PDA

View Full Version : We have Toyfair pics!

Xanatho
02-10-2002, 12:03 PM
Incredible!!

http://www.tradefederation.net/pages/features/toyfair2002/#p

Xanatho
02-10-2002, 12:10 PM
:eek: I can't stop going back and looking! That playset is so incredibly awsome looking. Where am I going to put all of this stuff? The Endor troops look so sweet. We actually get two varients? Su-Weet! I can't stop drooling...

Beast
02-10-2002, 12:20 PM
Some of it looks pretty sweet, like the playset the Endor troopers and the royal guard, Dooku, and Han and Chewie look great. But good lord, what did they do to Jar Jar? I thought we were gonna get him in his Senator outfit, and he's in some different outfit and in a fighting action pose. What the hell, does Jar Jar lead one of the squads of the Clonetroopers?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Fulit
02-10-2002, 12:39 PM
This leads to more questions:

Why are we getting another Han and Chewie, and what is that in Han's hand?

What IS up with Jar Jar?

How much is that huge playset going to be, and where am I going to put it?

What's up with the Endor Troopers uniforms? Is that some EU thing?

Orn Free Ta looks pretty cool, don't you think?

What music do you think the Clone Commander is dancing to?

Xanatho
02-10-2002, 12:43 PM
That is a charge in Han's hand. The ones that he uses in Return of the Jedi to blow up the Endor base ;)

Beast
02-10-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
This leads to more questions:
Why are we getting another Han and Chewie, and what is that in Han's hand?
What IS up with Jar Jar?
How much is that huge playset going to be, and where am I going to put it?
What's up with the Endor Troopers uniforms? Is that some EU thing?
Orn Free Ta looks pretty cool, don't you think?

Why not another Han and Chewie, both are versions people have been asking for. That's Han Solo Endor and what's in his hand is one of the lil explosives, like came with the 12" figure. I bet he will have a cloth duster. The Chewie is a new Bespin version, with the destroyed C-3PO and cargo net.

Don't ask me whats up with Jar Jar, that pose makes zero sense unless like I said he leads one of the clonetrooper squads into battle. Either way, I bet alot of people will actually ask for a JJB resculpt this time. :(

The playset has a MSRP of 39.99. Not to bad for a nice sized playset like this. Definatly will buy this one to display my action posed Jedi's in. :)

Nah, not EU. It's like what they did with the Bespin Guard I believe, sculpted it with his jacket open. It's not as movie accurate, cause I don't remember them ever opening their jackets until maybe at the ewok celebration, but it still looks ok.

I agree, Orn Fre Taa looks great. I was hoping that the Jar Jar Figure would look good standing next to him, in a neutral pose meeting with Chancellor Palpatine. To bad they decided to pose him in a combat stance. That ticks me off more then the action posed Jedi's. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrossWizard
02-10-2002, 01:02 PM
Holy crap!! a playset, and a freaking cool one too!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!

Lord Tenebrous
02-10-2002, 01:03 PM
Pros:

* 12" and 3" Dooku looks really good

* C-3PO looks much better

* Improved Royal Guard

* Playset includes energy binds that held Obi-Wan (seen in all three trailers)

Cons:

* Jar Jar w/ rehashed electropole that he never uses

* Orn Free Taa w/ rehashed cam droid that he never uses

* Mace 3" has a terrible face

* Yoda Deluxe is worse than the Ep1 version, shouldn't be deluxe, and is one-pose

* Geonosian and Yoda color scheme don't match CGI model

?'s

Is the Droid (Arena) the Battle Droid in the Arena Playset with the large gun?

hairless chewie
02-10-2002, 01:38 PM
Thats the sound of my jaw hitting the floor. Its high times we're living bros. Sure there are a few stinkers in there but they are not the finished product. A few are probably painted prototypes. Once we get it in the package, I'm sure that they will look even better. Good times ahead!!

