PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 41

JediTricks
11-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on Friday, November 30th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 40 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=716); to ActionFigs.com's questions (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1384); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=510). The questions we asked last round can be found here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=578788#post578788).

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

- Canadian collectors miss out on a many of the US-only store exclusives. Any chance Canadians could have every exclusive figure/vehicle/combination made available on shop.starwars.com after their shelf runs in the US stores?
- In recent years, many Darth Vader figures have included a silver piece of fabric material around the neck to represent the chain that holds Vader's cape on. However, every time this feature has been included, the "chain" ends up looking too big and out-of-place, while Vader figures that do not include this chain end up looking much better. In the interest of accuracy, could the chain either be scaled down (to better match its look in Episodes III, V, and VI), or done as sculpted plastic (as on earlier incarnations), or simply left off (as in Episode IV) on future Darth Vader figures?
- The Snowspeeder has only been an exclusive item in the past two releases for it where prior releases were regular mass-retail. Why the exclusivity and accompanying higher pricepoint on this vehicle? If it's due to its somewhat large size compared to other vehicles, could it be scaled down to accurate proportions (since it is actually a little too large as-is) and released in the $20 line?
- Are there folks today at Hasbro who were working on the Star Wars line back when it was reborn in 1995? Was there any clue behind-the-scenes back then that the Star Wars toy line would garner such a huge adult collector following? Were adult collectors considered at all on any level back then when forging the line's beginnings? What do you folks think of the extensive adult collector enthusiasm for the line today, 12 years later?
- Twice during the prequels, a vehicle toy's MSRP was dropped significantly without any changes to its mold - the first being the Episode I Naboo Royal Starship which went from $100 to $50, and the second being the Republic Gunship which in the Saga line was $40 but subsequent releases were $30. What were the causes of these price drops? Why hasn't this happened with other vehicles in similar high pricepoints?
- With there being so much competition in regards to high end collecting with other licensees, has Hasbro considered perhaps making the figures' accessories out of metal like the already established saber hilts from the 2002 Saga line? (This was even recently used again with the reissued Sith Training Darth Maul from the end of the TSC line.) They could also do it this time with blasters and other non-lightsaber accessories as well.
- The new Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper role-play blasters are pretty cool and seem to be selling fairly well out of the gate. With that in mind, will Hasbro be offering more role-play weapons such as all-new sculpts of Han's blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster (with more accurate size and folded stock under the barrel), Biker Scout pistol, and perhaps even larger ones like the Hoth Rebel rifle and Clone Trooper long rifle?
- What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?
- A few Battlepacks have featured Jedi, a Clone Commander, and three Clone Troopers. Will we see this concept applied to more sets in the future, perhaps something like Ki-Adi-Mundi, a grittier repaint of Commander Bacara, and three Galactic Marines? What about extending this idea to the other films beyond Ep III?
- Many collectors have noted that Moff Jerjerrod was not a great seller and can still be found in stores, while it seemed as though Admiral Ozzel, Captain Piett, and Grand Moff Tarkin seemed to have sold better. There are times where Hasbro really nails a likeness, but unfortunately Moff Jerjerrod did not look like the actor and had an angry facial expression not seen in Return of the Jedi. Would Hasbro ever consider resculpting this figure or does the perceived poor performance of the Jerjerrod figure make it unlikely he would ever be revisited. Do you agree that if this figure sold poorly it may have been in part because of a poor likeness?
- Would Hasbro consider releasing a complete set of clone troopers with only a basic, plain white deco? Many customizers would enjoy having a blank clone to decorate with their own designs, and regular fans could enjoy the uniform look - the white AT-RT Driver from the Ep 3 Commemorative Tin set looks great and is easy to customize. So how about a box set with all the various clone types without specialized deco or even weathering? It could even be offered in simpler packaging, white mailer boxes with simple baggies.
- The idea of having 2 Battle Droids on a single basic card is a good one, as it lets fans build up armies quickly and cheaply. However, the Saga Legends Battle Droid 2packs feature very distinct-looking droids - the first set has a Commander, and the others all have battle damage - resulting in droids not suited for army-building due to identical markings. Will future versions of this 2pack be released in "clean" versions for more army-building potential? In the same vein, will this set ever be retooled to allow the droids to hold the blaster with both hands as the movies consistently showed them, and a few previous figures emulated?
- In the Galactic Heroes line we have just gotten an AT-AT Commander and Driver figures. Might that increase chances of getting a Galactic Heroes AT-AT?
- With Commander Neyo from the Treachery on Saleucami set being among the winners of the Saga Legends fan choice poll, would you please pack in a second, generic belt with him the way you're doing with the Gray Clone Commander figure in the Saga Legends line? That way, the Neyo-style troopers could be represented by this same figure (remove the pauldron, swap the belt, voila), leading to more sales of the guy.
- Why are nearly all of the Galactic Heroes figures smiling, even bad guys like Tarkin and the AT-AT Commander?
- Considering that the body for CZ-4 was also used in A New Hope in the Sandcrawler (CZ-1) and in Mos Eisley (CZ-3), will we ever see a repaint of the CZ-4 figure to be these new characters? They could be done as a running change or put into Battlepacks.
- With the awesome VOTC Boba Fett figure released in the Saga Legends line, might we get an ESB-themed repaint with the green gauntlets, darker jumpsuit, brown cape, and green rocketpack?
- Is Hasbro considering continuing the Galactic Heroes line with more figures from Jabba's Palace (like Tessek, J'quille, Oola, the band etc.) and the Mos Eisley Cantina (like Elis Helrot, Kitik Keed'kak, Muftak etc.)? Also, bounty hunters Aurra Sing and Zam Wesell would be round out the bounty hunter set nicely.
- Since Hasbro is showing some interest in SW: Battlefront, releasing the multipacks and the Rebel Vanguard figure, will the rocket launcher from the Battlefront II Clone pack be included if a blue ARC Trooper is ever released on single card again? (It's the weapon he carries in the first Battlefront game.)
- Will you ever release any Neimoidians & Separatist Leaders in the Galactic Heroes line?
- Several recent multipacks featuring EU figures - such as the Rebel Commando, Battlefront, and Mandalorian sets - seem rather popular with collectors. Has there been any consideration given for using the multipack format for characters that have only appeared in novels? Perhaps the Myrkr strike team of Jedi from Star by Star, or maybe members of Rogue and Wraith Squadrons in box sets, something like that?
- Does Hasbro have something against Wedge Antilles? Biggs gets 2 figures this year while our boy Wedge - who survives the OT and beyond - only gets his head plopped on an already existing body as an exclusive or pack in every now and then. What are the chances of seeing a new Wedge single carded in the main line anytime soon?
- Will you please shed some light on rumored vehicles for next year? In specific the report of the AT-TE as well as the now rumored Homing Spider Droid and V-19 Torrent (clone starfighter). Also with regards to the AT-TE in specific, what size are we looking at, any pack-in figures, when will it come out, how many figures will it hold, any electronics, what's its pricepoint, and anything else you deem pertinent to this question?
- Do you have any plans to release the V-Wing Fighter in Imperial colors as seen at the end of ROTS?
- In this day and age, more and more people are becoming aware of the need to recycle. As collectors, we generate a lot of trash with all the packaging and would feel better about it if we knew it weren't just sitting in a landfill for the next thousand years. What is the recyclability of the materials uses in the packaging, especially the plastic bubbles and trays for the action figures? Has Hasbro ever considered marking the components of their packaging (not just SW but all Hasbro packaging) with recycling symbols?
- Why are the fans' choice figures so often hard to find? One would think that as a poll winner determined by the fans, it should be packed more than one per case and in multiple waves - especially an army-builder like the current Saga Legends winner, the Darktrooper. Darth Revan, the Darktrooper, the original Saga McQuarrie Stormtrooper, the OTC Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper, and of course Ephant Mon have all been overly difficult to find. So why isn't more done to get the fans' choice figures into the hands of the fans?
- Why doesn't the Baron Fel comic-pack figure have his signature Van Dyck facial hair? It's in the art in the comic, and it's even on the packaging art side panel, but the figure is without paint or sculpted facial hair.
- In the past, Hasbro's stated that main characters should always be available to casual collectors, which makes sense, and Lucas has stated that the saga is about Darth Vader. That said however, there are currently 9 different Vader figures available on shelves - TAC Vader, 2 Saga Legends figures, 2 different battlepacks, the TAC coin album, 2 different comic 2packs, and the McQuarrie Concept version. Out of those, all but the McQuarrie version are pegwarming in many areas; some areas also have older Vader figures from as far back as 2005; and there are more Vader's on the way. Have you considered that such oversaturation may be problematic to the line, as collectors are less likely to buy the same character over and over (especially when most are rereleases of earlier molds) while casual collectors (who might only need 1 or 2 Vaders) might find the sheer number of them confusing?
- Back in October, Hasbro said that getting a Corran Horn figure in the comics 2packs line was unlikely because he "only appears in one comic series (X-Wing Rogue Squadron: Family Ties) as a security officer, well before his most iconic stores in later novels." However, that's not accurate as he's in the SW:Union mini-series, in at least 3 different outfits - training gear, civilian clothes, and trademark green robes during Luke & Mara's ceremony (which would also be a great way to sneak in a Cilghal figure). Does this up the odds at all for Corran Horn?Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

