PDA

View Full Version : Han Solo in TIE Pilot uniform

El Chuxter
10-20-2007, 02:53 AM
Just a little suggestion, Hasbro. It's not an original idea, as it comes from Star Wars, which I did not make up. You have my word here in writing that, should you use this idea, I will not sue and in fact would buy said toy.

You insist upon keeping the main characters in production. I can see the reasoning in that. The problem is, with the Original Trilogy characters, there aren't really that many costume changes. So there are a lot of re-releases that usually clog pegs, or resculpts of the same costume that just tick collectors off.

And people love their Imperial troopers. No secret there.

So here's a win-win situation: Han Solo as a TIE Pilot. It's EU, but you don't seem to have any problem going there. It's, however, a little more "canon," since Han's past as an Imperial comes directly from Lucas' own backstory.

There was a great TIE Pilot sculpt a few years ago. And it's been re-tooled for a removable helmet, as appears in the TRU exclusive TIE Interceptor. Simply take off the Imperial head and pop on one of the better Han heads (probably from ANH, since he'd be young), possibly with a little slight resculpting to give him a more military haircut. Voila!! (If you want to paint on some bloodstripes, I doubt anyone would mind. Your call there.)

It's an EU figure, but one with a bit more appeal to non-EU fans because of the "legitimacy" given it by Lucas. Better yet, if the helmet stays on, he can be used as a plain old TIE Pilot, making this a core character and and an Imperial army builder all in one!

bigbarada
10-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Interesting idea, but I would rather Hasbro sculpt a new head from scratch. The more they reuse heads, the smaller they seem to get. So they need to start fresh before that VOTC sculpt shrinks to nothing.

Sinscia Fat'o
10-26-2007, 01:56 PM
I would buy Han as a tie fighter pilot, AWESOME idea for a figure. Though i think they should resculpt the head because Han needs to have a proper miltary hair style, not a scraggly just goot out of bed 70's poof thing goin on like the VOTC one. While hasbro's at it why dont they go ahead and make Han as a Mandolorien like in Star Wars Legacy of the force: Blood Lines.