PDA

View Full Version : AT-TE to be released next fall in 2008!

Pages : [1] 2

Battle Droid
10-22-2007, 11:36 AM
From, http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/dallas_fandays_2007/index.htm

He even verified that the AT-TE will be coming next year, late fall, just in time for Christmas. According to him, this is going to be a huge piece, larger than the AT-AT and will be priced above $100, no set price yet.

Beast
10-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Awesome for everyone who's been beating the drum for one to be made. :)

With that price, I have a feeling it may be a retailer exclusive though. We'll see.

El Chuxter
10-22-2007, 01:27 PM
More than $100 and bigger than an AT-AT?

Val Da Car
10-22-2007, 01:56 PM
ok, I have to admit I did not think this was going to get made.

Some questions to ponder now include will this be a store/online exclusive (unlikely) to spread these around and maximize the increased locations.

I still want this...even at $125 or so.

Battle Droid
10-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Some questions to ponder now include will this be a store/online exclusive (unlikely)

I hope not, at least not a Target one.

Kidhuman
10-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Man, I will be happier than a pig in sh*t if it comes out. Super ****ed off if it ends up being a TRU or KB exclusive

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Damn, this sounds great! Hopefully they do it well. That'll be a nice Christmas present and will likely go well with the new animation stuff.

On that page, it mentioned Jango in a purple outfit in the Evolutions set. I hope the guy's colorblind or something.

DarthBrandon
10-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Man, I will be happier than a pig in sh*t if it comes out. Super ****ed off if it ends up being a TRU or KB exclusive

Remember, TRU is good for just about everyone; KB & Target is no good for us Canucks. If this pans out to be true, I'm down for 2 plus for sure.

Kidhuman
10-22-2007, 07:31 PM
TRU is not good for me because the closest one is 50 miles from me.

DarthBrandon
10-22-2007, 08:21 PM

Well that's bad, but not half as bad as KB/Target for me. I have to go all the way from New Brunswick to Maine just to see a target or KB store. (that's an entirely different country hundreds of miles away.lol)

Kidhuman
10-22-2007, 08:52 PM
I hear ya. I dont have a KB either. I am sure it will be worked out. I willpromise you this Brandon, if it is a Target exclusive I will get you one. We willhammer out the details when we find out

bigbarada
10-22-2007, 08:56 PM
WOOHOO!!! The only prequel vehicle I want! I actually like this one better than a majority of the OT vehicles.

For me, the $100+ price tag is a good sign, hopefully meaning that this will be one amazing toy.

JON9000
10-23-2007, 08:41 AM

It will almost certainly be available online. I have no desire to get this for myself, but I am happy for everybody else who has been clamoring for it. I hope this release will counteract some of the hasbro boo-bugs out there!

Jangu Fett
10-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Thank you, Hasbro!!! Thank you!!!! Next to hearing about a possible Rogue Shadow, with the Force Unleashed line, This is the best news, I've heard in a long time.

mtriv73
10-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Well that's bad, but not half as bad as KB/Target for me. I have to go all the way from New Brunswick to Maine just to see a target or KB store. (that's an entirely different country hundreds of miles away.lol)

Silly boy, Maine isn't a country. :razz:

I don't know how to feel about this. I'd almost rather it was a little smaller. If this thing is that huge, there's no way I can justify it. I don't really care about the money as much as the space it would take up. If the body was around the same size or smaller than the AT-AT (maybe around republic gunship size), then I'd be all over it. No matter what they do, it's not going to be the correct scale and I'm fine with that, but huge toys just aren't something I can collect anymore.

El Chuxter
10-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey, if you guys still have the interest, money, and space for a $100+ vehicle that's larger than an AT-AT, more power to you. You can display it with all the V-Wings and other vehicles I'm not wasting time with anymore.

Let me reiterate: this vehicle will take up more space than the AT-AT, which is the size of a large cat, and will cost more than 100 junior bacon cheeseburgers.

jedi master sal
10-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Well forgive me for being a little pssimistic, but I must play devils advocate here for a moment.

First, since this was NOT in an official Q&A that I can tell, we can't really take the guy at Sandtrooper for his word, yet.

Also, wow what a HIGH price. Now that being said, this AT-TE BETTER be to scale, have room for clones in the cockpit, and middle sections at least and hopefully room for two gunners in the fore and aft sections as well, plus the seat for the cannon on top. I highly doubt electronics will be included, but that would be a nice addition to the set.

I'm a little disappointed at the price as I really wanted at least 3 or these and since I'm cutting my SW budget in half for next year, this is seriously going to dip into it.

I'll get one for sure, but multiple purchases for this vehicle are doubtful.

I'm very curious where this will be sold at. My initial guess is TRU. They might be sitting on AT-ATs right now, but they'll make room for the AT-TE. However (much to KH's chagrin) I would rather have it be a Target exclusive. Since they are known to slash prices, it would be my hopes that after a month or so, this would go on sale, making it affordable for multiple purchases.

Now getting back to the good part of this. If this is indeed true, then I am happy it is being made and with that price it at least appears that scale will not be the issue. Hasbro has long promised us an AT-TE, so again if this turns out to be true, then at long last they will have made good on that promise.

Right now I'm tentative on my thoughts with this. I want to see proof not leads...

Again forgive me the skeptical viewpoints, but without an official proclamation by Hasbro, I can't yet be 100% satisfied that this is going to be made. (and to our liking)

Blue2th
10-23-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm not counting my chickens yet, but count me in if it is indeed true.

I'm on board to buy one, to support what we, the fans have been asking for.
I probably will pay full retail price, if it is decent, exclusive or not.

I too want it to have at least better sculpting, larger scale and lots of storage of troops, drivers, and play value as was mentioned.

It is definitley in Clone Wars, so chances are we will get it.

I hope it meets or exceeds my expectations.

pegger
10-23-2007, 02:05 PM
I will reserve my enthusiam until I see it. I do admit, this is the ONLY prequel vehicle I still want. I will go INSANE if it's not available in Canada...but only if it's good. They better come through on this one - the expectations are high.

TheRealDubya
10-23-2007, 02:09 PM
I will definitely buy one if they release it.

Dark Marble
10-23-2007, 04:36 PM
I am not sure about this one either. The last vehicle that was over $100 was the shuttle at FAO. And it was rereleased a few years later at half the price. I will get one if it comes out, but the price is a factor, a little too expensive in my book.

LTBasker
10-24-2007, 01:03 AM
The thing about the shuttle though is that it was a recycled mold, the AT-TE has to be all new. It'd be cool if it came with an exclusive driver Clone that matched up with the gunner.

dindae
10-24-2007, 01:43 AM
I'm glad to see even unofficial news of it's release. I has been one of the most asked for vehicle and they said as long as it was featured in the Clones Wars show it would likely be made. It was apparently in the trailer so hopefully we will get it. Over $100 is a lot but I think of things Star Wars I have spent over $100 for and it doesn't seem so bad (Set of UGH figures, Collector tin sets, etc.)

Tycho
10-26-2007, 03:18 AM
I wonder how many I will buy? Price is not my concern.

Let's see: It's a prequel vehicle...

Naboo - NO
Tatooine (Mos Espa) -NO
Coruscant - it could be used here for loading scenes, but NOT BY ME

Kamino - NO. I'm sure they trained with them there, but I'm not displaying that.
GEONOSIS - YES - definitely one in my large battle scene. Less is more, so...

Utopau - POSSIBLY. I want Boga and the Wheelbike to take the center stage. I also might have a gunship for the scene and might add the Homing Spider Droid that's rumored for next year to raise the firepower of my Separatists. I think another AT-TE there would overwhelm. The AT-TP might be better.

Kashyyyk - NO. I want the Turbotank to be made and take center stage here.

Fallucia - NO. The AT-TP is definitely the featured vehicle for this scene which I want to keep small.

Mygeeto - NO. Again, I mean to keep it small. An AT-TP and several Octopara Droids might expand it more than I'd intended it (was going to limit it to Bacara, his marines, and Ki Adi Mundi and not do the larger war, as the main idea of the scene was Ki's death, not the battle).

Mustafar - NO. Of course not.

So: 2 AT-TEs and 3 AT-TPs (1 is to stand in for an AT-PT from Heir to the Empire for Han & Luke's use against stormtroopers).

jedi master sal
10-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Ok along the lines of Tycho, here's what I'd "like" to have and what I'll prolly end up getting:
Naboo - No need
Tatooine (Mos Espa) -No need
Coruscant - might be cool in a shipyard scene, but it wasn't in the movie, so no.

Kamino - No need. It was a water planet. And while the training facilities were huge, an AT-TE is not the focus of my Kamino Diorama
Geonosis: Hell yeah!
Wanted: 3-I want at least two walking towards the seperatist army with another looking like it was hit by the Hailfire droid missle.
Probably get: 1 (I mean at over $100, well, I have to be realistic here. However if they go on sale, then I will reconsider.

Utopau:
Wanted: 1-Makes sense as an AT-TE shot down Boga/Obi. Though it is a Background vehicle for the most part. More than likely I'll use an Action Fleet sized one for the diorama (in forced perspective so as to appear to bigger than it really is).
Probably get: none. Again problem solved by using the smaller version.

Kashyyyk - Nope. The AT-APs will take center stage., hopefully and until the Turbo tank gets made.

Fallucia - That I recall there are no AT-APs in this scene as Tycho stated. Rather there was an AT-TE as well as an AT-OT (open trnasport). While I'd love to have one for this, the diorama for this seen will be kept small and focus on the Aayla betrayal. (I will have the grub in this scene though, with a trooper on it!)

Mygeeto - No need. Not seen in the movie. Besides the diorama for this will be quite busy enough between Ki-Adi, Bacara, his clones, Tri-droids and other seperatist droids. Not to mention this is on a bring to narrow for an AT-TE to navigate easily.

Mustafar - Not needed.

So to sum it up, I'd like to have 6 (3 Geonosis, 1 Utapau, 2 Felucia-one of which customed to be an AT-OT). But in reality I'll prolly get 1 for sure then maybe 1 or 2 more, if the price drops.

I'm very happy if Hasbro is indeed making this, just not happy about the price as I wanted to have a small fleet of these.

At least from the description we've read, it appears Hasbro is not skimping on size and if true that is an excellent thing, as that was one of biggest concerns about this vehicle.

Tycho
10-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Sal, are you sure there were no AT-AP's (the 3-leggers) on Fallucia?

I thought the mushroom forrest was too dense for larger AT-TEs maybe? Well I guess the bigger walkers would just crush everything, but...

Kidhuman
10-26-2007, 08:16 PM
The AT-TE is on Fellucia

Devo
10-27-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm not sure how badly I need this vehicle now. Had it been on the cards a year or two ago it'd have been a definite since I was in a PT Clonewars mood but thats kinda passed now. I've been relegating a lot of my prequel stuff to either the attic, under the bed or to those shelves I don't know what to do with. I no longer intend to build the PT armies i was planning a year ago.

Although maybe they won't screw this one up and it'll be in some way close to a feasible and worthwhile scale unlike that poxy sith infiltrator. Perhaps it'll have too many cool interior features and detail that in the end it'll be too tempting for me to leave on the store shelf - if any store takes it up in Ireland.

Battle Droid
10-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Sal, are you sure there were no AT-AP's (the 3-leggers) on Fallucia?

There are.

bigbarada
10-27-2007, 03:42 PM
There are.

I hated that planet. There was no sense of scale at all. If they wanted to sell the idea of a giant flower planet, then it should have been rendered from a low-camera angle. Even from that screenshot, it just looks like a bunch of the Titanium series toys in some lady's flower garden. Very poor cinematography right there.

Tycho
10-27-2007, 03:55 PM
I see part of a walker in that picture (or something mechanical with a clone trooper gunner on it) but I can't tell that's an AT-TE as opposed to an AT-TP or whatever.

There's too much foilage.

Blue2th
10-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Maybe we'll get a repeat of some of the locations in ROTS and cartoon Clone Wars in the new Clone Wars. I think they could really flesh out these places with more shots. I hope so.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Tycho, there is no AT-TP; I assume you are referring to the AT-AP (http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atap/), which is being released in a few months.

I don't remember AT-TEs on Felucia, but AT-OTs (http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atot/index.html) instead. Or, was there an AT-TE behind Aayla and her clones? At any rate, I remember one overturned on Saleucami. There are apparently also long-legged variants but I don't remember where (hello, Hasbro, I smell a re-release).

Tycho
10-27-2007, 08:50 PM
You're right John. I stand corrected. I also confuse these with the AT-PT from "Dark Force Rising" in the Thrawn Trilogy. That one is smaller and has 2 legs only I believe. Han and Luke commandeered one inside of an old Dreadnaught.

jedi master sal
10-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Okay so I stand correct on the AT-AP being on Felucia.

So there were at least three typse of walkers there then:
AT-AP
AT-TE
AT-OT

I think I'll just have Aayla and Bly and his grunts with the slug in a foliage ridden diorama and call it a day. No need to have the walkers.

-Sal

Tycho
10-28-2007, 12:44 PM
I think I'll just have Aayla and Bly and his grunts with the slug in a foliage ridden diorama and call it a day. No need to have the walkers.

-Sal

That's probably a good idea (and cost-effective, too).

It seems as though Hasbro has shifted our interest to vehicles over figures finally:

Grievous' ship
AT-AP
Large Homing Spider Droid (rumored by another site)
AT-TE

There was one other mid-size vehicle, too. I cannot recollect which one though.

And of course we have the V-wing and Sith Infiltrator out in the stores right now.

This kind of support for the figure line is great, as figures by themselves do not seem to be selling so well as of lately. The reason the 3 3/4" size became so popular was the large range of accessories (ships and playsets) the size afforded the collection since back in the Kenner days.

