PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 39

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on Friday, October 19th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 38 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=716); to ActionFigs.com's questions (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1384); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=510). The questions we asked last round can be found here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=574260#post574260).

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

- Canadaian collectors miss out on a many of the US-only store exclusives. Any chance Canadians could have every exclusive figure/vehicle/combination made available on shop.starwars.com after their shelf runs in the US stores?
- If Hasbro feels that mid-sized vehicles is the way to go, then will we be seeing more airspeeders and landspeeders in the forseeable future? Some of the airspeeders are pretty much snubfighter sized.
- Eventually will all the Episode III Clone Commanders be released as an entire set?
- In recent years, many Darth Vader figures have included a silver piece of fabric material around the neck to represent the chain that holds Vader's cape on. However, every time this feature has been included, the "chain" ends up looking too big and out-of-place, while Vader figures that do not include this chain end up looking much better. In the interest of accuracy, could the chain either be scaled down (to better match its look in Episodes III, V, and VI), or done as sculpted plastic (as on earlier incarnations), or simply left off (as in Episode IV) on future Darth Vader figures?
- Some collectors missed out on the Vintage-style figures and now must look to ebay and other wretched hives of scum and villainy for these fine figures. What is the likelihood of seeing any or all of those Vintage-style figures rereleased and getting more of collectors' money directly? (They'd prefer to give it to you rather than overpriced after-market guys.)
- Will we be seeing the Titanium AOTC Jedi Starfighter repainted in all the color schemes the figure scale one has come in (Clone Wars teal, Saesee Tiin's, Kit Fisto's), the way it is currently slated for a Plo Koon repaint?
- The Snowspeeder has only been an exclusive item in the past two releases for it where prior releases were regular mass-retail. Why the exclusivity and accompanying higher pricepoint on this vehicle? If it's due to its somewhat large size compared to other vehicles, could it be scaled down to accurate proportions (since it is actually a little too large as-is) and released in the $20 line?
- Are there folks today at Hasbro who were working on the Star Wars line back when it was reborn in 1995? Was there any clue behind-the-scenes back then that the Star Wars toy line would garner such a huge adult collector following? Were adult collectors considered at all on any level back then when forging the line's beginnings? What do you folks think of the extensive adult collector enthusiasm for the line today, 12 years later?
- Why is it that Hasbro produces some vehicles that are incredibly difficult, even impossible, to fit regular figures inside such as the Ep 1 Flash Speeder, or Ep 2 Zam's & Anakin's Speeder?
- Twice during the prequels, a vehicle toy's MSRP was dropped significantly without any changes to its mold - the first being the Episode I Naboo Royal Starship which went from $100 to $50, and the second being the Republic Gunship which in the Saga line was $40 but subsequent releases were $30. What were the causes of these price drops? Why hasn't this happened with other vehicles in similar high pricepoints?
- With there being so much competition in regards to high end collecting with other licensees, has Hasbro considered perhaps making the figures' accessories out of metal like the already established saber hilts from the 2002 Saga line? (This was even recently used again with the reissued Sith Training Darth Maul from the end of the TSC line.) They could also do it this time with blasters and other non-lightsaber accessories as well.
- Hasbro still seems to be focusing a lot on Revenge of the Sith. The Target-exclusive Order 66 packs seemed to do alright with casual consumers and hardcore fans, so would Hasbro consider making similar packs based on Attack of the Clones? For example, a clone trooper in each pack with either a Jedi or a Separatist force.
- The new Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper role-play blasters are pretty cool and seem to be selling fairly well out of the gate. With that in mind, will Hasbro be offering more role-play weapons such as all-new sculpts of Han's blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster (with more accurate size and folded stock under the barrel), Biker Scout pistol, and perhaps even larger ones like the Hoth Rebel rifle and Clone Trooper long rifle?
- What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?
- In the SW Republic #31 Comic 2pack, why does the A'Sharad Hett figure come with the traditional "bandage wrapped" Tusken Raider head coverings rather than the accurate "leather wrapped"-style one that he wore in the comics which made him visually unique? What do you say to A'Sharad Hett fans that are going to be disappointed they're not getting the character as accurately as they hoped?
- A few Battlepacks have featured Jedi, a Clone Commander, and three Clone Troopers. Will we see this concept applied to more sets in the future, perhaps something like Ki-Adi-Mundi, a grittier repaint of Commander Bacara, and three Galactic Marines? What about extending this idea to the other films beyond Ep III?
- Many collectors have noted that Moff Jerjerrod was not a great seller and can still be found in stores, while it seemed as though Admiral Ozzel, Captain Piett, and Grand Moff Tarkin seemed to have sold better. There are times where Hasbro really nails a likeness, but unfortunately Moff Jerjerrod did not look like the actor and had an angry facial expression not seen in Return of the Jedi. Would Hasbro ever consider resculpting this figure or does the perceived poor performance of the Jerjerrod figure make it unlikely he would ever be revisited. Do you agree that if this figure sold poorly it may have been in part because of a poor likeness?
- Would Hasbro consider releasing a complete set of clone troopers with only a basic, plain white deco? Many customizers would enjoy having a blank clone to decorate with their own designs, and regular fans could enjoy the uniform look - the white AT-RT Driver from the Ep 3 Commemorative Tin set looks great and is easy to customize. So how about a box set with all the various clone types without specialized deco or even weathering? It could even be offered in simpler packaging, white mailer boxes with simple baggies.
- The idea of having 2 Battle Droids on a single basic card is a good one, as it lets fans build up armies quickly and cheaply. However, the Saga Legends Battle Droid 2packs feature very distinct-looking droids - the first set has a Commander, and the others all have battle damage - resulting in droids not suited for army-building due to identical markings. Will future versions of this 2pack be released in "clean" versions for more army-building potential? In the same vein, will this set ever be retooled to allow the droids to hold the blaster with both hands as the movies consistently showed them, and a few previous figures emulated?
