PDA

View Full Version : [Blanking] A GALAXY

stillakid
10-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Two of my favorite Star Wars items are the books "Dressing a Galaxy" and "Sculpting a Galaxy."

Like the "Art of..." books before, I really love this idea of creating a high quality package that concentrates specifically on one aspect of movie-making.

I got to wondering what other books could/should be made in this line.

"Illustrating a Galaxy" with illustrations, storyboards, and matte paintings/CG backgrounds.

"Building a Galaxy" that examines all of the constructed sets and locations used in all six films.

"Hearing a Galaxy" from John Williams and Ben Burtt with CD/DVD inserts that break down the music and soundtracks.

"Selling a Galaxy" about the marketing for Star Wars, including trailers, posters, toys...

"Casting a Galaxy" that does a page or so for every Actor and Extra who appears in a Star Wars film.

Any more you'd like to see?

Rocketboy
10-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Destroying a Galaxy - All about the EU.

stillakid
10-02-2007, 02:54 PM
EU. Good idea, though I think that it would have to be a little more commercially positive than that. :)

Maybe "Expanding a Galaxy."

El Chuxter
10-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Seducing a Galaxy: The Story of Lando Calrissian

Blue2th
10-02-2007, 06:17 PM
"Ignoring the Galaxy"

You walk around with your head to the ground, too busy with your own problems to worry about the whole Galaxy.

Rocketboy
10-02-2007, 07:38 PM
EU. Good idea, though I think that it would have to be a little more commercially positive than that. :)

Maybe "Expanding a Galaxy."I like my title better.

2-1B
10-02-2007, 07:46 PM
"Posting about a Galaxy" - The many faces of SirStevesGuide

Kidhuman
10-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Smothering a Galaxy - Story of Yarnas Hooker days.

Jayspawn
10-03-2007, 06:11 PM
I like the Casting a Galaxy idea. These are also among my favorite SW books.

Mister Roboto
10-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Annoying a Galaxy: The story of Jar Jar Binks.

Confusing a Galaxy: Why George Lucas introduced Midichlorians in Episode 1 and never mentioned them again.

Folding a Galaxy: How to make Oragami versions of Star Wars space ships.

Blue2th
10-03-2007, 10:31 PM
"Undressing a Galaxy": Gentleman's guide to all the strip clubs in the known universe.

Qui-Long Gone
10-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Chocolate Milky Way Galaxy: The Galaxy next to ours where SW is supposed to have taken place....

Bel-Cam Jos
10-05-2007, 07:28 PM
SERIOUS ANSWERS:
Generating a Galaxy: following the computer animation changes from mid-70s simplicity to 21st century realism (joke for its $299.95 edition to include an electronic hologram of Leia :D ).

Transforming our Galaxy: how SW has impacted popular culture and social interactions.

LESS SERIOUS ANSWERS:
Trading a Galaxy: the story of trading cards, even if you don't collect the cards, but...

Toying With a Galaxy or Blisterpacking a Galaxy: the story of SW toys.

Nitpicking a Galaxy: wondering why TIE Fighters had to run the Death Star trench when TIE Bombers could've just dropped, uh bombs on 'em; and how Obi-Wan could conveniently forget his Master Qui-Gon and consider Yoda his trainer.

NOT SERIOUS ANSWERS:
Bulkhead Bumping a Galaxy: following the hilarious goofs in the films.

Guy and Gal-axy: all the bad puns from the saga.

A Nova, a Pulsar, and a Galaxy Walk into a Cantina...: every single joke ever made, heard, or thought related to SW.

Shelving a [Blanking] a Galaxy Book: how-to guide for storing SW books and various library materials.

Qui-Long Gone
10-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Milking a Galaxy: Blue milk and other SW refreshments to make at home

stillakid
10-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Milking a Galaxy:

That title could be used to show how George has made a fortune off of one idea.

Qui-Long Gone
10-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I think that would be Whoring a Galaxy....

Blue2th
10-07-2007, 05:23 PM
I like the original "Blanking a Galaxy" If you put it out of your mind long enough, it doesn't exist.
Or if your mind goes blank all of a sudden when you were just trying to explain the galaxy.