PDA

View Full Version : Saga Legends Sandtrooper

Old Fossil
10-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Okay, I have not done my research on the variations for the current carded Sandtrooper figure. So far I've found orange pauldron, grey pauldron, and white pauldron versions. Are those the only ones, or is there also a black pauldron version circulating?

I know many here were not particularly enthused about the Sandtrooper's inclusion in Legends, but I have to say it is nice to see such a great figure on the shelves... the Sandie has always been one of my favorites.:thumbsup:

bigbarada
10-13-2007, 11:57 AM
I think the black pauldron was released in large numbers for the Saga2 line, so I'm not sure if it will be included in the Legends line.

This would be a great figure, in theory, if I could find one with a reasonably acceptable paint job.:frus:

AmanaMatt
10-13-2007, 09:04 PM
So far, just the three versions have hit, the orange, white and grey - black is coming within the legends line up AND THEN they are switching the bodies and will use the evolutions one - for which pauldrons, no one knows.

So far, I have not see the clean white one - the one I want most! Hopefully soon!

Mad Slanted Powers
10-14-2007, 12:12 AM
So far, I have not see the clean white one - the one I want most! Hopefully soon!Same here. I have the orange pauldron (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACSLsand2.asp) version with orangish sand stains, and the grey pauldron (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACSLsand1.asp) version with the muddier look to him. I haven't seen the clean black pauldron (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACSLsand3.asp) or clean white pauldron (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACSLsand4.asp) versions yet. RS shows one other version there but no page on it yet.

bigbarada
10-14-2007, 12:23 AM
They really overdid the "dirty" paint on these guys from what I've seen.

However, I picked up one of the orange-pauldron troopers, mainly for the pauldron.

I've been kitbashing the "perfect" Sandtrooper figure for the last two years now:
1. Evolutions head (first release)
2. Saga2 body (the early versions didn't overdo the paint applications)
3. Saga Legends orange-pauldron (I know the Evolutions figure had an orange-pauldron, but I want one with the pockets :) )

So now he's complete, my "perfect" Sandtrooper figure.:cool:

Mad Slanted Powers
10-14-2007, 12:33 AM

However, I picked up one of the orange-pauldron troopers, mainly for the pauldron.

I've been kitbashing the "perfect" Sandtrooper figure for the last two years now:
3. Saga Legends orange-pauldron (I know the Evolutions figure had an orange-pauldron, but I want one with the pockets :) )

So now he's complete, my "perfect" Sandtrooper figure.:cool:How is it his shins are dirty but his feet are clean?

bigbarada
10-14-2007, 12:38 AM
How is it his shins are dirty but his feet are clean?

He changed his boots for the photo? :D

Actually they all seem to be like that.

DarkArtist
10-14-2007, 07:09 PM
was able to get all 3 version of this guy. got two of each version except for the all white trooper.

DarkArtist
10-14-2007, 07:11 PM

So now he's complete, my "perfect" Sandtrooper figure.:cool:

great custom work. was thinking of doing something like this but wanted to make a custom sandtrooper / clone with the Jango head and AOTC clone or ROTS Clone helmet.

bigbarada
10-15-2007, 01:42 AM
great custom work. was thinking of doing something like this but wanted to make a custom sandtrooper / clone with the Jango head and AOTC clone or ROTS Clone helmet.

Thanks, I'm still going to keep my eyes open for those "clean" Saga Legends Sandtroopers and I might just do a whole body swap and add my own "dirt" later on. The Tantive IV Stormtroopers have the best helmet paint jobs I've seen in a Stormtrooper figure, so one of their heads might get transplanted on. Then I just have to find a way to swap out the utility belt. The Evolutions' belt pops right off, but the VOTC belt has to be cut off. The Evolutions belt won't fit around the VOTC body completely, so I'm considering just gluing it into place, since it's really not supposed to move anyway.

The Evolutions body would be perfect if it just had the ball-socket torso and not such a wide leg stance.

Did anyone else know that the reference photo for the Saga Legends Sandtrooper is actually one of the 501st guys in fan made armor?

Old Fossil
10-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks for clearing all that up for me a bit, everyone.:D

Here's a mini-diorama I did with my growing Sandtrooper battalion. Recent additions of the more poseable Legends trooper helped facilitate the scene (two orange pauldron troopers, two white, one grey, with some swapping around of pauldrons).

I would love to see what could be done with some Banthas, VTSC Tuskens, Sandtroopers, and Dewbacks, and a larger area for the diorama.

bigbarada
10-20-2007, 07:14 AM
"When Dewbacks Attack!" :D

Mad Slanted Powers
10-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Found the clean version with white pauldron at Target last week. Looks like that is the number IV variant listed on the Rebelscum archives. Number III is clean with a black pauldron. I do not have that one. They have a 5th version listed but no picture yet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Does anyone have the clean one with the black pauldron? I've seen the others a few times each and I don't even think the black one is out yet.

What's amazing is that, even if you don't buy multiples of any one release of Sandtrooper, you'll still have a sizable army of them. Hasbro really seems to love churning out these guys.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-27-2007, 05:01 PM
What's amazing is that, even if you don't buy multiples of any one release of Sandtrooper, you'll still have a sizable army of them. Hasbro really seems to love churning out these guys.I have three different Legends sandtroopers, plus a couple from last year, two from the Evolutions sets, a couple POTJ, a couple POTF2, and pack-ins from the Cantina diorama and dewback. That's 13 sandtroopers, and I might have more that I can't think of at the moment.

Also, I'm going to end up with quite a few regular TAC stormtroopers just by buying cases from EE. I think I have 3 so far, and I have 4 more that will be in cases yet to come.

Blue2th
10-27-2007, 05:11 PM
You better break out a couple of Dewbacks! lol

Mad Slanted Powers
10-28-2007, 01:08 AM
I've only got the one.