PDA

View Full Version : This SAGA toy forum contains SPOILERS!

JediTricks
02-10-2002, 09:57 AM
Due to recent concern, this thread is here to let everybody know that the SSG "Hasbro Saga Toys" section of the forums is a SPOILER environment. If you wish to discuss AOTC toys in a spoiler-free environment, please read my post below for instructions:

Up until now, we (the moderating staff) have assumed that anybody talking about AOTC toys would be "spoiled" by those toys, so they wouldn't worry about spoilers. This has worked for the past few months and worked for Hasbro's Episode I line as well, but obviously, some folks don't consider images of the toys "spoilers" anymore. While I'm sympathetic with the plight of the spoiler-free-fan, on this issue, I think we're already being spoiled by the images of the toys. However, if you want to discuss the toys in a spoiler-free environment, you may do so in the POTJ section; however, the Saga Toy section will remain spoiler-rich - this Saga section already has months and months of spoilers.

Any thread made in the POTJ section about AOTC must include "AOTC" in the title and a big NO SPOILERS in the opening post. You'll have to tread VERY lightly on the spoiler issue, even toy details posted on StarWars.com or StarWars.Hasbro.com could be considered spoilers, so please be careful or the thread could end up getting mangled by moderator editing (probably by my heavy hand) or simply moved over to the Saga toy section.

In a few months, this won't matter, but for now, this is how it has to be (or until we figure something better out).

DarthMaulSithLord
04-12-2002, 05:59 PM
I don't really like this "merging". It's hard to avoid spoilers since most of the posters already mention them in their subjects. I just stumbled upon a very big spoiler when i accidentally hit the wrong topic and *Boom*, my E2 experience is to hell. Now i don't want to rant and start a war here, but it just irritates the crap out of me. Why are there always people that don't think about others? I want to avoid spoilers and that should be respected. I have had several encounters with spoilers because people didn't think when they posted a topic and just blew out the spoiler in the subject line.

I'm leaving this board for the time being till the movie hits, i've seen too much spoilers already. My SW experience is again wasted by people that don't give a damn about others. Thanks to all who acted before thinking.

I'll be back May 18.

:frus:

Jedi_Rainman
04-13-2002, 04:19 AM
Maybe you should start looking a little harder before clicking!

Hellboy
04-13-2002, 11:56 AM
I love spoilers

JediTricks
04-13-2002, 02:48 PM
DMSL is right, the merger definitely made things a little more difficult for non-spoiler people. I'm really sorry about what happened DMSL, perhaps you should just concentrate on the POTJ section for now, that area is spoiler-free.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-14-2002, 12:49 AM
Better yet, just visit the POTF forum. I don't think anyone's posting in there anymore. :)

BobaFett
04-14-2002, 04:57 PM
No, merging is a good idea there are alot of threads in these forums.

paingame
04-15-2002, 03:22 PM
I don't know why anyone would get upset about "spoilers". I mean, No one knows for sure what is going to be in AOTC until we see it on the big screen. I take everything I see on the net about AOTC as here-say unless it is quoted from a reliable source. I think it's fun trying to figure out what will happen in AOTC before we see it. Plus it gives us something to do (and talk about) until May 16th.

pthfnder89
04-18-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by paingame
I don't know why anyone would get upset about "spoilers". I mean, No one knows for sure what is going to be in AOTC until we see it on the big screen. I take everything I see on the net about AOTC as here-say unless it is quoted from a reliable source.

Up until 6 months ago I would have agreed with you paingame. I don't buy into rumours very easily.

But we are close enough now to the movies release that a lot of the "spoilers" (at least in these forums) are CONFIRMED to happen in the film.