El Chuxter
10-28-2007, 01:00 PM
If an AT-AP steps in doon, does the driver steer it over to a log so it can scrape its foot?

Battle Droid
10-28-2007, 02:22 PM
There was one other mid-size vehicle, too. I cannot recollect which one though.

V-19 Torrent Fighter.

Blue2th
10-28-2007, 03:07 PM
V-19 Torrent Fighter.

I'll bet we get that one for Clone Wars. :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
10-28-2007, 04:43 PM
I surely hope we get the V-19 and Homing Spider droid, alongside the AT-TE. Those we be VERY welcome additions to my collection and would be multiple purchases most likely.

So let's see,m if all of these are true, then in 2008 I'll be getting:
Grevious ship X1
AT-AP X3
AT-TE X1 (or mre if they go on sale)
V-19 X2
Homing Spider Droid X3
Jedi Starfighter w/Hyperspace ring X1

Whoo-hoo, expensive but a GREAT year for vehicles!

With the exception of the Jedi Starfighter, these are all NEW vehicles too! And even the JSF gets a nod as the Hyperspace ring is a LARGE and important accessory to the vehicle and saw reasonable screen time.

I'm lovin' all of this.

Now if Hasbro would make those modular playsets I keep asking for, I think I'd faint.

JetsAndHeels
10-28-2007, 04:52 PM
I might get the AT-TE if I like the look of it and I have the budget for it. I have not bought a vehicle in quite sometime, and this could be just the one to buy if things work out right.

Tycho
10-28-2007, 06:21 PM
If true, we have a lot of time to save some cash for it.

Next Fall is at least nearly 12 months from now. If you want one, you only have to make yourself save $8.33 a month and next October you'll have the money for it.

If you want two (2), save $16.66 a month.

Even that might be easier said than done if you're a toy-collector-hollic. But look: as I'm guessing most of you don't own ANY Indiana Jones stuff right now - don't start buying it when it hits the stores.

If you're a STAR WARS collector, you'll be able to afford Star Wars.

If you jump all over Cars, Indiana Jones, Marvel Legends, GI Joe, Transformers (and I'm guilty as charged there), of course a $100 AT-TE is going to seem steep.

There is the other case too though: that the AT-TE won't be worth $100 when it comes out. Say you just FOUND $100 blowing down the street - you keep it -but you still want to feel like you got something worthwhile for it. If it's like the way the Sith Infiltrator turned out, you might have better things to do with $100.

The whole "larger than the AT-AT thing" sounds a lot like hyped rumor if you ask me. It might be wider than the AT-AT in the body - possibly longer because it's segmented like a beatle. But by barely any measurable amount. Sure, a centimeter or two is enough to beat charges of false advertising, but really.

I think:

one clone in the window canopy in front
one clone in the large turret cannon on top
two clones in seats inside next to the rear cannons

If there's seating inside for perhaps 4 more clones or something, like with the AT-AT, you wouldn't know it if the access hatch was closed, so it's not really an important display feature. As a TOY feature, yeah - the vehicle is supposed to be a TROOP TRANSPORT and the first 4 clones I listed are all permanently assigned crew and not likely to debark during battle.

But have we got Hasbro confirming this vehicle? We don't even have a network or cable company contracted to carry Lucas' Clone Wars series yet.

jedi master sal
11-10-2007, 10:20 AM
(A quote from a friend on another website, regarding Hasbro's answer to Q&A on this)

As with everything, it ain't official 'till it's official, so we shouldn't be surprised by Hasbro's noncommittal reply.

Agreed.

I think there is just enough in their answer though that says it's a distinct possibility for late 2008. I won't get my hopes up, but I'll be DAMN happy if it happens.

For the record, I don't care if it has electronics. I don't need a pack-in. I'm hoping the size is at least as long as the AT-AT (from head to tail) and half as high as the AT-AT. Poseable leg joints-knees and ankles. Working ball joint turrets (four in the front, two in the back) Room for two drivers in the cockpit (even if they have to stand as that can be hidden to a point with an instrumentation panel). flip-up sides similar to the upcoming AT-AP-which makes room for a clone on the port and starboard sides of both the fore and aft sections of the AT-TE. Since the middle part will have to have interior assemblage for the dorsal canon, I don't see it a "need" to have this section flip up-even though it would be cool as this is the area where it would be a trooper carrier, but again not neccessary.

So that means the AT-TE would hold a total of 7 clones. That's a very fair amount, IMO.

Since the legs can be done from two sets of molds (the front and back as one set of molds and the middle larger legs as another), that lessens costs, in very much the same way as it did for the AT-AT. So that just leaves the body as the complex part.

I REALLY think this can be sold for no more than $100. No electronics or pack-in figures will help keep that cost down. While it would be nice, is it REALLY neccessary? We've got so many clones right now that the AT-TE really doesn't need a special figure to entice people to buy it. If it doesn't sell based on it's own merits and for what it is, a figure isn't going to be enough to get people to drop a Benjamin on it.

So while I said at the beginning of my post that I won't hold my breath, I will say that I'm cautiously optimistic.

-Sal

aussietrooper20
11-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Habro have been working on one for the past few years, and finally they will sell one for us, cause they know it's getting closer to when they expire there contract, and this walker would need to be sold in a number of versions like.

1.AOTC
2.ROTS
3.Clone Wars
4.TV seiers Clone Wars

jedi master sal
11-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Habro have been working on one for the past few years, and finally they will sell one for us, cause they know it's getting closer to when they expire there contract, and this walker would need to be sold in a number of versions like.

1.AOTC
2.ROTS
3.Clone Wars
4.TV series Clone Wars

There really isn't any difference between them. So it would be the same walker but in different packaging.

Blue2th
11-13-2007, 10:10 AM
What? No flying Tiger Arc Trooper AT-TE? :grin:

jedi master sal
11-13-2007, 04:14 PM
here's what we'll prolly get:
Movie AT-TE
Snow AT-TE
"Shadow" AT-TE
Camo AT-TE

And the best one-glazed doughnut paint scheme with chocolate frosting and shprinkles. (Yes, you have to say it that way...)

Seriously, I'd be happy with just the movie version.

El Chuxter
11-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Actually, Sal, we'll probably get the last four you listed, but not the movie version. Hasbro can be funny that way.

aussietrooper20
11-13-2007, 08:21 PM
the clone wars version would be like this years ARC-170 fighter.

jedi master sal
11-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Actually, Sal, we'll probably get the last four you listed, but not the movie version. Hasbro can be funny that way.

Thing is, that's an all to real possibility, well with the exception of the doughnut one. (Hmm, I'll have to photoshop on of these for the heck of it.)

jedi master sal
11-14-2007, 10:00 AM
the clone wars version would be like this years ARC-170 fighter.

Ok, enough is enough. It was fine for the Gunship, acceptable enough for the ARC-170. But the AT-TE? That's going a bit to far with this paint scheme.

Sad thing is, I'll prolly buy it if done in the deco. But not before first buying the movie accurate one and in multiples if at all possible.

Dark Marble
11-14-2007, 12:24 PM
I would rather not see a thing this size and price repainted a bunch of times. One good release for the next few years would be great. A few years ago I would be getting two of these, but now that I am little older and out of space one is perfect. It is time to give the whale deco, green feet, and frosted back paint apps a rest.

Phantom-like Menace
11-15-2007, 12:40 AM
I absolutely loved the Clone Wars gunship and can't wait for the ARC to match, but I totally agree that it just wouldn't work on the AT-TE. Thankfully, I don't think it's likely. Reflecting real life war paint schemes, you didn't tend to see that too much on tanks.

aussietrooper20
11-16-2007, 05:31 AM
the clone wars versions are a special group of clones for special missions, and I beleive they'll do one.

Blue2th
11-16-2007, 10:52 AM
I was looking for "nose art" on tanks, and I remember seeing a few. Found a WWII Sherman with some cool shark teeth.
So even though I made light of it earlier, it's not like it never happened. Here ya go Aussietrooper http://www.franklinmint.com/product1.aspx?SID=2&Product_ID=9302

jedi master sal
11-16-2007, 11:33 AM
I was looking for "nose art" on tanks, and I remember seeing a few. Found a WWII Sherman with some cool shark teeth.
So even though I made light of it earlier, it's not like it never happened. Here ya go Aussietrooper http://www.franklinmint.com/product1.aspx?SID=2&Product_ID=9302

Oh gawd, that's it....Blue2th, you gave Hasbro the reference if not the idea....now you know they will make it...

I already knew there was this kind of "art" on tanks, but wasn't going to say it, less Hasbro reads it and gets the funny notion that it would be worth doing.

I just want a MOVIE accurate AT-TE. All other paint schemes be damned.

Blue2th
11-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Oh gawd, that's it....Blue2th, you gave Hasbro the reference if not the idea....now you know they will make it...

I already knew there was this kind of "art" on tanks, but wasn't going to say it, less Hasbro reads it and gets the funny notion that it would be worth doing.

I just want a MOVIE accurate AT-TE. All other paint schemes be damned.
Yeah I know, sometimes I can't help but be the fly in the ointmet. :grin:

El Chuxter
11-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Wow.

That tank is the most retarded piece of military equipment ever made.

However, it was probably effective, as Korean soldiers were likely laughing so hard at it as it approached that they forgot to run out of the way.

Blue2th
11-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Wow.

That tank is the most retarded piece of military equipment ever made.

However, it was probably effective, as Korean soldiers were likely laughing so hard at it as it approached that they forgot to run out of the way.

That's nothing compared to the one they painted with the big ol' veluptuous lips on. They were lining up to get run over by that one.

jedi master sal
11-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Yeah I know, sometimes I can't help but be the fly in the ointmet. :grin:

I hope you know I was kidding...

(Though I don't want anything but a mvoie accurate deco'ed version)

aussietrooper20
11-16-2007, 05:56 PM
I also remember hasbro repainting some tanks for G.I.JOE's Tiger force like the tiger paw and tiger cat.

Blue2th
11-17-2007, 06:35 AM
I hope you know I was kidding...

Yeah, I know, it's cool JMG.

jedi master sal
11-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I know, it's cool JMG.

JM"G"?

LOL no worries

Battle Droid
12-15-2007, 01:51 AM
AT-TE DPCI in Target's computers.

http://jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1197699360,66522,

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-15-2007, 01:55 AM
AT-TE DPCI in Target's computers.

http://jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1197699360,66522,
The link doesn't work but there's one on the main Jedi Defender page.

$99.99 is a little steep but sounds about right. Hopefully this means it'll be awesome.

Tycho
12-15-2007, 02:28 AM
Is it still not arriving until Fall 2008?

Do you think they'll show it at Toy Fair in February or wait until Comic Con in July?

Val Da Car
12-15-2007, 03:08 AM
Target is usually good for six months out.

I figure with the code in their system this should coincide with the August timeframe for the Clone Wars series kickoff (movie in theaters as per the Hasbro Conference call). See the AT-AP & Gen Grievous ships at SDCC and scheduled for Dec/Jan which would make six months approx.

I really wonder if the mail in figure will be related to the AT TE now?

As for ToyFair or SDCC I think something like this would be a TF event. Even if it is an exclusive (unlikely) vehicle Hasbro has made packaging changes (stickers on boxes instead of embedded printing for exclusives) for eventual release to other retailers (the Hunt for Gen Grievous comes to mind, last years TRU exclusive now available everywhere).

jedi master sal
12-15-2007, 03:31 AM
I think for it's size and the cost of tooling, this won't be an exclusive. I'm kinda hoping not so it will be easy to find, then again knowing Target's penchant for drastically dropping prices, I wouldn't mind it being their exclusive, providing I can get at least one, then hopefully two more are a clearance price.

Regardless of how this pans out, I'm happy to see this moving forward. I'm hoping for a decent scale size to this, but know that I'll get one regardless.

pegger
12-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Even if it is an exclusive (unlikely) vehicle ....

I think I speak for all Canadian collectors - IF this is a Target exclusive - I will blow my brains out.

DarkArtist
12-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Hopefully this is not an exclusive. $99.99, wondering what gimmicks or how true to scale it might be, can't wait to see picks.

jedi master sal
12-15-2007, 03:57 PM
I think I speak for all Canadian collectors - IF this is a Target exclusive - I will blow my brains out.

Well I could get one for you, but shipping would prolly be very expensive.

If it's not an exclusive, you might have to go the e-tailor route for this.

Tycho
12-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Rebelscum is reporting a rumor that it will hold 20 (TWENTY) Clones!!! :crazed:

Would someone get JediMasterSal some oxygen and a glass of cold water?

Uh, I think I need some too.

DarthBrandon
12-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Well I could get one for you, but shipping would prolly be very expensive.

If it's not an exclusive, you might have to go the e-tailor route for this.

Someone will have to pick this up for pegger, I hate to see him go out like that. I'm leaving this up to you Sal.lol

jedi master sal
12-17-2007, 11:20 AM

Um, yeah, I think I needed a cold SHOWER after that one. Damn this sounds like one sweet toy!

I REALLY hope this report pans out to be true.

This is the first SW toy in a LONG time that I'm really jazzed about.

jedi master sal
12-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Someone will have to pick this up for pegger, I hate to see him go out like that. I'm leaving this up to you Sal.lol

Well, he knows that all he need do is paypal me when the time gets closer and I'll pick one up for him. Cost plus exact shipping of course. Again thought, I'd fully expect shipping to cost a bundle.

Still, it would prolly be cheaper for him to go through me than trying to eBay it. At least he knows he would be getting a straight deal from me.

figrin bran
12-17-2007, 12:06 PM

I have enough clones to fit about 5 of these things so I'll think about getting one as well.