Battle Droid
11-03-2007, 12:52 PM
For now,

20. - Will you ever release any Neimoidians & Separatist Leaders in the Galactic Heroes line?

23. - Will you please shed some light on rumored vehicles for next year? In specific the report of the AT-TE as well as the now rumored Homing Spider Droid and V-19 Torrent (clone starfighter). Also with regards to the AT-TE in specific, what size are we looking at, any pack-in figures, when will it come out, how many figures will it hold, any electronics, what's its pricepoint, and anything else you deem pertinent to this question?

24. - Do you have any plans to release the V-Wing Fighter in Imperial colors as seen at the end of ROTS?

Droid
11-03-2007, 03:07 PM
I vote for

#10 - Many collectors have noted that Moff Jerjerrod was not a great seller and can still be found in stores, while it seemed as though Admiral Ozzel, Captain Piett, and Grand Moff Tarkin seemed to have sold better. There are times where Hasbro really nails a likeness, but unfortunately Moff Jerjerrod did not look like the actor and had an angry facial expression not seen in Return of the Jedi. Would Hasbro ever consider resculpting this figure or does the perceived poor performance of the Jerjerrod figure make it unlikely he would ever be revisited. Do you agree that if this figure sold poorly it may have been in part because of a poor likeness?

Adam
11-03-2007, 10:27 PM

Kidhuman
11-03-2007, 11:18 PM
13, 23, 22 for now

Sinscia Fat'o
11-04-2007, 02:39 PM
9,21, and 22

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2007, 07:40 PM
2, 12, 16, 22, 23, 24

Cane_Adiss
11-06-2007, 09:55 AM
2, 4, 18, 20, 22 and a new question if it's added:

I remember the fan choice polls of years past, and thought that many of the characters would make good figures. Most of the figures from those polls eventually were made into figures. So what about the remaining few? (Bom Vimdin, Ann/ Tann Gella, Nym, Ben Quadinaros) And is there another Fan's choice for an all new figure in the near future?

El Chuxter
11-06-2007, 09:58 AM
That's a really good question, and, if it's cool with you and JT, I think we should toss on the Rebel Trooper in Biker Scout Disguise, which would be a really easy kitbash for them.

Cane_Adiss
11-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Here's a new question for us environmentally minded collectors:

In this day and age, more and more people are becoming aware of the need to recycle. As a collector, I generate alot of trash with my hobby and I would feel alot better about it if I knew it didn't have to sit in a landfill for the next thousand years. What is the recyclability of the plastic used in packaging action figures? Has Hasbro ever considered marking the plastic components of their packaging material (from all toy lines) with recycling symbols? I believe it would only be a benefit in the long run.

Cane_Adiss
11-07-2007, 08:34 AM
That's a really good question, and, if it's cool with you and JT, I think we should toss on the Rebel Trooper in Biker Scout Disguise, which would be a really easy kitbash for them.

Since Ten Numb was removed from my question about POTF2 resculpts, I guess that means that "JT" can and will edit any question however he sees fit so its not really up to me. However, I believe we already have a scout with a flip up visor. I suppose if you want a bearded scout with a flip up visor, that's ok too. I have no problem adding him to the list, I was just under the impression that it was essentially already done sans beard.

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 04:31 PM
I remember the fan choice polls of years past, and thought that many of the characters would make good figures. Most of the figures from those polls eventually were made into figures. So what about the remaining few? (Bom Vimdin, Ann/ Tann Gella, Nym, Ben Quadinaros) And is there another Fan's choice for an all new figure in the near future?I'm a little hesitant to ask about any figure that didn't place in the top 25 of the most recent poll simply because so many of those slots got less than 5% of the vote:

1. Quinlan Vos* (11.4%)
2. Darth Revan* (8.1%)
3. Yarna D'al Gargan (6.7%)
4. Darth Nihilus (6.6%)
5. Bastila Shan (6.5%)
6. Clone Commander (5.7%)
7. HK-47 (5%)
8. Willrow Hood (5%)
9. Hermi Odle (4.3%)
10. Mara Jade Skywalker* (4%)
11. Commander Neyo (3%)
12. Darth Malak (3%)
13. Padme Amidala (Funeral) (3%)
14. Corran Horn (2.8%)
15. Luke Skywalker (2.6%)
16. Padme Amidala (Clone Wars) (2.6%)
17. Kyle Katarn (2.2%)
18. Exar Kun (2%)
19. Padme Amidala II (black dinner dress) (2%)
20. Nom Anor (2%)
21. Kir Kanos* (1.5%)
22. Darth Maul (1.4%)
23. Jaina Solo (1.3%)
24. Anakin Solo (.8%)
25. Jacen Solo (.8%)
And the ones on your list didn't even place as high as 0.8%.

That's a really good question, and, if it's cool with you and JT, I think we should toss on the Rebel Trooper in Biker Scout Disguise, which would be a really easy kitbash for them.Well, the question as it is is just asking for more background characters which is nothing new and pretty specific, I'm not sure as it stands now I'd add ANY of them to the thread.

In this day and age, more and more people are becoming aware of the need to recycle. As a collector, I generate alot of trash with my hobby and I would feel alot better about it if I knew it didn't have to sit in a landfill for the next thousand years. What is the recyclability of the plastic used in packaging action figures? Has Hasbro ever considered marking the plastic components of their packaging material (from all toy lines) with recycling symbols? I believe it would only be a benefit in the long run.One of the sites asked that a few months ago, I don't have the answer in my list (it's one of the sites that requires registration or something) but Hasbro kinda said "not really at this point". I'll include it for now but if it doesn't get support in the next few rounds, I'll probably pull it.

However, I believe we already have a scout with a flip up visor. I suppose if you want a bearded scout with a flip up visor, that's ok too. I have no problem adding him to the list, I was just under the impression that it was essentially already done sans beard.It's a different guy though, which is why it'd be a kitbash, but it's such a background piece that I can't imagine too many people getting excited over yet another flip-up visor biker scout.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-07-2007, 04:36 PM
I think the Fans Choice question is still valid, though. Perhaps people didn't vote for those characters since they thought they'd eventually get made.

Cane_Adiss, I always put the plastic in the recycle bin. You may as well try it; what's the worst that could happen?