- In the Galactic Heroes line we have just gotten an AT-AT Commander and Driver figures. Might that increase chances of getting a Galactic Heroes AT-AT?
- Since the Saga Legends line is geared more towards selling to casual collectors and kids, has there been any consideration about releasing them primarily only around the Christmas build-up time when the demand for toys is at its peak?
- With Commander Neyo from the Treachery on Saleucami set being among the winners of the Saga Legends fan choice poll, would you please pack in a second, generic belt with him the way you're doing with the Gray Clone Commander figure in the Saga Legends line? That way, the Neyo-style troopers could be represented by this same figure (remove the pauldron, swap the belt, voila), leading to more sales of the guy.
- Why are nearly all of the Galactic Heroes figures smiling, even bad guys like Tarkin and the AT-AT Commander?
- In the Art of Revenge of the Sith book, there was a detailed piece of concept art from Aaron McBride of the Mon Calamari Female Dancer. The concept is applied in ROTS as the dancers in the Squid Lake scene (yes, it's really called that). What are the chances of seeing this Mon Cal Dancer design turned into a figure, especially using the striking design from the concept art? And if you were to make her into a figure, would you give her a name?
- Due to the unpopularity of the character, is it unlikely that Hasbro will revisit Jar Jar Binks with a super articulated figure? He is definitely a character that would warrant such articulation due to his onscreen antics (no matter how obnoxious), and we haven't seen a new figure of him in quite a while, he could use an upgrade and the kiddies would probably want him.
- As the pit droids have been rereleased recently, has there been any consideration to a Pod Race battle pack? There's plenty of figures now available: Gasgano, Ody Mandrell, Teemto Pagalies, Dud Bolt, Mars Guo, Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, Watto, several different DUM Pit Droids, the Otoga 222 Pit Droid, and the spider cleanup droid. And we could use Sebulba's massage chair. Oh, and of course we could always use more new pod race pilots.
- With the Star Wars team splitting their time with Indiana Jones and the Clone Wars CGI cartoon coming next year, how many new sculpts does Hasbro estimate we'll be seeing for Star Wars Original Trilogy figures in the basic carded line?
- While the TAC line has been doing great designs with aliens and armored figures, a lot of fans feel there have been a number of misfires with main characters in this line. Luke Yavin and Tatooine's headsculpts and decos, Mace Windu's head, Vintage Leia Endor's long neck and inaccurate face deco, Lando in smuggler outfit's new head design and its rolled-back-in-his-head eyes, Vintage Luke Bespin's likeness, and everything about Han Torture Rack from the odd head to the mismatched proportions of the body. And it's not like we always need resculpted heads, POTJ Bespin Leia and Early Bird Kit Luke already have superior likenesses. So what is happening here?
- Will each of the 6 films be getting its own wave in 2008? If not, which film won't be getting its own wave?
- Considering that the body for CZ-4 was also used in A New Hope in the Sandcrawler (CZ-1) and in Mos Eisley (CZ-3), will we ever see a repaint of the CZ-4 figure to be these new characters? They could be done as a running change or put into Battlepacks.
- With the new Clone Wars line coming up, will you be going back to the original series to make figures for characters who didn't get them, whether or not they appear in this new CGI series? Figures like Holographic Sidious on walking mechano-chair, Scuba Troopers, Space Clone Troopers, Plo Koon in armor, IG Lancer Droids (perhaps with its swoop bike), General Oro Dassyne all would make good candidates from the first series.
- There are a bunch of alien and droid figures from the POTF2 era that have yet to see upgrades such as: Nien Nunb, Ree Yees, Saelt-Marae (Yak Face), Orrimaarko (Prune Face), Admiral Ackbar, EV-9D9, ASP-7, Ishi Tib, Lak Sivrak, etc.. Is it likely that these guys will be upgraded with better sculpts and articulation in the foreseeable future or are we likely stuck with the ones we have?
- Since there has been buzz about doing a Willrow Hood (the guy holding the ice cream maker) figure, is there a chance you'll also visit other obscure Cloud City characters such as Treva Horme, Wiorkettle, and Utris M'toc? They're more visually interesting than Hood, and M'toc is a security officer so he could a little army-builder potential.
- Will the 2008 Wave 1 Mustafar Lava Droid & Platform have pegs on them so Obi-Wan, Anakin, and the Mustafar Lava Miner can stand on them?
- For some reason, nearly all the Jedi Luke figures have been from Jabba's Palace with permanent vests. The only Death Star II version in recent memory is the rather unfortunate Saga figure with its rather unfortunate action gimmick, preposed body, and bizarre face sculpt. The newest Jedi Luke (TAC #25) has a cloth vest but it's not meant to be removed and the costume underneath is incomplete for Death Star II Luke. In ToyFare's Fans Choice poll, this was the only version of Luke to make the top 25 (and 3 characters who got less votes have already been made as figures now). So, do you have any plans to make a Death Star II Jedi Luke at this point? If not, why has this popular version been continuously overlooked in favor of Jabba's Palace Luke?
- Hypothetically, assuming there were 2 large battle packs coming out this holiday season, 1 from ESB and another from ROTJ, and both of these sets had versions of the AT-ST vehicle in them, why so many AT-STs at once? Granted, some collectors still don't have a version of the AT-ST vehicle, but would they really want 2 different sets with them coming out at the same time, hypothetically speaking?
- With the inclusion of KotOR charaters Darth Revan and Darth Malak in the TAC line, and Darth Nihilus in one of the upcoming Evolutions packs, is Hasbro considering including KotOR vehicles in the Titanium 3" line such as the Ebon Hawk, Leviathon, and Sith Fighter?
- Hasbro's made it clear that the McQuarrie Signature series concept figures have exceeded expectations. There's plenty more concept art designs to mine for new takes on main characters, villains, creatures, and more. With the Evolutions line returning with new concepts, would Hasbro consider doing a McQuarrie- or concept-art-inspired Evolutions pack, showing the different stages of a character from inception to finalization? Also, can we hope to see concept figures from ROTJ some day?
- With the awesome VOTC Boba Fett figure released in the Saga Legends line, might we get an ESB-themed repaint with the green gauntlets, darker jumpsuit, brown cape, green rocketpack, and white gloves?Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

