PDA

View Full Version : Most over-rated figure.

evenflow
08-23-2001, 09:09 AM
I have to say it is TC-14. People went wild over this figure. It was well done, but I just don't getit.

JEDIpartner
08-23-2001, 10:44 AM
My vote goes to Swimming Jar-Jar. Yeah... the added articulation was kinda nice, but it's still Jar-Jar Binks! I didn't see a vast improvement over the first Jar-Jar that was put on the pegs. Oh, well... maybe it was just all about that stupid fish!

Mandalorian Candidat
08-23-2001, 12:40 PM
Darth Maul Tatooine. I just don't get him. You really can't do much with him because of that huge cape he wears. I remember hanging out at a TRU for two hours with two other collectors just so we could get our hands on one. Once I had it opened I wish I had just waited.

IMO TC-14 rocks. Just about any droids short of the pit droids are kickin'. The CT voice sounded good and the sculpt was great as far as protocol droids go.

I think the reason why Jar Jar Naboo was so big was that it was shortpacked and all us completionists wanted it. Granted, it's not that great but I like it better than the OG.

JediTricks
08-24-2001, 10:24 AM
Sith Lord Darth Maul - this thing is a friggin' statue, what good is shoulder articulation when your arms are designed for ONE POSE?!? This figure doesn't impress em.

R2-B1 - man, is this figure a huge step back. No ankle articulation, no middle leg, chrome-plated dome, yucko! When we're getting awesome figures like R2-R9 (Royal Starship Red Astromech), why are we seeing figures like this afterwards?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-24-2001, 04:49 PM
I'd go with Naboo Anakin. Only because the hype over his being hard to find for a while, for a Bobby Hill figure with walkie talkie.

humsup
08-25-2001, 11:20 AM
I would vote for the Swamp Jar Jar. No matter under what instances this clown was packaged with, its still Jar Jar. Thumps down for me.

Theres another, Eopie and Qui-Gon. Its Just Qui-Gon and a beast and have never heard anybody so wild about a Qui-Gon before and just because this set is rare or rather oversea's exclusives ..... IMO, its overated.

ki-adi mundi's bro
08-29-2001, 09:11 PM
darth sidious...no real movemt besides the arms...but i do like the hologram's value...

Lobito
09-14-2001, 01:51 PM
Yes, i think TC-14 take the cake here, he's just a repaint!!

GNT
09-15-2001, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by humsup
Theres another, Eopie and Qui-Gon. Its Just Qui-Gon and a beast and have never heard anybody so wild about a Qui-Gon before and just because this set is rare or rather oversea's exclusives ..... IMO, its overated.

If its rare or hard to get its always over rated until its not!!!

evenflow
09-16-2001, 09:24 AM
The beast, the eopie, is cool though. Something different.

JEDIpartner
09-17-2001, 11:49 AM
Actually Lobito-

TC-14 is a new sculpt... this mould was reused for K-3P0. There are vast differences between this sculpt and the other C-3P0 figures.

Take note in the head sculpt and the arms.

JediTricks
09-18-2001, 10:25 AM
I believe TC-14 is a resculpt of MMC C-3PO.

sith_killer_99
10-08-2001, 08:49 AM
My vote goes to Fishy Jar-Jar (AKA Naboo Swamp)!

I absolutly REFUSED to pay $20.00+ for another STUPID Jar-Jar figure.

I did find him at TRU (5 months ago) for $1.97...I bought 2 (1 MOMC and 1 SERIOUSLY damaged card noone seemed to want).....I got ripped off!