PDA

View Full Version : "Back door, huh?"

Mister Roboto
10-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Why didn't the rebels know about the rear entrance to the sheild generators before? And do you think this is the first time Han Solo slipped in through the back door?

darthvyn
10-11-2007, 10:16 AM
intersting point. i hadn't thought about that...

i'll take it one step further, though. how do they know that's the back door, and not the front? it's not like there were any streets, sidewalks or pathways to definitively mark one as the front entrance and one as the back door. maybe all the biker scouts were hanging out in the back yard, having a barbeque, and the rebels assumed that was the front door due to all the activity. definitely something to ponder...

stillakid
10-11-2007, 10:19 AM
And do you think this is the first time Han Solo slipped in through the back door?

No, I'm pretty sure Han likes girls. :love:

Mister Roboto
10-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Don't forget that prior to the speederbike chase scene, Han mentions, "Chewy and I have gotten into places tighter than this." Lando also refers to Han as "Old Pirate". Weather it is the back door or side entrance, he's made an illegal entrance at some sort of facility to commit a crime.

2-1B
10-11-2007, 05:23 PM
"Chewy and I have gotten into places tighter than this."

lol lol lol lol lol lol

CaptainSolo1138
10-12-2007, 06:24 AM
Don't forget that prior to the speederbike chase scene, Han mentions, "Chewy and I have gotten into places tighter than this." Lando also refers to Han as "Old Pirate". Weather it is the back door or side entrance, he's made an illegal entrance at some sort of facility to commit a crime.I think it also bears noting that Han is a smuggler. I hear the fruit markets are on an upswing and getting quite bullish as of late, sending the plum trade sky rocketing.

El Chuxter
10-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Han was a disciple of the great Muddy Waters. He knew the true power of a Backdoor Man.

stillakid
10-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Han also probably showed Luke and Old Ben where the backdoor was in the Cantina. It's not likely that a guy like Solo would walk into a place without knowing how to get back out. He's very Jason Bourne like that. :thumbsup:

darthvyn
10-12-2007, 11:53 AM
It's not likely that a guy like Solo would walk into a place without knowing how to get back out. He's very Jason Bourne like that. :thumbsup:

that's a ludicrous statement, seeing as how the star wars films were made years before the jason bourne movies. as such, the bourne movies are dependent on the continuity that came before them, thus jason bourne is like han solo that way.

:D

stillakid
10-12-2007, 12:02 PM
that's a ludicrous statement, seeing as how the star wars films were made years before the jason bourne movies. as such, the bourne movies are dependent on the continuity that came before them, thus jason bourne is like han solo that way.

:D

Point taken! I can see Bourne blowing away a government stooge whilst thinking about Greedo being ventilated. I'm sure that Solo is what drives Jason when things get really difficult. He's probably thinking, "Sh##, if Han Solo can fly a spaceship through an asteroid field, I should be able to get out of this wussy situation."

All action heroes really owe their superness to Han Solo....except for Chuck Norris (http://chucknorrisisgod.com/) of course.

darthvyn
10-12-2007, 12:04 PM
i think we need some "wwhsd" merchandise.

Mister Roboto
10-12-2007, 04:04 PM
This just occured to me. After Han saves Luke on Hoth, he tells him "That's 2 you owe me, kid." Yet, they are "even" after Luke saves Han from Jabba. Maybe "ripping the ears off a Gundark" was some sort of code.

Rocketboy
10-12-2007, 08:20 PM

:DAh but the novel The Bourne Identity was published in 1980, three years before Return of the Jedi.

stillakid
10-12-2007, 10:38 PM
This just occured to me. After Han saves Luke on Hoth, he tells him "That's 2 you owe me, kid." Yet, they are "even" after Luke saves Han from Jabba. Maybe "ripping the ears off a Gundark" was some sort of code.

Han was a sc.... con man, scoundrel, smuggler, so he was just trying to rip off Luke in the "save my a$%" department.

JediTricks
10-13-2007, 02:36 AM
Perhaps Han is counting Luke's entire machinations to save all their buddies at the Sarlacc pit as the second one.

The front door to the shield generator is beneath the giant radar dish, a large installation. The bunker sitting out in the middle of nowhere I guess was a clue to it being the back door of the facility, and it's not THAT obvious they'd build one... well, unless you subscribe to the theory that Imperial Engineers are secretly working for the Rebellion with all these little Achilles' heels built into these things. :p

darthvyn
10-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Ah but the novel The Bourne Identity was published in 1980, three years before Return of the Jedi.

yeah, but everything had already happened A LONG TIME AGO in a galaxy far, far away.

stillakid
10-14-2007, 06:30 PM
yeah, but everything had already happened A LONG TIME AGO in a galaxy far, far away.

But because light only putzes along at 183,000 mps, we're only now getting to see what happened eons ago.

darthvyn
10-14-2007, 06:34 PM
But because light only putzes along at 183,000 mps, we're only now getting to see what happened eons ago.

exactly. simple physics people! :D

AussieScott
10-23-2007, 07:04 PM
The front door to the shield generator is beneath the giant radar dish, a large installation. The bunker sitting out in the middle of nowhere I guess was a clue to it being the back door of the facility, and it's not THAT obvious they'd build one... well, unless you subscribe to the theory that Imperial Engineers are secretly working for the Rebellion with all these little Achilles' heels built into these things. :p

When Han is trying to hotwire the door, there's a small compliance plate nearby which says "Manufactured with Pride by the Small Thermal Exhaust Port Corporation".

JediTricks
10-24-2007, 02:32 PM
I dunno about that, the shield bunker had a SECOND set of doors, that thermal exhaust port didn't even have one of those flappy things you see on vertical exhaust pipes. :p

stillakid
10-24-2007, 04:47 PM
The door in question that our heroes enter through is sparse and lightly guarded. It looks very much like a "back door."

I've always wondered what the FRONT DOOR looks like. Is the main entrance something to behold? Certainly it must be gussied up a bit more than the back door we see. Has anyone ever seen any artwork that depicts what the Shield Generator main entrance and foyer looks like?

El Chuxter
10-24-2007, 05:05 PM
There's a statue of Palpatine, and a sign that says "The Republic Credit Stops Here."

JediTricks
10-24-2007, 09:09 PM
The front door is the large facility under the shield-generating dish, we see it in a matte painting when Vader's shuttle picks up Luke for soccer practice.

mabudonicus
10-25-2007, 06:39 PM
"Manufactured with Pride by the Small Thermal Exhaust Port Corporation"

I dunno JT you gotta admit that was funny, made me LMAO :D
:beard: Iso & baws

Prolly a few of them plates on the Titanic too, have to wait til they raise it eh ;)

JediTricks
10-26-2007, 07:20 PM
I admit nothing!

El Chuxter
10-24-2009, 07:42 PM
It's been almost two years. Admit it already.

Darkross
10-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Gotta love that scene with Han hotwiring the door...and ends up closing the outer blast doors! Hahaha!

JediTricks
11-07-2009, 10:21 PM
It's been almost two years. Admit it already.
Never!

I did find my "soccer practice" line funny though.