PDA

View Full Version : wow the AOTC toys are really cool

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 02:27 PM
i just saw the toy fear pics THEY KICK i can not wait till they come out!!!!!

what do you think about them ???

mark2d2
02-10-2002, 02:46 PM
So far I'm very impressed.

My only complaint is the playset. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing. I only wish they'd do one that I REALLY want like a classic scene -- the Cantina or the Death Star -- on such a grand scale. Seriously, a Death Star of this quality would SERIOUSLY rock .

Jargo
02-10-2002, 03:12 PM
Oh, hasbro will just spin the usual line as far as playsets go - testing the water on the big stuff, see how it does at retail, see how the orders tally with the quantity produced.......

Why does it put me in mind of castle greysull....? "I HAVE THE POWEEEER!!!"

I've seen some nice pics atthe other sites. the attack gunship rocks! So far on the figures, only Orn Free Taa has made me sit up and go "I want that figure!" maybe because so far he's the only one that doesn't have a stupid action pose. Apart from R3-T7 that is. The clonetrooper commander looks like cheap knock off and no-one can deny that withe horrible paint job. Geonosian looks ok. But why in gods name do they all come with electro-force-lightning-shock-blue-clip on the weird attachment stuff? Action Jar Jar? Pop up Yoda?

Dooku looks half decent. Coruscant guard or royal guard looks ok but not brilliant, again with the electro shock staff attachments. 3PO looks just as bad as I thought he would. Mace looks really cool and like I'd like to see him in battle. I'm ok about a fighting Mace because we have two static ones already but where's his mutton chop sideburns? In the vanity fair pics he has big sideburns. Hope we get those on him.

Nice new rebel trooper with head variant. Not too impressed with same old same old Han Endor but at least it's better than the POTF version exept for missing his trenchcoat of course. Chewbacca looks so-so and very top heavy. Little short legs don't look right. Love the 3PO accessory though.

guess there's more to come but I'm still not very impressed. There's about three that i would plunk my money down for and that's all i probably will. The vehicles are impressive though. the attack gunship looks to be loads of fun and reasonably large. the coruscant speeders aren't as brightly coloured as the first pics showed and look great. The jedi starfighter has a great paint finish and if you ignore the wing feature will look great alongside the Slave-1 which has the best paint job ever. truly a marvellous looking ship.

But that playset really stinks. PEEUSA!

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 03:13 PM
will i think the wole thing is cool man i'm gona speed alot of monney on the toys.

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 03:20 PM
PS at Trade Federation.net they got a pic of dooku, in a brown cape, and Mace with a new pose is that gona be Released or is that a fan made thing cuase it kinda looks fan made.

Jargo
02-10-2002, 03:27 PM
U-huh, yeah, like, dude... can you like y'know dude, like change the title of this thread like to somethin' other than like, what it is now like - dude.... otherwise, like this whole like thread gonna get deleted - dude......

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 03:38 PM
excuase me if you don't mind me asking but why do you want me to change the title of it ?

derek
02-10-2002, 03:40 PM
these are looking a lot better

Jargo
02-10-2002, 04:39 PM
The thread title contains (as does your initial post) a word that is deemed by the regulatory bodies of internet use and suppy to be offensive. The fact that the auto censor blanks out that particular word should be enough to say don't use it. if you do use it then your post could be deleted, edited or the entire thread could be closed.
I would advise against using the 'a' word. If I had moderator powers in this section I would have just edited it out myself.
SSG would be grateful if you could do it yourself.
Thanks for your co-operation.

EMPEROR JARGO

PloKoon2385
02-10-2002, 06:18 PM
I will never doubt Hasbro again (or atleast for today.) They truly came through. I have nothing bad to say about what I have seen. Very nice figs and the best thing is......they are released on my birthday! YAY! I am in shock, but I had hopes for Hasbro. I am glad to see that they did something right. Very well done! Bravo!:D

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 06:33 PM
I'm sorry for the troble Mr Jango.

but i told you how meny times that the attack of the clone toys where gona cool.

PloKoon2385
02-10-2002, 06:40 PM
Sad. I tried to see more at Yakface and at rebelscum and they are so full I couldn't see 'em. Sniff sniff. I am going to cry. Can anyone post any of them so I can see. Sniff sniff...:cry: :cry: :cry:

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 06:52 PM
i had seen most of them up to Count Dooku with the brown cape :(

Paul-Kenobi
02-10-2002, 06:55 PM
PS Tredefederation photos of the toy far are back Plo

GNT
02-10-2002, 11:25 PM
From what I've seen they are pretty impressive,Palpatine and the Geonosian are pretty good looking and the Nexu,what a freaky beast!

Lord Malakite
02-10-2002, 11:33 PM
i had seen most of them up to Count Dooku with the brown cape

Maybe thats how we are suppose to distinguish the two identities. He's Count Dooku while wearing the brown cape and Darth Tyranus when wearing the black cape.

PloKoon2385
02-10-2002, 11:36 PM
Thanks, but I found them at rebelscum. I really like Luminara Unduli. She is EXTREMELY detailed. I don't know she just is really cool. I also like Dooku, Saesee Tiin (HUGE improvement), Plo Koon (and I thought that the current one is perfect), and also the new Zam Wessel. I also liked the Nikto Jedi. I think these are shaping up to be wonderful!:D

Wolfwood319
02-11-2002, 10:19 AM
Since there are about 2 dozen threads pertaining to the newly released images, I decided to post this in this particular thread only by chance.

The new Slave 1; although it looks bigger than the old mold, I don't think its bigger, just different. If you look at the pic with all the boxes, the box for the new Slave 1 is no bigger than the box the old one came in. Also, there is the pic of Jango in the pilot seat, and comparatively its the same exact scale if you put Boba in the old mold.

Has anyone seen a pic of a figure standing next to the ship, or some other comparison for accuracy of how big it is?

c7791
02-11-2002, 11:00 AM
haven't been this excited about figures in years, incredible to think how far hasbro has come in three years. Makes you wonder how advanced figures for the next movie will be!