Kidhuman
10-05-2007, 03:39 PM
LAst vote to this question:

With the Clonew Wars figures, will you be going back to the original series to make figures for characters who didnt get figures like Dooku, Banking Clan members, Sidious....etc.

What I am refering to is the figures from the non animated line that were not produced, IG Lancer Droid, Dooku, Sidious, the Alien that met up with Dooku when he went to see the fight to find someone to kill Anakin.....

Add 20, 21, 23 for my votes along with that question if you add it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2007, 05:04 PM
4, 16, 19, 25, 28 (something could be added as to how they used to use the same head for multiple figures)

New question:
*Considering that the body for CZ-4 was also used in A New Hope in the Sandcrawler (CZ-1) and in Mos Eisley (CZ-3), will we ever see a repaint of the CZ-4 figure to be these new characters? They could be done as a running change or put into Battlepacks.

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 10:13 PM
What I am refering to is the figures from the non animated line that were not produced, IG Lancer Droid, Dooku, Sidious, the Alien that met up with Dooku when he went to see the fight to find someone to kill Anakin.....I'm confused by the inclusion of Dooku and Sidious, I don't remember them being different from their regular states.

Think you could find the name of that alien? I'd prefer not to be that vague if possible

Droid
10-05-2007, 10:48 PM
17, 21, 27, 28, and 29

Kidhuman
10-06-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm confused by the inclusion of Dooku and Sidious, I don't remember them being different from their regular states.

Think you could find the name of that alien? I'd prefer not to be that vague if possible

Ok, I should have gone with Holo Sidious on spider walker. Also Scuba Troopers, Space CLone Troopers, Plo Koon in Armor, IG Lancer Droids with Speeders. I cant find the characters name on SW.com database, but he is from Rattatak. There are no good pics of him, just one from behind, but I think there are enough characters listed there.

Darth Windu
10-06-2007, 06:02 AM
Can I ask a new question?

With the popularity and inclusion of KotOR charaters Darth Revan and Darth Malak in the TAC line, and Darth Nihilus in one of the upcoming Evolutions packs, would Hasbto consider including the Ebon Hawk in the Titanium 3' line?

Cane_Adiss
10-07-2007, 11:10 AM
My votes, plus new questions (thise will be my fifth and sixth votes if added)

And new questions:

There are a bunch of alien and droid figures from the POTF2 era that have yet to see upgrades. Such as: Nien Nunb, Ten Nunb, Sealt-Marae (Yakface), Orrimaarko, Admiral Ackbar, EV-9D9, ASP-7, Ishi Tib, Lak Sivrak etc...
Is it likely that all these guys will be upgraded with better sculpts and articulation or are we stuck with the ones we have?

Since there has been buzz about doing a Wilrow Hood (ice cream guy) figure, is there a chance that you'll visit other obscure characters from Bespin such as Treva Horme, Wiorkettle, and Utris M'toc? These characters are visually more interesting than Hood (many people think so), and Trooper M'toc could be the basis for a potential army builder as he's a Bespin security officer.

Sinscia Fat'o
10-08-2007, 11:48 AM
My votes, plus new questions (thise will be my fifth and sixth votes if added)

And new questions:

There are a bunch of alien and droid figures from the POTF2 era that have yet to see upgrades. Such as: Nien Nunb, Ten Nunb, Sealt-Marae (Yakface), Orrimaarko, Admiral Ackbar, EV-9D9, ASP-7, Ishi Tib, Lak Sivrak etc...
Is it likely that all these guys will be upgraded with better sculpts and articulation or are we stuck with the ones we have?

Since there has been buzz about doing a Wilrow Hood (ice cream guy) figure, is there a chance that you'll visit other obscure characters from Bespin such as Treva Horme, Wiorkettle, and Utris M'toc? These characters are visually more interesting than Hood (many people think so), and Trooper M'toc could be the basis for a potential army builder as he's a Bespin security officer.

i would actually be interested in hearing what hasbro had to say about both of these questions. As the aliens from POTF2 were very popular in the resculpt poll i done a while back, and i would like to hear what they have to say about Wilrow Hood actually being made or not... I can't believe they're making him over a lot of figures that need to be made first, though i do welcome the guy... Not to mention we need more Bespin figures!!!

Blue2th
10-08-2007, 12:03 PM

I thought that was Asajj in a spy disquise?

I'll vote later.

Kidhuman
10-08-2007, 01:57 PM
I thought that was Asajj in a spy disquise?

I'll vote later.

Here is an old thread on it. The Alien actually never had a name, just henchman. And Asajj did kill him, read the thread. There is also a screen cap of the Alien there

Blue2th
10-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Sure is interesting going through the old Clone Wars thread.
I couldn't find him there, but found a reference at Wiki. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dooku's_guide
Asajj sure killed him quickly, I thought that was her in disquise..duh
Like you said he's from Rattatak, but is only referred to as "Dooku's Guide" or Dooku's Rattatak Guide.

Battle Droid
10-08-2007, 03:47 PM
I always thought it was her in disguise too.

General Oro Dassyne would be a good figure too from Clone Wars. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oro_Dassyne

JediTricks
10-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Questions 30-33 added.

New question:
*Considering that the body for CZ-4 was also used in A New Hope in the Sandcrawler (CZ-1) and in Mos Eisley (CZ-3), will we ever see a repaint of the CZ-4 figure to be these new characters? They could be done as a running change or put into Battlepacks.Nicely done. Counted as your last vote.

Ok, I should have gone with Holo Sidious on spider walker. Also Scuba Troopers, Space CLone Troopers, Plo Koon in Armor, IG Lancer Droids with Speeders. I cant find the characters name on SW.com database, but he is from Rattatak. There are no good pics of him, just one from behind, but I think there are enough characters listed there.LMK what you think of the question as it is now. And you have 2 votes remaining after it.

Can I ask a new question?

With the popularity and inclusion of KotOR charaters Darth Revan and Darth Malak in the TAC line, and Darth Nihilus in one of the upcoming Evolutions packs, would Hasbto consider including the Ebon Hawk in the Titanium 3' line?Before I add the question, are there any other noteworthy vehicles in KOTOR we can include? I haven't played it so I'm not familiar which of these (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kotor#Vehicles_and_vessels) would be worth including in the question, but these questions do better when they're less specific.

Is it likely that all these guys will be upgraded with better sculpts and articulation or are we stuck with the ones we have?How is it you spell crazy Orrimaarko's name right but pull the error spelling on Yak Face? :p They already gave an answer on Ackbar (they want to, but not slated yet), but I'll include it anyway since it's been several months and this is a more general question. LMK if you think of any other worthy additions, I added Ree-Yees.

