PDA

View Full Version : V-19 Torrent Starfighter - pilots?

Tycho
11-01-2007, 06:25 AM
I was just wondering if the Saga Legends will be serving up AOTC clone trooper pilots again, because we'll need them for the V-19.

Naturally, it'd be too much to ask of Hasbro to plan to release the vehicle at the same time they're re-releasing the pilot.

I believe 2 pilots should fit in any 1 V-19.

Oh, and while we're at it, how about re-releasing more AT-TE Gunner figures to be timed with the AT-AP's release and if the rumors pan out, the Fall 2008 AT-TE release?

TheRealDubya
11-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Maybe they will do a battlepack for it like they are for the ARC-170 this year?

I kind of wish they would use the old GI Joe model and just include a driver/pilot with every "starfighter" size vehicle. Then we could get like, Oddball, specifically.

Tycho
11-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Does Oddball look any different from any other clone?

Val Da Car
11-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Does Oddball look any different from any other clone?

Nope, but I will keep some of my repainted Black Clone Pilots for the V-19!!!:razz:

Tycho
11-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Nope, but I will keep some of my repainted Black Clone Pilots for the V-19!!!:razz:

Hasbro's repaints of E3 Clone Pilots, or actual customs of E2 pilots in all black?

I am not "right," but here's what I did:

Republic Gunships: AOTC white pilots. I may have an extra "pilot-less gunship" that I'll assign to Utopau from ROTS and need to pick up pilots for. I think I'll stick with the AOTC look for the pilots vehicle even if I need to get 2 more figures to fly it. I'm really not using gunships for my ROTS scenes. [note the problem is that Hasbro has seriously lacked Separatist equipment for the Clones to fight against - the Homing Spider would help with that, but we also need the Droid Gunship and Corporate Alliance Tank Droid.]

ARC 170 - I only own 1. I'd bought 3 on Midnite Madness Day (actually got them from Target) but scaled back. I use 3 white ROTS pilots and returned my 2 other ARCs within that week of MM. I purposely want my Battle of ENDOR (space war) to be larger than my Battle of Coruscant display directly because of which fight is more important - a Separatist feint or the destruction of the 2nd Death Star.

V-wings - I bought 4 ships here. (I really like this vehicle!) I'll have a docking bay scene with 5 ROTS pilots hanging around 2 ships with ground crew and I'll have 2 "in-flight." I use all black uniformed ROTS pilots here, as it makes my scenes sort of transitional to OT black-uniform TIE pilot use almost.

V-19 Torrent - I plan on buying 2 and getting 4 white AOTC to crew them.

I think the walkers can be part of this discussion, if a little off-topic.

I "crew" my walkers only if you could see through their windows in my dioramas. My Hoth AT-AT, and almost all my AT-STs do not actually have controllers. And when the vehicle is behind glass, how are you going to tell? It's a waste of $7 per driver if you ask me.

AT-RTs have to have pilots. No question.

When the AT-AP comes out, I'll buy it and make a judgement call as to whether you can see figures in it or not. A gunner - well yeah. I think in the top position, you can tell on this vehicle. I'll probably get AT-TE gunner figures from ROTS to fill the 3 roles - 1 visible per vehicle - that I plan to buy.

As to the AT-TE? If it's really coming, I'll assess what crew you could actually see in the closed-compartment vehicle in a diorama, and then crew it according to that. I'd like it if the vehicle COULD hold 9 Clones or something, but I won't add them if you couldn't tell they're there or not when the vehicle's behind glass. I think I'm getting 2 AT-TEs if they make 'em? (Geonosis and Utopau?)

I don't know if I'm forgetting any vehicles from the GAR forces that I should have brought up. BARC speeders are self-evident, and while I want the TurboTank and to a lesser degree, Swamp Speeders, I want an equal build-up of the Separatist forces to fight this stuff before they further expand the GAR stuff (Grand Army of the Republic for those wondering).

DarkArtist
11-05-2007, 10:53 AM
I was just wondering if the Saga Legends will be serving up AOTC clone trooper pilots again, because we'll need them for the V-19.

Naturally, it'd be too much to ask of Hasbro to plan to release the vehicle at the same time they're re-releasing the pilot.

I believe 2 pilots should fit in any 1 V-19.

Oh, and while we're at it, how about re-releasing more AT-TE Gunner figures to be timed with the AT-AP's release and if the rumors pan out, the Fall 2008 AT-TE release?

I like the way you think Tycho, but I have a feeling Hasbro will make an exclusive pack-in pilot for the V-19's. I would love to see them single card the evolutions clone with Clone Pilot helmet.

LTBasker
11-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Maybe Hasbro will use a clone body that had a removeable helmet feature and include the Evolutions pilot helmet, hopefully with a new ball turret for the Gunship. I don't expect it to be scale with the clone, obviously, but I'd like them to at least do a clear plastic version to make it consistent with the ball turrets on the wings.

aussietrooper20
11-07-2007, 12:46 AM
I think they'll sell a clone pilot since there going to sell alot of clone wars characters next year.