PDA

View Full Version : Force unleashed 3-3/4 figs

Mando3lite
10-13-2007, 05:27 PM
im suprised no one has posted this, i could find any post other than the minitures game.
anyways here- oh moved to the right to see more

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=22349

Mando3lite
10-13-2007, 05:31 PM
from what i can tell, it looks like the clones went through another change of armour. and vader got a beat down!
and royal guards with lightsabers. like darth maul.

jedi master sal
10-13-2007, 06:40 PM
im suprised no one has posted this, i could find any post other than the minitures game.
anyways here- oh moved to the right to see more

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=22349

That pic is old now. We have known for some time about the first wave of figures. They were revealed at Toy Fair this year, IIRC.

El Chuxter
10-13-2007, 07:09 PM
and vader got a beat down!

Haters (like myself) refer to this one as "S***-Kicked-Out-Of-Him-P****-Vader."

I do not hate the game. The game looks great.

I hate the idea that anyone could cause such a hurting on Vader aside from Obi-Wan, Palpatine, or Luke. And I despise that a storyline allowing such an event was approved. Of course, this is the same Lucasfilm that approved all that Legacy BS.

bigbarada
10-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Wow! That Darth Vader looks so cool! Where can I get one? And an Imperial Officer with breast implants! I'm going to army-build that guy for sure!

:rolleyes:

Kidhuman
10-13-2007, 08:05 PM
I am going to pass on most of these figures. The female imperial officer I will get as well as the black Royal Guard.

DarkArtist
10-14-2007, 06:20 PM
I have to say I am really looking forward to seeing this line in stores. It will be like back in the SOTE days. I really really really want Juno Eclipse. I planning on getting around 4 of the comic pack version so I can have a female officer in the traditional grey uniform and about 10 of Juno in the black outfit. would love to build a squad of female Imperials.

I really hope they give us a TIE Crawler vehicle as well as Vader's Apprentice.

Jangu Fett
10-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Didn't anyone see the SW Purge comic? Vader was beat down, pretty badly in that.

As for Vaders Secret Apprentice, I positive that 1 or 2 figures will be made of him. He is the lead charater of the game. There was a rumor list over at RS. It's stated around 10 figures, some figure packs, and 2 vehicles to be released. Of course 1 of the "vehicles" isn't one at all, it's a Rancor with Rider, the other was the Rogue Shadow. I hope it's made, with no dumb tricks, like the Sith Infiltrator.

And they did show a pic of Vaders apprentice, it was in the Unleashed mini sets. http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=20472

El Chuxter
10-15-2007, 12:57 PM
That's my point.

ANY EU that makes Vader such a pansy is unforgivable. I could overlook it in Purge or Dark Lord, since he was still so new to the armor that he was still getting used to it. But in those, also, he only lost an arm at worst. In Force Unleashed, it looks like there's not much left.

Simply put, if just anyone can hurt Vader so badly, what's the point of this uber-villain? He's just a wuss in a suit of armor.

Jangu Fett
10-15-2007, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't call him a uber-villian, as you say. Did you see Ep.3?? Anakin was a great swordsman, but still a wuss. He was so whinny when it came to Padme.

And when we are first introduced, to Vader, there are no Jedi left to challenge him. Even after EP3, not many Jedi are left alive. Those that did survive Order 66, had to deal with all the Clones and Bounty Hunters looking for them. Thinning the number of Jedi, even further. So who accually know how long after Ep3,this game takes place. And even in the original trilogy Vader was nowhere near the fighter he was. He looked rather stiff fighting Luke and Obi-Wan.

El Chuxter
10-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Sigh.

We were introduced to Vader, no matter what Lucas might want to say now, when he walks onto the Tantive IV and strangles Antilles to death. For an entire generation, he was the uber-villain. Dr Doom? Lex Luthor? Amateurs. Vader can crush a guy's windpipe from across the room, he can simply block laser bolts with his hands, and no one can defeat him. No one. Except for himself, with the help of his son.

The prequels cannot change the way we thought about Darth Vader for the 22 years prior to Episode I. Period.

bigbarada
10-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Star Wars was released in 1977 (the "A New Hope" title wasn't added until 1978).

Episode 3 was released in 2005, so his first appearance is as Chux said, on the Tantive IV in 1977.

For 6 years, Darth Vader was the most cold-blooded and ruthless villian in existence. That changed somewhat in 1983, when he redeemed himself by saving Luke; but he was still seen as the ultimate movie villain for 18 more years until some bratty kid wearing a cheap Darth Vader suit showed up in Episode 3.