Tycho
12-17-2007, 01:33 PM
I'll cheat it for my display. If it's like the AT-AT with hinged or removeable panels, it will look better as the vehicle (in a diorama) with those panels shut.

That being said, where there are not windows in the toy, how could you tell who is seated behind shut panels? Why waste $7 x 20 figures when maybe 3-4 would actually be able to be seen when the vehicle is closed up.

My AT-AT in my Hoth display is actually empty. I have an AT-AT Driver figure and Veers out in the snow, acting as if they are directing the unloading of an e-Webb cannon by the snowtroopers so that these great figures get displayed. But other than that, how would they be visible in a Hoth diorama? The AT-AT would look ridiculous with it's cockpit cover open or removed.

It's fun to have these features as a TOY, and I'm all for it, because while I use the stuff in my diorama hobby, I'm still a nostalgic fan of TOYS.

So as illogical as it sounds, I'm really glad the AT-TE will hold 20 clones and that increases its value to me, but I won't put ONE clone in it if I can get away with saving up to $140 and change on figures.

What's your thoughts on that Sal?

pegger
12-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Still, it would prolly be cheaper for him to go through me than trying to eBay it. At least he knows he would be getting a straight deal from me.

Actually - it'd probably be cheaper for me to fly you up, and have you stay at the Hilton just down the road from my place for a week...

jedi master sal
12-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Actually - it'd probably be cheaper for me to fly you up, and have you stay at the Hilton just down the road from my place for a week...

ok, you got yourself a deal! lol

jedi master sal
12-17-2007, 02:23 PM
I'll cheat it for my display. If it's like the AT-AT with hinged or removeable panels, it will look better as the vehicle (in a diorama) with those panels shut.

That being said, where there are not windows in the toy, how could you tell who is seated behind shut panels? Why waste $7 x 20 figures when maybe 3-4 would actually be able to be seen when the vehicle is closed up.

My AT-AT in my Hoth display is actually empty. I have an AT-AT Driver figure and Veers out in the snow, acting as if they are directing the unloading of an e-Webb cannon by the snowtroopers so that these great figures get displayed. But other than that, how would they be visible in a Hoth diorama? The AT-AT would look ridiculous with it's cockpit cover open or removed.

It's fun to have these features as a TOY, and I'm all for it, because while I use the stuff in my diorama hobby, I'm still a nostalgic fan of TOYS.

So as illogical as it sounds, I'm really glad the AT-TE will hold 20 clones and that increases its value to me, but I won't put ONE clone in it if I can get away with saving up to $140 and change on figures.

What's your thoughts on that Sal?

Well, since I already have over 1000 clones-600 of those being AOTC styled, it won't matter to me. I'll prolly load some up. Definitely fill the cockpit and dorsal cannon. Beyond those, I'll prolly just display the clones at the feet surrounding the AT-TE.

Though....I do have an idea to have a "car wash" diorama of sorts, having the clones all over the AT-TE like ants, giving it a wash, each with their own little cloth...lol (Serious, this would be fun to do.)

I'm just curious now when specifically in 2008 it's going to come out. While I want it, YESTERDAY, I'm actually kinda hoping for the begining of summer (June). Give me time to budget for it, see plenty of pics of it, make space for it, etc. As well as decide on how many of these I really want.

One is definite regardless of size. Three is done "right." However, I'd really like to own five of these. One for Felucia, one for Utapau, and three for Geonosis. But that may be unrealistic given the cost and purported size.

One thing I'll keep saying is that if this report is true, then I'm one happy collector and won't have much if anything to gripe about. I'm just glad it's finally being done!

-Sal

pegger
12-17-2007, 02:33 PM
I would imagine it would come around the same time as the theatrical release of the show...whenever that's for. At $100 a pop, it's gotta be tied into something like that (or Christmas)

Tycho
12-17-2007, 02:39 PM
However, I'd really like to own five of these. One for Felucia, one for Utapau, and three for Geonosis. But that may be unrealistic given the cost and purported size.

One thing I'll keep saying is that if this report is true, then I'm one happy collector and won't have much if anything to gripe about. I'm just glad it's finally being done!

-Sal

I'm going to get 2:

1 for Geonosis
1 for Utopau

I build in 6 ft display cases that are 18 inches deep. There isn't room for more than 1 of these large walkers (with ground troops surrounding it) - and for that I'm actually thankful for.

I go by the maxim, "less is more." Over 1000 clones sounds wild, Sal. I might have half that myself though.

I bought for filling specific scenes that I test-set-up though. I shouldn't have more than I'm going to use.

jedi master sal
12-17-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm going to get 2:

1 for Geonosis
1 for Utopau

I build in 6 ft display cases that are 18 inches deep. There isn't room for more than 1 of these large walkers (with ground troops surrounding it) - and for that I'm actually thankful for.

I go by the maxim, "less is more." Over 1000 clones sounds wild, Sal. I might have half that myself though.

I bought for filling specific scenes that I test-set-up though. I shouldn't have more than I'm going to use.

Yeah, I was a bit excessive, but I wanted a really outstanding large diorama for these. If you recal as I've posted here many times, the plan is for a Geonosis diorama that is 8ft long, 4 ft deep and 5 ft tall. Plenty of room for AT-TEs, Homing Spider Droids, Gunships, Hailfire droids, and all of the smaller battle, super and destroyer droids, as well as clones.

This is my dream project for SW, but not the only large diorama planned.
(Oh and did I mention that I got my permissions from LFL to use their imagery so long as my diorama site doesn't sell things? That will be very easy at the beginning as I don't see much traffic at first since the dioramas will be postings of works in progress, but as I put up tutorials and final pics, it could increase in traffic and I might need to add small selling banners, like the ones we see on the sides here on SSG.

I'll have to work out those details later if the site ever becomes that successful. Right now the site is only in the planning stage. While the dioramas have been well planned, I just don't have the room, time, or money to do them just yet. I'm hoping for a start on these in 2009 with the site to go live mid to late 2009.

Heck, I think many of we collectors should have some kind of plan for what to do with this stuff after collecting is done, or close to it. Right now I think there are prolly too many of us out there, just collecting it, storing it and never seeing it again, or at least not for a long while.

Thems my two cents....lol

Tycho
12-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Will collecting, ever be "done?" LOL

As far as I know, I'm going to stop with the movies and existing EU, and not try to be influenced by the new Clone Wars or the live-action show.

That being said, who knows how long it will take before we get a Cliegg Lars in hoverchair? IF we do, it still might be a while.

But your story is very similar to mine, Sal.

Kidhuman
12-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Sal if you make the "car wash" scene you better post pics.

Tycho
12-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Kidhuman loves carwashes :D

jedi master sal
12-18-2007, 09:00 AM
Sal if you make the "car wash" scene you better post pics.

Oh hell yeah brother. Heck I'd even go so far as to make a mock video with the "Car Wash" theme song....lol.

jedi master sal
12-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Kidhuman loves carwashes :D

Especially naked ones...no not HIM naked Tycho, geesh....lol

jedibear
12-31-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm going to get 2:

1 for Geonosis
1 for Utopau

Better start saving, sir...RS is reporting that this bad boy may retail for....

$150. !!

I want to see this thing, but...wow! What regular mom & pop are going to plop down this much for a toy for their kid's action figures?

The only comparison I can think of that remotely applies is those very expensive Lego sets that still manage to sell pretty well....

It'll be interesting to see what happens here....

Tycho
01-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Comparatively, I used to spend a heck of a lot - like thousands of dollars at Midnite Madness sales - and now I have no army builders left that I'm collecting, and there are only about 175 figures they don't make at this time, which I probably want less than 4 of each of.

Yes, $150 is a lot to spend on one toy instead of nearly 22 action figures. But there will be a lot more than 22 action figures I will NOT be spending my money on anyway.

bigbarada
01-01-2008, 03:28 AM
If it really is going to be $150, then I hope it's nearly perfect in terms of size and proportions. It better display like a studio-scale model at that price.

I just hope this doesn't mean that it will be some stripped down, overpriced exclusive like the two Imperial Shuttle rereleases.

jedibear
01-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Man, I don't want to be cynical, but....bigbarada could be right. Ugh...that would be awful...and the death-knell for future big vehicles in the line.

But....the other side of me says....look at how well those other "overpriced" exclusives (like this years re-hash vehicles and re-issue filled battle packs) sold.
Heck, a "greened-up" AT-AT reissue at TRU sold for almost $100 at a good clip.

So....if Hasbro does present a really good rendition of this great vehicle gussied up with (hopefully) non-obtrusive play features and electronics and offers two figures with it (exclusive new figures, advertises the heck out of it, presents it at cons to generate collector buzz and does NOT make it a retailer exclusive, it may do alright....

jedi master sal
01-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Ouch!

Well there goes my plans for 3 or more.

I truly would love to have that many in my collection, but that price is going to keep me from buying multiple.

Yes, I'll get one for certain.

But also along with BB's thoughts, for that price it better damn well be perfect.

If it were $100 I would have bought 3. At $150, it's just one for me.
Hasbro, you're going to continue to loose sales when you overprice right out of the gate like this. Instead of getting $300 from me you get $150 and I'll be more than happy to wait for a clearance price.

Damn shame too as I've been a HUGE proponent for this since first seeing it 5 years ago.

bigbarada
01-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Ouch!

Well there goes my plans for 3 or more.

I truly would love to have that many in my collection, but that price is going to keep me from buying multiple.

Yes, I'll get one for certain.

But also along with BB's thoughts, for that price it better damn well be perfect.

If it were $100 I would have bought 3. At $150, it's just one for me.
Hasbro, you're going to continue to loose sales when you overprice right out of the gate like this. Instead of getting $300 from me you get $150 and I'll be more than happy to wait for a clearance price.

Damn shame too as I've been a HUGE proponent for this since first seeing it 5 years ago.

Well, since you were already planning to spend $300, why not buy 2 at $150 each? Then you can scrounge around on Ebay for a third one in a couple of years (buy it loose and it will probably be cheaper). Do you really believe that losing $150 from one customer is going to make any impact at all on a multi-million dollar corporation like Hasbro?

I plan to buy one for sure, but I want to start seeing prototypes soon. I hope it focuses more on detail and accuracy and not on play features.

DarthBrandon
01-01-2008, 07:05 PM
If they are at $150.00, I'll buy two for sure. If they retail at $100, I'll buy three & no more. I have three bills tucked away for this already & it's not even out yet.

Tycho
01-01-2008, 08:13 PM
I think it's a gouging conspiracy for either Hasbro, or the retail partner to see what they can get from us.

Say the wholesale on it is $55 actually.

Target wants $150 average tickets.

They know a bunch of guys who just woke up, are going to walk in at 8am wearing their sweat pants and buy the AT-TE and leave. Price = $150.

Now those guys have the AT-TEs and new supplies of them last past 8:05 am.

$10 shampoo
$10 conditioner
$5 toilet paper
$10 laundry detergeant
$5 eye drops
$5 breakfast cereal
$5 milk
$100 Star Wars AT-TE
-------------------------
$150 total ticket

Now AT-TE sales slow. "Clearance Claus" stirs in the middle of the night...

$10 shampoo
$10 conditioner
$5 toilet paper
$10 laundry detergeant
$5 eye drops
$5 breakfast cereal
$5 milk
$85 Star Wars AT-TE
-------------------------
$135 total ticket - and so on until all the AT-TEs are gone (before Hasbro repaints it with tiger stripes and marks it as the Clone Wars' special edition).

So in this scenerio it is not Hasbro that gouges us. However, it could be.

MSRP is not "cost," of course. MSRP is the concept Hasbro uses to bait the retailer into buying the AT-TE from them in the first place. And if wholesale is as low as $55, actual cost might be $50 or less. Hasbro's not doing it to break even of course.

Now it is another case as to whether Hasbro is going to gouge Target from the get-go.

Phantom-like Menace
01-02-2008, 02:34 AM
I would certainly admit to wanting to see something special if it does indeed retail for $150, but I'm not changing my initial plans to get two.

At $150 I'd be wanting something as nice as an old school G.I. Joe playset like the Mobile Command Center or such where you really have a lot of options for displaying figures on and around it. And it definitely better have compartments for seating troops.

However, I hear rumors of a pricehike just after news of its arrival hits and I think I smell exclusive: nothing extra for the value just the obligatory price increase sit's it's "exclusive.":rolleyes:

jedi master sal
01-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Do you really believe that losing $150 from one customer is going to make any impact at all on a multi-million dollar corporation like Hasbro?

Of course I don't expect little old me to make an impact, however, I feel I'm not the only one who feels the way I do.

I think if enough people did make noise about the starting price, Hasbro might have to wake up though.

We're not talking about the tanking of a major toy corporation. Rather, we're talking about the health of large vehicles in a line that Hasbro has claimed suffered from lack of sales of them.

In that I'm saying that while I'm only one person, they lost twice as much money on me and if this is compounded it can readily add up.

I'm guessing there will actually be plenty of people that won't even buy ONE from the get go due to price, let alone multiples.

One of the other points I'm trying to make is that while there is HIGH interest in the toy, Hasbro needs to make certain they make it affordable for us as well. Not everyone can afford a $150 toy, let alone multiples and kids are even less likely to get this but for maybe Christmas. If these start showing up 2nd or 3rd quarter, they are going to shelf warm for awhile at the $150 price. This will look like a non-interest in the toy from kids and collectors. When in reality is a noon-interest in the high price.

I would never presume that only I could make a difference, this is where I need my fellow collectors to back me up.

Yes, I'll commit to buying one at full retail, but at the $150 price, multiples are out of the question.

Hasbro really needs to answer these question. Hopefully they will at ToyFare and we can put this pup to rest.

Tycho
01-02-2008, 11:10 AM
I don't think they will answer that question at Toy Fair.

If it is indeed a Target exclusive, it will be up to Target to determine the price asked for it.