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't see how the "they were in the Fan's Choice poll" aspect holds any weight at all, the last poll literally allowed any and all options to be voted upon, they didn't place at even 1 percent, that says they're not exactly a true "fans' choice", it weakens the issue from what I can tell. They've already let us know that doing these "make this guy, make that guy" questions aren't getting a lot of traction, so I'm reticent to put them up without at least a stronger foundation. And "are you going to do another poll" by itself seems kinda hollow, it's the last thing in the question.

Cane_Adiss
11-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Ok, first of all none of the characters I mentioned were even included in the Toy Fare poll, so how can you say how high they placed? I remember just going onto the Toyfare site, voting for the character I wanted out of the pre-determined list and that was it. (I voted for Hermi Odle, and lookie here now we have one!) And I was also asking if we'll see another Fan's Choice poll, possibly between those remaining losers (I intentionally didn't include the Toy Fare remainders because they weren't from the Hasbro site polls, which is what I'm asking about.

Also, it seems that 3 of my previous questions about "specific characters" have been sent in to Hasbro. That shows that fans (at least the ones reading this forum) liked my questions and also want the characters I mentioned. (the Jar Jar, Mon Cal dancer, and Bespin aliens questions)

As for the other question about recycling, I don't remember any question being asked about that. In any case, if it was a matter that Hasbro thought was important to fans and they recieve some support behind the idea maybe they would make a change.

bigbarada
11-08-2007, 11:04 AM

In this day and age, more and more people are becoming aware of the need to recycle. As a collector, I generate alot of trash with my hobby and I would feel alot better about it if I knew it didn't have to sit in a landfill for the next thousand years. What is the recyclability of the plastic used in packaging action figures? Has Hasbro ever considered marking the plastic components of their packaging material (from all toy lines) with recycling symbols? I believe it would only be a benefit in the long run.

Oh please, no bio-degradable plastics for the action figure bubbles. We already have enough problems with them yellowing after a few years, we definitely don't need them rotting away. I want the carded figures I buy to last forever, the environment will just have to get over it.:D

bigbarada
11-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Oh yeah...

13, 17, 18, 22, 23 and I'll leave the last slot open just in case something cool pops up later.

For question 17, though, I actually suspect that Hasbro hasn't repainted that Boba Fett figure because it keeps them free to make a completely new ESB Boba Fett in a few years.

Why is question 2 even still around? We haven't seen that little piece of silver string for a while.

Cane_Adiss
11-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Oh please, no bio-degradable plastics for the action figure bubbles. We already have enough problems with them yellowing after a few years, we definitely don't need them rotting away. I want the carded figures I buy to last forever, the environment will just have to get over it.:D

Recyclable is not the same as bio-degradable. The plastic will never just "rot away". When a plastic item is recycled, it gets melted down in a plant and made into something else. I don't know 100% how it works but that's the general reason for recycling. As for the environment, chances are good the environment will claim your dead, rotting carcass before one of your precious carded action figures so you can rest in peace.

bigbarada
11-08-2007, 11:25 AM
chances are good the environment will claim your dead, rotting carcass before one of your precious carded action figures so you can rest in peace.

WOOHOO!!! :D:D:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-08-2007, 03:36 PM
As I stated earlier . . . just put the bubble in with the recyclables. They will take them away. If they don't, then stop doing it. It's as easy as that; there's no need to ask Hasbro about it.

El Chuxter
11-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I've done it for years. It may not have the logo, but it's still recyclable.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-08-2007, 05:59 PM
I would personally love to know when im going to get Exar Kun, Jainia and Jacen Solo ETC, and the question from that Cane asked about the fans choice poll seems like a good question, though hasbro doesn't seem like they like it to much when we ask them about certain characters getting made, so i can see the reason why Jedi Tricks doesn't want to add that question, even though i personally thought it was a great question...though i would like to know when we're getting a new poll, or if they'll just go through that list and make all of them and then start a new poll, which would be great *nudge, nudge hint hint hasbro* :)

As for the bio-rotting bubbles, i'm not a carded collector anymore, but i once was, and if my bubbles rotted away in like seven years...i don't think i would want to collect action figures any more...so i'm kinda against those...(of course i'm not a enviromental person anyway) If anyone really want to recycle bubbles and waste from their toys, all wal-marts are starting to recycle waste as plastic and soda cans, so if anyone wishes to really do that sort of thing, then wally world can take your trash and then your cash.

obi-dad
11-08-2007, 09:24 PM
[13]- In the Galactic Heroes line we have just gotten an AT-AT Commander and Driver figures. Might that increase chances of getting a Galactic Heroes AT-AT?

[16]- Considering that the body for CZ-4 was also used in A New Hope in the Sandcrawler (CZ-1) and in Mos Eisley (CZ-3), will we ever see a repaint of the CZ-4 figure to be these new characters? They could be done as a running change or put into Battlepacks.

[17]- With the awesome VOTC Boba Fett figure released in the Saga Legends line, might we get an ESB-themed repaint with the green gauntlets, darker jumpsuit, brown cape, and green rocketpack?

[18]- Is Hasbro considering continuing the Galactic Heroes line with more figures from Jabba's Palace (like Tessek, J'quille, Oola, the band etc.) and the Mos Eisley Cantina (like Elis Helrot, Kitik Keed'kak, Muftak etc.)? Also, bounty hunters Aurra Sing and Zam Wesell would be round out the bounty hunter set nicely.

[20]- Will you ever release any Neimoidians & Separatist Leaders in the Galactic Heroes line?

[22]- Does Hasbro have something against Wedge Antilles? Biggs gets 2 figures this year while our boy Wedge - who survives the OT and beyond - only gets his head plopped on an already existing body as an exclusive or pack in every now and then. What are the chances of seeing a new Wedge single carded in the main line anytime soon?

Cane_Adiss
11-09-2007, 12:53 AM
As I stated earlier . . . just put the bubble in with the recyclables. They will take them away. If they don't, then stop doing it. It's as easy as that; there's no need to ask Hasbro about it.

Not everybody has a recycling service that comes around and takes the stuff away for you. Where I live, I have to take the stuff myself to the recycling center where you have to sort the stuff in these different dumpsters yourself. My concern is that even if I were to leave the stuff at the recycling centers, it would get sorted out and find its way into a landfill anyway. Am I the only one that cares about this sort of thing? I mean think about it, would it be so hard for them to tell us for sure that "ok, that stuff you could sort with the number 1 plastics, and we'll look into getting the symbols on the packaging to make it official"? I would just like some closure on the matter and I would hope I'm not the only one. Is this such a bad question to ask?

Oh yeah, and to reiterate, I'm not asking about Hasbro making the plastic bio-degradeable. I agree that would be a BAD IDEA. Bio-degradeable is not the same as recyclable people unless your talking about paper and cardboard.

ROTJLuke
11-09-2007, 01:52 AM
Sorta of a late runner entry:

Does Hasbro have any plans to do a 'Death Star II' themed wave? It seems when it comes to Return of the Jedi themed waves, Jabba's Palace and Endor take the first seats while the Death Star II takes a back seat. There are a lot of great figures from those scenes on the second Death Star screaming to be redone by fans (Luke Skywalker Death Star II gear (both flap open/closed variants) Emperor Palpatine, Ad.Ackbar, Nein Nunb, etc.). So why have you seemingly neglected the second Death Star and when do you plan to visit that theme wave(s)?

JediTricks
11-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Ok, first of all none of the characters I mentioned were even included in the Toy Fare poll, so how can you say how high they placed? I remember just going onto the Toyfare site, voting for the character I wanted out of the pre-determined list and that was it.There was no predetermined list, it was an open poll, everybody wrote in their choices and the top 25 made the second round which you are saying. So the only way they were not in that poll is if they placed so lowly with fans that not a single person wrote them in during round 1, which is placing REALLY low.

