PDA

View Full Version : No Yarna is 2008 - maybe I'll just quit collecting.

Droid
09-29-2007, 05:35 PM
From http://www.swcollector.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5303#5303

3.) With a new Max Rebo Band set coming out, could we finally be close to getting a figure of Jabba's palace dancer Yarna del' Gargan?

ANSWER: She's on the short list of ones we would like to do next, but we have not confirmed so. Hopefully by 2009.

She may be the most requested figure from the FILMS from Hasbro's own poll, but they still consider her just on the short list. They have had year after year after year to get this figure done and Hasbro won't even commit to get the figure made by the end of 2009, over two years from now? I think it is just spite.

It is days from October and I have never seen all of the figures from Waves 1, 2, 4, or 5. I have not seen all the figures I would have bought from Wave 3 if there had been adequate quantities. And this is with daily trips to the stores looking for figures. And Hasbro continues to assure us Legends is not hurting our chances of finding NEW figures.

Maybe I'll just quit collecting. Hasbro can not see the danger it is in with the Star Wars line. JediTricks posted a thread about how he could see himself just walking away. If Hasbro loses the core collecting community, if we walk away in disgust, they will be left with only the children they claim carry the line. And then at long last they will learn the children were not the ones keeping the line profitable.

They can deliver the Lucas Family through an exclusive, but they REFUSE to produce Yarna. If she is such a gamble for them we could give them any number of packs to put her in with figures they would feel for comfortable with. Or they could just sell her as an over priced exclusive.

I am so sick of the way Hasbro treats collectors I could just lose it.

If anyone needs me I'll be off debating whether I should buy any more figures. What is the point if they aren't going to make the figures we want?

Kidhuman
09-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Well, they are caving, it has gone from never, to possibly to a possibly date.

Beast
09-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Well, they are caving, it has gone from never, to possibly to a possibly date.
Exactly. At least she's on the short list.

That's the most positive thing we've heard in years.

Droid
09-29-2007, 06:25 PM
This is not positive at all. It has been 12 years into the modern line and they still can't get this done in the next two years? They have pretty much confirmed Ice Cream Maker Guy, but can't confirm her?

They made fun of us with their "April Fool's Joke" and so many of you said, "Relax, they're only doing that because they are making her." Well even after that slap in the face it is still a maybe.

Well maybe they won't get any more of my money.

Beast
09-29-2007, 07:02 PM
How is saying she's on the shortlist of who they actually want to do, but they just don't have her on the schedule yet.... not positive. At least it means that she's coming eventually. They just need to find a wave to place her in '08 or '09. It's a hell of a lot more positive than what we've heard in the Tonnika Sisters situation.

Droid
09-29-2007, 08:47 PM
It is not positive because they could make her and choose not to. We could have had her fifteen times already. They have chosen to do three Hammerhead sculpts, countless clones, and continue to refuse to do the most requested figure from the films in just about every poll. They make fun of the fans, know the strong support for this figure, and continue to just not make her.

There may not be a Star Wars line in 2010 and if we are all just patient until then they might say, "Still on the short list. Be patient!"

Enough time has passed that there could only be one positive statement: we are making her and here is when.

Have you noticed how many figures they describe as being on their short list? It is not a very short list.

After 12 years of not getting this figure they should have more than a hope to do her some day.

And this isn't just me complaining about the figure I want. She tops the lists nearly every single time when it comes to figures fans want from the films.

Steve Sansweet said she is the figure he most wants. This is not asking for some obscure figure.

bigbarada
09-29-2007, 09:57 PM
I saw her on a rumor list for 2008 and I let myself get my hopes up.:upset:

Droid
09-29-2007, 10:06 PM
I saw her on a rumor list for 2008 and I let myself get my hopes up.:upset:

Hey, they claim she is on some list and they'd like to make her some day so that is just as good, isn't it?

bigbarada
09-29-2007, 10:22 PM
I guess we should be happy that we get to spend yet another year swimming in Clone repaints so the losers can have their silly little armies.:mad:

El Chuxter
09-29-2007, 10:50 PM
She is consistently the most requested movie character who has not been made.

She came in third in the poll last year. Considering that Hasbro didn't have the decency to tell the people who voted for Quinlan that they were wasting votes, she came in second.

She lost to Revan by a margin of less than 1%--even more impressive considering how many figures were in the finals, and how many votes must've been wasted voting for Quinlan, Neyo, and other figures who were already planned.