Hasbro will not disclose their wholesale cost.

bigbarada
01-02-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't think they will answer that question at Toy Fair.

If it is indeed a Target exclusive, it will be up to Target to determine the price asked for it.

Hasbro will not disclose their wholesale cost.

I hope we at least see a prototype, so we can get an idea of it's accuracy and scale to the figures.

However, the words "Target exclusive" are definitely not ones that I wanted to hear attached to this toy.

I have a bad feeling about this.:(

Tycho
01-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Let me see if I get all the worries about exclusives covered:

1) some people don't have Target stores near them. I thought this applies mostly to Canadians? But can't you just order this from Target.com instead of waste trips and time guessing when a toy run would be productive?

2) somehow, if this vehicle will be exclusive, Target will overcharge for it. The thing is, the $50 Ultra-Battlepacks were exceptional value (true - of rehashes) but has TARGET overcharged for an exclusive, next to say Toys R Us?

3) If the vehicle is at more retailers, it will be easier to find? I don't think it applies to a large vehicle purchase. The scalpers don't really deal with these. As to collectors? Well, if they're going to buy out the stock as soon as it's on the floor, it doesn't matter which retailer it lands at. I want 2 of these. If it lands at multiple retailers, I'd buy 1 from Target, and then wait in Toys R Us' parking lot if their price was fair. It won't be more available for any longer than it takes me to drive to the next retailer and for that store to open.

bigbarada
01-02-2008, 12:02 PM
My biggest concern is that it is just an exclusive, period. The way I understand this business, the more toys they make, the cheaper they can sell them in order to show a profit. If for some reason they have to significantly limit the number of toys made (like say for a retailer exclusive), then they have to increase the price in order to show a profit.

Just like comic books. It's why Marvel can afford to sell comics at $0.99, when smaller publishers need to charge $2.95 (I haven't bought a comic in about five years, so the prices might have changed).

Thus, the ridiculous price tag is not going to be because this toy will be HUGE and full of electronics and features. The ridiculous price tag will be coming from the fact that Hasbro only needs to fill Target stores (of which I don't have a single one within 50 miles of me).

The Sith Infiltrator, as tiny and crappy as it was, would have easily been a $30 toy if it had been a Target or TRU exclusive.

However, if the AT-TE is a $100 toy (Like the AT-AT or Queen's Starship), then you can see why making it an exclusive would force Hasbro to charge $150.

Again, I'm not deciding anything until I see a prototype.

El Chuxter
01-02-2008, 01:17 PM
A year ago, I would've been complaining with the rest of you over the price.

A year ago, I would've cared.

I didn't buy a single vehicle this year, and don't feel I missed out on anything. Even the V-Wing didn't interest me enough to get one. Why would I drop $150 on this now?

Four years ago would've been the optimum time to release this, Hasbro. A lot of us don't give a rat's arse anymore. I hope you fellows in Rhode Island are ready to watch these linger until they're clearanced. Please don't construe that fact as us not wanting a Yarna, though I'm sure you'll somehow twist it around in your little minds to mean just that.

Blue2th
01-02-2008, 01:53 PM
$150.00 is a little steep.
I paid $150.00 for a 1/6 scale Ultimate Soldier M5 Tank. But it had moving treads-backwards-forwards-turning, pivoting turret, firing cannon, machine gun sounds, engine sounds. A huge thing. Well worth it.

Now maybe if we can get a walking AT-TE, with some electronic sounds, that would be something. Well worth the $150.00. Though with all those mechanisms, there probably wouldn't be enough room for troops.

Heck I'll probably buy at least one anyways, even if it is static.
It'll be ouch time when I buy it.

bigbarada
01-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Now maybe if we can get a walking AT-TE, with some electronic sounds, that would be something. Well worth the $150.00. Though with all those mechanisms, there probably wouldn't be enough room for troops.

I don't think $150 is expensive enough if this toy was to have a CONVINCING walking feature. At that price, any walking feature would just end up being some lame shuffling around on the ground. If it was to electronically walk like it did the movie, then were looking at a $300-$500 minimum.

General_Grievous
01-02-2008, 02:52 PM

I don't know about a walking mechanism, but I'd be very surprised if it didn't have any electronic lights and sounds. You can quote me on that. In the meantime, I won't be buying one, no matter how cool it may be. I quit collecting the vehicles.

Tycho
01-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Wow. We are jumping further and further out of reality in our expectations for this toy here. :rolleyes:

Now it MUST have a REAL hologram generator so the men can receive Order 66 projected on your wall of course.

El Chuxter
01-02-2008, 02:57 PM
If we're getting this realistic, I want an AT-TE from a cut scene where Jabba kidnaps Padme, Sabe, Rabe, Dorme, Corde, all the other handmaidens, Aayla, and Barriss, and they're all forced to wear metal bikinis, and then Diva Shaliqua saves them all in an AT-TE and it's just full of life-sized hot babes in metal bikinis.

jedi master sal
01-02-2008, 04:59 PM
I hope we at least see a prototype, so we can get an idea of it's accuracy and scale to the figures.

However, the words "Target exclusive" are definitely not ones that I wanted to hear attached to this toy.

Actually it might be a good thing. Providing they don't fly off the shelves, they would go on sale quickly and then provide us with the opportunity to buy multiples for much cheaper.

jedi master sal
01-02-2008, 05:03 PM
If we're getting this realistic, I want an AT-TE from a cut scene where Jabba kidnaps Padme, Sabe, Rabe, Dorme, Corde, all the other handmaidens, Aayla, and Barriss, and they're all forced to wear metal bikinis, and then Diva Shaliqua saves them all in an AT-TE and it's just full of life-sized hot babes in metal bikinis.

Okay now THAT would be worth $150!

Jedi_Kal-El
01-07-2008, 07:53 PM
It would be nice if they displayed one at Toy Fair, but we'll probably have to wait until Comic-Con. I'll be interested to see exactly what features it does come with for that price.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-09-2008, 05:08 PM

I would think that with as much buzz as this one vehicle has generated(we've been asking for it for years now), I would think they would want to make it available to more than just one store. If they did it as a one-time only deal like the shuttle and the ultimate battle packs, alot of ppl would end up being ticked off at missing out.:mad:

Tycho
01-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I would think that with as much buzz as this one vehicle has generated(we've been asking for it for years now), I would think they would want to make it available to more than just one store. If they did it as a one-time only deal like the shuttle and the ultimate battle packs, alot of ppl would end up being ticked off at missing out.:mad:

We'll all be able to get it. Hasbro's in this for the money. It costs them less and less to keep offering this every year because they already cast the molds for the parts. They may do the tiger-stripes thing or other repaint tricks, but it'll be put back out there.

You've made a claim that the Ultimate Battle Packs and the Shuttle were one-time-only deals. That may be proven incorrect in less than 12 months. I have no inside info, mind you. But the Battle Packs will be brought out every year that they are still selling - that's my bet. We'll see them again next Fall.

As to the Shuttle - it was not a Target Exclusive (originally). It was an FAO Schwartz exclusive twice before I believe. Then it became a Target Exclusive (which is not so exclusive in the first place then, right?) I wouldn't be surprised if it came back either.

Every movie has it's largest vehicle piece:

E1: Royal Starship (it'll be back too, I bet)
E2: Republic Gunship
E3: ARC 170
E4: Millennium Falcon (we've seen this how many times?)
E5: AT-AT
E6: Imperial Shuttle

Now if the AT-TE is done to the correct scale, E2 will get another large vehicle.

Someday, the TurboTank will likely be E3's 2nd shot.

However, I bet they'd both be promoted as Clone Wars toys in support of the TV show.

I don't know if the classics will get 2nd shots, but Jabba's Sailbarge is just screaming to be made as the Episode 6 2nd shot.

bigbarada
01-09-2008, 08:50 PM
The Ultimate Battle Packs and Imperial Shuttle releases all used pre-existing vehicle molds from the vintage days. If Hasbro has to go through all the trouble of making an all-new mold, then they're going to want to make the toy as widely available as possible to offset those costs.

Kidhuman
01-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Tycho, Ep 6 also had the Endor AT-AT, its second big ship.

jedi master sal
01-09-2008, 09:31 PM
It will be both good and bad for it to be a wide release. If it's everywhere it will be relatively easy to buy.

If it's a exclusive to:
Target: Great, if there are some left after a month they will be marked down.
TRU: If there are some left after a month, they will continue to be there and shelf warm until they all sell out and never will be clearanced.
Wal*Mart: If there are some of these after a month...it will be a miracle, because WM isn't known for having large ships and their distriution for exclusives is typically horrid anyway, so many will be left out and have to resort to eBay.

So the VERY likely scenario is a wide release. All others except the Target option do not benefit the consumer. We will pay the same for it no matter where it is release, mass of exclusive (except Target), As well they do not benefit Hasbro either. If it's an exclusive and they don't sell out quickly at either TRU or WM, there will be a lower return as there will be less orders placed for replenishment. Target will take a loss on this as they have other exclusives in the past. They can only take a loss for so long.

Having it available everywhere, Hasbro gets the most orders for it up front regardless if it shelfwarms. Target is NOT known for clearancing things not exclusive to them, so it's not good for us there.

So expect to pay the full price no matter where you go.

I will be pleasantly shocked if it's an exclusive, even more so if it's a Target exclusive.

-Sal

bigbarada
01-09-2008, 09:46 PM
If it gets clearanced, that would be a good thing for consumers in the short term; but a bad thing in the long term. Sure lots of people would be able to get AT-TE's but the fact that they didn't sell out and had to be clearanced at a loss would be the final nail in the coffin for large vehicle toys.

We can say that we want big vehicles all day long, but unless we put our wallets where our mouths are and buy the big vehicles as soon as they are released (and not wait for them to be clearanced), then Hasbro can't take the risk of producing large vehicle toys.

So, if you want an AT-TE, then buy one as soon as it is released for full price, then you can hold out for the clearance racks if you want one or two more. This will assure Hasbro that we are serious about wanting these vehicles and increase the chances that more large vehicles will be made in the future.

jedi master sal
01-10-2008, 02:58 AM
If it gets clearanced, that would be a good thing for consumers in the short term; but a bad thing in the long term. Sure lots of people would be able to get AT-TE's but the fact that they didn't sell out and had to be clearanced at a loss would be the final nail in the coffin for large vehicle toys.

We can say that we want big vehicles all day long, but unless we put our wallets where our mouths are and buy the big vehicles as soon as they are released (and not wait for them to be clearanced), then Hasbro can't take the risk of producing large vehicle toys.

So, if you want an AT-TE, then buy one as soon as it is released for full price, then you can hold out for the clearance racks if you want one or two more. This will assure Hasbro that we are serious about wanting these vehicles and increase the chances that more large vehicles will be made in the future.

That is exactly what I've been saying as well since I heard about this. If you want one, get one at full retail. Don't wait. You could potentially screw over any chance for other large vehicles to be made. Jabba's Sail barge, Turbo tank, to name the two really big ones.

I understand the desire to save. I want to as well. That's why I'll hold out for the extras I want, but the first WILL be full retail.

Send Hasbro a positive message that they were right in making this!
-Sal

Tycho
01-10-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm in agreement with BigBarada and JediMasterSal's discussion points above.

Meanwhile:

Tycho, Ep 6 also had the Endor AT-AT, its second big ship.

This doesn't count as it was originally sculpted and offered as an ESB vehicle both in KENNER days and in it's first initial update for POTF2.

Putting dirt on its feet doesn't qualify it as a new vehicle for ROTJ in the same way the Shuttle was always intended to be a ROTJ ship and the sailbarge would be should they ever decide to make that.

Kidhuman
01-10-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm in agreement with BigBarada and JediMasterSal's discussion points above.

Meanwhile:

This doesn't count as it was originally sculpted and offered as an ESB vehicle both in KENNER days and in it's first initial update for POTF2.

Putting dirt on its feet doesn't qualify it as a new vehicle for ROTJ in the same way the Shuttle was always intended to be a ROTJ ship and the sailbarge would be should they ever decide to make that.

It counts as it was released for ROTJ specifically stating Endor on it. You will never convince Hasbro otherwise.

jedi master sal
01-10-2008, 10:07 AM
It counts as it was released for ROTJ specifically stating Endor on it. You will never convince Hasbro otherwise.

Well, I won't be convinced to buy an "Endor" AT-AT either. Heck I still have 3 AT-ATs from when they went on sale for $10 each back in the day. I'll just dirty up one of those myself for MUCH cheaper. I'm not concerened about the flip-top visor Scout. That's not enough to make me buy one of the Endor AT-ATs.

Hasbro is either deluded into thinking it's new, or trying to pull the wool over the less informed collectors/fans.

Oh and besides, my AT-AT all have electronics.

So, if new means just a new paint job and being stripped of a key component of playability....

El Chuxter
01-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Should I not get one on clearance, as opposed to not getting one at all?

jedi master sal
01-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Should I not get one on clearance, as opposed to not getting one at all?

You know what we mean Chux...

Of course get one as opposed to not getting one at all. However it's definitely the wrong message sent to Hasbro if these things don't sell quickly and/or they see that collectors are holding back for them to clearance. They as well as their retail partners don't want to take that risk. It's a leap of faith, if you ask me, that they are even doing the AT-TE at all, after years of saying they wouldn't do another big NEW vehicle.

We have to put up or shut up. And frankly, I don't want to shut up, I wants me some Turbo tank and Sail Barge! LOL

pegger
01-10-2008, 11:16 AM
I agree and disagree...

For those of us that demanded this vehicle to be made (BB, Sal, me, DarthBrandon, Tycho) we should put our money where our mouth is, and buy one at full $$ value.