(I voted for Hermi Odle, and lookie here now we have one!) And I was also asking if we'll see another Fan's Choice poll, possibly between those remaining losers (I intentionally didn't include the Toy Fare remainders because they weren't from the Hasbro site polls, which is what I'm asking about.The only fans' choice poll that Hasbro seems to give a care about at this point is the ToyFare one, it's the only one they cite and it's the only one since the saga was complete. If we see another Fans' Choice poll, I highly doubt it'll be between any of the ones that didn't win the older Hasbro-run polls, and without results to cite I wouldn't even ask about those losers. If you can find the results of those old polls, LMK and I'll rethink it.

Also, it seems that 3 of my previous questions about "specific characters" have been sent in to Hasbro. That shows that fans (at least the ones reading this forum) liked my questions and also want the characters I mentioned. (the Jar Jar, Mon Cal dancer, and Bespin aliens questions)I don't know what you want me to say here, as the editor I have to make choices on these matters which not everybody will agree with. We just got Hasbro telling us to ease up on the toy idea suggestions, and there are way too many specifics in these polls lately. Sometimes if it's a fresh idea or presented in a manner I think Hasbro will respond positively towards, I'll go for it but it's less and less these days because of how many diverging specific ideas are thrown out in these polls.

For question 17, though, I actually suspect that Hasbro hasn't repainted that Boba Fett figure because it keeps them free to make a completely new ESB Boba Fett in a few years.Paranoia, the first sign of dementia. ;) At this point, I really doubt it, they're so fearful of investing too much money into new molds that may not take off.

Why is question 2 even still around? We haven't seen that little piece of silver string for a while.We just got it on McQuarrie Vader even though his cape isn't even connected in the art, it plugs into his chest armor. And TAC 01 had it as well, though that wasn't a new fig.

I would personally love to know when im going to get Exar Kun, Jainia and Jacen Solo ETC, and the question from that Cane asked about the fans choice poll seems like a good question, though hasbro doesn't seem like they like it to much when we ask them about certain characters getting made, so i can see the reason why Jedi Tricks doesn't want to add that question, even though i personally thought it was a great question...Exar Kun, we asked about him on August 31st:
Q: With Mandalore being produced for the Mandalorian Evolutions set, will other Tales of the Jedi figures - specifically Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun - be in queue for a future wave of Comic 2-packs? A: We certainly hope so. While they are not in the line for next year, they are on our short list for the line as it continues on.

With Jaina and Jacen, the ONLY site that's ever asked about them is us, Sept 28th:
Q: What does Hasbro think about using the New Jedi Order (Yuuzhan Vong) series of novels as source material for more figures? Especially now with NJO Luke coming in an Evolutions set next year, might this open the door to getting other NJO characters like Yuuzhan Vong or Fan Choice poll top 25 characters like Jacen, Jaina, Anakin and Nom Anor?
A: We like the idea a lot, and don't rule out that in the next couple years we could weave some of these figures into the line. We can't give you exact details, but we are optimistic. Fans should know that we realize how important these characters have been and we can't wait to see them materialize as well.
Part of the problem is that no matter how excited Hasbro may also be, their answers are generally the same downer. We've asked 5 questions about Yarna, and while the final one was pretty much the same as above, it's still "good idea, no plans right now". So it's really tough to put up a question knowing it's best likelihood for a positive outcome will be "we like the idea but not now", if it doesn't get wholesale slaughtered.

And that actually brings me to another issue, Jaina, Jacen, Exar Kun, except for a question about an Exar Kun role play lightsaber, the only site that's ever asked about any of them is us, so even when we think everybody wants something, if the other sites don't also ask for it and we're the only ones going on and on at Hasbro about it, we're just making it look as if a small segment of fandom is interested in the item. Basically, it's all a complicated tapestry and I try to do my best to keep this juggling act going.

Am I the only one that cares about this sort of thing? I mean think about it, would it be so hard for them to tell us for sure that "ok, that stuff you could sort with the number 1 plastics, and we'll look into getting the symbols on the packaging to make it official"? I would just like some closure on the matter and I would hope I'm not the only one. Is this such a bad question to ask?Well, that's why I added it, to find out if you are the only collector who actually cares enough to put a vote on it. It's not a bad issue, but it's a very dry one and not at all exciting. Plus, with such a limited amount of questions we're allotted each month, it's not the forefront of desires in collectors' minds I think (let's be realistic, collecting can be a rather selfish hobby in some ways). Let me ask you, which is more important to you to ask Hasbro, recycling or asking about a bunch of background figures whose only connective theme is that they're all losers in Hasbro's old Fans' Choice polls? If you had to choose between the 2 getting asked, which would it be? (keep in mind that's just a hypothetical question, the situation isn't coming down to that and your answer won't change my decision on the fans choice losers issue, so no pressure in that respect.)

I really wish I could get Hasbro to answer each and every question we have for them right away, I wish they opened it up to 4 questions per site or more and back to weekly Q&A, and I wish they were more open to answering plainly and accepting our ideas in bigger fashion, but the reality is that this is a limited resource in more ways than one and I can only do so much with it, I have to keep it balanced to best represent the readers here and to ensure our best chances of positive responses - I know I don't always succeed, but I do my best. This is incredibly difficult to keep going, doing all this vote compiling and editing, keeping up with Hasbro's schedule and scheduling changes, compiling all the other sites' questions so I can make sure we don't waste a question on something that's already been answered. I'm not saying that to garner any adulation, just a little understanding.

Sorta of a late runner entry:

Does Hasbro have any plans to do a 'Death Star II' themed wave? It seems when it comes to Return of the Jedi themed waves, Jabba's Palace and Endor take the first seats while the Death Star II takes a back seat. There are a lot of great figures from those scenes on the second Death Star screaming to be redone by fans (Luke Skywalker Death Star II gear (both flap open/closed variants) Emperor Palpatine, Ad.Ackbar, Nein Nunb, etc.). So why have you seemingly neglected the second Death Star and when do you plan to visit that theme wave(s)?If Hasbro hadn't just answered our question about DS2 Luke saying it wasn't happening soon, I would try to ask that, but they just gave ActionFigs this one 2 weeks ago:
For some reason, nearly all the Jedi Luke figures have been from Jabba's Palace with permanent vests. The only Death Star II version in recent memory is the rather unfortunate Saga figure with its rather unfortunate action gimmick, preposed body, and bizarre face sculpt. The newest Jedi Luke (TAC #25) has a cloth vest but it's not meant to be removed and the costume underneath is incomplete for Death Star II Luke. In ToyFare's Fans Choice poll, this was the only OT main character - not to mention the only version of Luke - to make the top 25 (and 3 characters who got less votes have already been made as figures now). So, do you have any plans to make a Death Star II Jedi Luke at this point? If not, why has this popular version been continuously overlooked in favor of Jabba's Palace Luke?

Good point about needing to update him….it's just that for our theming we have picked different ones. It may be a while still, but hang in there - we will get to him.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-10-2007, 02:54 PM
10 - Moff Jerjerrod
11 - Plain clone sets
21 - EU Novel multipacks
22 - No love for Wedge?

Here is a suggestion for a question if it hasn't been asked before. Why are the fan choice figures often so hard to find? I would think that a fan's choice figure should be packed more than one to a case, especially with an army builder like the current fan's choice winner, the Dark Trooper. This question could also apply to the concept figures. They seem to be quite popular, but have been difficult to find.

JediTricks
11-11-2007, 02:31 AM
Question 26 added.

Here is a suggestion for a question if it hasn't been asked before. Why are the fan choice figures often so hard to find? I would think that a fan's choice figure should be packed more than one to a case, especially with an army builder like the current fan's choice winner, the Dark Trooper. This question could also apply to the concept figures. They seem to be quite popular, but have been difficult to find.Ellorrs Madak wasn't that hard to find after the initial crush, neither was Captain Antilles (his win should prove how lame these are :p), and Amanaman was a downright pegwarmer (but so are most deluxes). I worked it over though, found enough winners that are HTF, so it's up and your vote counted, you have 1 remaining.

