PDA

View Full Version : Aliens in Pilot uniforms

stillakid
10-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Surely it wasn't only humans who were pilots in the galaxy. I know we've seen some aliens dressed up in Rebel pilot orange, but what about some aliens in Stormrooper-like armor. This is waaaay in the realm of Expanded Universe that may not even exist (I don't know, I don't read it), but it would give your designers free reign to redesign some really cool armor that is customized for different alien heads and bodies.

For instance, what would a Hammerhead Stormtrooper look like? Or what about a turncoat Mon Calamari? Or a Greedo guy? Or a Twilek with those funky tentacles coming out of a cool Stormtrooper helmet?

Seriously. With no movies coming ever and a questionable television future (face it, Star Wars has NEVER worked on television except for the animated Clone Wars), you need to revitalize EXCITEMENT! into Star Wars action figure collecting. What better way to do it than to reinvent the way we see the Empire with all new customized Alien Stormtroopers.

Thanks and I can't wait to see them on a peg near me.

:yes:

jedi master sal
10-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Dear Hasbro,

Surely it wasn't only humans who were pilots in the galaxy. I know we've seen some aliens dressed up in Rebel pilot orange, but what about some aliens in Stormrooper-like armor. This is waaaay in the realm of Expanded Universe that may not even exist (I don't know, I don't read it), but it would give your designers free reign to redesign some really cool armor that is customized for different alien heads and bodies.

For instance, what would a Hammerhead Stormtrooper look like? Or what about a turncoat Mon Calamari? Or a Greedo guy? Or a Twilek with those funky tentacles coming out of a cool Stormtrooper helmet?

Seriously. With no movies coming ever and a questionable television future (face it, Star Wars has NEVER worked on television except for the animated Clone Wars), you need to revitalize EXCITEMENT! into Star Wars action figure collecting. What better way to do it than to reinvent the way we see the Empire with all new customized Alien Stormtroopers.

Thanks and I can't wait to see them on a peg near me.

:yes:

SK, what you're describing is a lot like the comic book series "Alien Legion." I thought this was a fantastic series back when. Their armor even has some slight similarities to stormtrooper armor and would work for this purpose.

Check this out to get a better understanding:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Legion
or better yet this one for pictures:
http://www.foot-sloggers.com/home.html

I like this idea of yours and would welcome it from Hasbro. We need Alien troops. Be they as troopers from their homeworld or as part of the Imperial Stormtrooper ranks.

-Sal

El Chuxter
10-24-2007, 12:20 PM
If they're going to make up their own EU anyway, this sounds a hell of a lot cooler than Darryl DePriest in Mandalorean Armor.

stillakid
10-24-2007, 12:24 PM
The original concept for who was under that Stormtrooper armor (as I understood it) was that the Imperial forces were comprised mostly of "volunteers" who were volunteered by the existing army of the Republic which maintained loyalty to Palpatine when he exercised the coup. An army of conscripted soldiers wouldn't be the most effective on an individual basis, but sheer numbers of even the most uninspired soldiers could overwhelm any minor resistance force out there.

Seeing what we see on screen, we can surmise that Palpatine may have held a prejudice against any non-human so it only stands to reason that there really were no aliens in the Imperial forces at any level. Vader bringing alien bounty hunters on board his ship is the first sign of anything remotely alien in contact with the Imperials. All of the Stormtroopers are different sizes (height, weight) so we can also assume that they are human and are definitely NOT clones as the Prequels reimagined it to be.

Ignoring the Prequels (as any rational fan would :D ), it would be interesting to reimagine an Empire where some alien worlds would side with Palpatine and would willingly sign on for duty as soldiers and officers. From an action-figure standpoint, snapping on a Hammerhead head to a Piett body could make for an interesting time. Of course it isn't that easy due to different body shapes and other appendages, but that's where the real fun comes in...trying to envision what a fully armored Hammerhead Stormtrooper might look like. Or a Twiilek or a Mon Calamari.

I mean, George peed on his own continuity so all is fair. :yes:

Kidhuman
10-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Isnt there a comic two pack coming out next year with 2 aliens in Stormtrooper garb?

jedi master sal
10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Isnt there a comic two pack coming out next year with 2 aliens in Stormtrooper garb?

The comic pack is of a human and a duro dressed as Stormtroopers.

I think SK is thinking beyond that. There are plenty of aliens I'd like to see get the armor treatment. Among these being:
Abyssin
Aqualish
Bith-Big ol' noggin of a helmet!
Bothan-at least we'd finally get one...
Falleen
Gamorrean-imagine this race in trooper armor!
Givin
Gotal-two coned helmet.
Gran-this would be one funky looking helmet too.
Ishi Tib-as wold this one
Klatooinian
Mon Calamari
Nikto-these guys would look cool in armor, imo
Quarren
Rodian
Sullustan
Twi'lek-I'd like to see what they'd do with the "Lekku" (head tails) as well.
Weequay

El Chuxter
10-24-2007, 03:18 PM
They could do comic packs of Twi'lek, Gran, Gamorrean, and Mon Cal Rogue Squadron pilots.

jedi master sal
10-24-2007, 05:05 PM
They could do comic packs of Twi'lek, Gran, Gamorrean, and Mon Cal Rogue Squadron pilots.

I'd be up for these as well since they have been in novels at least. Well at least the Gam and Mon Cal. Don't know about the other two off hand, but they would look cool as RebPilots.

El Chuxter
10-24-2007, 05:08 PM
All of them have been represented in the Rogue Squadron comic at one point or another.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/a/a0/RogueSquadronPilots.jpg

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ooryl_Qrygg

Jayspawn
10-24-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm gonna have my regular Stormtroopers kill the alien Stormies as spies!!! HAHAHA!