Since there has been buzz about doing a Wilrow Hood (ice cream guy) figure, is there a chance that you'll visit other obscure characters from Bespin such as Treva Horme, Wiorkettle, and Utris M'toc? These characters are visually more interesting than Hood (many people think so), and Trooper M'toc could be the basis for a potential army builder as he's a Bespin security officer.I don't think I've ever seen the first 2 of those guys in the film, only the damn Decipher CCG which annoys me to no end (Decipher gave everybody really dopey names and then awful character backstories and then photoshopsped them into scenes they weren't actually in) and the last guy is from a deleted scene. Anyway, I added it but I fear it's gonna get clobbered. Your votes have been counted.

i would actually be interested in hearing what hasbro had to say about both of these questions. As the aliens from POTF2 were very popular in the resculpt poll i done a while back, and i would like to hear what they have to say about Wilrow Hood actually being made or not... I can't believe they're making him over a lot of figures that need to be made first, though i do welcome the guy... Not to mention we need more Bespin figures!!!I've counted that as your first 2 votes, LMK if that's not the case.

As for Hood, here's what they said, August 4th, '06:
JediDefender.com: OK, ToyFare #109 is now available at comic and book stores everywhere. In that issue, we finally get the news that Quinlan Vos and Darth Revan were selected as the winner(s) of the latest Fan Choice poll. Willow Hood (the Ice Cream Maker Guy) seems to have a huge fan following among collectors. He even has enough of a fan following at Hasbro to be included in the joke wave presented during the Comic-Con panel. Even though Willow didn't win the Toy Fare Fan's Choice poll, when can we expect to see him on the pegs? He'd make a nice two-pack if you paired him with a new super-articulated Bespin Han or Bespin Luke (hint, hint). You've got 12 more years ('til 2018), so you have to get to him eventually, right?

Hasbro: OK, it was cruel perhaps to include him (and Yarna) among a group that we would obviously never do. We WILL do Willrow eventually, but there is no timetable for his debut. In any case, it won't be in the 2007 line which is already put to bed.

Here is an old thread on it. The Alien actually never had a name, just henchman. And Asajj did kill him, read the thread. There is also a screen cap of the Alien thereUh, what thread??? There's no link.

Sure is interesting going through the old Clone Wars thread.
I couldn't find him there, but found a reference at Wiki. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dooku's_guide (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dooku%27s_guide)
Asajj sure killed him quickly, I thought that was her in disquise..duh
Like you said he's from Rattatak, but is only referred to as "Dooku's Guide" or Dooku's Rattatak Guide.Hmm, that's getting REALLY vague now. Are you guys serious that you want to ask this? I fear that one would undermine the question.

Battle Droid
10-08-2007, 04:46 PM
31 as one of my votes.

Kidhuman
10-08-2007, 05:14 PM
LMK what you think of the question as it is now. And you have 2 votes remaining after it.

Looks good, thanks for adding it

Uh, what thread??? There's no link.

Here is the link,sorry.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=23164

josuefett
10-09-2007, 06:52 PM
hi! since niche franchise lines are not your thing (e.g. battlestar galactica)
have you ever given thought to making such figures available through a mixed
source line much like mcfarlanes movie maniacs or the marvel legends toys we
see in shops? what im thinking of is a line of figures that include in each wave
things that will appeal to fans of movies and tv in general. for instance, a wave
might contain a star wars figure (to hook in the sw fans) perhaps an indiana
jones figure (again hook indie fans) a battlestar galactica figure, a kerberos saga
figure, perhaps the rocketman from the movie of the same name and perhaps an
animated character for good mesure (heck, throw in elvis too (-: ).this would
allow you (licences permitting) to provide niche figures in a mass waywithout
the expense of dedicated lines, and in a mixed format that would seem attractive
to collectors of star wars, indiana jones, movies and tv etc. perhaps they could be
in a premium format similar in price to the vintage sw line. with just a few per
wave a few times a year we could fill our shelves with a diverse collection
representing the entertainment of the past century. anyway, what are your
thoughts? would you at least pass the idea round for consideration? thanks. j

Blue2th
10-09-2007, 08:03 PM
:ninja:

Anyways, my votes are:

Lots of good questions me thinks.

Battle Droid
10-10-2007, 12:10 PM
New question,

Will the 2008 Wave 1 Mustafar Lava Droid & Platform have pegs on them so Obi-Wan, Vader, and the Mustafar Lava Miner can stand on them?

TheRealDubya
10-10-2007, 01:43 PM
My votes:

dindae
10-10-2007, 04:11 PM

New - Many of use are still seeing a fair amount of Saga figures on the pegs. Since these haven't shipped in months are there any plans to recall or incentive to move these figure to make room at retail?

DarkJedi5
10-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask this but, I love the VOTC Boba Fett that is now rereleased as a saga legend, but why not repaint it he appears in Empire? Even better than a straight rerelease is a repaint, right?

Battle Droid
10-11-2007, 11:07 AM
New question,

Will the 2008 figures have any large accessories like some of the 2007 figures have?

master J
10-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Ive got a good question, because Hasbro cant seem to take the hint EVERYTIME it is mentioned in Q&A, they never acknowledge it...

Dear Hasbro, We have received numerous Jedi Luke figures, but all are from Jabbas palace. Do you have plans to make a Jedi Luke from the Death Star II final duel? This was actually the figure requested in the Fan favorite vote over a year ago. If you look across almost every fan site, you will see that this is probably the most wanted figure.

El Chuxter
10-11-2007, 07:44 PM
On that note, and seriously:

Do you actually keep up with the opinions of collectors? Why is it that when something that seems highly requested or discussed on many boards (like a badly-needed resculpt of Evazan or the lack of a great Death Star II Luke) seem to take you totally by surprise in the Q&A sessions?

Maybe a bit more diplomatic than that, but I really am curious. A lot of things that seem to have been discussed into oblivion ages ago seem to take them totally off-guard.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Just wondering, Chux, but where have you heard of a big fanbase for a new Evazan figure? I mean, I want one, but you really seem to be the only vocal person about it.

