PDA

View Full Version : Lars homestead with Eopie.... please

StbrianofMinneapolis
10-31-2007, 02:53 AM
This may sound nuts, but Ive been wanting an Eopie for years and I might have dreamed up a feasable rerelease.

It could be a $20 ship line release featuring a cheap version of the main domed part of the Lars' house plus a bunch of moisture evaporators and the Eopie that Obi wan arrives on to deliver Luke, maybe a womprat too.

What do you guys think?

The lars house would at least be cool for your Purchase of the droids scene in front of your Sandcrawler.

jedi master sal
10-31-2007, 10:40 AM
Ok, if we're talking scene pack then it could include:
ROTS Owen
ROTS Beru
ROTS Obi (with Luke baby)
Eopie
1 Moisture Vaporator

Beyond this maybe those little vacuum cleaner type droids. The entrance building would be cool, however since you walk down into it, I don't see them making this. Ok, the top part of building could be done, but would that be enough to satiate everyone?

This would be a good set though, IMO.

This way we would finally get Owen and Beru. Many who still don't have the Eopie would finally be pleased to get that creature. And, those who didn't get the Luke baby before would have another crack at it.

So yes, depending on how it's done, I'd be all for this set.

The set I mentioned above could be a $30-35 set easily, but no more.

-Sal

mtriv73
10-31-2007, 11:51 AM
I think if we ever see ROTS Owen and Beru it will first be on single cards.

I'd settle for this set with an ANH Beru repack and a retooled Lars. Crispy versions would make a great pack in or mail away. Maybe even a repaint of R2 and C3PO with some sand on them (the C3PO needs to be holding a rag in a questionable position like he did coming out of the oil bath on the TOPPS card.) They could still include an Eopie (unless there's some EU story that the Jawas ate them all in the 30 years between AOTC and ANH.) Heck, why not include the landspeeder and make it one of those expensive gigantopacks. Then they could probably justify including a couple vaporators too.

Sinscia Fat'o
10-31-2007, 12:28 PM
I'd like the top part of the home stead, be kinda like a play set but not really.

2 moisture vaporators
1 Owen Lars (Episode 2) (New head sculpt)
1 Beri Lars white-sun (last name correct?) (Episode 2) (New sculpt)
1 Creig Lars (Episode 2) (New head Sculpt) With hover chair
Swoop
Anakin Skywalker (Episode 2) ((Comic pack repack)
Padmae (Episode 2) White out fit retooled with some SA going on)
Womp Rat
and of course the home stead top- it would be kinda like the endor bunker from POTF2 just a plastic diorama piece...not really a play set, just a background filler.

I don't think hasbro would go for something like this, since this set requires alot of new sculpts and head sculpts, costs would stop them from doing something like this i'd bet, no matter how much collectors would like this (or any of the above mentioned ideas) which i'd be cool with the Obi Wan w/luke baby, Eopie thing as well.

Blue2th
10-31-2007, 01:17 PM
I think Hasbro could do an Episode 1 version battle-pack with Qui-Gon, young Anakin with Eopie, and also include Darth Maul on his cool Speeder, so we can get it too. (even though both are separate scenes, they occur in the same place)
As soon as I can get my hands on a loose Eopie (already have a MIMB one) that is how I want to display it, along side my Naboo Cruiser (which I haven't opened my extra one yet cause it's so large)
I think this type of battle-pack would have more appeal to collectors and kids at the same time.
Whereas kids might not want an Owen and Beru pack, unless they included Anakin on his Swoop (another separate scene but happens in the same place)
Though collectors would probably drool with a Luke baby (another little thing some people missed) and Eopie, and new sculpts of young Owen and Beru, Lars in Wheel-chair also, I don't know if it would have the appeal of the kids too, and might shelf warm more than usual.
Though I wouldn't hesitate to buy two of them.

Tycho
11-01-2007, 06:22 AM
The Lars family is at the top of my list of in-demand figures, and I could use up to 4 Eopies.

TheRealDubya
11-01-2007, 12:16 PM
And since every BP needs either Clones or Stormies, Hasbro could "invent" a Sandtrooper Clone, toss in two and maybe even the swoop Anakin rode in AOTC. I'm just trying to "battle" pack a very non battle set. Because, yeah, kids (in H's logic) won't buy civilians, adobe igloos and moisture vaporators. Gotta spice it up a touch.

Engineernerd
11-01-2007, 12:48 PM
1 Creig Lars (Episode 2) (New head Sculpt) With hover chair

New Head Sculpt?

Droid
11-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Hasbro wants an interesting set for kids.

If they want to go Episode IV, they could have Sandtroopers, Owen, Beru, and the dome part of the homestead. They could pack in vaporators. Kind of "the moment before they got killed scene". They could call it "Homestead confrontation". They could put a Luke in there if they wanted to be inaccurate. I suggest packing in the skeletons where they can't be seen until you open the package.

For Episode II, how about several Tusken Raiders, Shmi, Cliegg, Owen, Beru, and maybe 3P0. The dome part of the homstead and vaporators could be included. The not shown moment Shmi got kidnapped. They could call it "Kidnapping at the Homestead" or "Tusken Raider Attack."

Or they could do the Episode III, Obi-Wan, Eopie, baby Luke, Owen, Beru, the homestead and vaporators. But there isn't as much action as in the other two sets.

I'm with Tycho: aside from the Tonnikas and Yarna, Cliegg, young Owen, and young Beru are the figures I most want them to make.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-04-2007, 03:44 PM
New Head Sculpt?

yep, take POTF2 Owen slap a resculpted head on him, and retool his knees to bend so he can fit in the wheel chair thingie and call it a day. At this point i would settle for something like this rather than nothing at all.

Engineernerd
11-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Hmmm. I guess. I'd rather see him sculpted all new. Maybe they could give him loose legs like Prof. X was in the first movie line.

StbrianofMinneapolis
11-04-2007, 04:24 PM
How do we go about adding this set to the poll for Q+A for Hasbro?

Tycho
11-04-2007, 04:58 PM
I'd like that - if to beg the question at least. Hasbro said previously that "they'd get to it," but it's not popular with the kid market. JediTricks will undoubtedly quote the Q&A and might refuse to add the question.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Hmmm. I guess. I'd rather see him sculpted all new. Maybe they could give him loose legs like Prof. X was in the first movie line.

As would i but this was a suggestion only if the only way the figure could come out was in this battle pack, then this would make the chances of Creig being cost productive for the set. Though i think we'll see him eventually on a single card...i'd say within the next two years because after that demand for him will more than likely die a death much the same as Shimi.

DarkArtist
11-04-2007, 08:09 PM
This may sound nuts, but Ive been wanting an Eopie for years and I might have dreamed up a feasable rerelease.

It could be a $20 ship line release featuring a cheap version of the main domed part of the Lars' house plus a bunch of moisture evaporators and the Eopie that Obi wan arrives on to deliver Luke, maybe a womprat too.

What do you guys think?

The lars house would at least be cool for your Purchase of the droids scene in front of your Sandcrawler.

Put me down for one. would love even an ultimate battlepack with Owen, Beru, Obi Wan with baby Luke, Lars Homestead and the Eopie, maybe throw in the Swoop and Cliegg Lars as well. Pricetag $50