Yet Hasbro considers Revan to be a "mandate" (they must've gotten their definition from Dubya, who thinks 51%/49% is a mandate), and they're making at least three KOTOR figures. No testing the waters, just blam two this year and one next. (And likely more.)

Yet, with Yarna, they tease us with her, then tell us it's a joke. Many, myself included, assume that no company would ever have such callous disregard for their customers, and this is an indication she's planned.

What will it take to get that one f***ing figure?

I have never known a company to have such s****y customer relations. Defend them if you will, and I'm not b****ing that Revan and pals are getting made. But the fact remains: in very few businesses will customers so directly inform you of what they want, no strings attached, just a few figure requests. Just, "Can we please have ____?" And they obviously know we want her. Why not just make the fat broad? Christ, make her an exclusive, put her in a Battlepack--we might complain about how much she costs, but we'll buy her, and you'll never hear us complain about her again.

I just really do not understand Hasbro. We tell them what we want to spend our money on, and they laugh at us and keep making frigging clones. The clones are already pegwarming. There's going to be a real problem with them if this keeps up even for one or two more years.

plasticfetish
09-30-2007, 05:18 AM
Oooh. I was too busy hating the way Hasbro treats collectors here, as I open my Hermi Odle figure, and put him up next to his friends M'iiyoom, Elis, CZ-4, cartoon Fett, McChewy, McVader, McSnowtrooper and McWhatever-the-frick-else we ask for and they eventually give it to us, to chime in... but yeah, if I don't get Yarna soon, I'll... I'll...scream.

:neutral:

Seriously. That April fools joke just gets funnier and funnier every time I read hysterical ranting about how Hasbro doesn't want to make this figure. I mean fine... Hasbro has been really weird about listening and responding to fans in the past, but you can't say that they haven't tried lately. What other company puts as much effort into fielding questions, and what other company works as closely with the fans? Is it Sideshow? Oh yeah... the company that lets you see their product maybe a day before it goes up for pre order. Seriously... who else?

You're adults that collect toys, and you may dislike the product, and you may hate how p*ss poorly it's distributed to the stores, but you shouldn't be too terribly surprised by the whole development process. Not at this point anyway.

I'd trade 20 clone variations for one figure like Yarna, but that's just me... and like it or not, I've gotta know that the toy world doesn't revolve around what I like or want. And things haven't developed to where they have today... to where we're getting (at least in theory) great, obscure and frankly ugly figures like Hermi Odle during a completely "off" year for Star Wars, thanks to a bunch of whining.

We get what we want by dishing up constructive criticism and levelheaded feedback about whatever Hasbro decides it's going to bring to market. Besides, Hasbro knows your full McCr*p when you say you'll "walk away." The fact that you'd take this much time to complain tells them that you're hooked forever, because "Star Wars is forever" ...or at least that's what I've heard anyway.

Droid
09-30-2007, 09:18 AM
It is hard to get excited about this year's figures when I can't find them even when I am looking every day. I can't imagine how many casual collectors have given up on collecting because they only pop into the stores once in a while and see only the Legends line. Maybe they assume Hasbro stopped making new figures.

When you compare the thousands of dollars a year I spent during the POTF2 era to the hundreds I spend now it is because Hasbro is not putting out as many new original trilogy figures that I can find in the stores. No other reason. When I look at 1998 or some other year where there was waves like Zuckuss, Ishi Tibb, Piett, Vader with removable helmet, etc. I just can't believe where we are now. They could still be doing that. There are still so many untapped figures. Seriously, explain to me why in their reasoning there has not been a carded Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise or a good Death Star II Luke? It meets ever criteria they would want. Main character. Accessible to kids. High collector demand. But no, they put them on a short list. Be patient. Maybe someday if you are good.

They have lost money because of their decisions. This just isn't fun anymore. Between their disrespect, distribution, and figure choices they are very close to losing me and many others like me. See JediTricks' could you walk away post.

