of old guys. They don't care that they could have been hard to get the first time around they only get the figures they really want. Kids want to go for the real action figures the guys covered in armor and loaded with weapons, which is why out of all the characters the clones were the most appealing to them.

I can understand a prequel background character like Sio Bibble not making the cut. Not only is he not appealing to the younger kids, Prequel Haters won't vote for him. Look at the poll results from the front page:

Which areas of Star Wars do you collect?

35.5% Anything and Everything Star Wars

36.5% Both the Prequel Trilogy & Original Trilogy

25.1% Only Original Trilogy

2.9% Only Prequel Trilogy

Total Votes: 2303

Just about 97% of the people voting here collect Original Trilogy stuff. Lots of people didnt' get Ephant Mon. Sounds fishy to me.

Secondly, where was the advertising for this poll? I never got an email from Hasbro like I do for other things. The only links I saw were on the fan sites like here, galactichunter, and rebelscum. What are the chances of kids really voting for this?

jts21
10-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Call me nuts, but if a kid is so young as to be scared of a toy, they probably shouldn't be running around online. And, in any case, wouldn't be old enough to read the list. (I may be mistaken, but I don't think there were pictures, at least not on the voting page.)

And I still have a hard time buying that kids are so incredibly different than when many collectors (myself included) were young, during the Vintage days. Everyone I knew back then loved background aliens. They meant you could come up with your own story.

Okay you're nuts, lol just kidding. Seriously though being afraid of grotesq aliens is perfectly normal for a kid. Also the votes actualy did have pictures included with their lists, actual some people were poking fun at hasbro because they used pictures from the rebelscum photo archives instead of using their own pictures.
I'll use my younger brother as an example for this vote. He goes to hasbro's site frequently to play their star wars and transformers games. While he was on his way to play one of the games he saw an advertisement for the figure vote. He then had my mom sign him up so that he could vote when he got to the votes he basicly voted for the figures that won but inplace of zev he voted for the stormtrooper. When I came over to spend some time with my little brother my mom explained what he did. He later told me the reason behind why he picked what he did was that clones and battle droids were his favorites and he like making them fight eachother. Just to get his perspective on thing I asked him what the other choices were, of corse I already knew what they were but I wanted to see what he saw them as. In his words The choices were "Some clones, some dudes and some freaky aliens". So for you collectors I'm glad you guys at least got zev but hasbro's site is aimed at kids, they've got games, activities and cartoons so of course kids are going to vote when they see the advertisement on that site. Sure some collectors will be upset they didn't get the figs they wanted, heck I wanted the arc trooper the most but I'm happy for the kids like my little brother whos top pick made it.

timmae
10-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Tough call. I do so despise the Trooper and its endless incarnations of senseless repaints. Not one of my picks made it because of these endless pimped out painted posers. And so once again the crap hits the fan (and by fan I mean the SW fan who prefers quality over quantity).

ditto, i got quantity already, i used to be big on the clones and holographic figs and rarely get any now. i'll save some bucks, think i'm just gonna boycott the legends from here on out except for the occasional watto's box figure they can't make. lets see if i can do the same for the ugh's too.

figrin bran
10-03-2007, 11:08 PM

My first figures during the vintage days were Death Star Droid, Walrus Man, Hammerhead. Given a choice, I always picked droids or aliens over core characters. And like Chux, I have a hard time believing that kids are so incredibly different nowadays.

Beast
10-03-2007, 11:11 PM
My first figures during the vintage days were Death Star Droid, Walrus Man, Hammerhead. Given a choice, I always picked droids or aliens over core characters. And like Chux, I have a hard time believing that kids are so incredibly different nowadays.
Same here. Aliens and droids were cool. The main heroes were boring. :)

Though I will admit, I did play with Snowtrooper a lot. But he was no ordinary trooper... he was 'Supertrooper'. Who was a superhero cause he had a cape. Unfortunatly he was more interested in having a cup of coffee over saving the damsel in distress, so she was always dead or maimed by the time he arrived. :D

Qui-Long Gone
10-03-2007, 11:23 PM
so she was always dead or maimed by the time he arrived. :D

It happens :D

My daughter is into SW (she's 5) and she's a bigger fan of the heroes than aliens, but I was always a fan of both....but I would not have been a fan of the heroes WITHOUT the aliens....I will say however that one of her favorite figures is Jabba....

stillakid
10-04-2007, 12:23 AM
I will say however that one of her favorite figures is Jabba....

I like the one with the goo.... :smoker: Did I say that out loud? :sur:

Sinscia Fat'o
10-04-2007, 06:03 PM
i was always more into the core characters than the aliens (With Fett and Hammmer head being the exception to the rule) though i always liked both, but if i seen a new version of han i would get it over bib fortuna or snaggle tooth etc.

