PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have wireless music in their house/apartment?

Exhaust Port
10-30-2007, 04:21 PM
I moved to the world of digital music a few years ago and just love it. I'm still a CD purchaser but I really like having my collection in front of me just a click away at all times while I sit at the computer. The only downside is the room with the computer is the only room with access to the music collection.

I've poked around on the internet and found a few different gadgets that let you connect a conventional stereo to a digital music library through a wi-fi doodad. I have wi-fi in the house (even though I don't have any use for it) so that end of the equation is taken care of.

Most of what I've seen would require me to buy one of the wi-fi music interfaces for a stereo which then "talks" to your computer somewhere in your house. The only down side is that it requires your computer to be on in order to listen to music. More adventuresome folks buy a stand alone server type thing (NAS I believe) which is basically a standalone harddrive to store the music (ie no computer needed).

My question is has anyone here have any experience with digital music in their house or have any other ideas?

Rocketboy
10-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Just turn the volume up real loud.

Exhaust Port
10-30-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm too old for that. :)