I actually don't like the end I added, but I felt it needed to go out on a question (even if it was just a harder repeat of the original).

As for the McQuarrie Concept figures, I dropped that part because they are chase figures after all.

Devo
11-11-2007, 01:07 PM
If Hasbro hadn't just answered our question about DS2 Luke saying it wasn't happening soon, I would try to ask that, but they just gave ActionFigs this one 2 weeks ago:
For some reason, nearly all the Jedi Luke figures have been from Jabba's Palace with permanent vests. The only Death Star II version in recent memory is the rather unfortunate Saga figure with its rather unfortunate action gimmick, preposed body, and bizarre face sculpt. The newest Jedi Luke (TAC #25) has a cloth vest but it's not meant to be removed and the costume underneath is incomplete for Death Star II Luke. In ToyFare's Fans Choice poll, this was the only OT main character - not to mention the only version of Luke - to make the top 25 (and 3 characters who got less votes have already been made as figures now). So, do you have any plans to make a Death Star II Jedi Luke at this point? If not, why has this popular version been continuously overlooked in favor of Jabba's Palace Luke?

Good point about needing to update him….it's just that for our theming we have picked different ones. It may be a while still, but hang in there - we will get to him.

Well I think ROTJLuke's question can be seen as a response to Hasbro's answer to that particular question, sort of like this 'Ok so you haven't picked a Death star II theme lately - but why not when you could do these characters - there seems to be no fewer great candidates than in an X or Y theme'.

I for one will be truly amazed if there isn't a DSII wave in '08 containing DSII Luke. How long must we sing this song - Surely next year. And its so surely next year because last year we were saying the same thing about this year and the same in '05 undoubtedly. They really are stringing us all along on this one - 'just hang in there' they say hoping we'll buy every other version and straight repack before they eventually make the one we actually wanted in the first place. I just hope its a good mile better than the POS jabbas palace luke currently on the pegs.

My votes:

4, 10, 12, 16, 22

By the way has anyone noticed that a few other sites have put questions to Hasbro about the Rebel pilots and the whole dutch vandar thing again!! We asked that question already and added a variant on another occasion, either here or at ActionFigs. Not exactly doing their research these sites.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-11-2007, 02:58 PM
9,21,22, and 26

nheimbigner
11-11-2007, 07:39 PM
5 is the one

mericen
11-11-2007, 09:32 PM
My choices are: 17,20,21,22,24

DarkArtist
11-11-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm interested in questions 21, 23.

DarkArtist
11-11-2007, 10:22 PM
I also have a new question for Hasbro:

With the recent addition of Lt Shan from the comic packs and the future release of Juno Eclipse is there a good chance that we will see a figure of Admiral Daala from the EU or Ysanne Isard ?

El Chuxter
11-13-2007, 03:46 PM
New question:

You do realize that those of us who want "weird" characters like Yarna, Teek, and Jaxxon won't shut up about them until you make them, don't you? And if the line gets cancelled without them being produced, we will drive to Rhode Island to personally kick each of you in the shins?

Sinscia Fat'o
11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
New question:

You do realize that those of us who want "weird" characters like Yarna, Teek, and Jaxxon won't shut up about them until you make them, don't you? And if the line gets cancelled without them being produced, we will drive to Rhode Island to personally kick each of you in the shins?

LOL, Community unite! Nothing should butter up hasbro other than us threatening them!

JediTricks
11-14-2007, 12:41 AM
On Friday, Hasbro said that Q&A was postponed an extra 2 weeks for Thanksgiving, I haven't mentioned this yet because I am still waiting for final clarification on the matter. If Friday rolls around and we haven't heard anything, I will just keep the voting going instead so we don't have another "lost questions" scenario happen.

Well I think ROTJLuke's question can be seen as a response to Hasbro's answer to that particular question, sort of like this 'Ok so you haven't picked a Death star II theme lately - but why not when you could do these characters - there seems to be no fewer great candidates than in an X or Y theme'. That's a good twist on it, but I don't want it to seem like a beg-athon. How would you word it to better fit that aspect?

I for one will be truly amazed if there isn't a DSII wave in '08 containing DSII Luke. How long must we sing this song - Surely next year. And its so surely next year because last year we were saying the same thing about this year and the same in '05 undoubtedly. They really are stringing us all along on this one - 'just hang in there' they say hoping we'll buy every other version and straight repack before they eventually make the one we actually wanted in the first place. I just hope its a good mile better than the POS jabbas palace luke currently on the pegs.Next year is probably not gonna have it, Hasbro suggests he's not coming any time soon in our answer and now they're saying they're not doing an ROTJ Emperor next year. The only way we're getting Luke DS2 or a wave themed around that is if it's already in the tooling stage (what with the 12 to 18 month lead time on development) and their answers would either be MORE coy or more positive if that were the case, I think.

By the way has anyone noticed that a few other sites have put questions to Hasbro about the Rebel pilots and the whole dutch vandar thing again!! We asked that question already and added a variant on another occasion, either here or at ActionFigs. Not exactly doing their research these sites.Yeah, I noticed that. Either they or their readers don't read us, or they have readers who sent in questions to multiple sites including us, and we simply got there ahead of them.

I also have a new question for Hasbro:

With the recent addition of Lt Shan from the comic packs and the future release of Juno Eclipse is there a good chance that we will see a figure of Admiral Daala from the EU or Ysanne Isard ?Asked and answered back in March:
FFURG.com: The customizing community, well, at least on the Forums on our site, erupted with cheers of joy at the new Force Unleashed Female Imperial Commander. We here at FFURG have two repack suggestions for you that would only require new heads, Admiral Daala and Ysanne Isard. Both are Expanded Universe but are pretty well known and deserve to be in plastic.
Hasbro: We have to admit, when we first saw Juno Eclipse presented to use we were very happy..finally a female imperial officer. There have been several beyond the ones you mention who were prominent in the EU, including Lt. Deena Shan's impersonation and an Imp officer and Moff Tavira from Rogue Squadron's adventures. Hopefully we'll be able to work some of these into the comic pack line with time.

New question:

You do realize that those of us who want "weird" characters like Yarna, Teek, and Jaxxon won't shut up about them until you make them, don't you? And if the line gets cancelled without them being produced, we will drive to Rhode Island to personally kick each of you in the shins?Oh, they know. :p

El Chuxter
11-14-2007, 12:49 AM
I know. But still it's a little irksome that they'll actually tell us that they're never doing characters we ask for, but they have plenty of time and resources to make figures of themselves in battle armor.

I mean, who wouldn't buy Teek or Jaxxon or Ackmena?

JediTricks
11-14-2007, 12:57 AM
I know. But still it's a little irksome that they'll actually tell us that they're never doing characters we ask for, but they have plenty of time and resources to make figures of themselves in battle armor.

I mean, who wouldn't buy Teek or Jaxxon or Ackmena?
Well, almost everybody, and that's the problem. I sincerely doubt anybody could drum up 5,000 reasonable sales on any of those, and that's a mere fraction of the sales that would have to be there to make those happen.

Tycho
11-14-2007, 02:18 AM
New Question:

Why doesn't Baron Fel include a goatee?

Droid
11-14-2007, 09:59 AM
New Question:

Why doesn't Baron Fel include a goatee?

As a pack in accessory?

Tycho
11-14-2007, 12:46 PM
As a pack in accessory?

It could come attached to a big nose and eyeglasses. :grin:

All joking aside, my original question does stand. Even on the Comic 2-pack's packaging, Fel is shown with his trademark goatee and our friends at Hasbro are the ones who put him together. So what gives?

