PDA

View Full Version : Scout Troopers...are they blind!?!??!

stillakid
10-10-2007, 02:46 PM
The first shot of the Rebels walking through the forest of Endor shows the stolen Shuttle no more than 100 yards behind them. A few seconds later, Han looks over a small rise and sees the first of the Imperial Biker Scouts.

How the hell did the Rebels manage to land such a large spaceship so close to the Biker Scouts without those bad guys hearing the engines and the likely noise from the trees getting crunched?

Are they blind and deaf?

Mando3lite
10-10-2007, 05:08 PM
i never even noticed that. hmmm ill have to watch

JediTricks
10-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Maybe they don't care, for all they know the Imp shuttles land all over the place because it's such a dense forest and hard to move supplies by walker.

stillakid
10-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Maybe they don't care, for all they know the Imp shuttles land all over the place because it's such a dense forest and hard to move supplies by walker.

Why would the Imperials land shuttles miles from the main base?

JediTricks
10-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Parts and technical crew for work on aspects beyond the main base.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Now, I know that this cannot be true. Everyone knows that the original trilogy was the height of western civilization with absolutely no flaws whatsoever and that the prequels are huge, enormous pieces of sh*t.

2-1B
10-10-2007, 11:14 PM
i never even noticed that. hmmm ill have to watch

I can't picture it in my head, so maybe I didn't notice it in the background either ?

Thanks stillakid, I'll have to check that out.

stillakid
10-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Now, I know that this cannot be true. Everyone knows that the original trilogy was the height of western civilization with absolutely no flaws whatsoever and that the prequels are huge, enormous pieces of sh*t.

Well, mostly, yes. I'm happy to see that you're finally seeing the light. Welcome. :)

CaptainSolo1138
10-12-2007, 07:33 AM
Parts and technical crew for work on aspects beyond the main base.Well, I'll be. Didn't they even state they were a "parts and technical crew" when they were trying to get cleared to land?

In all seriousness, this makes total sense as to why no one cared they were landing.

stillakid
10-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Well, I'll be. Didn't they even state they were a "parts and technical crew" when they were trying to get cleared to land?

In all seriousness, this makes total sense as to why no one cared they were landing.

In the middle of the forest miles and miles and miles from the shield generator and landing pad? Doubtful.

CaptainSolo1138
10-12-2007, 10:06 AM
In the middle of the forest miles and miles and miles from the shield generator and landing pad? Doubtful.
Sure it does. Do you happen to watch "Ice Road Truckers" on the History Channel?

There's a trillion reasons for them to land there, assuming the ruse of "Imperial UPS" is still in place, task specific equipment from off-planet being the primary reason.

Slicker
10-12-2007, 10:12 AM
They could be landing in the middle of nowhere to service detecting devices or to set up more remote bunkers. The Maginot Line had lots of smaller bunkers in it so why not the shield generator?

El Chuxter
10-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Do you happen to watch "Ice Road Truckers" on the History Channel?

No, I happen to prefer my History Channel to be, oh, I dunno, historical.

CaptainSolo1138
10-12-2007, 12:21 PM
No, I happen to prefer my History Channel to be, oh, I dunno, historical.Hater.

All I'm saying is that they drag large amounts of equipment to remote places.

Rocketboy
10-12-2007, 09:18 PM
And maybe they flew under the radar scopes and went wherever they felt like going.

LTBasker
10-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Either they're disgruntled, overworked, barely paid and often ignored Biker Scouts sent out there for some pointless task that causes them to just shoot the breeze and not care about things they're not in the loop on...OR, it could've gone like this:

Biker Scout #1: "Hmm, a shuttle wasn't supposed to be here for another 4 hours."
Biker Scout #2: "This is TK-8008 requesting information regarding unknown shuttle landing at Pad Alpha."
Imperial Officer: "Status is parts and technical crew with a special request by Lord Vader to not interrupt their arrival, resume your current duties."