PDA

View Full Version : "Let me look on you with my own eyes..."

stillakid
10-10-2007, 02:48 PM
What exactly is holding Vader up? He is sitting at the base of the Shuttle ramp, but he is upright as Luke removes the helmet. After he dies, he slumps back and lays dead on the ramp. So as he is talking with Luke, what is holding the wounded weak old man up? Please don't say "The Force."

Droid
10-10-2007, 03:43 PM
We might not say, "The Force", but can we type it?

In answer to your question, I have no idea. Is he being propped up by George Lucas' money making machine?

Mando3lite
10-10-2007, 04:11 PM
maybe one of lukes legs is under his upper back, and vader is holding his head up.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Could the answer possibly be "his elbows"?

2-1B
10-10-2007, 06:38 PM
He was being propped up with the assurance that his impending spirit would appear as his younger self and not the old man he never would become.

El Chuxter
10-10-2007, 07:10 PM
And he doesn't know that those are really bionic eyes.

Kidhuman
10-10-2007, 07:19 PM
It was the excrement that was being stored in his suit. Luke unleashed it when he removed the helmet.

2-1B
10-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Luke unleashed it when he removed the helmet.

It was better than the Unleashed where he's got that green lightsaber arc around him.

princethomas
11-08-2007, 04:25 PM
What exactly is holding Vader up? He is sitting at the base of the Shuttle ramp, but he is upright as Luke removes the helmet. After he dies, he slumps back and lays dead on the ramp. So as he is talking with Luke, what is holding the wounded weak old man up? Please don't say "The Force."

The same thing that is holding up that rope (or whatever it is) that Luke and Leia Swing from the sailbarge to the skiff. Never could figure out what that was.

-T

bigbarada
11-08-2007, 04:34 PM
And he doesn't know that those are really bionic eyes.

Actually, in the original version of the script, the line was:

"Let me look on you with my own eyes. They're in a pouch in my back pocket, if you could pull those out for me it would be fantastic."

Blue2th
11-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Well, you have to figure that he probably has a strong mid-section and torso, seeins' how he doesn't have to exercise much of anything else because they're robotic.
So his daily regimen is sit-ups and face-neck exercises.

bigbarada
11-09-2007, 12:50 AM

He sat on a Mouse Droid. The poor droid struggled to free itself under Vader's dead weight, until it finally broke itself loose causing Vader to slump to the ground.

JediTricks
11-09-2007, 09:10 PM
The same thing that is holding up that rope (or whatever it is) that Luke and Leia Swing from the sailbarge to the skiff. Never could figure out what that was.

-T
I've always argued that the rope is a line hanging off the sail, which overhangs the barge.

stillakid
11-10-2007, 03:02 AM
I've always argued that the rope is a line hanging off the sail, which overhangs the barge.

The rope came from the same place the music comes from.

JediTricks
11-11-2007, 01:59 AM
The rope came from the same place the music comes from.
Post production?