PDA

View Full Version : Song of the Day for you

Bel-Cam Jos
10-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Lives change, people change, hairstyles change (one SSG credit for the first to name that reference! :D ), and so do the songs that fit our lives. What song best encapsulates [sp?] your experiences and stuff for that particular day? One per day per customer, please.

With the fires in CA raging outta control, I thought the Eurythmics' "Here Comes the Rain Again" [or Phil Collins' "I Wish It Would Rain Now" ... can't decide] would be helpful.

TeeEye7
10-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Wendy by the Association would be entirely inappropriate these days :hurt:

El Chuxter
10-23-2007, 01:12 PM
"The Tiki Bar Is Open" by John Hiatt.

No particular reason why.

stillakid
10-23-2007, 01:47 PM
"It's a Sunshine Day" by The Brady Bunch.

jjreason
10-23-2007, 06:22 PM
[rockin']Whatever the 2nd track is called on the "Beyond" album by Dinosaur Jr. will do fine for today. [/rockin']

Bel-Cam Jos
09-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I've had En Vogue's "Free Your Mind" running through my head the last few days.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Wendy by the Association would be entirely inappropriate these days :hurt:I believe the song was called "Windy", unless you mean "Wendy" by The Beach Boys.

crazzycat
09-16-2009, 07:07 AM
De Phazz - Waste of Words

Bel-Cam Jos
09-16-2009, 07:09 PM
When I play a song for the students to analyze, it sticks with me, especially playing it multiple times that day, so the most recent one is now "Rain on the Scarecrow" by JC-JCM-JM.

p.s. No one's guessed my reference in almost 2 years? :pleased: (but the reward for the SSG credit, whatever the heck that is, has expired :()

Blue2th
09-16-2009, 08:48 PM
When I play a song for the students to analyze, it sticks with me, especially playing it multiple times that day, so the most recent one is now "Rain on the Scarecrow" by JC-JCM-JM.

Great song. Lots of meaning (for farmers) You teach Civics, History, English, Philosophy?

"She's come undone" by The Guess Who has been in my head lately, remembering a girlfriend in my college days who went crazy.

I'll bet that person who started those fires is thinking of "Firestarter" by Prodigy.

dr_evazan22
09-16-2009, 10:26 PM
I just mentioned it the other day in the '70's or '80's thread. Kiss' "I was made for loving you," came on my ipod today.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Great song. Lots of meaning (for farmers) You teach Civics, History, English, Philosophy?Yes, yes I do. :rolleyes: The door says "English," but like those old Reese's Peanut Butter Cups commercials, the students get a little history, art, science, business, etc. mixed in with their language arts. We're a couple chapters from finishing The Grapes of Wrath,, so there's the "ROTS" connection (and I noticed the Revenge of the Sith/Rain on the Scarecrow similarity when I put the acronym on the board that day).

Blue2th
09-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Yes, yes I do. :rolleyes: The door says "English," but like those old Reese's Peanut Butter Cups commercials, the students get a little history, art, science, business, etc. mixed in with their language arts. We're a couple chapters from finishing The Grapes of Wrath,, so there's the "ROTS" connection (and I noticed the Revenge of the Sith/Rain on the Scarecrow similarity when I put the acronym on the board that day).

That's what's cool about English. It can also include literature and a great many other things.
I aced English in HS. The teach liked me though.
He really enjoyed it when we all got an assignment to do a speech subject up in front of the class, and I chose "Purgatory." What it's definition was, how it originated. I caused a controversy in class with some Catholic students when I said you basically have to pay your way out of it to get to heaven. I could see the teacher over there smiling. He liked controversy, but he simply hated Elvis. I never brought him up.

Song of the day, well yesterday I was singing it to my sister:

Georgia Satellites: "Battleship Chains"
"You got me tied down with battleship chains, fifty foot long and a two ton anchor"

Bel-Cam Jos
10-22-2009, 07:33 PM
I have no idea why, but for most of this week, I've had "Blue Bayou" stuck in my head. "And those fishin' boats..." :upset:

indyjones1981
10-22-2009, 08:14 PM
I have no idea why, but for most of this week, I've had "Blue Bayou" stuck in my head. "And those fishin' boats..." :upset:

Bel Cam which version of Blue Bayou? Roy Orbison or George Lucas old flame Linda Rondstadt?

Bel-Cam Jos
10-23-2009, 08:30 AM
That would be the chick. ;) Maybe it's the semi-SW connection, then.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Wow, almost three years to the day since a post in this thread.

I've had "Moves Like Jagger" in my head, but that's from reading the "Baldo" comic strip, where the little girl butchers any song she tries to sing. :eek:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Lately, the Scorpions' "Winds of Change" has been whistlin' through the airways.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-20-2014, 01:29 AM
From the wow-haven't-heard-this-in-ages department: "Sidewalk Talk" by Jelly Bean (with backup by Madonna).