El Chuxter
10-13-2007, 11:36 AM
I didn't say there's a big fanbase. It does seem to come up often, though, and I notice very few people disagreeing with it. My point is, if Hasbro were keeping track of what we're saying, as they claim, then they shouldn't have responded like this came totally out of left field, which they did.

DarkJedi5
10-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Having seen sneak peeks at the two holiday exclusive sets (Hoth and Endor) I have a question for Hasbro. Why so many AT-STs? Do both sets really need AT-STs? Are collectors really going to want both of these sets? Because, while I could use one new AT-ST, I most certainly do not need two in the same holiday season.

JediTricks
10-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Questions 34-36 added.

hi! since niche franchise lines are not your thing (e.g. battlestar galactica)
have you ever given thought to making such figures available through a mixed
source line much like mcfarlanes movie maniacs or the marvel legends toys we
see in shops? what im thinking of is a line of figures that include in each wave
things that will appeal to fans of movies and tv in general. for instance, a wave
might contain a star wars figure (to hook in the sw fans) perhaps an indiana
jones figure (again hook indie fans) a battlestar galactica figure, a kerberos saga
figure, perhaps the rocketman from the movie of the same name and perhaps an
animated character for good mesure (heck, throw in elvis too (-: ).this would
allow you (licences permitting) to provide niche figures in a mass waywithout
the expense of dedicated lines, and in a mixed format that would seem attractive
to collectors of star wars, indiana jones, movies and tv etc. perhaps they could be
in a premium format similar in price to the vintage sw line. with just a few per
wave a few times a year we could fill our shelves with a diverse collection
representing the entertainment of the past century. anyway, what are your
thoughts? would you at least pass the idea round for consideration? thanks. jIt's an interesting idea, but Hasbro recently said they weren't discussing licenses they don't have, so all I have to work with in that question is the BSG which isn't enough.

New question,

Will the 2008 Wave 1 Mustafar Lava Droid & Platform have pegs on them so Obi-Wan, Vader, and the Mustafar Lava Miner can stand on them?Added. You have 4 votes left.

New - Many of use are still seeing a fair amount of Saga figures on the pegs. Since these haven't shipped in months are there any plans to recall or incentive to move these figure to make room at retail?They keep saying it's not a national problem, it's only anomalous, so I don't think they're going to give any consideration to that question, especially since in the last round we got this answer:
Q: Several fan sites in this Q&A series have asked about problems with Greatest Hits/Saga Legends figures and nagging TSC pegwarmer figures, and Hasbro's answers always have the same theme - "the problems are not systemic, it must be your area that's an anomaly". The thing is, these sites and their readers are from all over the country and they're consistently reporting the same issues independently of each other which suggests these aren't be random, isolated events. This has grown especially frustrating with the current waves of the Saga Legends line as it seems to be shipping very heavily and covering many a store's TAC pegs while the main TAC line wave 4 remains sparse and rife for scalper attention. What makes Hasbro so confident about there being no wide-scale problems with lingering TSC pegwarmers or stores not coping with the 2-SKU/2-pegs system for the current basic lines (TAC and SL), and that none of this is creating an intensely-frustrating problem for new figures getting into consumers' hands? A: We do not have access to individual store level inventories to know what figures are where and in what quantity - that level of information simply doesn't exist. That's why we report that on a national level - the greater whole - waves are shipping as planned, and the replenishment process by which stores are "resupplied" is something we watch on a weekly basis. To be clear on how it works - stores will be resupplied based on what has sold down, not based on what is sitting on what pegs, which is invisible to the automated ordering systems. So if Saga Legends is selling in those stores, it will be reordered. If 30th Anniv. is selling, it will be reordered. To finish that discussion - the stock of one has no impact on the other. However, it doesn't work like clockwork all the time, and the number of older figures of a subline could impact which waves are shipped so it could be possible for a store to miss a wave depending on how much stock and how fast it's selling and what wave is available to ship next. We would ask that if colelctors have noticed problems in certain stores, they please send the Store # of the WM store with the issue (via the same process you use to submit questions) and we will have our retail teams look into it and see if there is a way to "unclog" a local store if its within our merchandising teams coverage area.
Also, on June 8th, we got this answer on ActionFigs:
In 2002, heavy pegwarming led several figures to be recalled, sent back to Hasbro. Will this happen again anytime soon, perhaps to remedy the problems of Moff Jerjerrod, Lushros Dofine, and the abundant TSC-era Greatest Hits leftovers which are still pegwarming hard nearly a year after their releases?
While you may see some figures more abundant locally, that is not the case everywhere, with no pegwarming problems with any individual figures on a national level. The Greatest Hits, in partcular, have long been depleted on a national level. If you have a particular store with an unusually heavy concentration of a particular figure, please send along the store # (any manager should be able to tell you this), the figure in question, and a picture if allowed and we will pass this info along to our retail marketing group to try and address.

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask this but, I love the VOTC Boba Fett that is now rereleased as a saga legend, but why not repaint it he appears in Empire? Even better than a straight rerelease is a repaint, right?Get me a list of the differences in the costume and I'll throw the question up with them. All I can think of is a different tone on the jumpsuit and the gauntlets are green instead of red, and I think there's a difference on the rocketpack but I don't remember what.

New question,

Will the 2008 figures have any large accessories like some of the 2007 figures have?They said a few times that probably not as they were budget-busters this year.

Ive got a good question, because Hasbro cant seem to take the hint EVERYTIME it is mentioned in Q&A, they never acknowledge it...

Dear Hasbro, We have received numerous Jedi Luke figures, but all are from Jabbas palace. Do you have plans to make a Jedi Luke from the Death Star II final duel? This was actually the figure requested in the Fan favorite vote over a year ago. If you look across almost every fan site, you will see that this is probably the most wanted figure.Added. You have 5 votes remaining.

On that note, and seriously:

Do you actually keep up with the opinions of collectors? Why is it that when something that seems highly requested or discussed on many boards (like a badly-needed resculpt of Evazan or the lack of a great Death Star II Luke) seem to take you totally by surprise in the Q&A sessions?

