PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf

Tycho
10-13-2007, 03:44 AM
Do you guys remember this show? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj0QvMkMREU)

I used to love it and the sort of Pink Floyd electric guitar soundtrack to it. The creature effects and werewolf transformations were pretty good for back in the day, too.

Dang I'd buy these if the seasons were available on DVD.

Remember when Eric finally killed Scorzeny and found out the evil, old ship captain wasn't the master of their bloodline afterall? There was an even more powerful wolf he had to go after.

The bounty hunter that was always tracking him was played by the guy who was Colonel Decker from The A-Team. He was quite good as well.

If you play this werewolf fight on the YouTube link about, you can find links to like almost 30 other episodes. They had rock soundtracks to them as well.

I think the shows were only 1/2 hour episodes because they didn't get the sponsorship or budget for a full hour, but I don't recollect for sure. These were excellent shows.

I'm not big on the horror genre, but this was done in the right style for me - almost a WB werewolf show before there was a WB network. But it was actually much darker than that - though I hear Supernatural is a dark one that's on the air nowadays. I just never really tuned into that one except for one show which guest starred Smallville's Lex Luthor's ex-wife (Helen Bryce) as a chick that turned into a werewolf, and they even used a Queensryche song in the music score (Silent Lucidity).

Anyway, enjoy Werewolf and anyone wanting to discuss it is welcome to talk about it here.

Qui-Long Gone
10-13-2007, 12:54 PM
I LOVED WEREWOLF....back when people were creative on TV....Did Eric ever kill the other wolf?

I think a show like that would be ruined today by CGI....Didn't Rick Baker do the wolf suit?

Tycho
10-13-2007, 06:06 PM
I LOVED WEREWOLF....back when people were creative on TV....Did Eric ever kill the other wolf?

No. They cancelled this show before they ever concluded this series. I remember the other wolf wasn't as scary or mauled as Scorzeny was, but he was instead a very aristocratic "almost Dracula" type while as a man, and supposedly a very pure specimen as a wolf. It was sort of disappointing after Scorzeny was so furocious and evil. But I wanted to see what new twist the show would take.

Gosh it was a great show!

Remember that line from Eric's confrontation with Scorzeny?

"You're not the man who becomes a wolf; you're the wolf who masquerades as a man!"

I think a show like that would be ruined today by CGI....Didn't Rick Baker do the wolf suit?

I don't know. Rick Baker is not a name I'm familiar with, but I might have seen a lot of his work. The Scorzeny transformations where he rips his own face off and the wold emerges from it was awesome!

TeeEye7
10-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Dr. Frankenstein: "Werewolf?"

Eyegore: "There wolf!"

:D

Tycho: here's a little info on Rick Baker: You probably know of his work. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_A._Baker

Tycho
10-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks TeeEye.

Yeah. I've heard of Star Wars before ;)

Men in Black and Harry and the Hendersons too, eh?

TeeEye7
10-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Quite welcome, sir. He's got quite an impressive resumé, doesn't he?

I remember seeing a couple of documentary-style programs on television about him (and his work) way back when, too.

El Chuxter
10-13-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't remember this show.

Anyone who's worked on Harry and the Hendersons is cool with me, though.

Kidhuman
10-13-2007, 09:06 PM
I remember it. It was one of FOX's first shows.

OC47150
10-25-2007, 09:26 PM
I remember it. The unforgettable Lance DeGault was the wolf hunter!!

Surprised this show hasn't showed up on Sci-Fi Channel.