Beast
02-10-2002, 01:50 PM
Yakface has pics up also, including some not shown yet at the other site. Including E1 Qui-Gon, Luminaria, and what they are calling Palpatine's assistance, but it's actually someone from the ANH cantina. I think his name is Djas Puhr? I need to dig out my cards again for all the names. Warning, the images are huge and take along time to load. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AreTwo-DeeTwo
02-10-2002, 02:00 PM
Finally a glimpse of the 12 inch Zuckuss :D

Yeah the playset looks pretty good IMO.

Wolfwood319
02-10-2002, 02:05 PM
Some really kickass stuff I wasn't expecting. That list of 2002 figures we saw back in August was correct appearently. We get a Chewie w/ 3P0, Endor guards, etc.

Even some of the AOTC stuff looks good too. That playset is incredible, but I don't like the cheap card board appliance around it. $40 bucks isn't that bad either. I might have to pick up some jedis and whatever it is they fight in the arena and add to my display shelf.

I liked about 75%-80% of what I saw, much better than I was hoping for. I'm so glad we still get OT stuff as well.

mabudonicus
02-10-2002, 02:06 PM
Neat!! I likes em. Jar Jar looksa pretty neat. Hey, is dooku's lighsaber bent on purpose, or by accident (or would this observation be a spoiler?!?) Wooooooo!!!!

hairless chewie
02-10-2002, 02:10 PM
You were right Jar Jar, yak face is ssslllooowwww. Any other links that go a little faster??? They have a bunch of new stuff but it's impossible to download unless you have big blue. I'll probably blow the whole night trying to download images.....what a life!

Beast
02-10-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by mabudon
Neat!! I likes em. Jar Jar looksa pretty neat. Hey, is dooku's lighsaber bent on purpose, or by accident (or would this observation be a spoiler?!?) Wooooooo!!!!

It's bent on purpose. Part of it was just to give the charecter somthing unique, like Maul's double bladed saber. But from what I understand, its built more for for fencing style combat, then sword style like a lightsaber. Since Christopher Lee is an accomplished fencer they decided to give him a saber that was better built for a more elegent kind of fighting.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
02-10-2002, 02:18 PM
Why is that clonetrooper pink?!? And his hand is bent in a wierd way, probably so he can hold his gun?

Yakface is ungodly slow. Ugggg....

Yoda looks kind of cool, he looks pretty accurate from what I've seen in the trailers.

So far I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would. Good thing I got a raise this year.

Lord Tenebrous
02-10-2002, 02:20 PM
Djas Puhr, you are correct, JarJar :)

I'm still a little disappointed that TESB 3PO looks like a piece of robopoo, but everything is looking good thus far, if not quite to my personal taste. ;)

Beast
02-10-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Why is that clonetrooper pink?!? And his hand is bent in a wierd way, probably so he can hold his gun?
Yakface is ungodly slow. Ugggg....
Yoda looks kind of cool, he looks pretty accurate from what I've seen in the trailers.
So far I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would. Good thing I got a raise this year.

I think it's supposed to be red, but it's a prototype as well as probably a bad picture. Guess from what we've seen so far confirms the online lists. :)

Yakface is horribly slow, they could have atleast run the pics thru photoshop and cut them down. Ugh, horrible. Nice to see part of Chancellor Palpy's body in the Jar Jar pic there though. Looks cool.

Yoda is rocking, infact they are all pretty damn cool, IMHO. The one figure that I don't like is the Jar Jar Binks Senator figure. Ugh, what is the deal with that pose. Like I said, possibly he leads one of the groups of clone troopers, but thats one thing I havent confirmed. We need a re-sculpt, its not even his senator outfit from the trailers!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
02-10-2002, 02:29 PM
NOW...everyone is seeing the pics and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread!!!

mark2d2
02-10-2002, 02:31 PM
Amazing stuff. Wowwee!

And I KNEW that ATOC C3PO was going to look better and better as we got more pics in. Now I can't wait for this figure!!! Go Threepio Go!

hairless chewie
02-10-2002, 02:32 PM
Jar Jar in Wacko Jacko battle outfit!!!