El Chuxter
09-30-2007, 11:24 AM
PF, there's a difference between "We realize you want Yarna, but don't want to make all the highly-requested figures at one point, so that there will still be things to look forward to in the future. We do plan to get to her, but can't commit to anything now" and "You want Yarna? You want a toy of a fat chick with six boobs? Okay, it's coming out next year! SIKE!! Yeah, we're never making that turd. We got you good, b****! Oh, you should've seen the look of joy on your face, only to have it crushed five seconds later. I wish I had my camera; that would totally be on YouTube. Here, have thirty more plaid Clonetroopers."

stillakid
09-30-2007, 11:36 AM
I guess we should be happy that we get to spend yet another year swimming in Clone repaints so the losers can have their silly little armies.:mad:

What if someone collected an army of Yarnas? :sur:

El Chuxter
09-30-2007, 11:58 AM
That would be a lot of breasts.

bigbarada
09-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Seriously, explain to me why in their reasoning there has not been a carded Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise

And yet, they made a carded figure of Han Solo in AT-ST Driver disguise, a figure that NOBODY asked for.:mad:

bigbarada
09-30-2007, 12:59 PM
What if someone collected an army of Yarnas? :sur:

Then lookout when they all start lactating at the same time. :eek:

El Chuxter
09-30-2007, 01:15 PM
And yet, they made a carded figure of Han Solo in AT-ST Driver disguise, a figure that NOBODY asked for.:mad:

And which technically shouldn't exist, since all he did was put on the damned hat.

jjreason
09-30-2007, 01:24 PM
There will be no figure from Yarna D'al Gargan, of this I'm quite certain... for the reasons Droid stated above.

We could have and should have had her already - but since some tool wrote in her bio that her occupation was something akin to a prostitute at some point in the last 20 years... we'll never get her. Ever.

Give up now, and save yourself the disappointment of hoping to see her name included on any list of upcoming SW figures for ever and ever Amen.

Not going to happen.

Jargo
09-30-2007, 01:36 PM
i'll take a Q&A answer over a rumour list anyday. but until I see the prototype figure in pics. no excitement or hope. though it would be quite cool if Lucas included her in the live action tv show and completely squashed that EU drivel bio. in fact a public burning of that tales from Jabba's palace book would be cool. i'd buy tickets for that.

El Chuxter
09-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Tales from Jabba's Palace wasn't the best, but that's not where the prostitute rumor comes from. In that story, her husband is killed, she's sold into slavery, and she is trying to free her cubs (also owned by Jabba). She's actually quite noble, and winds up marrying Sgt Doallyn in the afterword. (Don't ask how that works, since he can't survive in oxygen-rich atmospheres. Just throw disbelief to the wind here.)

I don't even think the prostitute thing came from any official source, either, just an offhand comment someone made at some point.

Jargo
09-30-2007, 01:57 PM
there's a reference in the story about how denizens of the palace take advantage of her. it's a veiled reference. almost throwaway but it implies the same.

i still think the book should be burned. it's terrible literature. amateurish writing.

2-1B
09-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Do they still have the old vintage mold from the prototype ?

I bet if they ever do get around to her, it'll be a McYarna to go with all those other silly McQuarrie figures. lol

DarkArtist
09-30-2007, 06:19 PM
I still don't think this figure will ever see the light of day. I mean first the figure must be improved by Lucas before being released. 2nd think about it, we asked for the Galactic Marine to be made and now all we see on the pegs are dozens of these guyus along with Airborne Trooper and the Legends Clones. 3rd, imagine the negative feedback this figure will generate from the dozens of irate parents who are going to question this figure. I mean can you imagine a kid going to his mother and asking for the figure, let's face it, it's a six breasted dancer, not something I would want my son (if I had one) to be playing with.

If hasbro is going to do this figure they should make it a mail-away figure or something this way it's not pegwarming, because I can already see it doing just that.

stillakid
09-30-2007, 07:30 PM
There will never be a Yarna figure. If Hasbro is going to tone down the Han Torture Rack to something no more threatening than a stubbed toe, what makes anyone think that Hasbro is going to release a character with multiple exposed boobs. Seriously. They can make an army of violent oppressive soldiers from a repressive regime, but Yarna won't get made.

plasticfetish
09-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm betting we'll see her in the next few years. Hasbro needs to milk this line for a while, and before they get to the point where they're putting Star Wars characters on choppers again, I'm sure they'll do Yarna.

figrin bran
09-30-2007, 08:55 PM
I still don't think this figure will ever see the light of day. I mean first the figure must be improved by Lucas before being released. 2nd think about it, we asked for the Galactic Marine to be made and now all we see on the pegs are dozens of these guyus along with Airborne Trooper and the Legends Clones. 3rd, imagine the negative feedback this figure will generate from the dozens of irate parents who are going to question this figure. I mean can you imagine a kid going to his mother and asking for the figure, let's face it, it's a six breasted dancer, not something I would want my son (if I had one) to be playing with.