JediTricks
11-14-2007, 08:46 PM
It's gonna be something dopey like "we told the factory to paint it, but they forgot" I bet.

Do me a favor, flip through the comic, find Fel in it, make sure he has the goatee in the art, then LMK.

Tycho
11-15-2007, 12:55 AM
Yes, he has the goatee in the comic, JT.

Cane_Adiss
11-15-2007, 09:47 AM
I figured it was common knowledge that Baron Fel has a goatee. I've never seen any pics of him without it! I think it's an error on Hasbro's part that they will fix before he ships. Sorta like Biggs' cape. If they don't fix this I may actually pass on this set!

JediTricks
11-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Question 27 added.

Ok Tycho, you have 5 votes remaining. And it's a Van Dyck, not a Goatee (a goatee is just the beard part).

What really annoys me is the hand-painted prototype at Comic-Con didn't have it either and we didn't notice, so now we have to use one of our question slots to find out.

Tycho
11-15-2007, 03:24 PM
I figured it was common knowledge that Baron Fel has a goatee. I've never seen any pics of him without it! I think it's an error on Hasbro's part that they will fix before he ships. Sorta like Biggs' cape. If they don't fix this I may actually pass on this set!

It's too late to fix the error before he ships - I bought two of the Fel comic packs at Target already - like nearly 2 weeks ago. There is a Rogue Squadron cover, I think it's #25 "In The Empire's Service," that shows Fel without a goatee. That is not the issue they include in the comic 2-pack, and even on the inside of THAT issue (25), he has the goatee (Van Dyck or whatever). Sure he can shave it and grow it back, but this is pretty much like a Lando figure w.o. the mustache or an AOTC or later figure of Obi-Wan without the beard. You just don't represent the character that way.

At the very least, Hasbro should allow you to mail in the proof-of-purchase for a free Sharpie with which to fix this :D

Cane_Adiss
11-16-2007, 08:39 AM
:shocked: I guess I'll pass then! In my neck of the woods we still haven't seen much of the Dark Woman/ A'sharrad Hett wave of comic packs so I wasn't aware that these were in stores already. Oh well that sucks. Thanks for giving me the heads up Tycho!

JediTricks
11-18-2007, 02:19 AM
As you can tell, with Hasbro not getting back to me about the confusion over the schedule, I've simply extended voting until the 30th when we'll send in the questions, as they said. So, another couple weeks to get those votes and new questions in.

It's too late to fix the error before he ships - I bought two of the Fel comic packs at Target already - like nearly 2 weeks ago. There is a Rogue Squadron cover, I think it's #25 "In The Empire's Service," that shows Fel without a goatee. That is not the issue they include in the comic 2-pack, and even on the inside of THAT issue (25), he has the goatee (Van Dyck or whatever). Sure he can shave it and grow it back, but this is pretty much like a Lando figure w.o. the mustache or an AOTC or later figure of Obi-Wan without the beard. You just don't represent the character that way.

At the very least, Hasbro should allow you to mail in the proof-of-purchase for a free Sharpie with which to fix this :DWell, they could do a running change, they've been big on those lately. But yeah, seems like they blew it, I saw it today, totally fails.

Droidworld
11-18-2007, 02:48 AM
- Canadian collectors miss out on a many of the US-only store exclusives. Any chance Canadians could have every exclusive figure/vehicle/combination made available on shop.starwars.com after their shelf runs in the US stores?
- In recent years, many Darth Vader figures have included a silver piece of fabric material around the neck to represent the chain that holds Vader's cape on. However, every time this feature has been included, the "chain" ends up looking too big and out-of-place, while Vader figures that do not include this chain end up looking much better. In the interest of accuracy, could the chain either be scaled down (to better match its look in Episodes III, V, and VI), or done as sculpted plastic (as on earlier incarnations), or simply left off (as in Episode IV) on future Darth Vader figures?
- What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?
- Considering that the body for CZ-4 was also used in A New Hope in the Sandcrawler (CZ-1) and in Mos Eisley (CZ-3), will we ever see a repaint of the CZ-4 figure to be these new characters? They could be done as a running change or put into Battlepacks.
- In this day and age, more and more people are becoming aware of the need to recycle. As collectors, we generate a lot of trash with all the packaging and would feel better about it if we knew it weren't just sitting in a landfill for the next thousand years. What is the recyclability of the materials uses in the packaging, especially the plastic bubbles and trays for the action figures? Has Hasbro ever considered marking the components of their packaging (not just SW but all Hasbro packaging) with recycling symbols?

Neuroleptic
11-19-2007, 11:09 PM
And

JediTricks
11-21-2007, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the votes!

I am kicking myself, I had a great question in mind at the car wash today, but before I could get it down, I saw my car going by in the tunnel and got all distracted. How fragile these things can be.

Tycho
11-21-2007, 12:51 PM
That's called having tunnel vision, JT.

autumnsdescent
11-24-2007, 02:14 AM
New question suggestion:

Dear Hasbro,

What would it mean to you if you saw an upward momentum in sales for the Star Wars line that surpasses everything you've seen so far? If yes, please read on.
I was in a local wal-mart the day before Thanksgiving, and employees were in the Star Wars aisle stocking product for other toy lines. I asked the employees if there might be any boxes of additional Star Wars figures in the back with the sku # for waves 5 through 7. The response I received was typical of every Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys-R-Us employee in my area: "As long as the pegs are full, we're not stocking any more figures." I asked, "Are you aware that by not rotating the product you're missing out on sales?" And again a typical response, "What do we care?" Living in the Midwest, I frequently (okay, my wife say "obsessively") check my local Target, Wal-Marts, and TRU's four and five times a week for the latest figures. What I'm finding is that, although the Saga collection and TAC have different product numbers, the employees stocking and maintaining the shelves are not differentiating at all. Of the 20 wal-marts, 6 Targets, and 3 Toys-R-Us' in the greater Indianapolis area, I have found only one store that attempts to keep TAC and Saga lines separated and current. Most of the time, the employees maintaining the figure aisle could care less what's on the pegs as long as they're full. As a result, the product doesn't move, and the newer waves miss their expected shelf dates (as posted on the internet) by an average of 3 to 5 months. For example, TAC wave 1 was supposed to hit shelves in March 2007. For most of the stores in my area, it hit for the first time in late May. And it's not that the stores are not receiving the product, it's that they are failing to put it out and keep it rotating. While I understand this is not directly Hasbro's problem, I am wondering what can be done about it? Is there something we as consumers can do? Is there any kind of incentive that you can offer retailers to better maintain your product lines? Better maintenance (rotation) of the product lines means consumers will find what they're looking for more often, which in turn will lead to increased sales.

Enthusiastically,
-Asche

"4 months since release and still looking for [most of] wave 5..."

JediTricks
11-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Both SSG and the other sites have brought questions like that to bear over and over, Hasbro keeps claiming that the Saga Legends line sells great and isn't impacting pegspace on the TAC line despite ALL empirical evidence showing the contrary. They've also completely ignored arguments that their plan will backfire and hold up the TAC line so long as employees and customers cannot quickly distinguish one from the other and fill the pegs with the one the stores keep replenishing - which is the SL line. Here's the last answer we got from them on the matter from about 2 months ago:

Q: Several fan sites in this Q&A series have asked about problems with Greatest Hits/Saga Legends figures and nagging TSC pegwarmer figures, and Hasbro's answers always have the same theme - "the problems are not systemic, it must be your area that's an anomaly". The thing is, these sites and their readers are from all over the country and they're consistently reporting the same issues independently of each other which suggests these aren't be random, isolated events. This has grown especially frustrating with the current waves of the Saga Legends line as it seems to be shipping very heavily and covering many a store's TAC pegs while the main TAC line wave 4 remains sparse and rife for scalper attention. What makes Hasbro so confident about there being no wide-scale problems with lingering TSC pegwarmers or stores not coping with the 2-SKU/2-pegs system for the current basic lines (TAC and SL), and that none of this is creating an intensely-frustrating problem for new figures getting into consumers' hands?