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 02:34 PM
( looks up at the sky)

THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU

THERE SO FRICKIN AWSOME !! MY GOD I'M SORRY FOR YELLING BUT THERE SWWWWEEEEETTTTTTT!!!

DAMMIT APRL HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!

Wolfwood319
02-10-2002, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I'm a big hypocrite I guess. There are still figures I don't like, like telescoping Anakin and busty Padme, but I'm much more impressed than I thought I would be. Seeing them all together helps too.

I think that Jar Jar is kind of cool, I'm guessing he battles something in AOTC, and what's that stuff around his staff? Wierd.

Let's get more pics!!!

Beast
02-10-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I think that Jar Jar is kind of cool, I'm guessing he battles something in AOTC, and what's that stuff around his staff? Wierd.

Ok, I'm looking at the blown up picture somemore...and I guess the shock of seeing him posed and in a different outfit then the senatorial one has worn off. I agree, he is pretty cool looking after all. I just hope that later on we get a regular generic posed JJB in his Senatorial robes, that I can stand with the awesome looking Chancellor Palpy and Orn Fre Taa. :)

Oh, if you can get the Yakface pics to load, the jedi's loook great. They will look just awesome standing posed together in the arena battle playset. Luminaria, Seasee Tiin, and the Nikto Jedi are wonderful sculpts...can't wait for these. Oh, and look at the Jango behind the Nikto Jedi, it must be the arena version, and he has an attachable flamethrower flames. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

yaddle yodas love pu
02-10-2002, 03:13 PM
All that stuff looks great. So far the only item out of all the stuff Ive seen that I wont get would be "deluxe" Obi Wan

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 03:28 PM
Question When is that Dooku comeing out ? the 3 " one

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 03:32 PM
onnneeeee more thing where is the delux Obi-Wan i don't see him unless you're taking about him in the playset oneeee more thing is that brokein Battle Droid form Maces dexlue set ?

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 03:34 PM
oh one last question where is the Jedi anakin 3 " fig havent seen that one yet

Beast
02-10-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
Question When is that Dooku comeing out ? the 3 " one

oh one last question where is the Jedi anakin 3 " fig havent seen that one yet

From what Ive heard, both of these figures will be avaliable in late May/early June. They should have been in the first assortment, but were held back, because they were considered to be to spoiler rich figures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 03:41 PM
ahh ok thanks Jar Jar

Lord Tenebrous
02-10-2002, 03:45 PM
Jar Jar doesn't fight at all, I think it's just an added play feature. I'd imagine we're getting a Bail Organa with booty-kicking action. :rolleyes:

Beast
02-10-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Jar Jar doesn't fight at all, I think it's just an added play feature. I'd imagine we're getting a Bail Organa with booty-kicking action. :rolleyes:

Are you so sure Lord Tenebrous. The Chancellor Palpatine and Orn Fre Taa figures are basic posed figures. They wouldn't do an action posed Jar Jar if he doesnt fight in the movie. Especially since the figure is wearing a different outfit, then whats shown in the trailers. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

odb
02-10-2002, 03:51 PM
OK, I'm going out on a limb here but, I don't like the look of the new playset. I think it looks like it should have He-Man standing in front of it. Could it be an offspring of Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain?

The figures all look pretty good with the exception of the Super Battle Droid (still looks like a 50s B-movie extra).

Maybe the film version of the playset will fit in better, the playset just doesn't look like a Star Wars playset.

Lord Tenebrous
02-10-2002, 04:17 PM
Here are some different shots from TFN...