Blue2th
10-15-2007, 05:17 PM
As far as I can tell, it's only Vader's clothes and helmet that take the beating.
I would hope he kept on fighting and probably was victorious.
Maybe they just got blown off by the exaust of an X-Wing, or he fought off an AT-ST like in SOTE.
It would have to be something intense to do that to the uber-villian :yes:

Sinscia Fat'o
10-15-2007, 06:00 PM
we dont know who rocked vader's world...it could be palpatine...maybe vader and his apprentice try to take over the empire.... and besides as cool as vader was back in the day didnt all that change with the prequels...isn't luke the king billy bad *** on the block now...??? We shouldnt be so hard on force unleashed until we get the game and sit down and play it...cause never know maybe there's a good reason why vader got his @$$ handed to him.

El Chuxter
10-15-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm not being hard on the game. I suspect the game is going to kick butt that has never been kicked before. I'm just not hip on anyone whooping Vader like that.

However, if it is Palpatine who does it, thus adding some gravitas to the otherwise unexplained line in ROTJ ("You don't know the power of the Dark Side. I must obey my Master."), I have no problem with it. I actually had never considered that possibility.

Jangu Fett
10-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Look, I'm not trying to argue " Who's the Better Villian?". Vader is not doubt, a straight up bad-###. But even than, to quote Gui-Gon Jinn "There's always a bigger fish". And Blue2th, right we don't know who actually does this to him. Although, I do like the idea that it's the Emperor. Maybe a cut-scene at the end of the game, a lesson on just who is the master. And to be honest, Vader is one of my favorite charaters, next to Boba Fett.

Sinscia Fat'o
10-15-2007, 06:46 PM
It's been a theory of mine since seeing that figure almost a year ago that vader and his apprentice try to take on palaptine (Hence the emperor figure with force lighting in the line as well) The reason i think this is how many times as Anakin/Vader talked about taking control over the galaxy? Like three times in six movies? I just hope it's not something or someone stupid that takes Vader to the limit of his combat skills, though knowing how things go with Star Wars video games (Battle Fronts excluded since it has been the best star wars games of all time) vader's defeat will be a ewok or jawa trained under the tutilage of darth maul sith holokraun, that obi wan sent after vader and his secret apprentice....whom yoda trained in episode two, the kid who couldn't recall how to turn the lights back on after obi wan was looking for kamino...just a theory :)

I can understand everyone not liking vader getting messed up, since he is the star wars icon, but he had to become more machine than man some how.

Blue2th
10-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Palpatine knocking him back down to size, like the Alpha male boss sounds plausable. He is after all the "Master" He basically killed or mortally wounded Vader with mis-directed Force-Lightning while trying to fry Luke.

We know he had to harbor some kind of bitter resentment to the Emperor for luring him in with empty promises of saving Padme, even though he killed her himself. (what a tortured soul)

I kinda like the idea of Vader standing behind a Star Destroyer taking off, and getting somewhat blasted, using the force to protect himself.
I mean his flesh has already been seared by lava, so he wouldn't feel much pain.
It would be a cool effect to see, and looking at the figure it seems that his garb is blasted by something and not carved off by Lightsaber.

Maybe he scrapped with a few Rancors at once?

tagmac
10-15-2007, 08:07 PM
That Vader is the only figure I will try to get from that series. Looks like I'll be saving some money in '08 on these figures.

Sinscia Fat'o
10-16-2007, 11:14 AM
That Vader is the only figure I will try to get from that series. Looks like I'll be saving some money in '08 on these figures.

Tagmac, i was just wondering why being so hard on the line? why only vader?

The vader is indeed a great figure from the line, though why being so hard on this line up? The zabrick female jedi (Name escapes me), looks awesome! Juno Eclipse is a land mark figure meaning if it wasn't for her we wouldn't be getting the other female Impireal officers. That makes her worth getting in of itself. The emperor force lighting chucker action figure...kinda blah, but if it's done right it might be worth getting, one of those i'll have to see in person before i get. The only figure im not really digging at this point is the samurai looking jedi...while im going to get him, he's just not exciting or very star wars feeling...kinda looks like Mc Obi Wan, thats actually a character now.

El Chuxter
10-16-2007, 11:31 AM
The problem with Ms Eclipse is that, according to every bit of EU that's come before (and this hasn't been contradicted by the prequels), the Empire is notoriously sexist. There's only one female Admiral, and she was promoted in secret.

Funny, we're getting two of these stupid female Imperial figures before Daala. What a crock of crap.

And it was revealed on this very site that the samurai Jedi's name is Bu'ts Echs. Just ask Slicker.

