PDA

View Full Version : Wave 7 Being Reported as Released Now

Tycho
10-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Well, there are Tycho figures possibly arriving at stores near you! :crazed:

You might need to take medication to help you out with this.

Meanwhile, the wave also includes the McQuarrie Han Solo that looks like Ewan's E2 Obi-Wan wearing Ulic Qel Droma's body armor, several Ewoks that look like my cat's hairballs, R2 in a cargo net (Banana Republic Edition), and the Ghost of Hayden which symbolizes his Post-ROTS acting career. I also think there's a blue Jell-O mold of Darth Vader as voiced by Bill Cosby.

Old Fossil
10-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Feeling literary today, Tycho?:smoker:

Sinscia Fat'o
10-30-2007, 02:29 PM
They need to slow down i've only found Lando in smuggler's gear from the last wave!!!

Battle Droid
10-30-2007, 03:24 PM
*Sigh* .

Phantom-like Menace
11-01-2007, 03:03 PM
I am the proud owner of a Tycho figure. I can't believe I found it, because I never find figures this early in the game. I also found my first Dark Trooper at the same time, so pretty awesome haul even before I include the Titanium Viper Mk7 I found for a friend.

He doesn't appear to come with a weapon, which is odd, but If I display him, I may have to give him a mousedroid to hold up to his nose.

El Chuxter
11-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Well, I found the damn McVader last night, so I'm only two McFigures behind now, if Wave 7 is indeed out there.

Sigh. This McScarcity business is for the birds.

But I would pay good money to see the entire Saga with Bill Cosby overdubbing Vader's lines. Especially if Chris Tucker voiced Boba Fett and the Clonetroopers, and Isaac Hayes digitally replaced Ian McDiarmid.

Tycho
11-01-2007, 08:10 PM
He doesn't appear to come with a weapon, which is odd, but If I display him, I may have to give him a mousedroid to hold up to his nose.

LOL! You're too kind.

But I would pay good money to see the entire Saga with Bill Cosby overdubbing Vader's lines. Especially if Chris Tucker voiced Boba Fett and the Clonetroopers, and Isaac Hayes digitally replaced Ian McDiarmid.

That was too funny! I was just imagining Chris Tucker after you posted that.

jamesbondo07
11-04-2007, 03:50 PM
I found most of Wave 7 at Wal-Mart today. Everything except the Mcquarrie Han Solo.

Kidhuman
11-05-2007, 06:09 AM
I saw this entire wave and got only the McSolo oer the weekend.

DarkArtist
11-05-2007, 08:41 AM
jeez, i'm still looking for some of Wave 5. still need McLeia, Raven, and Greivous

bigbarada
11-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Found all of wave 7 today, with the exception of McSolo. They also had a few cases of waves 5 and 6 on the pegs. Plus a couple Saga Legends waves.

It's either a drought or a flood.:upset:

I picked up Tycho, the Ewoks, R2 w/Net, McChewie (finally!), McSnowtrooper X2 (one for my brother), and a Torture Rack Han and McVader for my brother.

I thought about picking up the Ghost Hayden, but that figure is a turd no matter how you look at it.

Val Da Car
11-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Found Wave 7 R2 at one Target.

At a second Target saw all of them. Tycho looks cool

Tycho
11-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Tycho looks cool

Why thank you.

Val Da Car
11-07-2007, 10:56 AM
So, Do I have to ask permission to Kit Bash you onto an X Wing Pilot's body?

Tycho
11-07-2007, 11:14 AM
So, Do I have to ask permission to Kit Bash you onto an X Wing Pilot's body?

Permission granted and the process is actually encouraged. You wonder if Hasbro is going to do it themselves though, in some kind of Rogue Squadron multi-pack:

Luke? You never know. It's an excuse to put in a ready-made figure.
Wedge - they release him in every way but a single-store-carded-figure.
Tycho - sure. They have the head.
Hobbie - the sculpts done even if the helmet is wrong (should be blue crescents)

Then they could make Janson, and put him out with the multi-pack initially, so people chase the set. Then re-issue him and Hobbie "Hoth style" from ESB with kitbashed parts, maybe even from 1996 Luke.:rolleyes:

Corran Horn, Gavin Darklighter, amongst others could continue the use of the VOTC or Dutch Vandor X-wing body sculpt.

They could make a female version for Jaina Solo and also do Plourr and several of the novels' female pilots, too. At a 3 3/4" scale size, a Padme or Leia head might even be used for Jaina Solo since it'd make sense that she'd look like her grandmother or mother.

The alien pilots might be another matter as they'd require sculpt adjustments on the head, removeable helmet, the hands/arms possibly, and possibly the legs:

Gand
Twi'lek
Rodian
Quarren
(female) Mon Calamari
Sollustan
Rodian
Wookiee (Lowbacca possibly?)

and so forth.

MASTERKESSLER
11-08-2007, 02:04 AM
Found all of this wave at target earlier this evening. An employee pulled them from the back for me. Tycho is great possible the best of this wave. The ewoks are also great. Those are the only two that I have opened so far. I will have to cancel my one of every figure from Brian's Toys. I also found found R4-I9, McSnowie and Darktrooper @ Kohls. Kohls had the rest of the droids but I already have them. I also was talking to a guy in the toy dept at WM and he said that Target had the new battle packs, I later found out that he is a scalper, and he probably took them all. They where the Bespin and hunt for Grievous.

jedibear
11-08-2007, 07:44 PM
finally snagged a McSnowtrooper from wave 6 today...and already wave 7 is on it's heels! Kudos to those that are mentioning where they find it in their posts! Much appreciated...