If hasbro is going to do this figure they should make it a mail-away figure or something this way it's not pegwarming, because I can already see it doing just that.

I've said this before - Yarna will be the Celebration V exclusive figure! :p

The Galactic Marine is a whole different story, DA, as it shipped in multiple assortments. Apparently too many assortments as supply has exceeded demand in many areas. However, you can bet that Yarna, were she to be made, would most likely be in one or at the most 2 assortments and most likely be a 1 per case.

Beast
09-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Are you trying to say that Hasbro is controlled by the GOP now? :stupid: Anyway, back on topic...

I'm betting we'll see her in the next few years. Hasbro needs to milk this line for a while, and before they get to the point where they're putting Star Wars characters on choppers again, I'm sure they'll do Yarna.
Agreed. They're all but saying she'll be out either in '08 or '09 in that reply.

Hell, look how long it took for us to get really interesting Jabba's Palace aliens. We only got Ephant Mon a couple years ago, and we're finally getting Hermi Odle. And there's still a lot of aliens to tap from both the Cantina and Jabba's. It's not like they can make them all in one year. People need to learn patience.

DarthQuack
09-30-2007, 09:16 PM
I just love her big funbags.

Jargo
10-01-2007, 12:17 PM
they're not breasts they're fat rolls. seriously, look at claire Davenport, the lady was the possessor of a stomach like a massive lump of uncooked bread dough. the costume is just straps. the fact they cut into her fatty stomach and her stomach bulged and oozed over the top doesn't make them breasts. just just a fat fat chick that dances. as part of the palace entertainment set up. shove her in a twin-pack with a more articulated Oola and be done with it. Dancing slaves. end of.

El Chuxter
10-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Maybe that was the original intent, but EU says they're breasts and, like it or not, Hasbro sticks pretty close to the EU. (Anyone who bought Dannik Jerriko would say too close.)

Jargo
10-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Oh. I wrote a big counter argument and then couldn't be bothered with it so i'll just go back to the 'wait and see' approach and if they make her I'll buy her and if not then they suck.

Droid
10-01-2007, 02:35 PM
They made Slave Leia, Oola, Rystal, Lyn Me, Greata, Aay Vida, and Shakka, but somehow they can't make Yarna? Give me a break.

Mister Roboto
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM
They made Slave Leia, Oola, Rystal, Lyn Me, Greata, Aay Vida, and Shakka, but somehow they can't make Yarna? Give me a break.

They made Djas Puhr and Kitik Keed'kak, and if you don't own the widescreen version of the films, you never see them.

stillakid
10-01-2007, 03:02 PM
They made Djas Puhr and Kitik Keed'kak, and if you don't own the widescreen version of the films, you never see them.

Yeah, so anyone with pan & scan versions of the movies should return their action figures immediately! :mad:

Mister Roboto
10-01-2007, 06:53 PM
I only had the full screen VHS tapes until the DVDs came out. Its amazing how much gets cut off. Yarna on the other hand was easy to spot. Unlike some background aliens that already have figures, she had plenty of camera time.

2-1B
10-01-2007, 08:51 PM
they're not breasts they're fat rolls. seriously, look at claire Davenport, the lady was the possessor of a stomach like a massive lump of uncooked bread dough. the costume is just straps. the fact they cut into her fatty stomach and her stomach bulged and oozed over the top doesn't make them breasts. just just a fat fat chick that dances. as part of the palace entertainment set up. shove her in a twin-pack with a more articulated Oola and be done with it. Dancing slaves. end of.

Yeah, the character is even credited as "Fat Dancer", I believe...I myself never much cared for the "Six Breasted Dancer" name.

Qui-Long Gone
10-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Six is a bit much....three is not bad (see Total Recall) but six is overkill....

???? What was the question.....

El Chuxter
10-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Two weeks!

Two weeks!!

Sinscia Fat'o
10-02-2007, 12:21 PM
she'll be a online exclusive either through star wars shop or hasbro toy shop i'll bet cash money on that. I don't see them putting yarna on the shelves for the kiddies to get because of the whole six breast thingie, but ya never know for sure...hasbro has tested watrers with what they can get away with in the past... though if she is made, i will purchase her, though im in no rush for her.

