PDA

View Full Version : McSolo Review

Kidhuman
11-02-2007, 04:31 PM
I just picked this guy up today and opened it up. Overall not a bad figure, pretty good. Of course it is nothing like what we no Han to be.

Accessories: HE comes with a Removable Cape/chestplate, standard blaster, Lightsaber hilt and a Lightsaber. The hilt clips to his belt and he comes with a working holster for the blaster. The cape kind of throws him off balance when trying to pose if on. Overall 3/5

Articulation: Ball joint head, shoulders, swivel elbows, wrist, torso, legs and knee. There is no ankle articulation at all. 4/5

Paint app: Very nice paint job on this one. The eyes are good and face as well. Purple and brown colors look good on this figure. Nothing oerwhelming about the paint, 3.5/5

Overall: Kids will have fun with this figure and collectors will like it alot. It fits well with the previous McFigures we have seen this year. If they would only make a McLando, I would be happy with the line. Overall Grade: 3.5/5

I will ad pics later as I dont have time right now.

Jayspawn
11-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Great review. The figure looks sweet and McQuarrie's drawing was great.

jedibear
11-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the review Kidhuman...sounds like another great entry in the McQuarrie line....lookin' forward to finding this one.
And yes....please post some shots when you get a chance...

Kidhuman
11-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Here are a couple of pics as promised. Sorry it took a few days to get them up. Please disregard the stand name, I just use it as it is accessible to me.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=25679&ppuser=3537

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=25677&ppuser=3537

bigbarada
11-08-2007, 12:13 AM
This is probably the one concept figure that I have been looking forward to most.

All the way back in 1977, when the Star Wars fan club was just getting started, they talked about this character and how, even though he didn't really show up in the movie, he was still an integral part of the Star Wars universe. According to the write-up, he just represented Star Wars to the production crew so much that they kept using the image for promotional materials, even though the actual character design had been cut from the movie years earlier.

So this is the character concept that would mean the most to the original production crew and, from the photos, it looks like Hasbro has done a great job on him. :thumbsup:

Now if I could just find one. :upset:

AmanaMatt
11-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Nice review! Cannot wait to have this fig next to the McChewie figure....this has been a great line - Concept Han almost has a bearded Mark Hamill thing going on, but great fig!

Luuuuuuke
11-19-2007, 04:55 PM
I really liked this figure. One of my favorite Concept figures. But the lack of ankle articulation makes it harder to stand the guy. I didn't like that part.

Looks like a male version of Starkiller.

bigbarada
11-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Like I mentioned in the Wave 7 thread, found this guy this weekend and he's one my favorites from the line. Ankle articulation seems to be missing on all of the concept figures thus far, except Chewie, so I kind of expected Han not to have it.

My only real problem is the plastic cape, I really thought that the days of plastic capes were behind us, but it's actually not a huge detractor from this figure. I kind of reinforces the comic book hero feel of the ANH concept designs.

Although I don't seem to have a problem getting Han to stand on his own.

Based on the McQuarrie painting, the original concept for Solo had him much older and more of a George Lucas look-a-like. Fortunately, we didn't get a Lucas Solo figure, Hasbro kind of went with a more archetypal heroic look. Which is awesome.

My three favorite figures of the concept line are Solo, Chewie and Starkiller. Mainly because they have little in common with their onscreen counterparts. These are not the Han, Chewie and Leia from the movies, they definitely have a very different feel and a very different role. So to me, these are more exciting figures because their story isn't clearly defined at all. So that leaves my imagination open to come up with my own stories. And that's what action figures are all about, not to endlessly recreate the movie, but to allow kids to use their imaginations to expand upon the concepts of the movie.

Anyways, I love this figure:

Grade: A

Jaff
11-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I like the McNolte figure. He looks just like an actor they wanted to get for the part. It's not my favorite of the line. I still like the Boba, Snowtrooper, and CIV R2 the best out of the concept figures.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Glad to hear this figure is cool. Other than Fett this one was the one i have been waiting for, though it's got a big battle ahead of it to be better than Boba.

jedibear
12-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Fianlly got this guy today...he is cool. I don't mind the plastic cape...I think it works with this figure quite well.
He gets a 5/5 (A) outta me...another great entry in this McQuarrie line...