Maybe a bit more diplomatic than that, but I really am curious. A lot of things that seem to have been discussed into oblivion ages ago seem to take them totally off-guard.They already told us on ActionFigs.com back in May about Evazan:
Can we please have a new, more accurate Dr. Evazan figure? The original POTF2 Cinema Scene figure has been repainted a few times, but the sculpt is still among the least-accurate likenesses of any figure that's never enjoyed a full resculpt. After all, he's got dialog in the movie and an action scene, and it is Star Wars' 30th Anniversary.
This is a good suggestion and one we want to pursue at some point. We weigh updating a previous Cantina denizen (like we did for Momaw Nadon) against offering a new never-before-seen figure in terms of what will most pique collector interest. We are definitely considering it, but it may be a few years before we get to him because there are some other cool ones still to be done.

Having seen sneak peeks at the two holiday exclusive sets (Hoth and Endor) I have a question for Hasbro. Why so many AT-STs? Do both sets really need AT-STs? Are collectors really going to want both of these sets? Because, while I could use one new AT-ST, I most certainly do not need two in the same holiday season.This is delicate territory, they're not going to cop to these existing at all until after they're released, so there's a good chance the question will fall on deaf ears. I've rewritten it to talk about them as hypothetical sets but even then it may fall on its face. You have 5 votes remaining.

jediguy
10-14-2007, 04:47 PM

in regards to question 9, I remember some other site had asked that same question (I don't remember when or where) and was answered with 'a separate design team makes the vehicles.' perhaps our question should be reworded to ask why the two design teams did not communicate to insure that the figures fit inside the vehicles

jedibear
10-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Here's my votes for this next round...

11, 12, 25, 30, 32, 34

Keep up the good work, JT!

El Chuxter
10-14-2007, 11:38 PM
My question wasn't about Evazan, though, but about the way they seem to be taken off guard by questions we (and other sites) ask about topics and possible figures that seem to be the buzz across the geeky SW collecting internet community. I was just using him as an example.

ROTJLuke
10-15-2007, 12:56 AM

Glad someone else asked question 35, as it's getting utterly and profoundly ridiculous Hasbro neglect's and offensively negate's this question/figure.

Darth Windu
10-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Alright here's my modified question:

With the popularity and inclusion of KotOR charaters Darth Revan and Darth Malak in the TAC line, and Darth Nihilus in one of the upcoming Evolutions packs, would Hasbro consider including KotOR vehicles in the Titanium 3' line such as the Ebon Hawk, Leviathon, and Sith Fighter?

mericen
10-15-2007, 10:59 AM
my choices are: 25,30,32,35

a new question:

Now that it is closer to the debut of the Force Unleashed line, will the packaging of the figures be the same as The 30th Anniversary Collection, or will it be its own unique packaging?

I know this question was asked before the figure line was delayed, but I am not certain that it has been asked after the delay. So maybe they have altered their plans for the packaging, or maybe not.

JediTricks
10-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Questions 37-38 added.

in regards to question 9, I remember some other site had asked that same question (I don't remember when or where) and was answered with 'a separate design team makes the vehicles.' perhaps our question should be reworded to ask why the two design teams did not communicate to insure that the figures fit inside the vehiclesI have a record of nearly all the Q&As and I have not seen that. Is it possible you're thinking of their answer to Titanium Series vehicles, which up until the middle of this year were handled by a different team? Everything I've seen about the 3.75" figure line's vehicles suggests they're done by the main team.

My question wasn't about Evazan, though, but about the way they seem to be taken off guard by questions we (and other sites) ask about topics and possible figures that seem to be the buzz across the geeky SW collecting internet community. I was just using him as an example.Ok, I see what you mean. They've already said they do, but that it's not the only thing that guides the direction of the line.

Alright here's my modified question:

With the popularity and inclusion of KotOR charaters Darth Revan and Darth Malak in the TAC line, and Darth Nihilus in one of the upcoming Evolutions packs, would Hasbro consider including KotOR vehicles in the Titanium 3' line such as the Ebon Hawk, Leviathon, and Sith Fighter?Excellent, thanks. You have 5 votes left.

a new question:

Now that it is closer to the debut of the Force Unleashed line, will the packaging of the figures be the same as The 30th Anniversary Collection, or will it be its own unique packaging?

I know this question was asked before the figure line was delayed, but I am not certain that it has been asked after the delay. So maybe they have altered their plans for the packaging, or maybe not.On August 17th, they said that it's part of the TAC line, so I think that means the packaging is to stay with that design:

JediInsider.com: Will the series of figures with 2-1B and Po Nudo be the last series of Anniversary figures?
Hasbro: No, it will just be the first series of figures for Spring 2008. The Anniversary line will continue (without coins) through Spring 2008 with the Force Unleashed as well as more figures that have yet to be announced. Look for those around Toy Fair time, if not before.

JediCole
10-15-2007, 04:40 PM
I found about seven of the questions that directly or indirectly addressed the types of things I would like to know from Hasbro. For the most part, many of my final choices came close enough so my votes are for:

24. I loved the design of the Mon Calimari dancer and was disappointed
that this design got nearly microscopic coverage on film. This would
make an interesting figure, especially if the trailing part of the
costume was produced with soft goods or at least flexible plastic.

25. Jar Jar Binks was a character that I went into Episode 1 prepared to
to hate. In the end I found Jar Jar at least mostly agreeable. While
not one of my favorite saga characters I have to agree with the
reasoning behind producing a new figure of Jar Jar.

27. Ah, the new sculpts question is a burning one for me. I am not a troop
builder collector (nothing agains those who are, it just isn't my thing)
and the number of repaints entering the Star Wars line leave me
concerned about the potential of original sculpts. Especially of
characters from the original trilogy.

29. This is in some ways related to 27, but certainly enough of a different
subject to warrant its own question, and its own concerns. At times
it seems one episode of the saga gets the star treatment at the
expense of the character-rich other five films.

33. I had not heard that the infamous "Ice Cream Maker Man" was in the
the potential running after all these years. While I have a fondness
for background characters (and would buy this figure for more than
just the humor in it), I think that the two non-human denezins of
Cloud City would make far better figures, especially given the
great potential to reuse one head sculpt (Takeel, Zutton) and create
a new one that can recycle as a Mos Eisley Cantina denizen.