General_Grievous
10-04-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm sick of complaining about Yarna. The way I see it, Hasbro knows that we won't stop asking. Which is why I think they'll make her by 2010.

El Chuxter
10-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Are you sick of complaining about rainbow-colored Clonetroopers, endless Darth Vader re-releases, poor distribution, rigged polls, and exclusives?

Devo
10-04-2007, 12:00 PM
My feelings are thus: I'd like them to make Yarna. However I have no more a particular fixation on this background character than I do for the likes of CZ-4 - and Hasbro made that guy. If they say they will get to her, but have other background characters lined up to be made before her, then its all the same to me. A diorama-filler is a diorama-filler, Hasbro goes beyond the call of duty to make characters that a sizeable portion of their market won't even recognise from the films and which they stand to maybe lose money on. And they usually do these figures well, I rarely have complaints about either the choice or the execution of background characters they put out. Apart from when they forget to paint certain parts that should be painted like the red panels on R5-D4's back.

Any complaints I have these days are about their main character sculpts, head sculpts that are inferior to previous ones or are either too big or too small (lately its the latter), and ill-advised articulation. And I complain about these things a lot but I still appreciate the lesser characters. Some people complain that 'we should have gotten this figure years ago'....what like during the pre-episode I days perhaps? Isn't it better we only get Hermi Odle now when they can do him proper justice - any figure that came out years ago would only have to be updated now anyway.

And now I'm about to contradict myself - we should have gotten a non-scene specific DSII duel Luke on a basic card years ago!! Of course, as we're learning the hard way lately, Hasbro isn't doing brilliantly with Luke figures or any core character figures for that matter so modern sculpting doesn't guarantee that a new DSII duel luke will be the revelation we all hope it will be.

General_Grievous
10-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Are you sick of complaining about rainbow-colored Clonetroopers, endless Darth Vader re-releases, poor distribution, rigged polls, and exclusives?

I'm at a point where don't even care anymore. I just pick out a handful of new figures that I plan on getting for the year and that's it. Hell, almost all of my TAC purchases have been from e-tailers. I haven't bothered with Target or Wal Mart since April.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Distribution sucked royally this summer, but things are starting to get better. Non-movie years always have terrible summers; this one just had more clones. Now three new waves are shipping together, so it's looking up.

I can't imagine how many casual collectors have given up on collecting because they only pop into the stores once in a while and see only the Legends line.
Yes, how terrible it must be for casual collectors to have action figures of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader, and Clone Troopers easily available. :rolleyes:

If the only reason you're collecting is because you want Yarna, then stop buying figures until they make her. It's as simple as that. I want her too but I also want other figures, so I can wait a while for her. This year we're getting or have gotten several great figures (along with some stinkers, of course) but nobody ever talks about them. Just calm the hell down about Yarna.

stillakid
10-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Ya rna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarn a.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna. Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Ya rna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.vYarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yar na.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna .Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Y arna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yar na.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna .Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Y arna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yar na.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna .Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Y arna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.Yarna.:yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes:

Qui-Long Gone
10-04-2007, 11:26 PM
I think you missed a Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Six Breasts Yarna Yarn Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Six Breasts Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Six Yarna Yarna Breasts Yarna Yarnalollollollollollollollollollollollollol

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Yarna gets a lot of screentime in her few short scenes and is center to those shots, she's way more visible than 90% of the Jabba's Palace figures we've gotten so far. There's no reason to not make her once they've done Oola and Slave Leia and dozens of sexified twi'lek girls - I fear part of the reason we're not getting Yarna is that she's a fatty and Hasbro thinks their only chance to sell girl action figures to little boys is if they're hotties. But no matter that, the whole point of this is that Hasbro's jerking our chain on this issue for no reasonable reason - they give us a little slack and then when it looks good they pull back and say "oops, maybe next time". There were 2 ROTJ waves this year she could have been added to but wasn't, instead monies were spent developing Yam Nose (M'iiyoom Onith) and Darth Trapjaw and a disappointing new Mace Windu - Jedi Pegwarmer; yet the top vote-getter from the movies in ToyFare's Fan Choice poll gets zip when we've gotten 10 other figures from that top 25 list, 8 of which got considerably lower numbers of votes than Yarna - but Yarna is the one that Hasbro treated as a joke.

they're not breasts they're fat rolls. seriously, look at claire Davenport, the lady was the possessor of a stomach like a massive lump of uncooked bread dough. the costume is just straps. the fact they cut into her fatty stomach and her stomach bulged and oozed over the top doesn't make them breasts. just just a fat fat chick that dances. You can see in the character design that they intended for her to be 6-breasted all along: http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yarnadalgargan/?id=bts
They're definitely breasts, the lower 4 are an appliance.