Blue2th
10-16-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm gonna get them.
If they don't fit in with my Star Wars displays, I can always put some of them (the Samurai) fighting my GI Joe Ninjas :ninja:

tagmac
10-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Tagmac, i was just wondering why being so hard on the line? why only vader?

They just don't feel like "Star Wars" figures to me. Unlike previous EU which was based on previously-established books/comics, this seems to have come out of left field (Shadows seemed to have more of a lead-in, and to be fair, if I wasn't such a completist back then, I'd have probably ignored 4 of the 7 figs). To me, it feels like a bad way to market figures that takes away from slots belonging to the many movie-figs we're waiting/begging for (like Yarnaa and the mother Ewok w/ Wokling, Endor Battle R2), and the few vintage remakes we're still waiting on (Sim Aloo, Black Bespin Guard, Woof/Klaatu, Lumat, & Warok).

Additionally, I've reached a point in my life where i have to curb down my collecting to just figures and the occasional small vehicle (skipped the more accurate Y-Wing, but will get the Cloud Car if it ever comes out) or Sideshow figure. With the figures, if they aren't movie-related figures, or previously established EU (Zahn novels, young Jedi series), I'm better off saving my money. The Vader looks really cool, but when I saw the Samurai and that ridiculous-looking Stormtrooper, I basically said that's it for me on these.

jedi master sal
10-16-2007, 03:51 PM
While I like the stormtroopers from TFU, I won't be displaying them with my other figures. They will stand seperate.

My feeling and thoughts on the TFU Stormies is that they are all wrong. At the end of ROTS we see how the ships are now all gray (Both the V-wing and the Republic Cruiser). Now i's safe to say that the Clones started to wear all white armor then as well.

In order for Palpatine to maintain control, he needed to get the different legions out of their respective colors and into all white. This cuts down on individualism. Doing that keeps the troops in line and focused on the task at hand rather than feeling like they were individuals or at the least a specific legion (by their markings).

So the cones/stormtroopers of TFU shouldn't have colored markings on them. As well, they need to start looking MORE like traditional OT stormies and not some kitbashed carp thought up in some game designer's mind.

The clones of ROTS were already movie toward the OT direction. Strip them of the color markings and they look very close. TFU adding back in color markings and funky armor not related to the OT just feels wrong.

So yes, I'll get the figures, but I won't army build heavily and they won't be displayed alongside the rest. (Well except maybe some female Imperial officers.)

Jangu Fett
10-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Ok, well the new stormtroopers, are specialized trooper. One is a Evo Trooper, and the other is a Ravus Prime trooper. I seen the names on the Force Unleashed mini game poster. I guess, seeing that Raxus Prime is a garbage planet some of the Imperial forces need protection from some toxic or polluted material.

Funny, we're getting two of these stupid female Imperial figures before Daala. What a crock of crap.

And it was revealed on this very site that the samurai Jedi's name is Bu'ts Echs. Just ask Slicker.

What is the other female Imp. figure? I know of Eclipse, and the other is a rogue jedi Maris Brood. And the samurai jedis name is General Rahm Kota. I would like to have seen a Daala figure done, but I not in charge. Someone at Hasbro thinks this is more important. It has been said that TFU is the next multi-media project, like Shadows of the Empire. However, unlike Shadows this isn't a one shot story, rumors from the game designers said that a second TFU game, is in the works. Featuring the same "core" charaters, as the first game. And consider that this game will be canon, I guess they want this figures done defore, Hasbro considers any EU, any "less recongized" figures. Not all fans plays all the games, and read all the books.

Sinscia Fat'o
10-16-2007, 05:04 PM
That is true the empire was indeed sexist and dint enlist females in their ranks. though in this day and age how long was that to really last? Im all for any female figure in the star wars lines, they make great addtions and great customs. Eclpise is no different, though i do agree about Daala being made first, maybe in the comic packs in 08?

I also understand that some of the figures dont have the star wars feel, the storm troopers are horriable and should have never been made, but we'll see why they strayed from lucas's plans from episode three.

El Chuxter
10-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Sorta like the Airborne Trooper, where the resculpt hit shelves first (in the Mace Windu's Battalion set), the Juno Eclipse sculpt is being released next year in a comic pack where it's some Rebel in disguise as an Imperial officer. I dunno who; I gave up totally on the SW comics when it became more important to fit as many futuristic half-naked Twi'lek Sith Lords in each book than it was to actually tell any sort of enjoyable story.

Jangu Fett
10-16-2007, 10:21 PM
lol

Come on, don't talk like that about Darth Talon. Aside from the half-naked Sith running around, Legacy is a good series.