38. My only complaint with the Concept series was the exclusivity of so many
of the characters. I was fortunate to have a very good friend who
attended Celebration and obtained those exclusives for me and
in the end all have been available at intervals online. I know that
much but it is still a poor approach to that aspect of the line. That
said, I am hopeful that we will continue to see concept figures in the
future. Grevious opened the door to make the focus more about
concepts than those exclusively developed by Ralph McQuarrie. I
would love to see a concept Lando. Padme, and Battle Droid just to
name a few. Perhaps even something unusual like the plant alien
designed by Ron Cobb for the Cantina. Does anyone consider the Sith
Apprentice Maul to be a "Concept" Darth Maul?

There are my votes with a little insight into the choices. I look forward to seeing what makes it into the next round.

Mr Burns
10-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Too many brilliant question to pick from!!!

Send them the whole list!

My choices are

evenflow
10-15-2007, 06:19 PM
34 32 29 31 25

Darth Windu
10-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Alright my votes are

37, 6, 9, 2, 10

Cane_Adiss
10-16-2007, 10:14 AM
The question concerning the Pod-Race battle pack has been answered on Galactichunter.com's Hasbro Q&A. Does this mean I can pick a different question to vote for? If so, I choose 38.

Galactic Hunter: Do smaller figures (a la Pit Droids) cost less or the same to produce from the manufacturing perspective? We are wondering if there's any chance for a comprehensive Pod Race Battle Pack? Things that could be included: All the released Pod Racer Pilots (Gasgano, Ody Mandrell, Teemto Pagales, Dud Bolt, Mars Guo, Anakin and Sebulba) and include Sebulba's massage chair and some droids (including the Otoga 222, C-3PO, and the cleanup droids). Oh and just a reminder -- we want more Pod Race Pilots!

HASBRO: Figure costing encompasses amount of raw materials used, the number of molds involved (the greater the number, the greater the labor and cycle time to shoot the parts), deco, and assembly. Pit Droids are efficient in these areas and that's why we can offer 2-packs. We hope that in the future we can do the same with the "smaller" Pod Racer drivers like we did last year. We are not planning a battle pack around them, though, since we think the concept is still a little niche and doesn't involve any core characters or Troopers which have been the mainstay of our packs to this point. With time, though, you never know.

El Chuxter
10-16-2007, 10:28 AM
HASBRO: Figure costing encompasses amount of raw materials used, the number of molds involved (the greater the number, the greater the labor and cycle time to shoot the parts), deco, and assembly. Pit Droids are efficient in these areas and that's why we can offer 2-packs. We hope that in the future we can do the same with the "smaller" Pod Racer drivers like we did last year. We are not planning a battle pack around them, though, since we think the concept is still a little niche and doesn't involve any core characters or Troopers which have been the mainstay of our packs to this point. With time, though, you never know.

Uh, should we pose a new question asking if they forgot about Ambush on Illum?

Cane_Adiss
10-16-2007, 10:44 AM
24. I loved the design of the Mon Calimari dancer and was disappointed
that this design got nearly microscopic coverage on film. This would
make an interesting figure, especially if the trailing part of the
costume was produced with soft goods or at least flexible plastic.

38. My only complaint with the Concept series was the exclusivity of so many
of the characters. I was fortunate to have a very good friend who
attended Celebration and obtained those exclusives for me and
in the end all have been available at intervals online. I know that
much but it is still a poor approach to that aspect of the line. That
said, I am hopeful that we will continue to see concept figures in the
future. Grevious opened the door to make the focus more about
concepts than those exclusively developed by Ralph McQuarrie. I
would love to see a concept Lando. Padme, and Battle Droid just to
name a few. Perhaps even something unusual like the plant alien
designed by Ron Cobb for the Cantina. Does anyone consider the Sith
Apprentice Maul to be a "Concept" Darth Maul?

There are my votes with a little insight into the choices. I look forward to seeing what makes it into the next round.

Thank the Lord there's someone who likes the Mon Cal dancer besides me!

Also, that plant-like alien designed by Ron Cobb is called a Revwien. It is a canon alien as it appears in the expanded universe and was a miniature many years ago in a Wizards of the Coast game.

That leads me to another question:

Has Hasbro ever considered a figure of this Revwien character, even as an accessory? This thing would be an interesting "concept art" homage, and would make an interesting addition to our cantina dioramas. I know Hasbro has said they were not exploring making plant accessories, but this guy qualifies as a new character in my mind.

If you choose to include this question, you can replace number 38 with this one. Thanks!

Sinscia Fat'o
10-16-2007, 11:26 AM

DarkJedi5
10-16-2007, 08:51 PM
[/INDENT]Get me a list of the differences in the costume and I'll throw the question up with them. All I can think of is a different tone on the jumpsuit and the gauntlets are green instead of red, and I think there's a difference on the rocketpack but I don't remember what.

Well, it's nit picking, but it just seemed better than having them rerelease the same Boba Fett, ya know just to spice things up a bit. But here are the ones I count:

guantlets- green instead of red
jumpsuit- lighter green, almost grey
cape- brown instead of green
rocket pack- green not red
gloves- white

[/INDENT]This is delicate territory, they're not going to cop to these existing at all until after they're released, so there's a good chance the question will fall on deaf ears. I've rewritten it to talk about them as hypothetical sets but even then it may fall on its face. You have 5 votes remaining.

Yeah, I know. I just think it sucks.

JediTricks
10-17-2007, 03:01 AM
Question 39 added.
Question 26 stricken.

dindae, you are refunded 1 vote.

DarkJedi5, you have 4 votes remaining.

The question concerning the Pod-Race battle pack has been answered on Galactichunter.com's Hasbro Q&A. Does this mean I can pick a different question to vote for? If so, I choose 38.
I dunno why, but when I saw that answer, I thought we had already asked the question and gotten the same answer. I guess they're all starting to blend together. :p Anyway, that's fine, vote changed.

Uh, should we pose a new question asking if they forgot about Ambush on Illum?Padme, 3PO, R2.

Also, that plant-like alien designed by Ron Cobb is called a Revwien. It is a canon alien as it appears in the expanded universe and was a miniature many years ago in a Wizards of the Coast game.

That leads me to another question:

Has Hasbro ever considered a figure of this Revwien character, even as an accessory? This thing would be an interesting "concept art" homage, and would make an interesting addition to our cantina dioramas. I know Hasbro has said they were not exploring making plant accessories, but this guy qualifies as a new character in my mind.