Anakin Unleashed is bad, and Vader is barely unleashed:

Anakin (http://www.theforce.net/collecting/toyfair2002/unleashed_anakin.jpg)

Vader (http://www.theforce.net/collecting/toyfair2002/unleashed_vader.jpg)

Zam, miraculously, fits inside her speeder:

Speeders (http://www.theforce.net/collecting/toyfair2002/speeders.jpg)

The Gunship is amazing:

Gunship (http://www.theforce.net/collecting/toyfair2002/attack_gunship1.jpg)

Close-up of OT 12"...looking great. Count Dooku Joachi is definately the best AOTC one there.

OT Twelve Inch (http://www.theforce.net/collecting/toyfair2002/12_orig_trilogy.jpg)

Fulit
02-10-2002, 04:25 PM
Is that the Bespin Duel Vader or the one that's going to be a Convention exclusive?

Lord Tenebrous
02-10-2002, 04:29 PM
That's the 7" Vader Unleashed. There's also the carded exclusive floating around here, and it looks like there might be a 12" Vader, too...

Edit: I don't know if there Ultimate Villain 12" Jango Fett and Darth Vader are still packed together. Sounds like they might be separate items now.

stardog24
02-10-2002, 05:24 PM
Clone commander with pink nail polish is terrible. Other than that (and maybe Battling Jar Jar) everything looks great. The Unleashed Anakin looks like stupid Justin Timberlake. That sucks. What I REALLY dig is the Playschool ships and figures. Too bad my son is just now getting too old for Playschool toys. :(

Jargo
02-10-2002, 05:37 PM
Hello, doubting Thomas here.
if anyone's managed to download the yakface pics and resize them to a managable size :rolleyes: would it be too much to ask if you could mail them tome. I have the worst connection ever right now and it's taken me twenty minutes to get into this thread, so there's no way i'm goint to access a busy site with pics on offer. I'd be really grateful and I promise to not diss everything just because. I'll try to be subjective if i can or just not say. Please... somebody....? :stupid:

Beast
02-10-2002, 05:44 PM
Hey Emporer Jargo, give Rebelscum and TheJawa.com a try for pictures. They have basically the same stuff that yakface has up, but in decent sizes so that its easily veiwable. Hit Theforce.net as well, they have some the others dont have yet, like the republic gunship.

Hey, did anyone notice the fact that there is another Zam Wesell figure in the basic line on display seperate from the preview assortment version. She has the veil away from her face, jointed knees, and it looks like a removable waist cape so she can easily fit in her speeder! Take a look at the Orn Fre Taa, Chancelor Palpatine, and Senator Jar Jar pic as well. :)

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=tf2002/tf2002zamwessell.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=tf2002/tf2002groupshotofAOTC.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
02-10-2002, 05:48 PM
I'll put it into logical form...

500 KB at 0.5 KB/sec = 16.7 Minutes per picture.

P = Those pictures are interesting = TRUE

Q = I have the patience to download them = FALSE

P V Q = TRUE

P ^ Q = FALSE

The 'and' situation applies here, therefore it is logically false for me to download the interesting pictures. :(

Sebulba524
02-10-2002, 05:50 PM
TFN has some great pics. I love the Republic Gunship. Nikto Jedi looks cool, as does Sae-See Tiin. The Jango Fett with the flamethrower looks cool too.

PloKoon2385
02-10-2002, 06:14 PM
Tradefederation.net is down or is too busy. Can someone post the pics there Pleeeeeeeeeeez!:cry:

Lord Tenebrous
02-10-2002, 06:39 PM
Rebelscum Archive (http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2002-8.asp)

Featuring such great pictures as:

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 06:40 PM
Jar Jar i got 4 more questions if you don't mind me asking you this

When is Qui-gon gona be released?

why is Qui-Gon's saber Blue ?

and when are the other Jedis and the Mace Windo in pain and the Jedi Knight role playing kit comeing out ?

and is that cabble Jango attached to him gona shoke him to death ? or is his arm gona fall off ?

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 06:59 PM
sorry nee to fit one more when is the Obi-wan with real wool cloke comeing out ?

chewie
02-10-2002, 07:05 PM
A few questions.

What is that lightning-rod thing the imperial guard has?