Now to remind me.... wave 7 is:

Tycho, Ewok2Pack, R2/Cargo Net, YoungGhostAni, McSolo...

Is that it for this wave?

Kidhuman
11-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Yes, just the 5 figures for this wave.

Tycho
11-08-2007, 08:21 PM
No, there's also "blue Jell-O" Darth Vader as far as I know.

Kidhuman
11-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Tat Holo Vader is wave 7.5, the one that replaced TFU for this year. He is along with the Battlefront figure and a few others.

Luuuuuuke
11-09-2007, 09:15 PM
I got the only wave 7 figures I wanted today at TRU in L.A.'s San Gabriel Valley: McSolo, Tycho, and Ewok.

AmanaMatt
11-17-2007, 10:05 PM
I was able to score one of each of these figs in Wave 7. Passed on R2 - I do not need another one with a shiny chrome dome!

Anyway, as long as they keep making Ewoks that looks this cool - this is now three for three that Hasbro has nailed the Ewoks!

Tycho is just a fantastic fig.
Concept Han = very cool.
Spirit Anakin - an ok carded fig - no interest in this one loose

I hope Hasbro does a Bwing Pilot fig now that we have gotten the Awing one!

Tycho
11-24-2007, 12:12 PM
I just got these today including my first Tycho figure.

There were 3 collectors at TRU this morning including myself - NO ONE bought the Ghost of Hayden Christensen figure! It did not impress.

I got 2 McSolos, 2 Ewoks (out of 3 I want), and 1 Tycho.

I wished Tycho had his gun and though I haven't opened them yet, I don't think either Ewok can hold their arrows in a quiver. You'd have thought that would be simple enough? But otherwise, they are very nice figures. The McSolo figure is equally good, but how come it looks more like Ewan McGreggor than any AOTC Obi-Wan figure ever did?

DarkArtist
11-26-2007, 01:31 PM
stopped by my local walmart this morning to find that they just unpacked a case of Wave 7 figures and another Wave 4 legends case. picked up all of Wave 7, 2 Tychos, 2 McHan's, 1 Ewoks, 1 Spirit of Annie (looks like Martha Stewart to me), and the Endor R2.

I curious to see if the capture net packaged with Artoo is large enough to hold, Luke, Han, Chewie, R2 and Threepio.

Tycho
11-26-2007, 01:51 PM
If you put the capture net from R2 on the Spirit of Hayden figure, couldn't you recreate the Surrender of Martha Stewart scene?

decadentdave
11-30-2007, 04:52 AM
Just got the Spirit Annie... is this figure gay or what? He looks like a cross between Tinklebell and the glitter dressed Metrons from Star Trek AND he comes with a friggin LIGHTSABER!?!?!? What the hell!?!?!? He's a fricking GHOST!!!

First George robs us of Han shooting first then he snubs Sebastian Shaw from his redemption. That ain't right! If the 2005 DVD's hadn't come out we'd be getting an all new OLD Spirit Anakin, NOT Spirit of Annie!

jjreason
11-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Tycho - do yourself a favor and either get a wave 7 R2 or be around when someone else opens one.

The odor coming off the plastic net is mind-numbingly strong - so strong, in fact I think it might even cause temporary blindness and hearing loss. :shocked:

decadentdave
12-01-2007, 02:20 AM
R2 with cargo net is just a repainted R2 with pop-up sensorscope. What I don't understand is why they didn't include the opening panel with cutting tool arm. What the heck are we supposed to do with the cargo net anyway?

Sinscia Fat'o
12-01-2007, 04:35 PM
We got three cases of this wave in at Princeton WAl-Mart...though by the time i got there...which is 5:30 in the morning...all the Concept Han Solo figures were gone...*Silently grumbling* Though the rest of the wave isn't bad, the R2 is a little Blah, but the rest of the wave is really nice, i like Tycho and the Ewoks, and i hate ewoks.

Also found the Green AOTC Clone Trooper, and R4-I9 Which i'm starting to see alot of TC-14 and RA-7 on the shelves, from the legends line.

jamesbondo07
12-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I completed Wave 7 today. I got one more package of Ewoks and I finally found McSolo. The McSolo is a really good figure. I think they done a very good job with detailing this Mcfigure.

Tycho
12-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Tycho - do yourself a favor and either get a wave 7 R2 or be around when someone else opens one.

The odor coming off the plastic net is mind-numbingly strong - so strong, in fact I think it might even cause temporary blindness and hearing loss. :shocked:

Oh wow. I may have to revive the old Mouse Droid Sniffing thread and post your recommendation, giving you full credit of course!

I didn't have plans to buy this R2. It's interesting that it's the accessory that smells. You wouldn't figure. I didn't look at him when I encountered him in the store and just assumed it was the same thread net that the 1983 Ewok Village Playset contained - or something similar.

I wonder how you'd sniff this? Wrap the whole net over your face? Or maybe roll the cargo net up so that it can be inserted directly in a nostril...

Do you have any thoughts about this?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-21-2007, 11:05 PM
I finally got a message from EE saying that wave 6 & 7 are on the way, so I shall be able to enjoy them by the New Year I hope.

Battle Droid
12-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Found R2-D2 today, that's all I seen of this wave so far.

General_Grievous
12-23-2007, 04:08 PM
I think out of all of the 2007 waves, this one was the scarcest. Heck, I only saw Wave 7 once, at Target, and picked up the ones I wanted (Tycho, the Ewoks, and Spirit of Hayden. I would have got R2 if they had used the R4 sculpt, but I guess Hasbro doesn't want more of my money). Never saw them again, as opposed to Wave 8, which is now in abundance here.