If you didn't want one in the first place, and you wait till clearance, that's your choice. But if you do that, don't b***h and moan about not getting the Sail Barge, Turbo Tank, etc...

Personally, I feel that if you really want the AT-TE - buy it (full price). If you really want a Sail Barge, Turbo Tank, etc... - buy the AT-TE at full price.

If you don't collect vehicles, don't buy it, or buy it on clearance.

I used to be a die hard completionist. I'm now voting with my dollars. I want the AT-TE - I will buy it. I will not be buying the Ani (Vader), Obi Wan, Gree or Kashykk trooper at full price, becuase I don't think they are needed. I've got enough Ani's and Obi Wans, I'm fine with the ROTS Gree (even with it's flaws) and the Saga Kashykk trooper (even with it's flaws) that I don't see why I need to plunk $11.50 CAD on these figures. I will buy the panning droid, Po Nudo, Twobers, etc... For the TFU line, I will be the stormies, and Vader, but not the others. I will be buying all the Clone Wars figs (because I want those). Comic packs I will pick and choose.

Having said that, I also understand that I can't complain where a line, or segment dies, because I'm voting with my $$s.

Bosskman
01-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Same with me pegger. Picking and choosing is what I'm all about now. I will pick one AT-TE at least though...

jedi master sal
01-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Good explanation pegger.

I guess my call to buy at full retail really is aimed at those who want this or any other big vehicle.

If a person isn't really interested in getting this and happens upon it at clearance, I guess I wouldn't mind so much. It's just that we see a lot of chatter on all the major boards about this vehicle. So, it's those folks whom I hope will buy it when they se it first instead of chancing it to clearance.

El Chuxter
01-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I can no longer afford or house a vehicle that big for $100, much less $150.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-10-2008, 12:50 PM
We'll all be able to get it. Hasbro's in this for the money. It costs them less and less to keep offering this every year because they already cast the molds for the parts. They may do the tiger-stripes thing or other repaint tricks, but it'll be put back out there.

You've made a claim that the Ultimate Battle Packs and the Shuttle were one-time-only deals. That may be proven incorrect in less than 12 months. I have no inside info, mind you. But the Battle Packs will be brought out every year that they are still selling - that's my bet. We'll see them again next Fall.

As to the Shuttle - it was not a Target Exclusive (originally). It was an FAO Schwartz exclusive twice before I believe. Then it became a Target Exclusive (which is not so exclusive in the first place then, right?) I wouldn't be surprised if it came back either.

Every movie has it's largest vehicle piece:

E1: Royal Starship (it'll be back too, I bet)
E2: Republic Gunship
E3: ARC 170
E4: Millennium Falcon (we've seen this how many times?)
E5: AT-AT
E6: Imperial Shuttle

Now if the AT-TE is done to the correct scale, E2 will get another large vehicle.

Someday, the TurboTank will likely be E3's 2nd shot.

However, I bet they'd both be promoted as Clone Wars toys in support of the TV show.

I don't know if the classics will get 2nd shots, but Jabba's Sailbarge is just screaming to be made as the Episode 6 2nd shot.

When I said one time deals, I meant that Target had stated these were one time only, get them while you can. You're right though Tycho, we'll most likely will see them again sometime in the future. As for the others you brought up, I'd love to see a Sail Barge, and a Turbo Tank. Wouldn't mind seeing them re-release the AT-AT in the Hoth deco(knowing how Hasbro likes to work though, they'll probably gives us an all black version like that Titanium Shadow AT-AT).

As for the AT-TE, I just don't think it would make sense for them to do an initial release as an exclusive, for the fact that it would kill alot of people's chances of getting one, thus killing off large scale vehicles altogether.

jedi master sal
01-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I can no longer afford or house a vehicle that big for $100, much less $150.

Trust me I get that....I too wish it were less expensive.

bigbarada
01-10-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm not concerened about the flip-top visor Scout. That's not enough to make me buy one of the Endor AT-ATs.

And it's not like they're hard to find on ebay:

I do have an Endor AT-AT by the way, but that's only because I had to sell my vintage one a few years back and when you compare the prices of a complete, vintage AT-AT, a MIB POTF2 AT-AT and the Endor AT-AT; the Endor AT-AT is the cheapest. Plus I found it on the shelf at TRU, so no insane shipping costs for me.

Kidhuman
01-10-2008, 03:24 PM
The price tag on this has me wondering. I really do not have space to keep something this big. I want one so bad. I am going to have to make room for it somewhere and hopefully get a release date so I can save the dough for it.

mtriv73
01-10-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm out of room as well. I'm lobbying for a bigger house now (we're going looking saturday) and blaming the need for a bigger place on our new kid. :bandit:

bigbarada
01-10-2008, 05:03 PM
and blaming the need for a bigger place on our new kid. :bandit:

A "new kid" that just happens to have six legs, is made of plastic and costs $150.:D

jedi master sal
01-10-2008, 05:50 PM
atte - boy!

mtriv73
01-13-2008, 09:18 AM
A "new kid" that just happens to have six legs, is made of plastic and costs $150.:D

Just 2 legs, though the way he's moving them around recently you would think there are more.

pegger
01-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Hey congrats! Enjoy the now with him - it'll go by alot quicker than you'll want it to.

jedibear
01-13-2008, 05:02 PM
...some people don't have Target stores near them. I thought this applies mostly to Canadians? But can't you just order this from Target.com instead of waste trips and time guessing when a toy run would be productive?

I'm here in Vermont where there are NO Targets. (we are still in the US last time I looked) :) Nearest one: New York at almost three hours away...or New Hampshire at two-plus hours away...
...and no, Target does NOT offer their exclusives online. Otherwise I'd be enjoying those Order 66 packs from a couple of years back and not lamenting the fact I'll never see the new ones either.

Whatever the AT-TE's retail fate is...PLEASE let it NOT be a Target exclusive!

Jedi_Kal-El
01-13-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm here in Vermont where there are NO Targets. (we are still in the US last time I looked) :) Nearest one: New York at almost three hours away...or New Hampshire at two-plus hours away...
...and no, Target does NOT offer their exclusives online. Otherwise I'd be enjoying those Order 66 packs from a couple of years back and not lamenting the fact I'll never see the new ones either.

Target doesn't offer all of their exclusives online, but they have offered some. Of all the ones they had at the end of last year, only the AT-RT BP was available online. In fact I believe it was available online before it was out in stores. They have also offered certain exclusives online in the past, so as far as that goes it's a crap-shoot.

Like I said, if Hasbro wants to see a return on their investing in this, then it needs to be a general release available to all stores willing to carry it.

jedi master sal
01-13-2008, 06:30 PM

When these start to hit, I can hook you up. However I can't afford to pay for something like this up front. So I'd need payment first. Not now mind you but when they start showing up.

I have no idea how much shipping would be, but rest assured it would be exact shipping.

Also have no worries about this offer. I'm a moderator here and have more to loose if I were to screw anyone over on a deal.

PM me if interested. This offer goes out to anyone. I'll help every and anyone I can get this.

I'm a man with a mission!

Val Da Car
01-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Video Article at CNN's money site showing AT TE

http://money.cnn.com/video/#/video/news/2008/01/18/news.parija.hasbro.cnnmoney

15 seconds in is the AT TE off to the left.

At 1:15 there is the other side of the table with a Clone Trooper Helmet and a smaller ship (but I can make out what it is) or the front of the AT TE

Jedi_Kal-El
01-20-2008, 01:05 PM

At 1:15 there is the other side of the table with a Clone Trooper Helmet and a smaller ship (but I can make out what it is) or the front of the AT TE

The ship you can't make out looks to be the V-19 Torrent, but still kind of a blur. Would have been nice to see a full shot of the AT-TE though.

Maradona
01-20-2008, 01:27 PM

Maybe it's just me, but does it look like the AT-TE is missing legs? It could just be the angle, but it should have 6 legs, right?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Holy nuts, nice find! It's kind of difficult to make out the scale of it, but it looks to be about as tall as the clone mask (which looks very cartoony). It looks nice . . . I don't know about $150 nice, though. I don't think there are any other vehicles on display, but in the shots with the clone mask, you see the front of the AT-TE.

bigbarada
01-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Looks like a prototype to me.:yes: I think that's about as confirmed as we can get at this point.

For some reason and it may just be the angle, but it feels "elongated." Like there's just too much empty space between the rear legs and the middle legs.

mtriv73
01-20-2008, 03:19 PM
I agree, that's about $50 nice, definitely not $150. I can't wait for better pics from Toy Fair.

pegger
01-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Maybe it's just me, but does it look like the AT-TE is missing legs? It could just be the angle, but it should have 6 legs, right?

I think we can only see the back half. The 2 legs at the "front" are the side legs. That'll be one long vehicle.

bigbarada
01-20-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm looking at photos of the AT-TE and that toy definitely looks stretched. That's a little disappointing. :sad: Hopefully, it's just the prototype and the actual toy looks more correctly proportioned.

jedi master sal
01-20-2008, 04:58 PM
It is indeed the AT-TE. With six legs. No V-19 present. I screencapped the same pic as Val and also got the view from the front when we also have a clear view of the clone helmet.

I'm blowing up the screencaps, pics to follow very shortly.

Val Da Car
01-20-2008, 04:59 PM

It looks like from the midsection back.

jedi master sal
01-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Okay, since the original video was small, it's a bit hard to get a nice big pic out of this. So I blew it up twice as much. You can see some better detail, but not much.

WHOO-HOO!!!

It's ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!!!!

This can be called confirmed now!!!!

jedi master sal
01-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Okay, now again it's hard to tell too much detail, but it looks like Hasbro cheaped out on the front lower pair of ball turrets.

However the size looks pretty decent overall. That too is hard to tell without an action figure standing next to it. But it looks good for what can be made of it.

$150...well maybe not. But $100, ok, I'll bite!

Val Da Car
01-20-2008, 05:19 PM
In fact the CNN interview mentioned no Star Wars toys, it must just be a given.

I wonder what the MF prototype looks like?

Any idea if the 20 figures fit in a middle compartment or in two side compartments?

jedi master sal
01-20-2008, 05:27 PM
I took some measurements using Photoshop.

Hulk hands are approximately 10 inches from bottom of wrist to top of fist as shown in the pic on the table. Knowing this measurement enabled me to use the tool in photoshop to measure the rest.

In photoshop you can measure things even when they are in perspective like this. Using the table, walls, and the chair, I can ascertain that the AT-TE is at least 10 inches to 12 inches tall. Using that mark, and cross-referencing the height of the AT-AT (actual-not toy) (15.5M) against the AT-TE (actual) 5.02M, we ARE getting an AT-TE close to scale.

Also using that mark for the height, can place the length of the toy AT-TE at between 1.5 and 2 ft! As well again using these measurements, it's at least 12 inches wide! That's right on the mark give or take a small margin (within acceptance of true scale). The cannon measures approx 2in "tall" from where it meets the body to the topside of the cannon. Can't get a length of the cannon as there is no picture to give me a reference for the toy. The body section is approx 4-4.5 inches tall, easily fitting clonetroopers! Which leaves us with 3.5-4 inches of space under the body. A close squeeze yes for clones to walk underneath, but the point being it does appear they CAN be place under it, yet fully upright!

Given all of these measurements, it appears we have an AT-TE toy that is 80% (at worst) to 95% (at best) scale with the figures.

That's freakin' outstanding, if you ask me. A damn sight better than the Infiltrator!

-Sal

Tycho
01-20-2008, 06:50 PM
I would like to thank JediMasterSal for the above analysis.

That was very interesting and useful to me as well.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Very interesting indeed. I'm going to have to buy several more Ep 2 clones for this. I can't wait for this to arrive and fall won't get here soon enough!

Val Da Car
01-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I would like to thank JediMasterSal for the above analysis.

That was very interesting and useful to me as well.

I concur....JMS you are one Smart Photoshop professional..

Thanks...and very glad to offer up the pics & linkage.

DarthBrandon
01-20-2008, 07:22 PM
I took some measurements using Photoshop.

Hulk hands are approximately 10 inches from bottom of wrist to top of fist as shown in the pic on the table. Knowing this measurement enabled me to use the tool in photoshop to measure the rest.

In photoshop you can measure things even when they are in perspective like this. Using the table, walls, and the chair, I can ascertain that the AT-TE is at least 10 inches to 12 inches tall. Using that mark, and cross-referencing the height of the AT-AT (actual-not toy) (15.5M) against the AT-TE (actual) 5.02M, we ARE getting an AT-TE close to scale.

Also using that mark for the height, can place the length of the toy AT-TE at between 1.5 and 2 ft! As well again using these measurements, it's at least 12 inches wide! That's right on the mark give or take a small margin (within acceptance of true scale). The cannon measures approx 2in "tall" from where it meets the body to the topside of the cannon. Can't get a length of the cannon as there is no picture to give me a reference for the toy. The body section is approx 4-4.5 inches tall, easily fitting clonetroopers! Which leaves us with 3.5-4 inches of space under the body. A close squeeze yes for clones to walk underneath, but the point being it does appear they CAN be place under it, yet fully upright!

Given all of these measurements, it appears we have an AT-TE toy that is 80% (at worst) to 95% (at best) scale with the figures.

That's freakin' outstanding, if you ask me. A damn sight better than the Infiltrator!

-Sal

This analysis alone (if even slightly correct) makes me want at least 2 or 3 of them big time. At last I can change my sig soon enough.:D

jedi master sal
01-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks all.

I think most of you know how much I really wanted this, even posting the vehicle poll last year with the AT-TE winning. so I HAD to be on this quick and get those measurements. I knew others would be interested as well.

In that I'm very glad to help. I won't make excuses if I'm wrong, however, even if you just eye it up, my measurements seem to make sense. So I think I'm pretty darn close.