Qui-Long Gone
10-07-2007, 05:50 PM
she's way more visible than 90% of the Jabba's Palace figures we've gotten so far

She's also takes up nearly 90% of the screen per shot....:whip:

Sinscia Fat'o
10-08-2007, 12:54 PM
i wish they would just make her to silence the endless hordes of fan boys around the world. Not to offend anyone by saying that, since yes she is visable, yes she is interesting, yes she is a important EU character with reguards to what we know about Jabbas palace, but she has the appeal to casual collectors as that of ohhh whats his name The Rancor Keeper. Do we all recall how he did on the shelves? The fat man himself hung around until episode one stuff came out and even then he wasn't a hard find if you missed him. I know they'll make her eventually since they're going to keep churning out these things until kingdom come...some time in 2016...at least thats what the contract says, but everyone needs to give it time, a character like this with demand is something they want to keep back to give people that want her a surprise when she does come out.

El Chuxter
10-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Malakili should've been the pack-in with the Rancor, instead of that lousy Luke figure. It would've made a lot more sense. And I doubt anyone would complain. Who'd want Malakili without the Rancor?

stillakid
10-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Who'd want Malakili without the Rancor?

I love Malakili. He makes me feel special. I'm not sure I could live without him. He brings me comfort on cold nights. He inspires me to be more than I am. He makes me feel wanted, needed, desired. He is.... Malakili!!!! I revere him!!!! :love:

Droid
10-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Malakili should've been the pack-in with the Rancor, instead of that lousy Luke figure. It would've made a lot more sense. And I doubt anyone would complain. Who'd want Malakili without the Rancor?

It was stupid to release the Rancor Keeper so long before the Rancor.

You make an excellent point. Yes, the Rancor Keeper was not that exciting of a figure, but packed in with the Rancor it is a very good set. If someone is worried about Yarna, just pack her in with other figures. I'm sure Hasbro could create any number of interesting sets that would appeal to kids and collectors. They could be battle packs or one of those Toys R Us sets they're doing like the Episode II arena.

1. Chewbacca, Boushh, Sgt. Doallyn, Yarna, and Oola (repaint that makes
her look more green this time)
2. Jabba, Jabba's throne, Slave Leia that can recline on the throne, Yarna,
Jawa with fan or Salacious Crumb
3. Ephant Mon, Hermi Odle, Amanaman, Yarna, Oola
4. Jabba's Palace Ishi Tib, Vintage Klaatu, Yarna, Garmorrean Guard (resculpt), and Squid Face.

Check out this Lapti Nek video on YouTube, with some shots I had not seen before of Yarna and other Jabba's Palace characters:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RuDK8IgByTg

JediTricks
10-08-2007, 04:54 PM
i wish they would just make her to silence the endless hordes of fan boys around the world. Not to offend anyone by saying that, since yes she is visable, yes she is interesting, yes she is a important EU character with reguards to what we know about Jabbas palace, but she has the appeal to casual collectors as that of ohhh whats his name The Rancor Keeper. Do we all recall how he did on the shelves? The fat man himself hung around until episode one stuff came out and even then he wasn't a hard find if you missed him. I know they'll make her eventually since they're going to keep churning out these things until kingdom come...some time in 2016...at least thats what the contract says, but everyone needs to give it time, a character like this with demand is something they want to keep back to give people that want her a surprise when she does come out.My thinking is this: if they can make a Jar Jar figure (Naboo Swamp Jar Jar, aka "swimmy") or a snorefest like Senator Ask Aak or Rappertunie or J'quille or General Madine or Tanus Spijek sell by shortpacking it, certainly they can do it with the bizarre, fat, warty, 6-breasted alien dancer. And the Rancor Keeper is a fat, half-naked normal guy that nobody asked for at the time AND they overproduced it like a mofo.

Yarna's as interesting as the Lava Miner we just got, more noticeable than the Rebel Honor Guard and M'iiyoom Onith (Yam Nose) we just got, and got more votes than Darth Malak but we got him instead despite his wave being bookended by ROTJ waves.