What in thw world is that force-water-like-substance thingie the nikto jedi has? I guess its another deflection bolt action piece of plastic, but it looks even weirder than the others do.

How do those female jedi fight in those giant dresses? I guess when you're a jedi clothes don't hinder you, but dang. The girls look like they're going to a ball gussied up like that.

Beast
02-10-2002, 07:18 PM
Jar Jar i got 4 more questions if you don't mind me asking you this
When is Qui-gon gona be released?
why is Qui-Gon's saber Blue ?
and when are the other Jedis and the Mace Windo in pain and the Jedi Knight role playing kit comeing out ?
and is that cabble Jango attached to him gona shoke him to death ? or is his arm gona fall off ?

Qui-Gon will probably come out later in the year. It's possibly not an E1 figure after all, from what I can tell. Notice the fact of his blue lightsaber as well as he only has a goatee. It's probably from E2 when they go into the jedi archives and bring up a holoimage picture of Count Dooku that Qui-Gon also appears in. Since supposedly Qui was Dooku's former padawan. Or, Hasbro screwed up and stuck a blue blade on his hilt. :)

I dunno about the date for sure of the other figures, sometime later in the year. Probably before October, because they usually dont show figures from 4th quarter at Toy Fair. I dont understand your last question, sorry. But I dont think it's Mace in pain, I think its more Mace shouting a battle cry.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-10-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by chewie
A few questions.
What is that lightning-rod thing the imperial guard has?
What in thw world is that force-water-like-substance thingie the nikto jedi has? I guess its another deflection bolt action piece of plastic, but it looks even weirder than the others do.
How do those female jedi fight in those giant dresses? I guess when you're a jedi clothes don't hinder you, but dang. The girls look like they're going to a ball gussied up like that.

It's the force pike that they were seen carrying in ROTJ. It's somewhat like the Gungan Electropole from E1. It's shooting electricity which thankfully is removable.

On the Nikto Jedi, its not a force action. It's a stylised sweep of his lightsaber, its supposed to look like he was moving his saber when a picture was taken, and thats the flare. Not very good looking, but again...removable. :)

I think it will be pretty cool to see the female jedi's twirling and slashing while their long gown-like cloaks are billowing. It will look great on film, and you can definatly see why they had to sculpt these figures action posed. I bet some of them will get basic standing poses later.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 07:25 PM
in one picture theres jango with a cabble attched to mace i wonder whats its doing to him besides hurting him shokeing him or cuting his arm off.......

you something i was right aobut there being a Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter fig cuase there he is in the real feel robe i wonder when thats comeing out

DARN IT HASBRO GIVE US SOME DATES!

Jargo
02-10-2002, 07:40 PM
Royal guard has a force pike and presumably that's da force :)

Love the beasties! Nexu, Roga/Massif (?) with the Geonosian, Reek still lookin' good, Acklay could do without the gut spillin' but a nce new beastie fer me collexion.

Zams speedr with the panels removed looks pretty good. Nice crash feature there. ;) Like Anakins speeder too. republic attack gunship is impressive and large but not large enough now I come to think on it. How does it travel through space with those doors open :D Slave-1 kicks it big time! jedi starfighter is still nice looking but a lame idea.

Nikto jedi has some kind of water pistol up his sleeve by the look of it. Mace with his silly jellyfish force thing. Jango with his party balloon. Plo with his magic flowers trick. Stupid looking things they packed in.

Orn Free Taa is magnificent!!!!!! Far and away the nicest looking figure even if he is a salt shaker. Palpatine looks alright as long as they don't overdo the liver spots on his face in the production process. Luminari looks lovely but has a funny downward stance that would make her opponent about three feet tall. Doku is just great. Looks so like Chris Lee. Shame the deluxe one isn't exactly deluxe......

All the Obi figures blow big time. mace is okay apart from the up the sleeve feature on the deluxe one. Jango...... never mind. Kit Fisto looks a little better here with more interesting paint job on his head. Clonetrooper commander... what the hell is with the pink? The movie stills show yellow on the arm and helmet. HUH?!

Djas Puhr was a nice gem among the other stuff, Can't wait for that one, he looks so fly!!!!!!! Han is a great sculpt but well, he's just another in a long line of Han solo figures... Chewie is a bit iffy in the sculpt but i love the pack-in so much I'll buy this just for that. Rebel troopers are very welcome in my collexion right now, ecspecially ones that look so darned sexy! (sexy as in good not sexy as in the other kind... ) Gotta get a few of those.

Geonosians are crap.They look dreadful. Bug wings and a metallic shiny finish? Oh please! If they tone down the shiny paint job it might work better but I can't see me buying a silky satin sheen figure anytime soon. Why did they make JarJar so stoopid looking? After all the bad press surrounding him they should have learned. I was going to buy that one because my partner is a JarJar fan and i thought ok I'll get it if it's a senator. But this is just stoopid looking so I think I'll have to think twice about it.

Saesee Tiin looks like an ld man getting out of the bath and struggling with a bath sponge. Strange pose for him. Yoda is a bit like a hood ornament flying through the air like that and attached to that base which I assume flips him into the air. This will be why he's deluxe although he doesn't justify it really. Zam i think is a corrected sculpt with knees and a removable mask. I can't see them shoving out two almost identicle figures at the same time. Because she's in exactly the same pose as the preview figure picture even down to the left hand extended out for her rifle shaft to sit in. :rolleyes: Royal guard is pretty much what I expected to be honest. Another salt shaker but with a little more detail than the previous one.

Playset stinks on many many levels. I think i coined the castle greyskull nickname already but it does look like a generic castle playset for kids. The cheap and nasty kind. Why did they sculpt in those spectating Geonosians? They're out of scale and badly painted and crap. The doors look badly put together and like they're really flimsy and would snap off. the balcony is far too small. The colours are horrible. The bit with the R3 droid on it has some kind of conveyor belt movement going on and looks tacky and like a throw away idea. Much like the cardboard extension backdrop which is way too low and poorly executed if it comes with the set. it looks to have the obligatory cannon on the upper level thing. Every damn playset has to have that as far as hasbro are concerned and it's crap. kids always take them off and bin them because it wasn't in the movie and if it was it wasn't where Hasbro put it. Just stop with the stupid non movie add ins okay?
Useless as a chocolate watch.

Marks out of ten for the lot - 5. and that's being generous. :)

Lord Tenebrous
02-10-2002, 07:41 PM
Based on the pictures, I'd have to say the top 5 are:

1) Count Dooku (Standard)
2) Chancellor Palpatine
3) Djas Puhr
4) Orn Free Taa
5) Zam Wesell (open-face)

LTBasker
02-10-2002, 08:06 PM
Ya know the only real difference between those PlaySkool toys looking toys and the Hasbro ones is that Hasbro's are taller and have removeable accessories.

The Jango Fett with flame thrower is lame, it looks like a giant lugey!

From what I can see, alot of the stuff sucks. Alot of lightsabers that won't sell, re-released Battle Droid rifle, so many peg-warmer figures... If this is the future of SW collecting, I can't wait until 2008. C'mon! These are the figures from new technology? They had better figures back in the 70's/80's. First it was Pepsi that butchered Star Wars with all their promotions for E1, and now Hasbro's butchering it with this.

I don't know why I care anymore. :\ It's not like Hasbro is gonna get off their butts and think clearly, they're just gonna produce stuff like this over and over just for the frickin' money.

The playset is lame looking and if it costs more than $15, then that'll be stupid, it looks like those playsets that would come out which would only be a thin shell.

SithDroid
02-13-2002, 02:56 PM
I actually liked almost all of the figures I saw. Some of the poses may be a problem, but the detail is quite amazing. Perhaps the toys won't be a let down after all. The 12" Jango Fett looks awesome, can't wait to get him.