Thanks to Val for the link and screencaps.

Hmm, now I wonder if Hasbro will deny it's existence now? ToyFare or not, they've got to recognize it and do us a service by giving us some detailed info. We can wait until ToyFare for the actual toy to be shown. I'm certain people want to know not only the exact size, but if it has electronics, how many clones can it fit, how many in the "cockpit", how many gunner stations are there, are there 4 front mounted ball turrets or two (as it seems like by the pictures), is this an exclusive and where, etc...oh and HOW MUCH FOR IT?

-Sal

Jedi_Kal-El
01-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks all.

I think most of you know how much I really wanted this, even posting the vehicle poll last year with the AT-TE winning. so I HAD to be on this quick and get those measurements. I knew others would be interested as well.

In that I'm very glad to help. I won't make excuses if I'm wrong, however, even if you just eye it up, my measurements seem to make sense. So I think I'm pretty darn close.

Thanks to Val for the link and screencaps.

Hmm, now I wonder if Hasbro will deny it's existence now? ToyFare or not, they've got to recognize it and do us a service by giving us some detailed info. We can wait until ToyFare for the actual toy to be shown. I'm certain people want to know not only the exact size, but if it has electronics, how many clones can it fit, how many in the "cockpit", how many gunner stations are there, are there 4 front mounted ball turrets or two (as it seems like by the pictures), is this an exclusive and where, etc...oh and HOW MUCH FOR IT?

-Sal

Even if you're wrong Sal it's not gonna matter much to most of us. I for one am glad to have one comming that's at least close to scale, and it's going to look good on the shelf next to the AT-TP. I have my AT-ATs on opposite sides of my shelves with the AT-STs sitting next to them and I think AT-TE is gonna be right right on home in the center of that shelf.

Good work Val and Sal. Now like you said, if we could just get some blasted info an the darned thing.

Maradona
01-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Great leg work, JMS! :yes:

It doesn't seem reasonable for Hasbro to offer this as an exclusive. We have heard from them ad nauseum about tooling costs and what-not regarding larger scale toys, so would they go through that trouble just to make it available only at one retailer? I doubt it. This will be everywhere, thankfully.

I'll pick one up at full price, then hope to score a few more at a KB clearance at some point. I remember when the AT-AT came back out in 97, I paid about $80 at TRU and then a year later they were stacked high at my local KB on clearance for $29.99. But if it does so well that it never makes it to a clearance aisle, I'll still be happy since it will bode well for a Turbo Tank or even a retooled AT-AT sometime down the line.

I wonder if the turrets have seats that require a wide stance for the gunner. The AT-TE Gunner from Ep.3 has ball jointed hips. Maybe that would be the reason.

jedi master sal
01-20-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the cockpit will hold two, there are 4 spots for gunners inside (2 front, 2 back-1 on each side of course) and room for 8 more sitting clones inside, for a total of 16 clones. If 20 clones total is the mark, then 12 sitting clones in the body sections.

Split those "body" clones up either 4front/4aft or 6/6.

Val Da Car
01-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Sal,

I need to give credit where credit is due.

I posted and gave you credit over in the AT TE discussion forums at Rebelscum to shut them up.

I hate when ppl assume and throw out nonsense and dropped the hammer with your info (and a linky back here) on the AT TE.

Thanks again.

LMK if you need more clones!!!

j/k:whip:

El Chuxter
01-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Dammit.

I cannot believe this carp.

I figured they'd show the Animated Grimlock figure. I'll sure as heck be buying him before this AT-TE I have no room for, and very little interest in, given that it took them six frigging years.

Man, I really want to see a prototype of Animated Grimlock. I hope they bring back CommTech technology for that. "Cars and trucks bad! Car robots WORSE!!"

jedi master sal
01-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Sal,

I need to give credit where credit is due.

I posted and gave you credit over in the AT TE discussion forums at Rebelscum to shut them up.

I hate when ppl assume and throw out nonsense and dropped the hammer with your info (and a linky back here) on the AT TE.

Thanks again.

LMK if you need more clones!!!

j/k:whip:

Cool. I just read the thread from the point of the vid being posted. No worries. I think the overwhelming majority of collectors are excited about this. I say let the speculation run wild. Hasbro no doubt will get a kick out of the discussions.

Thanks for giving me some cred Val.

(Now I just hope I don't look like a moron if I was wrong about the size, lol)

Again though I should be pretty darn close.

jedibear
01-21-2008, 12:20 AM
(Now I just hope I don't look like a moron if I was wrong about the size, lol)
Again though I should be pretty darn close.

I think your math is pretty damned close...and thank you for goin' that extra mile! Sure helps ratchet up my enthusiasm for this vehicle several notches!

I hope SirSteve & co take LOTS of shots of it if it's presented at Toyfair!

Thanks again, Sal...

Tycho
01-21-2008, 12:26 AM
I hope Steve takes along his own loose Clone Trooper figure to stage some size comparison shots if they give him permission.

I hereby formally request that. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like that either. But I'll start it. Steve already knows I'm crazy.

jedi master sal
01-21-2008, 12:32 AM
I think your math is pretty damned close...and thank you for goin' that extra mile! Sure helps ratchet up my enthusiasm for this vehicle several notches!

I hope SirSteve & co take LOTS of shots of it if it's presented at Toyfair!

Thanks again, Sal...

No problem. Very happy to do it.

And I'm VERY excited about this too. I just wish I could get it next month instead of having to wait closer to end of summer/beginning of fall for it (Around the time of the Clone Wars toys and cartoon).

-Sal

jedi master sal
01-21-2008, 12:33 AM
I hope Steve takes along his own loose Clone Trooper figure to stage some size comparison shots if they give him permission.

I hereby formally request that. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like that either. But I'll start it. Steve already knows I'm crazy.

Oh hell's yeah, I'll second that!

(On both counts: putting a clone by it for scale and that Tycho is crazy, lol)

Oh and Tycho, PM again. I had to clear out some messages in my PM box.

Val Da Car
01-21-2008, 12:34 AM
DUDE!!!..

You are famous on the interwebs!!!!!

Yakface took your quote also..

I am glad someone is good at math..

http://cgi.denpetersen.com/YAK1/viewtopic.php?t=2256&start=50

Thanks again

jedi master sal
01-21-2008, 12:53 AM
DUDE!!!..

You are famous on the interwebs!!!!!

Yakface took your quote also..

I am glad someone is good at math..

http://cgi.denpetersen.com/YAK1/viewtopic.php?t=2256&start=50

Thanks again

Yeah, I know. The quote also got play on Yodasnews.
I posted this at JediDefender and JediTempleArchives as well. So it's ALL over the place.

Hasbro CAN'T ignore it now, HA HA!!!!

(Not my intention, but nice to see it everywhere. My intention was to post it on the boards I frequent most, so that I could share my findings with my fellow collectors.)

Say Val, if you're a member on YAKFace, say a thanks for me. I just tried to sign up and can't seem to get the confirmation e-mail.

Ooh, I'm so itchin' to ask Hasbro questions about this!

Phantom-like Menace
01-21-2008, 02:39 AM
Excitement builds. A couple of these are going to be what can only be described as super sweet. I'm imagining at this point I'll be hard pressed not to break down and get three of these.

Bar
01-21-2008, 06:07 AM
I think the scale is looking at between 1/24 and 1/32.
The reason i say this is that a clonetrooper should not be able to touch the underside of the hull with an outstretched hand if he was under it, and that At-Te shown in the vid looks small for that.
I am not complaining. 1/24 is my scale of choice anyway, but the evidence looks compelling that the toy will be closer to 1/32.
If you look at this image (http://www.galaxybattle.net/Bilder/atte.jpg), you will agree that toy shown in the clip is NOT that big...
I am starting to look forward to this!!!
Bar.

bigbarada
01-21-2008, 12:31 PM
I think the fact it is going to be too small compared to it's size in the movie is a given. With the possible exceptions of the A-Wing and Snowspeeder, pretty much every Star Wars vehicle has had to be scaled down for the toy line. Nobody should be surprised that the AT-TE is going to be underscaled.

Bar
01-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Yeah, as i said.
Although it will be impossible to tell until anyone has one in their hands to measure, i would say the liklihood of it being about half scale is about right.
Bar.

Tycho
01-21-2008, 02:31 PM
2008 is the year for vehicles! I'm more excited about what's coming in those assortments than any figures I can remember about.

AT-TE
Grievous' fighter
AT-AP
V-19 Torrent Starfighter
Large Homing Spider Droid

OK - toys just got fun again!

Jedi_Kal-El
01-21-2008, 03:48 PM
2008 is the year for vehicles! I'm more excited about what's coming in those assortments than any figures I can remember about.

AT-TE
Grievous' fighter
AT-AP
V-19 Torrent Starfighter
Large Homing Spider Droid

OK - toys just got fun again!

Yeah, I really have to agree with you on that Tycho. I can't remember the last time I was more anxious for the vehicles than the figures, and minus all the cheesy re-paints you know they'll probably throw our way, it's looking like a pretty darned good year.:yes:

jedi master sal
01-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I really have to agree with you on that Tycho. I can't remember the last time I was more anxious for the vehicles than the figures, and minus all the cheesy re-paints you know they'll probably throw our way, it's looking like a pretty darned good year.:yes:

I'd have to third this sentiment. Since I'm just about out of the army building game, I'm looking forward to having vehicles for all of these troops. And there's no way I'll army vehicles.

Though I do plan on 3 each of AT-APs, AT-TEs depending on the price, and Homing Spider Droids.

Bar
01-21-2008, 05:10 PM
2008 is the year for vehicles!
V-19 Torrent Starfighter
Is this the "real" version, or is it the CW cartoon type?

jedi master sal
01-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Is this the "real" version, or is it the CW cartoon type?

Given that we really don't have a realistic version, but that Hasbro said they would not be producing an animated style line, you'd have to think they'd design the V-19 to fit in with the realistic style.

bigbarada
01-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Vehicles have always been the selling point of the line for me, so I'm very happy to see a renewed focus on them.

Honestly the last time I was this excited about a new Star Wars vehicle was 1981 when I saw the first commercial for Kenner's AT-AT.

About my earlier "elongated" comments, I just realized that this sequence was most likely filmed with a wide angle lens. Just because it's an all-purpose kind of lens that doesn't require much "effort" in terms of exposure and depth of field. Anyways, wide-angle lenses create a mild "fish-eye" effect to objects on the far edge of the picture plane. The AT-TE toy is on the far left side of those screencaps, so camera distortion might be to blame for it looking "stretched" like it does.

bigbarada
01-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Here we go, I forgot that Photoshop has a tool that allows you to correct for lens distortion. Using the walls in the background for a guide (since walls are generally at 90 degree angles and parallel to each other) I was able to estimate that this was probably filmed with a lens that might have been as wide as 18mm (the lower the number the wider the focal length). I just corrected for that until the walls in the background were as parallel with each other as possible. Now the man and the woman appear to be about the same size (the man no longer looks like a giant) and the AT-TE in the background is starting to look more proportional to it's film counterpart.

From the curve of the walls, you can see that it's not perfect, but it's closer than it was before.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Here we go, I forgot that Photoshop has a tool that allows you to correct for lens distortion. Using the walls in the background for a guide (since walls are generally at 90 degree angles and parallel to each other) I was able to estimate that this was probably filmed with a lens that might have been as wide as 18mm (the lower the number the wider the focal length). I just corrected for that until the walls in the background were as parallel with each other as possible. Now the man and the woman appear to be about the same size (the man no longer looks like a giant) and the AT-TE in the background is starting to look more proportional to it's film counterpart.

From the curve of the walls, you can see that it's not perfect, but it's closer than it was before.

That does seem to make it look less streched, and a little taller as well. CURSE YOU HASBRO.....send us full photo already!!!! I don't want to wait until Toyfair to see it, and I don't want to wait until fall to have to get it.
Want me an AT-TE Now!!!

Kidhuman
01-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Slightly Off Topic here, but why the hell are they releasing the Hulk Gloves again? They didnt sell the first time around and neither did the Thing Gloves. Jackasses

bigbarada
01-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Slightly Off Topic here, but why the hell are they releasing the Hulk Gloves again? They didnt sell the first time around and neither did the Thing Gloves. Jackasses

That entire news story just focused on old products and new versions of old products, they didn't really talk about the new toys at all.:upset:

Jedi_Kal-El
01-21-2008, 11:01 PM
That entire news story just focused on old products and new versions of old products, they didn't really talk about the new toys at all.:upset:

Of course it did. It would make way too much sense for Hasbro to actually show something off that ppl might actually want to see. I too remember seeing the Hulk and Thing fists clogging up the shelves. That wouldn't really appeal to me either if I was a kid. Too many much better toys out there to be had.

El Chuxter
01-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Simple.

BIG GREEN FOAM HULK GLOVES make everything better!!

figrin bran
01-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Of course it did. It would make way too much sense for Hasbro to actually show something off that ppl might actually want to see. I too remember seeing the Hulk and Thing fists clogging up the shelves. That wouldn't really appeal to me either if I was a kid. Too many much better toys out there to be had.

The story wasn't geared towards toy collectors. Believe it or not, there are plenty of people out there who don't care about the AT-TE at all :p

That being said, Hasbro doesn't need to be a tease by showing part of the AT-TE and not making any mention of it.

bigbarada
01-21-2008, 11:57 PM
The story wasn't geared towards toy collectors. Believe it or not, there are plenty of people out there who don't care about the AT-TE at all :p

YOU LIE!!!