TheDarthVader
10-04-2007, 08:45 PM
From the OT, I will buy every alien, droid, jabba palace figure, or pilot figure that Hasbro makes. Those are the best figures IMO.

Hey Sal, I do see your point. Those two jedi figures are not just "wow" figures.

Beast
10-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Jedi News got the standings of the Top 20. And gave hope that some of the other figures might see re-release eventually. I'm shocked at how bad Ephant Mon did. :(

Thanks for allowing us to have our say in the 2008 Saga Legends voting. Any chance we could get a complete list of the final standings for all the 20 figures included? Also, will any of the other 15 finalists be considered for re-packs anytime soon?

James - Thank you for getting your readers to participate. The final order, based on # of votes:

1. Shadow Stormtrooper
2. Commander Neyo
3. Covert Ops Clone Trooper
4. Utapau Shadow Trooper
5. Zev Senesca.
6. ARC Trooper (Clone Wars) red & gray
7. Clone Trooper Pilot w/ball turret
8. Clone Trooper (Saleucami)
9. Zutton
10. R3-A2
11. Graxol Kelvyyn
12. Ephant Mon
13. Stormtrooper (Vintage OTC)
14. Colonel Wulf Yalaren
15. Coleman Trebor
16. Pablo-Jill
17. Chewbacca
18. Gungan Warrior (Fambaa set)
19. Sio Bibble
20. Bespin Guard

We are considering more of these for release in future lines beyond Saga Legends, but don't have any specifics. Suffice to say, it was great to get the fans and fansites involved in the character selection and it will have a great impact on things we do both in Saga Legends and elsewhere. Thanks again!

Kidhuman
10-13-2007, 05:33 PM
1. Shadow Stormtrooper - no freakin way
2. Commander Neyo - Can still find him in stores and is 07 at that.
3. Covert Ops Clone Trooper - crap
4. Utapau Shadow Trooper - ^^^^
5. Zev Senesca. - understandable
6. ARC Trooper (Clone Wars) red & gray - can understand this one as it was short ran
7. Clone Trooper Pilot w/ball turret - this one also. Nice Accessory for the Gunships
8. Clone Trooper (Saleucami) - Can still find him in stores and is 07 at that.
9. Zutton - Blue version ok, not everyone wanted to buy the Kmart 3 pack
10. R3-A2 - Droid, ok with it
11. Graxol Kelvyyn - needed as Watto's box was so VHTF
12. Ephant Mon- Need I say more
13. Stormtrooper (Vintage OTC) - It will be released over and oer again, dont sweat it
14. Colonel Wulf Yalaren - I wouldnt want a repack, wait for knee articulation
15. Coleman Trebor - Background Jedi, why not
16. Pablo-Jill - HTF in the POTC line
17. Chewbacca - Wat? I can et you tis years and last years version of im in the legends line
18. Gungan Warrior (Fambaa set) - Understandable
19. Sio Bibble - Needed, VHTF first go around
20. Bespin Guard - dont need this version, await the repaint for the black version.

bigbarada
10-13-2007, 07:40 PM
They should rerelease Ephant Mon and Colonel Yularen regardless of how they placed in the top 20.

Did anyone vote for EP3 Chewie, Electronic Artoo or Droid Factory Threepio? Of course not, but we're still swimming in them right now.:mad:

jedi master sal
10-13-2007, 07:44 PM
I recall looking at many of the top vote getters from each of the websites and not only was Ephant Mon robbed but so was Graxol. Those two should have been in.

New flash: Hasbro would not allow either of them to be in the top 5 as they are BIG figures and Hasbro would lose money on one or the other or both.

Sorry friends, I really think we won't see Ephont Mon on card again. Maybe, just maybe in a battle pack/scene pack for Jabba's palace. The latter making the most sense. Hopefully with a Yarna figure. Even if it's an internet exclusive.

El Chuxter
10-13-2007, 08:07 PM
The results were skewed by Hasbro so as to not make them have to re-release any oversized figures again. They'll never convince me otherwise. I no longer trust any of them.

bigbarada
10-14-2007, 01:53 AM
The results were skewed by Hasbro so as to not make them have to re-release any oversized figures again. They'll never convince me otherwise. I no longer trust any of them.

But they still released Hermi Odle this year along with Umpass Stay (who is huuuuuge if you include his accessories). I'm convinced that they only lost money on Ephant Mon back in 2002 because the figures were only $5 back then (remember the big post-POTJ price drop?). And if they lost money, then wouldn't it be in their best interests to rerelease the figure and try to at least break even?

orionlukteel
10-14-2007, 04:03 AM
Man, I can't believe that list didn't include more EU options, like Grand Admiral Thrawn (I know, been done, but still), Talon Karrde, or my personal favorite, Covert Ops Oola.

Dutch, Wedge, and Porkins still need to be trotted out (again, for the latter), with a better sculpt this time.:thumbsup: