PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Must Haves before the Line Folds

stillakid
10-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Sure, the ideal is to have every character from every movie in every "look" they had turned into an action figure.

But assuming that Hasbro won't do that, what figures should Hasbro spend their time making for the collectors before the whole thing folds again like it did after ROTJ?

1. The entire EWOKS line including VLIX! No fiddling... just remake the originals as they were.

2. The entire DROIDS line. No fiddling... just remake the originals as they were.

3. Any ANH Cantina aliens who haven't been made.

4. Any Jabba's Palace aliens who haven't been made.

5. ?

El Chuxter
10-17-2007, 11:07 AM
I'd like to elaborate on #4 above and add "(Especially Yarna d'al Gargan, if only to shut us up)."

5) Tey How

6) Any Padme costume that's not been made

7) Any Jedi Knight who hasn't been made

8) Decent resculpts of Qui-Gon, Jar Jar, Evazan, Barriss, and anyone else who's lacking

9) All new-sculpt VOTC Lando Calrissian with removable cape using Dutch Vander mold

stillakid
10-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Can we move any "resculpts" the back of the line? :D

Seriously, the way I look at it is that all of these resculpts distract them from doing all new characters who haven't been done yet. Unless a figure is egregiously terrible, like Monkey-faced Leia, then it would be nice if they just dropped the resculpt thing and concentrated on finishing out the character list. Hasbro may have this license thing for a while yet, but the truth is, once sales dip below a certain point, whatever that happens to be, it's over whether all the characters are done or not. I'd rather live with a B-grade sculpt on a character than not have some of the characters at all. But that's just me.

El Chuxter
10-17-2007, 12:16 PM
I'd consider Dr Evazan in Goofy Disguise and Barriss Offee: Opera Diva to be "egregiously terrible."

Sinscia Fat'o
10-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Tales of the Jedi (Nomi, Exar, Ulic, and Tott)
Finish all Kenner done characters.
Legacy of the force novel characters (If the lines going down give it over to te fan boys whole heartedly and then at least hasbro would have a scape goat..."It was those damn novel characters").
Finish all figures on the fan's choice poll...(A good send off if there was ever one.)

Promise they'll return in 10 years with all new figures POTF3!!!!:D

Droid
10-17-2007, 03:43 PM
From Jabba's Palace/sail barge: Yarna, Palace Klaatu, Taym Dren-Garen (he shot Luke), Sgt. Doallyn, Palace Ishi Tibb.

Cantina: Tonnikas, Bom Vimdim, Saurin, Ranat, Dice Ibegone

Prequels: Young Owen, Young Beru, Cliegg, Queen of Alderaan (come on, they raised the heroes!)

Vintage line: Palace Klaatu, Black Bespin Guard, Lumat, Warok, Romba (I know at least one of these Ewoks is already coming), Sim Aloo

Also: Captain Needa, the last Imperial officer named on screen in the original trilogy still unmade and the Multiarmed droid from droid sale which is the last major droid from that scene to be left unmade

If they made those figures I could be very satisfied with the line. I feel like each of these is important, but I will feel really let down if at the end of the line they have not made:
YARNA D'AL GARGAN, the Tonnikas, Young Owen, Young Beru, and Cliegg.

And if pushed, I guess I could live without Owen, Beru, and Cliegg since I care less and less about figures from the prequels.

But one of the main things I want to do is make a scene of Jabba's Palace and the cantina and I really feel like they will seem empty without Yarna and the Tonnikas.

jedi master sal
10-17-2007, 04:56 PM
SA Qui-gon and SA Obi-wan (TPM)
PILOT Battle Droid (not that crappy one done in the small vehicle pack either!
Any Padme not yet done!
Dr. Evazan, We really need a definitive version of this character. All the others have sucked.
Torryn Farr
Medical Frigate Luke
Yarna
EWOKS! (Especially Mother Ewok w/wokling-rumored but I haven't seen prof yet, so I'm going to keep asking)

There are more I'd like, but these are prolly my top picks (just off the top of my head).

El Chuxter
10-17-2007, 05:43 PM
One more for now. If even just to humor us, for God's sake, produce a damned Teek figure. Once again, I'll point out that it could be released in the Star Tours line. Hell, I'm not a big fan of Battlepacks with one new figure, but release a Starspeeder 3000, Rex, Ree Yees, Chewbacca, Ackbar, and Teek. Only one new figure, and the Starspeeder could probably be blown up from the smaller molds, with a bit of new sculpting inside.

2-1B
10-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Yarna
ROTS 2-1B
Super Articulated Supreme Chancellor Valorum
Removable Helmet Darth Vader (movie accurate without eyebrows)
Ice Cream Maker Guy
Biggs (with his cape this time)

El Chuxter
10-17-2007, 09:23 PM
ROTS 2-1B

Isn't that coming early next year?

2-1B
10-17-2007, 09:26 PM
If there is a God, yes...

stillakid
10-17-2007, 10:54 PM
If there is a God, yes...

There is no god, so... no.

Maybe ask for a 1-0A and it won't seem like such a big task.

2-1B
10-17-2007, 10:59 PM
The presence of all these Vader and Tattooine Luke resculpts over the years proves the existence of the Devil...which in turn proves the existence of God.

So there. lol

stillakid
10-17-2007, 11:03 PM
The presence of all these Vader and Tattooine Luke resculpts over the years proves the existence of the Devil...which in turn proves the existence of God.

So there. lol

Says who? Maybe the Devil is the Creator. Ever think of that, smartguy? :love:

El Chuxter
10-18-2007, 12:28 AM
The Gnostics believed the demiurge was the creator of Earth, and was the God referred to in the Old Testament. And that creation was an evil act, for it trapped the divine spark in physical form. Then his father, the real God, had to send Jesus to Earth to save humanity so that, after death, their essences could rejoin the divine spark.

Look it up.

2-1B
10-18-2007, 12:48 AM
***this post is just a placeholder for when Tycho comes along to talk about the All Spark***

stillakid
10-18-2007, 02:02 AM
The Gnostics believed the demiurge was the creator of Earth, and was the God referred to in the Old Testament. And that creation was an evil act, for it trapped the divine spark in physical form. Then his father, the real God, had to send Jesus to Earth to save humanity so that, after death, their essences could rejoin the divine spark.

Look it up.

I will!

Sounds like The Dark Crystal a bit, don't ya think?

jedi master sal
10-18-2007, 05:09 PM
I forgot to add the Tonnika sisters to my list. If even just one and we can buy two of them.

Yes, I'm quite aware of the height difference as well as the color difference in their outfits. But I'll make due with just one for now.

Engineernerd
10-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Yarna
ROTS 2-1B
Super Articulated Supreme Chancellor Valorum
Removable Helmet Darth Vader (movie accurate without eyebrows)
Ice Cream Maker Guy
Biggs (with his cape this time)

Didn't I review Biggs with his cape?
http://tvandfilmtoys.com/reviews/biggs_review_2.asp

SA Valorum? You're puzzling me with that one. Could you explain your thoughts there?

(I want Ice Cream Maker Guy too...)

Sinscia Fat'o
10-18-2007, 05:53 PM
I'd like Vallorum as well...So i could have a Sa, General Zodd to dominate Coruscant, and exterminate the jedi...though seriously i'd like to have a new Vallorum in the Sa, soft good treatment route...Terrance Stamp is a cool actor.

El Chuxter
10-18-2007, 07:10 PM
I think there should be an Evolutions set with Valorum, Sio Bibble, and Dodonna, called "The Old Men of Star Wars."

jedi master sal
10-19-2007, 05:54 AM
I think there should be an Evolutions set with Valorum, Sio Bibble, and Dodonna, called "The Old Men of Star Wars."

I'd buy this-NOT!

stillakid
10-19-2007, 07:43 AM

I'd still like a "Deaths on Tatooine" boxed set with Skeleton Owen & Beru, Conveniently Waiting to Dramatically Die Schmi, Blasted Jawas, Blasted Greedo, Sliced and Diced Sandpeople.

jedi master sal
10-19-2007, 09:12 AM
I'd still like a "Deaths on Tatooine" boxed set with Skeleton Owen & Beru, Conveniently Waiting to Dramatically Die Schmi, Blasted Jawas, Blasted Greedo, Sliced and Diced Sandpeople.

Okay, now this set I'd buy.

Should we be politically correct and call them "battle damaged"?

Battle Droid
10-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Tikkes (AOTC & ROTS)
Rogwa Wodrata
Denaria Kee (AOTC & ROTS)
Correct Scale & Soft Goods SA General Grievous
Soft Goods SA IG-100 MagnaGuard
Tey How
Daultay Dofine
Gilramos Libkath
Nute Gunray - Hologram
Nute Gunray w/ Mechno-Chair & Hologram Projector w/ Darth Sidious Hologram
Rute Gunnay
ROTS Rune Haako
ROTS Nute Gunray
SA Battle Droid
Po Nudo's Shi'ido Aqualish Aide
Shu Mai's AOTC Gossam Aide
PK Droid 2 Pack w/ Battle Droid parts.
Mik Regrap
Yee Moh
Neimoidian Ground Crewman (Both versions)
SA Imperial Probe Droid w/ Hyperspace Pod & Clear display stand.
Lott Dod's Financial Officer
Naboo Neimoidians (All four versions)
Pilot Battle Droid
SA Geonosian Warrior
Geonosian Picador w/ Orray
Geonosian Drone

Engineernerd
10-20-2007, 05:46 PM

Before that, I'd prefer to see a "Funeral for a Queen" Battle Pack. Boss Nass, a senate Jar Jar in a non-action pose, the New Naboo Queen and Padme in her casket thing with the flowers. Sick as it is, I think it would sell.

stillakid
10-20-2007, 08:27 PM
Before that, I'd prefer to see a "Funeral for a Queen" Battle Pack. Boss Nass, a senate Jar Jar in a non-action pose, the New Naboo Queen and Padme in her casket thing with the flowers. Sick as it is, I think it would sell.

"Dead Padme in a Canoe"

DarkArtist
10-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Let's see:

Ultimate Death Star II Luke Skywalker - removable vest, open and close tunic,wrist binders,lightsaber hilt, ignited lightsaber, force lighting effect, SA
Ultimate Death Star II Emperor Palpatine with Throne - SA with neutral hands, cane, Force Lighting Hands
Ultimate SA Princess Leia Slave - no explanation needed
Ultimate Kyle Katarn - Dark Forces II Jedi Knight - multiple weapons including lightsabers (Rahn and Yun's) -SA
Ultimate Padawan Obi Wan Kenobi - SA, soft good cloak, lightsaber hilt, ignited lightsaber (both his and Qui Gon's), comlink
Holographic Mechodroid Sideous

Engineernerd
10-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Ultimate SA Princess Leia Slave - no explanation needed
Ultimate Kyle Katarn - Dark Forces II Jedi Knight - multiple weapons including lightsabers (Rahn and Yun's) -SA

I'll give you all the other ones as needs. I'll even say eh..okay on Kyle (although I'd rather see him from DF I with an arsenal of weapons.)

But SA Leia Slave? Yes, we need more Leia figures. Yes, I would buy a new sculpt of Slave Leia. But SA? "Now with Bendy Knees!"

I like the idea of her, but after the execution of articulation on some of the female Jedi, I'd prefer fewer joints for my scantily clad brother kissers.

Battle Droid
10-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Leia should have a removable metal bikini.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-22-2007, 06:19 PM
For me, the "must-haves" are as follows:

*every character still unmade from the vintage line
*every outfit from every main character
*every character who speaks
*every offscreen character who is mentioned by another character (Tank, Sifo-Dyas, Plagueis, etc.)
*every pod racer
*every Jedi from the final circle in the Battle of Geonosis
*every easily visible cantina patron
*every easily visible Jabba's Palace/Sail Barge patron

There is still quite a way to go, just based on these.

bigbarada
10-23-2007, 11:09 PM
No matter how long Hasbro has the Star Wars license, the line will die when people stop buying the toys. That could be tomorrow, or it could be in 2099, we don't really know.

With no new movies on the horizon, we should be grateful for each year that the toy line continues to sell, because this could come to an end at any time. So this is a valid question.

If the line ended tomorrow, then forget getting any figures that haven't already been announced. Hasbro would just unload what they have of wave 6, 7, a little bit of wave 8, and depending how far they've gotten in the production process, maybe even a super limited number of 2008 wave 1... if we're lucky.

But usually, when a line is cancelled, the most recently announced stuff just never sees the light of day.

It's not like Hasbro will announce, "We'll make figures for one more year, then call it quits." Things will ge going along pretty much just like they are now, then one day "BAM!" the cancellation annoucement is made and that's all she wrote.

So, having said all that, these are the figures that I think really need to be made before the line dies.

Episode 1:
SA Jar Jar
SA Qui-Gonn
Anakin Podrace Champion (as SA as his size allows and with a removable podracer helmet)

Ep2:
can't think of anyone. Everyone's been done... at least everyone that matters... oh wait... SA Jango

Ep3:
Aside from a couple of Padme's outfits, pretty much everyone has been done.

Ep4:
Dr. Evazan
SA Cantina Band
Grand Moff Tarkin resculpt

Ep5:
Zuckuss resculpt

Ep6:
Yarna
DS2 Luke
Grey-suited Y-Wing Pilots
Ewoks, Ewoks and more Ewoks
Cane Adiss