However back to the Force Unleashed, I am alittle dissapointed that, with the leaked mini game poster. The actual canon ending, for the video game was reviled. I like the figures shown from both the 3 3/4 inch and the miniatures, I just wish the mini Juno Eclipse looked like the larger version. I won't say how they are different, it might ruin the ending for those who want to wait actually play the video game. To see how it ends.

I'm more worried that Hasbro will add some stupid gimic to the 3 3/4 inch Rogue Shadow, like that splitting front end of the Sith Infiltrator. Or the "Fight or Flight" gimic for the AOTC Jedi Fighter. I'm sorry but, I don't remember either the Infiltrator or JSF doing these tricks in the movies, or comics, or games. Or anywhere for that matter. All I want is the figures to look as good as the prototypes at TF did and a gimic-free Rogue Shadow.

El Chuxter
10-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Come on, don't talk like that about Darth Talon. Aside from the half-naked Sith running around, Legacy is a good series.

Yeah, you're right. But you left out the other things that suck about Legacy: Aside from the half-naked Sith running around, all the other stupid Sith running around, the total lack of story, the total lack of characterization, the blandness and fanboyishness of what passes for writing, the coincidences that even Lucas wouldn't dare touch, the total p***ing on the entire "balance of the Force" established by the movies, and the inability of two people who are only working on this book to keep a monthly schedule, it really is a good series.

I feel like I've been down this road before.

:p

Sinscia Fat'o
10-17-2007, 03:22 PM
LOL, if i had a buck for everytime i've either had or heard this conversation about legacy i would be a rich rich man. Though as much as i think the characters in legacy have a great look to them (I got a thing for half naked twliek chicks :love:) The writing is pretty bad, the progress of the story is very step by step almost something set from a template, though majority of the star wars fan boys dig it, which is all that's important to lucas.

Back to TFU, im in agreeance if these figures look as good as they do in person as the prototypes did in pics from the conventions. Needless to say im eagerly antipating these things.

El Chuxter
10-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Yeah, if the story was decent, I could get into it. Unfortunately, all the SW comics seem to be all about pandering to fanboy tastes right now. Nothing wrong with fanboys; anyone who collects toys or reads comics has some fanboy in them. (I'll be the first to admit that Superman vs Batman is always a good idea, even if it never makes logical sense.) It's just that I'd like a strong story to go with my goofy explosions and crazy looking robots. Otherwise, at $3 per comic per month, it's more expensive than two good paperback novels.

Mando3lite
10-18-2007, 11:10 PM
well i read all the vader posts and i have to say, i think palpatine did it.
not his secret apprentice. My theory is vader and the apprentice try to over throw palpatine, and he puts vader back in his place and does away with the apprentice.Hehehe

or palpy keeps the apprentice around and he'll show up in EU as so sort of imperial agent, kinda like Mara.

El Chuxter
10-19-2007, 12:47 AM
As yet another of the ever-increasing number of "Emperor's Hands." Despite Mara thinking she was the only one, I think the last count is five, right? (Mara, Roganda Ismaren, Marek Stele, Arden Lyn, and I'm pretty sure one other.)

Jangu Fett
10-19-2007, 08:10 AM
If you look at a picture of TFU mini game poster, you can see how the canon ending goes. The SA does survive, but..................... sorry. Almost spoiled the ending.

El Chuxter
10-19-2007, 09:24 AM
He goes into hiding as a bad comedian and changes his name to Garry Shandling?

Now that's clever! :)

Mando3lite
10-19-2007, 07:17 PM
could some one please post a link to the poster, i have yet to see it :sad:

Jangu Fett
10-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Here you go, just remember, if you don't want to know how the game ends. Don't look........SPOILER ALERT

http://khryssun.free.fr/starwars-miniatures/Preview_FU.php

El Chuxter
10-23-2007, 09:35 AM
"Uggernaut"? That's friggin' awesome!!

I bet money that all these Jedi characters are dead within 18 years.

jedi master sal
10-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Here you go, just remember, if you don't want to know how the game ends. Don't look........SPOILER ALERT

http://khryssun.free.fr/starwars-miniatures/Preview_FU.php

Thanks for that link. I posted the poster link a couple of weeks back. This new link shows the minis better and now we know the names of each one and their rarity.

Sinscia Fat'o
10-25-2007, 05:17 PM
that looks like an awesome set, I should have known Revan would make the set....Nomi Sun Rider should have been in the set before him though!!! Oh well. Amanin scout looks cool, and Juno!!

Mad Slanted Powers
10-31-2007, 09:50 PM
I don't think having the ravaged Darth Vader makes him less of a villain. It probably makes him more of one to know that he suffered that damage and lived. If this is a battle that he won, imagine what the other guy looks like. Also, as has been said, it could have been something the Emperor did to him.