PDA

View Full Version : Starting to slow down...

Jayspawn
11-03-2007, 12:55 PM
With Gentle Giant I've been going strong since day 1. Everytime I would hear a new product was up for preorder I'd dash to the nearest computer and order that sucker!

....But now adays, I'm not doing that. Like so many, many, many other people I'm fed up with the poor customer service, exclusives and general mishandeling of product from GG. I have items shipping now becuase I have already preordered them, but I'm not in ant rush to order any new items even though they have gone up for sale.

So what does this mean? Not sure yet, maybe this is the beginning of the end.

jedibear
11-07-2007, 10:43 PM
I'll say this for 'em...they knock the notion of "completist" right outta my head!

The "Clone Commander" fiasco of this last summer left a bad taste with a lot of collectors, me included. I only managed two of 'em (at least they were my favorite two , Gree & Cody)...

I like the minibusts that they do...and I'll still pick up an occasional piece (I have Aayla on order), but that's about it.

BountyHunterScum
11-14-2007, 03:18 AM
All I wanted was the GG Slave Leia. I got it so now what they have to offer doesn't concern me.

TheDarthVader
11-16-2007, 01:37 AM
And all I wanted was the following three:

GG Slave Leia (own it)
GG Statue Jabba the Hutt with Jawa and Oola (own it)
GG Max rebo band statue (need it)

so as long as I get the band, I will be fine with my ROTJ GG collection

decadentdave
11-16-2007, 05:04 AM
So glad I never collected any GG stuff. I don't understand the appeal of "busts" except for those that hang on a hot chick :thumbsup: Statues and busts just don't do it for me. GG never got a penny from me. All my money went to Master Replicas, Sideshow and Hasblo although Hasblo is like a cheap two-dolla skank ho compared to the other two. lol

sergiurusu
12-02-2007, 02:09 PM
So glad I never collected any GG stuff. I don't understand the appeal of "busts" except for those that hang on a hot chick :thumbsup: Statues and busts just don't do it for me. GG never got a penny from me. All my money went to Master Replicas, Sideshow and Hasblo although Hasblo is like a cheap two-dolla skank ho compared to the other two. lol

My opinion exactly. GG busts are nice but I was never interested in them, they are just half a figure... I'm sure there somewhere in this universe are thousands of legs waiting to be attached to the GG busts :D Instead I'm interested in Action Fleet/MicroMachines (not Titaniums), Kotobukiya statues and RAH 12" figures :thumbsup:

Jaina Solo
01-30-2008, 03:28 PM
I like some of the GG busts, but I don't actually own any, so I guess I don't like them THAT much. :)

And I saw a preorder up someplace the other day for a Jar Jar minibust. Now, c'mon, who's going to buy that?

Jayspawn
01-30-2008, 11:45 PM
The JarJar bust you saw is part of GG's struggling Classics line. They all suck.

But, if they did JarJar as part of the standard minibust line, then I would preorder it in a heartbeat!

amrcanpoet
01-31-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm not in love with the Slave Leia GG statue. I picked up the Animated Leia and R2D2, which I love to death.

Jayspawn
02-04-2008, 12:44 AM
The Animated Leia and R2 is awesome! One of Gentle Giants best.

Val Da Car
02-15-2008, 10:13 AM
I am looking at the GG 5 pack of commanders but for the price that is alot to drop. Does a low number on the set even matter since there were only 500 of them made.

Jayspawn
02-16-2008, 12:24 PM
If you can get the Commanders for a good price -then GO for it. Theres not many and the edition # doesnt really matter anyways.

Jayspawn
02-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Ok, where the hell are Tonks and Bellatrix?

Looks like Fred, George and Ginny Weasley are getting minibusts this year also.