A: We do not have access to individual store level inventories to know what figures are where and in what quantity - that level of information simply doesn't exist. That's why we report that on a national level - the greater whole - waves are shipping as planned, and the replenishment process by which stores are "resupplied" is something we watch on a weekly basis. To be clear on how it works - stores will be resupplied based on what has sold down, not based on what is sitting on what pegs, which is invisible to the automated ordering systems. So if Saga Legends is selling in those stores, it will be reordered. If 30th Anniv. is selling, it will be reordered. To finish that discussion - the stock of one has no impact on the other. However, it doesn't work like clockwork all the time, and the number of older figures of a subline could impact which waves are shipped so it could be possible for a store to miss a wave depending on how much stock and how fast it's selling and what wave is available to ship next. We would ask that if colelctors have noticed problems in certain stores, they please send the Store # of the WM store with the issue (via the same process you use to submit questions) and we will have our retail teams look into it and see if there is a way to "unclog" a local store if its within our merchandising teams coverage area.
We have reported to them in the past, and to a certain degree it did seem to work, but only on older product. There's a thread around here somewhere for it, I should start that program again but it was such a beast to get accurate counts from the responders.

As a side note, I've found that I've gotten a little traction from using the assortment numbers to bolster my argument that the wrong product is on pegs and they should bring out more of the right product, the key is having the assortment numbers tied to whatever internal numbers the store is using, that way you can show them they have the wrong amount of product A and B on the shelves efficiently while using their internal store logic to prove the screwup (the assortment numbers are on the figures' cards and on the shelf tags which also have the stores' internal numbers). I was at a TRU not too long ago that had 140 Saga Legends figures all incorrectly logged in as TAC (under the wrong internal number) so until every single one of those SL figures sold, they were never going to get new SW figures in again.

Tycho
11-24-2007, 08:44 PM
The question for us collectors, is this:

did we prefer re-issues like back in the old days (the 1978 Chewie figure on 1983 ROTJ cardback, etc.) or should Hasbro keep resculpting (another Tatooine Luke for example)?

How should the re-issues be handled? Inserted in the regular case assortments or using the "2 collections" method, so if the figures from SL are entered into the inventory right, they will only trigger the re-order of a case of SL if 12 of them sell.

If the figures are individually entered into the inventory, much like Wal-Mart prints the figure's name on your receipt, it should work to re-order correctly:

SL....................................TAC
Luke.................................Galactic Marine
Han..................................Airborne
Leia..................................Lava Miner
Chewie..............................Givin
Darth Vader........................Nightlilly
Gen Grievous......................Herme Odle
Darth Maul.........................Lando Smuggler
Battle Droid........................Ewok 2-pack
Clone Trooper.....................Tycho
Obi-Wan............................CZ-4
Anakin...............................Umpass Stay
Boba Fett..........................Biggs Academy Uniform

Theoretically, it shouldn't matter what pegs an illiterate or apathetic employee puts these characters on. Also, they shouldn't be re-ordering with their scanner gun device either (scanning the wrong end-cap sticker).

If the 12 figures on the right column sell (TAC), the computer should know that CZ-4 belongs to the TAC sku and re-order TAC. There should be no more SL sent to that store unless the inventory of SL is depleted.

A problem a Wal-Mart stocker told me is that in their distribution warehouses that handle shipping to more than 1 regular store, the cases all look the same and the stocking guys just shrink wrap whatever's in convenient reach of them, and send it on its way. That theory isn't too strong though: SOME store somewhere should then be getting tons of TAC and no SL, right? Most of us are not reporting that though.

The SL stuff is cheaper for Hasbro. A mom or grandmom that knows their kid likes SW is just going to buy any Darth Vader figure or something, so SL will sell some figures that way (though I'm sure some of us need 'em and are army building with the fans' choices, etc.)

But imagine if Darrel or Brian is going to retire. They might have a pension package that pays them 90% of their highest earnings year. If their earnings is performance based, as well as computed based on HASBRO's sales to THEIR CUSTOMERS (Target, Wal-Mart, TRU, etc.) then the SW team can leave at their highest profitability - pushing out old stuff at barely any cost (because the steel molds are already finished for these figures), and it's all profit on the SL each year they're offered after 2005.

So Darrel or Brian can leave, retire, whatever at the height of profitability for the SW brand, and the next guy can get stuck with the blame if the line runs into the ground because HASBRO's CUSTOMERS (Target, Wal-Mart, TRU) can't move any more figures and are stuck with the stuff the last guys just shipped them.

Fortunately, I think Darrel, Brian, Mark et all love their jobs far too much to want to leave now and I don't think there's THAT much of a nefarious conspiracy going on. They've been great at bringing out figures for us that we always wanted and voted on (Biggs in Academy Uniform, Lando Smuggler, McQuarrie collection additions, etc.) But it's a possibility to lay out there. But I need to add that I know nothing about their retirement benefits (pensions vs. 401Ks, whatever). So that was a blind shot in the dark.

Anyway, theoretically, the above 2 collection plan should work. But there are a lot of places to throw monkey wrenches into it.

El Chuxter
11-25-2007, 01:54 AM
New question, serious this time.

In the past, Hasbro has stated that the major characters should remain available to casual collectors, which is a point that makes good business sense. And, as Lucas himself has stated, Vader is the main character, so he is someone who should always (or almost always) be available. That said, however, there are currently nine different versions of Vader available (TAC w/ Obi-Wan's cape, two Legends figures, the Betrayal on Bespin Battlepack, the Tantive IV Battlepack, the TAC coin album, two different comics 2-packs, and the McQuarrie concept version), and, of these, all but the McQuarrie figure are pegwarming in many areas. And some areas still have Vaders from as far back as the initial ROTS figure from 2005, and there are more Vaders on the way. Have you considered that such oversaturation may be dangerous to the line, as collectors are less likely to buy the same character so many times (especially when most are re-uses of earlier sculpts), and casual collectors (who only need one Vader) might find the sheer number of them confusing?

RENDAR LIVES
11-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Hey everyone. This is my first post so here goes. I have a new question, kind of. Of all the Jedi Corran Horn is my favorite and I urge any other fans of him to vote on this question in hopes of getting him immortalized in plastic.

Recently Hasbro said the chances of us getting a Corran Horn figure in the comic 2-packs was slim to none based on the only reference of him being in Rogue Squadron comics before he was popular.

This is not true. In the Star Wars:Union mini-series we see Corran Horn in at least 3 different outfits. 1) In training gear with Kam Solusar. 2) In civilian cloths talking to Mirax with Whistler. 3) In his trademark green robes during Luke and Mara's Jedi ceremoney. Wich would also be a great way to sneak in a Cilgahl figure.

RENDAR LIVES
11-25-2007, 02:47 PM
I do have a new question.

What are the chances we can get Obi-Wan and Siri Tachi in Ubese desguise from the Jedi Quest comics for the comic 2-packs in the next couple of years?

Tycho
11-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the boards Rendar Lives!

I liked your questions and the points you made about Corran Horn and Siri Tachi. Nice catch. I'm a huge EU fan around here myself.

bigbarada
11-26-2007, 12:26 AM
An idea for a new question, although it's probably been asked in some form before:

Obviously the McQuarrie Concept figures have resparked a lot of interest (and speculation) in Star Wars collecting. Have you been surprised by the popularity of the concept figures and will we see more from this sub-line in the future?

Mad Slanted Powers
11-26-2007, 12:50 AM
As for the McQuarrie Concept figures, I dropped that part because they are chase figures after all.They shouldn't be chase figures. A lot of people are going to want the McQuarrie figures, perhaps two of each. Some want even more for the troops or to display multiple heads of Vader and Fett. UGH are chase figures. Not near as many are going to go for collecting those variants.