Check out this Lapti Nek video on YouTube, with some shots I had not seen before of Yarna and other Jabba's Palace characters:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RuDK8IgByTgNice find! I've only heard about that video in rumor, never seen it before. That's a MUCH longer edit, and the music is different from the one in the movie (or the VHS copy's audio track degraded part of it). It's too bad the middle of it is so washed out, and how many times did Oola's top need to have a wardrobe malfunction in that movie before someone decided it was an issue??? :p

2-1B
10-08-2007, 09:59 PM
I this http://youtube.com/watch?v=MIw-ixRmwXU fits closer to George's original vision...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-19-2007, 08:33 PM
I never noticed that the front of Max's piano (not gonna call it an "organ" in this case) light up. Pretty cool.

Droid
10-19-2007, 10:35 PM
I also noticed the other day that at least in the non-Special Edition, when Oola falls into the Rancor pit, on the far right hand side of the screen (widescreen), Yarna can be seen laughing. Kind of makes the Expanded Universe story about her seem less credible, doesn't it?

Also, in the latest redraft DVD of Jedi, Pote Snitkin and Barada are seen clapping at the end of the Jedi Rocks song (before the band starts over and plays it again).

And the other day I finally spotted Bossk in Jabba's Palace. I could never find him there before. Kind of dumb Dengar, Bossk, and Boba Fett were all there.

JediTricks
10-20-2007, 01:07 AM
Max Rebo's red-ball organ lights up? I only noticed that the pipes beneath the keys opened, never noticed lights.

2-1B
10-20-2007, 04:17 AM
Yeah I think the pipes and stuff light up...crazy stuff.

Kidhuman
10-20-2007, 07:03 AM
Max Rebo's red-ball organ lights up? I only noticed that the pipes beneath the keys opened, never noticed lights.

Its a kid friendly website, please watch the posts. :D :whip:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-20-2007, 06:08 PM
I was referring to the part at 2:10 . . . now that you mention it, I can't tell if they're lighting up or opening due to the low quality of the video.

Qui-Long Gone
10-26-2007, 10:35 AM
I thought Rebo's balls were blue?

Droid
02-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Hasbro once answered a Q&A question as follows:

3.) With a new Max Rebo Band set coming out, could we finally be close to getting a figure of Jabba's palace dancer Yarna del' Gargan?

ANSWER: She's on the short list of ones we would like to do next, but we have not confirmed so. Hopefully by 2009.

This answer sent me on a tirade in this thread. I now see that Hasbro was saying maybe Yarna would be made by 2009, which would include 2008. I read it to read, "Maybe we'll get it done in 2009 or beyond, but not before."

I apologize to Hasbro. THANK YOU FOR MAKING YARNA!

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 03:30 PM
So, are they making her or not? The thread title is "No Yarna in 2008." But they said they were making her this fall.

I'm all confused.

Kidhuman
02-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Its a hoax, they took the April Fools day joke to the next level

General_Grievous
02-19-2008, 04:35 PM
So, are they making her or not? The thread title is "No Yarna in 2008." But they said they were making her this fall.

I'm all confused.

It says "No, Yarna IS 2008". Which means that nobody will remember anything about 2008 except for Yarna. In future history books, the year 2008 will be synonymous with Yarna D'al Gargan.

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 04:45 PM
It says "No, Yarna IS 2008". Which means that nobody will remember anything about 2008 except for Yarna. In future history books, the year 2008 will be synonymous with Yarna D'al Gargan.

Indeed. It is as was foretold by prophecy.

Its a hoax, they took the April Fools day joke to the next level

Hey, they did display a lot of really cool 25th Anniversary GIJoe figures at Comic-Con last year that they had no intention of releasing. As giddy as I am over the Yarna news, a small part of me refuses to believe it until someone actually buys one in a store.

Jargo
02-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Hey, they did display a lot of really cool 25th Anniversary GIJoe figures at Comic-Con last year that they had no intention of releasing.

I don't care if they shove her in a multi-pack of repainted action feature riddled pegwarmers as long as they get her out to the baying few. Though as with all my purchases these days I'll buy her loose from ebay. Let someone else wrestle with the twist ties, rubber bands and damn blister packaging. it's worth paying a little bit more for that convenience alone.