Just you watch, "AT-TE's in every home!" will be the theme of the next Presidential campaign.:yes:

El Chuxter
01-22-2008, 12:12 AM
I actually saw earlier, on the Democratic Party debate on CNN, Obama and Clinton were squabbling, and Edwards interjected, "Excuse me, but how exactly is this sort of political bickering getting a properly-scaled AT-TE into every home?"

bigbarada
01-22-2008, 12:51 AM
I actually saw earlier, on the Democratic Party debate on CNN, Obama and Clinton were squabbling, and Edwards interjected, "Excuse me, but how exactly is this sort of political bickering getting a properly-scaled AT-TE into every home?"

Just the other day I heard Huckabee mention a carded Yarna action figure, so we may be making some progress in that front, too.:D

Jedi_Kal-El
01-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Simple.

BIG GREEN FOAM HULK GLOVES make everything better!!

When I was young Hulk gloves were made from 2 rolls of masking tape, green paint and home made sound effects.:thumbsup:

Just the other day I heard Huckabee mention a carded Yarna action figure, so we may be making some progress in that front, too.:D

Fred Thompson just dropped out because his platform for a carded Willrow Hood came up a bit short.lol

bigbarada
01-23-2008, 12:19 AM
I must be excited for this vehicle, I went to Wal-Mart earlier and bought up a small squad of the Ep2 Clonetroopers that have been warming the pegs since November. I got six of the white Clones, one red Clone Officer and one blue Clone Officer. Sadly enough, I could go back to that Wal-Mart right now, double the size of my squad and still leave a few Ep2 Clonetroopers on the pegs.

So, I've got a decent little troop to march into battle with my AT-TE. For now, though, they'll probably just gang up on my Hailfire Droid.:cool:

jedi master sal
01-23-2008, 10:14 AM
I must be excited for this vehicle, I went to Wal-Mart earlier and bought up a small squad of the Ep2 Clonetroopers that have been warming the pegs since November. I got six of the white Clones, one red Clone Officer and one blue Clone Officer. Sadly enough, I could go back to that Wal-Mart right now, double the size of my squad and still leave a few Ep2 Clonetroopers on the pegs.

So, I've got a decent little troop to march into battle with my AT-TE. For now, though, they'll probably just gang up on my Hailfire Droid.:cool:

Cool!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Prequel clone army building!

Sadly if I could afford it and wanted to, I could go to 5 of my local stores and wipe them out of AOTC clones and come home with about 50 more of them...I NEVER thought these would pegwarm.

I bet kids will kick themselves for not buying more after the AT-TE hits and these clones are finally scarce to find again.

bigbarada
01-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Cool!

Sadly if I could afford it and wanted to, I could go to 5 of my local stores and wipe them out of AOTC clones and come home with about 50 more of them...I NEVER thought these would pegwarm.

I bet kids will kick themselves for not buying more after the AT-TE hits and these clones are finally scarce to find again.

I tried army building once when I found like 30 Commtech Stormtrooper at TRU on clearance for $1.99 each. I bought them all and created a platoon that just sat on my shelf and collected dust and collapsed like dominoes one too many times. So I got tired of the upkeep and just stuck them all in a box.

After watching Ep2, I decided that I wanted to create one vehicle-centric display of Clonetroopers. Back then all we had was the Gunship, which I owned and started building a small squad of those Ep2 "early bird" Clones. Then my nephews kept begging me for the Gunship; so I eventually caved and gave it to them, thinking that I could probably just wait until they took a nap and sneak it back onto my shelf without them noticing. However, within five minutes my nephew had taken it outside, caught the wing on the stairway railings and the Gunship goes flying out of his hand and tumbles down the stairs and is "instantly disassembled" on the concrete below. We managed to get most of it back together but many of the spring loaded missiles were lost forever.

It wasn't a huge deal, I felt bad for my nephew more than anything else, because he kept asking about those missiles for weeks after that. I didn't realize that toy was love at first sight for him. So I decided that, since I like the AT-TE better anyway, I'd just wait until Hasbro made that and resume my original goal of a vehicle-centered display. Which is good, because the SA Clonetroopers we have now are light years better than those old Preview Clones.

I've set a limit of no more than 20 Clones total for this set-up, which would be two squads (12 white clones and 2 of each officer, maximum), also requiring two Jedi to lead them. Right now Sora Bulq is in charge of my current little army. I don't know who would take over the other squad, but I'm still holding out hope for a Torados Gon figure (the Barada-Jedi from the arena).

Is it just me, or do I suddenly sound like Tycho? :)

Jedi_Kal-El
01-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Cool!

Yeah, that's my thing too...the money part, but I'm gonna need to get at least 10 more. What I'm torn on is do I want to go AOTC, or ROTS?

Right now I'm leaning tword Sith because I bought quite a few Tank gunners in the hope I'd get to use them eventually.

jedi master sal
01-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Yeah, that's my thing too...the money part, but I'm gonna need to get at least 10 more. What I'm torn on is do I want to go AOTC, or ROTS?

Right now I'm leaning toward Sith because I bought quite a few Tank gunners in the hope I'd get to use them eventually.

Heh, try and be in my boat brother.

I've got more than 1000 clones between AOTC and ROTS.

I'm REALLY hoping the price of the AT-TE is reasonable-read no more than $100. I want 2 for sure (up to 5 tops), but if I have to settle for one then it becomes an AOTC Geonosis AT-TE. If the price is right, then the second one becomes an Utapau AT-TE. The third would got to Coruscant (end of AOTC), the fourth to Felucia, and the fifth to Kashyyyk.

So I'd have 2 AOTC AT-TEs and 3 ROTS AT-TEs. And trust me, I've got more than enough clones to fill them and march/fight alongside them.

All the gunners will come in handy finally. If they don't make an AT-TE specific driver, then the Gunners get to drive it as well as man the topside cannon then the interior seats for the ball turrets.

I'm freakin' excited for this vehicle.

GAWD! When the hell is Toyfare??? I needs me some pics!!!

Jedi_Kal-El
01-23-2008, 06:23 PM
I'd like to get 2 of them Sal. Money permitting of coarse. I could always wait for them to go on clearance to get the second one.

As far as clones go, something tells me they'll be available in some way or another so getting more wouldn't be problem. Finding a place for the having the numbers of them like you have would be the thing.

As long as I get at least one AT-TE and have the clones to go with, I'm good. I can worry about a second and more troops after the fact I suppose.

I'm with ya too....we need good pics and SOON!!!!

Tycho
01-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Is it just me, or do I suddenly sound like Tycho? :)

Nah. What I may try to do is get away with a False-Crew for my AT-TE.

What that means is that if you can't see inside the thing (via windows in places) than I won't need clones to go there.

I recognize what might be the hypocrisy in my taste here:

1) It is important that this toy have the potential to be manned by 20 some clones as Hasbro may have suggested. That increases its value as a TOY that functions to recreate the vehicle's purpose in the movie - as an armored troop transport / attack platform. OK Fine.

2) As a diorama builder, I already have about 25 clones for "ground troops" for my Geonosis scene and maybe as many for my Utopau scene between the appropriate Clone Troopers and the Airborne guys. OK Fine. However, if I have clones inside a sealed vehicle - which will be displayed behind glass to keep dust (and my cats) out of it - who is going to find out about it? (if you don't read my post about it here and know I'm perpetuating False-Crews for my AT-TEs).

So actually, I'll ask you JediMasterSal and you, BigBarada, that while it might be fun to True-Crew these vehicles, (cost $142.80 approx in California for 20 figures after tax at the old price of $7.14 per figure after tax), isn't it more worth it to just buy more AT-TE's? You might even get more Clones for them on sale sometime later on down the line. You can temp-crew your first AT-TE with figures you've already got to play with it while it's new and holds your fascination. But if you're like me - once you get that thing posed - perhaps even stepping on a Battle Droid (or about to - that'd be a cool pose!) you may not want to move it or mess with it again. Mine will go behind the glass at that point anyway.

So what to do? You'll probably need 2-3 Clones to man gunner stations / the pilot station where they'll be visible, but you could at least save $121 (approximately) by not getting those Clones and you'd have yourself ANOTHER AT-TE. Isn't that the priority here? Retailers will stock big items like this sporadically. But do you honestly have much doubt that Hasbro will EVER stop shipping Clones? If I'm wrong, you can always crew your AT-TE with multiple Darth Vaders! ;)

Kidhuman
01-23-2008, 07:30 PM
If I get one(depends on the price and availablity), I am going to use it for AOTC since I have Hailfire Droids to go with it. If they do it up in CW Deco we will all be screwed and the clone armies we have rendered useless.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-23-2008, 08:26 PM
If I get one(depends on the price and availablity), I am going to use it for AOTC since I have Hailfire Droids to go with it. If they do it up in CW Deco we will all be screwed and the clone armies we have rendered useless.

In the trailer for CW the ones they showed looked to be in republic colors so I would hope they wouldn't go all goofy on us.

If it sells well, I can see them repainting it in some weird CW deco, but here's to the hope that they keep it simple.

bigbarada
01-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Nah. What I may try to do is get away with a False-Crew for my AT-TE.

What that means is that if you can't see inside the thing (via windows in places) than I won't need clones to go there.

I recognize what might be the hypocrisy in my taste here:

1) It is important that this toy have the potential to be manned by 20 some clones as Hasbro may have suggested. That increases its value as a TOY that functions to recreate the vehicle's purpose in the movie - as an armored troop transport / attack platform. OK Fine.

2) As a diorama builder, I already have about 25 clones for "ground troops" for my Geonosis scene and maybe as many for my Utopau scene between the appropriate Clone Troopers and the Airborne guys. OK Fine. However, if I have clones inside a sealed vehicle - which will be displayed behind glass to keep dust (and my cats) out of it - who is going to find out about it? (if you don't read my post about it here and know I'm perpetuating False-Crews for my AT-TEs).

So actually, I'll ask you JediMasterSal and you, BigBarada, that while it might be fun to True-Crew these vehicles, (cost $142.80 approx in California for 20 figures after tax at the old price of $7.14 per figure after tax), isn't it more worth it to just buy more AT-TE's? You might even get more Clones for them on sale sometime later on down the line. You can temp-crew your first AT-TE with figures you've already got to play with it while it's new and holds your fascination. But if you're like me - once you get that thing posed - perhaps even stepping on a Battle Droid (or about to - that'd be a cool pose!) you may not want to move it or mess with it again. Mine will go behind the glass at that point anyway.

So what to do? You'll probably need 2-3 Clones to man gunner stations / the pilot station where they'll be visible, but you could at least save $121 (approximately) by not getting those Clones and you'd have yourself ANOTHER AT-TE. Isn't that the priority here? Retailers will stock big items like this sporadically. But do you honestly have much doubt that Hasbro will EVER stop shipping Clones? If I'm wrong, you can always crew your AT-TE with multiple Darth Vaders! ;)

To be honest, I don't remember seeing a single Clone manning the AT-TEs. They were never visible from the outside of the vehicle and you never saw one on the top turret. So, I might get a couple of Clone drivers (assuming Hasbro makes an Ep2 version), but I'm not really interested in having Clones hanging on the outside of or sitting inside my AT-TE. My little squad is for positioning on the ground around the AT-TE, not inside.

I plan for my set-up to be stationary, but I also want the freedom to be able to pick the vehicle up and mess around with it whenever I want. That's going to be tough to do with a bunch of Clonetroopers inside of it.

What does an AT-TE driver look like anyway? I know we have the Ep3 Gunner and the Driver could be very similar to that, but what did the Ep2 versions look like?

Mvader91
01-23-2008, 10:01 PM
There is not a shortage of clones. there are plenty of them available on hasbro shop.

jedi master sal
01-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Tycho, for me, since I already have the clones, it's about having a huge ground army fighting along them, as well, I have a place to actually STORE them, if needed and a place that makes complete sense to do so.

KH, if they do it up in some stupid deco, I'll be nutso for awhile, heh heh. I'll seriously consider repainting it, but knowing that hasbro would come out with it again and in the right colors would prevent me from repainting it. But I'd still get one even if in goofy non-movie colors because "you just never know" if they would rerelease it in the right colors.

I'm pretty confident though from the little clip we've now all seen that we are getting it in the right colors. However, I AM actually thinking about painting one in some kind of forest camo for the Kashyyyk diorama. Not like the AT-RT set mind you. Something a little more subtle, but still can see the camo.

Maradona
01-24-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm pretty confident though from the little clip we've now all seen that we are getting it in the right colors. However, I AM actually thinking about painting one in some kind of forest camo for the Kashyyyk diorama. Not like the AT-RT set mind you. Something a little more subtle, but still can see the camo.

If the AT-TE does as well as we hope, Hasbro will probably re-release it with different paint schemes. I can easily see them releasing Kashyyyk, battle damaged, shark-face, and, of course, shadow versions of this wonderful beast in the years to come.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-24-2008, 04:12 PM
If the AT-TE does as well as we hope, Hasbro will probably re-release it with different paint schemes. I can easily see them releasing Kashyyyk, battle damaged, shark-face, and, of course, shadow versions of this wonderful beast in the years to come.

Let's just hope that they don't raise the price everytime they do a re-paint.
Hasbro has a bad habit of issuing re-dos as exclusives, thus the increase(Endor AT-AT comes to mind).

jedi master sal
01-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Let's just hope that they don't raise the price everytime they do a re-paint.
Hasbro has a bad habit of issuing re-dos as exclusives, thus the increase(Endor AT-AT comes to mind).

If it's already $150, I'm not paying more for a repaint later on down the road.

Maradona
01-24-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure why, but I get the suspicion that $150 price tag will not last. If it gets released at that price, I don't see it lasting permanently.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-24-2008, 08:40 PM
What does an AT-TE driver look like anyway? I know we have the Ep3 Gunner and the Driver could be very similar to that, but what did the Ep2 versions look like?
I don't think they have made a separate design yet, but I have no doubt that we'll see a repaint/retool when the ship comes out.