If you choose to include this question, you can replace number 38 with this one. Thanks!I'm afraid that's too specific for right now.

DarkJedi5
10-17-2007, 09:03 AM
5 Vintage figs
7 Snowspeeder
19 battle droids
32 POTF2 Re-dos

JediTricks
10-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Question 22 modified.

Here's my votes:
10 pricepoint shifts
22 neyo
27 new ot
28 main character probs
32 potf2 revisits
35 Luke ds2

Droid
10-17-2007, 10:37 PM
My last vote goes to 33.

Battle Droid
10-18-2007, 01:03 PM
New question,

Will the Neimoidian mechno-chair ever be released with a Nute Gunray figure?

Devo
10-18-2007, 07:30 PM
My votes: 25, 28, 30, 32, 33, 35

JediTricks
10-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Last day to vote! There's gonna be a major tie for a few slots unless some questions get more votes while others don't.

New question,

Will the Neimoidian mechno-chair ever be released with a Nute Gunray figure?That's kinda specific, but I'm not sure yet. Do you mean a regular Nute? Do you want it as a chair or as a hologram-projector? The problem is it needs a removable throne and a removable smaller Holo Sidious, but that's more of a deluxe-sized item perhaps.

Battle Droid
10-18-2007, 10:07 PM
The problem is it needs a removable throne and a removable smaller Holo Sidious, but that's more of a deluxe-sized item perhaps.

Both, and yeah I guess it would be deluxe sized, unless they bring back the larger accessories.

As for Nute he should have soft goods, and at least knee articulation so he can sit in the throne.

Darth Windu
10-19-2007, 06:35 AM
Or maybe just have a sculted figure like the AT-RT driver pack-in to reduce the cost of the item to fit into the basic line.

Oh, and come on guys, lets see some love for question 37! :)

Cane_Adiss
10-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Why did you eliminate Ten Nunb from question 32? I think he's a cool pilot and would be cool to have red suit/ white suit variants done of him! And I think he needs an upgrade. Also, Ishi Tib could be added, and Hasbro should give him a name. I'm not fond of "generic alien" figures.

JediTricks
10-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Both, and yeah I guess it would be deluxe sized, unless they bring back the larger accessories.

As for Nute he should have soft goods, and at least knee articulation so he can sit in the throne.Hmm, yeah, I see what you mean about Nute, that's a lot of product though, no way they're gonna release it as a basic and it's too much new product for a battle pack. I'll keep thinking it over, if you come up with anything on the subject, please post it.

Or maybe just have a sculted figure like the AT-RT driver pack-in to reduce the cost of the item to fit into the basic line.Even with a perma-sitting figure, I don't think it'd lower the costs enough to get it to basic territory.

Why did you eliminate Ten Nunb from question 32? I think he's a cool pilot and would be cool to have red suit/ white suit variants done of him! And I think he needs an upgrade. Also, Ishi Tib could be added, and Hasbro should give him a name. I'm not fond of "generic alien" figures.Ishi Tib's already been on the list since it was posted.

Ten Numb isn't as major an entry as those other guys who are each indicative of a unique alien race. Ten's barely visible in the background of the movie, yet he's had a couple of releases already. And Ten's figure has fairly good sculpting and paint, way better than Nien Nunb's. My thinking is that defines Ten Numb as "etcetera", and given the choice between a new Nien Nunb or a new Ten Numb, there's no collector out there who would choose Ten Numb.

JediTricks
10-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Well, that's it for this round. Thanks for voting! Look for a new round soon.

Here's the questions we're asking from this round:

With the Star Wars team splitting their time with Indiana Jones and the Clone Wars CGI cartoon coming next year, how many new sculpts does Hasbro estimate we'll be seeing for Star Wars Original Trilogy figures in the basic carded line? Will each of the 6 films be getting its own wave in 2008? If not, which film won't be getting its own wave?
Due to the unpopularity of the character, is it unlikely that Hasbro will revisit Jar Jar Binks with a super articulated figure? He is definitely a character that would warrant such articulation due to his onscreen antics (no matter how obnoxious), and we haven't seen a new figure of him in quite a while, he could use an upgrade and the kiddies would probably want him.
While the TAC line has been doing great designs with aliens and armored figures, a lot of fans feel there have been a number of misfires with main characters in this line. Luke Yavin and Luke Tatooine's headsculpts and decos, Mace Windu's head, Vintage Leia Endor's long neck and inaccurate face deco, Lando in smuggler outfit's new head design and its rolled-back-in-his-head eyes, Vintage Luke Bespin's likeness, and everything about Han Torture Rack from the odd head to the mismatched proportions of the body. And it's not like we always need resculpted heads, POTJ Bespin Leia and Early Bird Kit Luke already have superior likenesses. So what is happening here?
There are a bunch of alien and droid figures from the POTF2 era that have yet to see upgrades such as: Nien Nunb, Ree Yees, Saelt-Marae (Yak Face), Orrimaarko (Prune Face), Admiral Ackbar, EV-9D9, ASP-7, Ishi Tib, Lak Sivrak, etc.. Is it likely that these guys will be upgraded with better sculpts and articulation in the foreseeable future or are we likely stuck with the ones we have?
For some reason, nearly all the Jedi Luke figures have been from Jabba's Palace with permanent vests. The only Death Star II version in recent memory is the rather unfortunate Saga figure with its rather unfortunate action gimmick, preposed body, and bizarre face sculpt. The newest Jedi Luke (TAC #25) has a cloth vest but it's not meant to be removed and the costume underneath is incomplete for Death Star II Luke. In ToyFare's Fans Choice poll, this was the only OT main character - not to mention the only version of Luke - to make the top 25 (and 3 characters who got less votes have already been made as figures now). So, do you have any plans to make a Death Star II Jedi Luke at this point? If not, why has this popular version been continuously overlooked in favor of Jabba's Palace Luke?
With the new Clone Wars line coming up, will you be going back to the original series to make figures for characters who didn't get them, whether or not they appear in this new CGI series? Figures like Holographic Sidious on walking mechano-chair, Scuba Troopers, Space Clone Troopers, Plo Koon in armor, IG Lancer Droid (perhaps with its swoop bike), General Oro Dassyne all would make good candidates from the first series.