General_Grievous
02-15-2008, 04:36 PM
I found this and thought you guys might be interested.

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?itemid=10903&blogid=1

The AT-TE has a retail price of $99.99 (seems like a fair price to me) and has a release date of July 26 with all the other Clone Wars merchandise.

jedi master sal
02-15-2008, 05:43 PM
I found this and thought you guys might be interested.

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?itemid=10903&blogid=1

The AT-TE has a retail price of $99.99 (seems like a fair price to me) and has a release date of July 26 with all the other Clone Wars merchandise.

Yeah, this has been plastered everywhere in collecting forums.

I'm VERY pleased with the $99 price instead of the earlier rumored $150.

This is quite seriously the MOST anticipated toy for me in just about 6 years since I first saw it in AOTC. The Action Fleet and Titanium versions just wouldn't cut it. The first LEGO one was cool and I DID buy it because Hasbro wasn't putting one out. But FINALLY, it has arrived.

pegger
02-15-2008, 06:11 PM
This is quite seriously the MOST anticipated toy for me in just about 6 years since I first saw it in AOTC.

I do have to agree, this is easily the most anticipated thing I've seen in a while. I'm very excited about getting it.

Having said that - it better damn well be coming to Canada.

Tycho
02-15-2008, 08:47 PM
I wonder if this vehicle sells well if it will open up the door for the Turbo Tank, which is the next most logical large vehicle to do which fits the CW theme. (However, I really want Jabba's Sailbarge already!)

jedi master sal
02-15-2008, 11:01 PM
I wonder if this vehicle sells well if it will open up the door for the Turbo Tank, which is the next most logical large vehicle to do which fits the CW theme. (However, I really want Jabba's Sailbarge already!)

I agree Tycho. While I "NEED" a Turbo tank to flesh out my Kashyyyk diorama, Jabba's Sail Barge is FAR more important. Lots of action actually happens IN and ON the craft. No to mention near it with the Sarlaac pit and the skiffs. Besides it would give us yet another place to put Palace aliens. Though we may be prompted to get two of each of them now were Hasbro to ever to the Palace throne room itself...hear that Hasbro??

General_Grievous
02-16-2008, 12:06 AM
You guys (Tycho in particular) have said it before: if the Pirates of the Caribbean line can have a Black Pearl vehicle/playset, then the Star Wars line could concievably have a Sail Barge.

Battle Droid
02-16-2008, 05:01 PM
:D

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/1562/medium/Star_Wars_Vehicle_AT-TE.jpg

Tycho
02-16-2008, 05:05 PM
That is beautiful!!!

DarthBrandon
02-16-2008, 05:18 PM
If you check out the album, there's more detailed pics of the AT-TE. I hope when they release the Falcon it's just as good.:thumbsup:

bigbarada
02-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Wow, amazing!

Phantom-like Menace
02-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, we have pics! It looks better than I imagined, and I can't make myself care that the clones are animated. I didn't even notice until some of those people started crying about it.

jedi master sal
02-16-2008, 09:49 PM
This is a thing of beauty!

I kept saying I'll get one for sure, then 3. That's a lock and maybe those other two I thought about as well.

This is very close to scale. If you all recall I posted an at length post on the dimensions of this based on the glimpse we got from the CNN video clip. I'd say I was very close.

With lights AND sound (and that cool boarding ramp at the butt end) this is OVER THE TOP!

Great job by Hasbro!

Tycho
02-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Sal, I recommend you get prescription tranquilizers until you can buy this thing... well maybe keep some around for after that, too.

I think I'm going to need them as well!

SOUND EFFECTS too?! That is more than we ever asked for.

This is likely the best vehicle / toy that Hasbro has produced since they've restarted the license in 1995 (the OT stuff were recast off the 80's molds and the AT-TE blows the ARC-170, Republic Gunship, Royal Starship, everything else that they've done so far out of the water it isn't funny!)

Look at all the Clones this thing can carry! (I spoke to Steve on the phone before TF and suggested he take his own Clone figure with him for scale. I wonder if the lone trooper that's standing outside the vehicle is actually Steve's or if Hasbro was thoughtful enough to do that for us - because the clones on the inside of the AT-TE are sitting.)

I so can't wait to get this thing! Where are the tranquilizers?

jedi master sal
02-17-2008, 12:28 AM
They are NOT sitting in the back. Take a look again Tycho. Those ones are STANDING. And looking at the side posts coming off of the partitions between them, it appears you can fit 16 figures in the aft "hold." So that means the AT-TE WILL hold 20 clones.

16 aft hold (12 in between the pegs and four free standing from there-look at the pic for proof)
1 cockpit
1 cannon
2 forward hold (gunners)

Here is a pic of how the 20 clones will fit!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/clones_in_the_AT-TE2.jpg

this is a topside view to show the 20 locations-a red dot equals one clone
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/atte_topview-20clones.jpg

(JT, feel free to post this on the main page if you want to.)
-Sal

Jedi_Kal-El
02-17-2008, 12:31 AM
They are NOT sitting in the back. Take a look again Tycho. Those ones are STANDING. And looking at the side posts coming off of the partitions between them, it appears you can fit 16 figures in the aft "hold." So that means the AT-TE WILL hold 20 clones.

16 aft hold (12 in between the pegs and four free standing from there-look at the pic for proof)
1 cockpit
1 cannon
2 forward hold (gunners)

Here is a pic of how the 20 clones will fit!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/clones_in_the_AT-TE2.jpg

this is a topside view to show the 20 locations-a red dot equals one clone
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/atte_topview-20clones.jpg

(JT, feel free to post this on the main page if you want to.)
-Sal

I really gotta go out and buy more clones now.

JediTricks
02-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Actually, you're mistaken there, the rear hold is a different layout, the spots you labeled 18 and 14 will go between the rear gunner seats and the back stairs would close over where you labeled 19 and 20. There's no mid-body hold. And the forward cabin can hold 4 guys (http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2008/Hasbro/presentation/Slide10.JPG), you have it listed only for 2 gunners. Also, you've completely ignored the top gunner station.

So the front half holds 6 guys - 1 driver, 1 top gunner, and 4 interior gunners.

The rear holds 14 guys - 12 standing, and 2 rear gunners.

jedi master sal
02-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Actually, you're mistaken there, the rear hold is a different layout, the spots you labeled 18 and 14 will go between the rear gunner seats and the back stairs would close over where you labeled 19 and 20. There's no mid-body hold. And the forward cabin can hold 4 guys (http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2008/Hasbro/presentation/Slide10.JPG), you have it listed only for 2 gunners. Also, you've completely ignored the top gunner station.

So the front half holds 6 guys - 1 driver, 1 top gunner, and 4 interior gunners.

The rear holds 14 guys - 12 standing, and 2 rear gunners.

didn't forget the cannon gunner. Look at my post and pic again. It's there.

Hmm, wish I'd have seen this pic before though. I like that layout better.

JediTricks
02-17-2008, 01:11 AM
It's not on your artistic rendering with the red dots though.

jedi master sal
02-17-2008, 01:16 AM
It's not on your artistic rendering with the red dots though.

right gotcha, it's fixed
try these links now (Pic and illustration to show where all 20 clones can be placed in the toy):
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2230/2270897184_227af1b150.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2267/2270897188_097cc67b8e.jpg?v=0

-Sal

JediTricks
02-17-2008, 01:43 AM
There ya go. There sure is a lot of unused space in the middle, huh? That's kind of odd.

Phantom-like Menace
02-17-2008, 04:06 AM
I'm in love with a piece of plastic, and it has six legs, not six breasts!:love:

Battle Droid
02-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Check this out!:D

http://www.galactichunter.com/toy_fair_2008/AT-TE.mov

Tycho
02-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Holy smokes! Holy smokes! Holy smokes!

Geeze did Hasbro go all-out for this one or what?

I'm trying to decide what the troopers' voices say.

"Move out!" is clear.

The other saying seems to say "But he couldn't be." That makes no sense.

I must be hearing it wrong.

DarthBrandon
02-17-2008, 07:30 PM
One word to describe my feelings on this vehicle: Awesome

Hasbro has done an absolute awesome job on this toy, I can't be happier right now.:D The vid definately shows the quality put into this thing for sure.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I hope the Falcon is just as nice.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Now I'll have a place to put those AT-TE gunners. Definitely a fine looking and well executed item.

jedi master sal
02-17-2008, 08:09 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!
I think I made a mess in my pants!

That was freakin' outstanding!

I didn't know it had moving ELECTRONIC parts.

Holy friggin' S***.

This is WAY beyond what I had hoped for.

Okay if someone complains about this toy, send them my way and I beat the hell..er, beat some sense into, er, tell them they are wrong.

Really, any shortcomings one perceives of this toy should be overlooked.

For our hard earned money, this toy is TOTALLY worth FULL RETAIL PRICE!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-17-2008, 08:15 PM
I had to grab a towel to clean the drool off my desk! Oh MAN, I can not WAIT for this thing to get here!

HEEEEEELLLLLLLS YEEEEEEESSSS!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kidhuman
02-17-2008, 08:31 PM
It looks like crap. WTF it moes? They could have saved us 20 bucks by not putting electronics on it. I cant get it now, its too damn stupid looking.

Kidhuman
02-17-2008, 08:31 PM
It looks like crap. WTF it moes? They could have saved us 20 bucks by not putting electronics on it. I cant get it now, its too damn stupid looking.

You do know I was kidding right?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-17-2008, 08:35 PM
You do know I was kidding right?

Yeah, we know. I want you to know though I'm doing my best to hold Sal back right now. :silly:

General_Grievous
02-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Damn, that's impressive. If I still collected vehicles, I'd be all over it. Maybe someday when I have more room for it, I'll eventually get it.

DarthBrandon
02-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah, we know. I want you to know though I'm doing my best to hold Sal back right now. :silly:

meh. let him through, Kidhuman needs a good beating now & then.:D

JON9000
02-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Before you guys go buying 10 of these, you know they are going to be a hit, and you know they are going to be 5 different colors eventually!

This toy is a great idea. Any kid who gets one is gonna want to fill it with clones. And since there are still a ton of clones on the shelf, this will clean them out nicely come xmas.

I'm on the fence about this one... I pretty much swore off prequel toys. But it is pretty darn sweet.

Phantom-like Menace
02-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Okay if someone complains about this toy, send them my way and I beat the hell..er, beat some sense into, er, tell them they are wrong.

Really, any shortcomings one perceives of this toy should be overlooked.

I'm in complete agreement. Any complaints about this thing simply show that some people will complain about anything. This is the best toy Hasbro has put out since some of the old eighties G.I. Joe playsets!

Tycho
02-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Dude! I don't know how many times I'll need to post this: "but this is the greatest Star Wars toy we have seen ever!"

I'm actually surprised that something like this wasn't done during a movie year.

The closest might've been The Naboo Royal Starship for E1. It was electronic and had some action features that were even laser-tag controlled. But it was not an attack vehicle and the entire front end of it was EU with the little escape ship thing in the nose.

Other big vehicles were the ARC-170 and Republic Gunship, but they do not compare to THIS!

The Falcon and AT-AT had some electronics and sounds, so they can take some credit, but they were created for 1978 and 1981, respectively. The shuttle that Hasbro re-released from ROTJ was stripped down from having any electronics.

Just the AT-AT had moving parts (the chin guns) but the AT-TE goes well beyond that with an electronically deploying troop debarkation ramp.

I don't know what Hasbro can do for any future large vehicle to top this!

General_Grievous
02-17-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm actually surprised that something like this wasn't done during a movie year.
Well, technically, it was...if you want to count the "Clone Wars" movie.

I don't know what Hasbro can do for any future large vehicle to top this!
Dude, you know they won't ever be able to top this.

Kidhuman
02-17-2008, 10:05 PM
The only thing that can close to topping this is Jabbas Sail Barge. The sheer fact that they would announce they are doing it would put it right up there(if that day ever comes)

jedi master sal
02-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Maybe the Turbo Tank as well. But the Sail Barge would have MUCH more play value I would think.

Oh and thankfully I've known KH long enough to know he was kidding, but there was that 2/10 of a second that I did wonder if he was kidding...

PloKoon_08
02-17-2008, 11:13 PM
We've all begged and pleaded for an AT-TE, so I hope that we all buy one, that way maybe hasbro will be quicker to release a Turbo Tank, and/or a Sail Barge. (Or maybe... just maybe... a redo of the sith infiltraitor, so it's not a crappy $20 price point oversized Jedi starfighter piece of garbage! :upset:, but I digress).

Val Da Car
02-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Maybe the Turbo Tank as well. But the Sail Barge would have MUCH more play value I would think.

Oh and thankfully I've known KH long enough to know he was kidding, but there was that 2/10 of a second that I did wonder if he was kidding...

Sal,

After seeing the pics & footage are you still really going to get 5 of them?

I am deciding on space and considering retiring the Hoth Scene to make room for the AT TE (2 likely for me) and related items.

VDC

jedi master sal
02-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Sal,

After seeing the pics & footage are you still really going to get 5 of them?

I am deciding on space and considering retiring the Hoth Scene to make room for the AT TE (2 likely for me) and related items.

VDC

Three for sure!
The other two I will hold off on. If they clearance then I'll try to pick them up for that, though I don't expect them to. If they fly off the shelves and are hard to track down, then yes, I'll get the other 2.

I don't see myself buying variant paint scheme versions of this vehicle, so I won't wait for that to buy the other two.

Slicker
02-18-2008, 01:15 AM
This thing definitely does look great but now I'm worried. I know exactly how fans are and now they'll say "well, if they made the AT-TE why the f*** can't they make this other vehicle". It's just how things are. The AT-TE being more than what everyone expected is both a blessing and a curse.

Unfortunately it won't be long before this very site has threads like that...