Cane_Adiss
11-26-2007, 09:57 AM
They shouldn't be chase figures. A lot of people are going to want the McQuarrie figures, perhaps two of each. Some want even more for the troops or to display multiple heads of Vader and Fett. UGH are chase figures. Not near as many are going to go for collecting those variants.

I agree completely. I don't think the McQ figures were intended to be chase figures either, since Hasbro stated that they would ship in future assortments. So far they have been pretty easy to find except for the Stormtrooper and Starkiller Hero (still haven't scored her :(). I wonder if it would be possible for Hasbro to ship a solid case of McQ figures? Pretty unlikely I bet.

JediTricks
11-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Questions 28 and 29 added.

New question, serious this time.

In the past, Hasbro has stated that the major characters should remain available to casual collectors, which is a point that makes good business sense. And, as Lucas himself has stated, Vader is the main character, so he is someone who should always (or almost always) be available. That said, however, there are currently nine different versions of Vader available (TAC w/ Obi-Wan's cape, two Legends figures, the Betrayal on Bespin Battlepack, the Tantive IV Battlepack, the TAC coin album, two different comics 2-packs, and the McQuarrie concept version), and, of these, all but the McQuarrie figure are pegwarming in many areas. And some areas still have Vaders from as far back as the initial ROTS figure from 2005, and there are more Vaders on the way. Have you considered that such oversaturation may be dangerous to the line, as collectors are less likely to buy the same character so many times (especially when most are re-uses of earlier sculpts), and casual collectors (who only need one Vader) might find the sheer number of them confusing?A little long, but ok. You have 5 votes remaining.

Hey everyone. This is my first post so here goes. I have a new question, kind of. Of all the Jedi Corran Horn is my favorite and I urge any other fans of him to vote on this question in hopes of getting him immortalized in plastic.

Recently Hasbro said the chances of us getting a Corran Horn figure in the comic 2-packs was slim to none based on the only reference of him being in Rogue Squadron comics before he was popular.

This is not true. In the Star Wars:Union mini-series we see Corran Horn in at least 3 different outfits. 1) In training gear with Kam Solusar. 2) In civilian cloths talking to Mirax with Whistler. 3) In his trademark green robes during Luke and Mara's Jedi ceremoney. Wich would also be a great way to sneak in a Cilgahl figure.Welcome aboard! I've added the question.

I do have a new question.

What are the chances we can get Obi-Wan and Siri Tachi in Ubese desguise from the Jedi Quest comics for the comic 2-packs in the next couple of years?That's too specific for right now, but suggest it again after we get the next answers from Hasbro, 2 weeks-ish.

An idea for a new question, although it's probably been asked in some form before:

Obviously the McQuarrie Concept figures have resparked a lot of interest (and speculation) in Star Wars collecting. Have you been surprised by the popularity of the concept figures and will we see more from this sub-line in the future?They've said to ActionFigs:

We do hope that the concept figures will make a return some time, although it will not be in 2008. If and when they do come back, it's possible a RotJ figure could be in the mix.
And to TPU:

ThePrivateUniverse.co.uk: Given that the McQuarrie sub-line has been such an apparent hit with fans, do you have any plans to expand it to cover the rest of the original trilogy? Or perhaps the prequels - the Darth Maul (Sith Apprentice) from the Power of the Jedi line would make a great re-release to launch figures based on The Phantom Menace (black clad Jedis, Sith Witches etc).
Hasbro: We will not have any more concept figures for 2008, but hope to return to it in the future.
And a few others like that which pretty much say the same thing over and over again. Can you rework the question so it doesn't just get the same response?

They shouldn't be chase figures. A lot of people are going to want the McQuarrie figures, perhaps two of each. Some want even more for the troops or to display multiple heads of Vader and Fett. UGH are chase figures. Not near as many are going to go for collecting those variants.Well, their logic on the McQ series being chase makes sense to me, the figs are not going to be as interesting to their bread-n-butter customers, the casual collectors, because they're largely not recognizable characters. While the hardcore collectors have responded well to them, if they doubled production we might all be complaining about "those darn Concept pegwarmers" instead, and there's no getting rid of them down the road.

I agree completely. I don't think the McQ figures were intended to be chase figures either, since Hasbro stated that they would ship in future assortments. So far they have been pretty easy to find except for the Stormtrooper and Starkiller Hero (still haven't scored her :(). I wonder if it would be possible for Hasbro to ship a solid case of McQ figures? Pretty unlikely I bet.April 23:

YodasNews.com: Will Hasbro please consider packing more McQuarrie figures in further cases? It's quite apparent that they're great hits since the McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper and Concept Boba Fett are never on the store shelves for long, especially with the Stormtrooper at one per case.
Hasbro: We are making more of them, so don't give up hope of finding them. We are limited to 1 per case for the McQ figures due to manufacturing capacity, but will continue to release over time.

Kidhuman
11-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Dont know if I have botes left, but please add this regardless and count it for me if I have any left. Thanks JT

With the new Ultra Battlepacks out and collectors who have been begging for playsets the last few years, would it be possible to release some of the BP's for other areas and adding the playset pieces to them instead of vehicles.(IE: Dagobah with Yodas Hut and The tree with some figures, DeathStar with figures and trash compactor, corridors, area for Ben and Vader to duel it out?)

mtriv73
11-28-2007, 10:17 AM

jedi master sal
11-28-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm voting for KH's question he just asked two posts ahead of this one.

jedi master sal
11-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Here are my other votes:
7, 9, 11, 12, 14

If I chose one to many then take away number 7 from my votes.

-Sal

Uncle Salty
11-29-2007, 12:37 AM
i'm gonna go with 6, 16, 22, 26, 28 & 29.
it's really cool that hasbro allows us this question & answer format.

Darth Windu
11-29-2007, 06:05 AM
New Question:

Having seen the photos of the Titanium series wave 1 2008, will Hasbro correct the paint application on Saesee Tinn's starfighter which has the Imperial six-spoked star instead of the Republic eight-spoked star, which is applied normally on Obi-Wan's and Kit Fisto's AotC starfighters?

pegger
11-29-2007, 06:17 AM
New question -

Often Canada does not get the last wave (or 2) of any given series. Is there any truth to rumours that wave 6, 7, 7.5 and 8 won't be available in Canada (ie. the last four waves)?

Thanks JT!

jedi master sal
11-29-2007, 08:05 AM
New question -

Often Canada does not get the last wave (or 2) of any given series. Is there any truth to rumours that wave 6, 7, 7.5 and 8 won't be available in Canada (ie. the last four waves)?

Thanks JT!

You know I've got you hooked up on several of those figs, so you won't have to hunt down too many of them.

-Sal

Mr Burns
11-29-2007, 08:56 PM
25 26 27 28:thumbsup:

jediguy
11-29-2007, 10:28 PM

DarkJedi5
11-29-2007, 11:15 PM
3 snowspeeder
12 Battle droids
17 ESB Fett
25 Recycle
27 Baron Fell
29 Corran Horn

AmanaMatt
11-30-2007, 06:52 AM
I vote for

#17, 25, 28

JediTricks
11-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Dont know if I have botes left, but please add this regardless and count it for me if I have any left. Thanks JT

With the new Ultra Battlepacks out and collectors who have been begging for playsets the last few years, would it be possible to release some of the BP's for other areas and adding the playset pieces to them instead of vehicles.(IE: Dagobah with Yodas Hut and The tree with some figures, DeathStar with figures and trash compactor, corridors, area for Ben and Vader to duel it out?)I'll include it in the next round.

New Question:

Having seen the photos of the Titanium series wave 1 2008, will Hasbro correct the paint application on Saesee Tinn's starfighter which has the Imperial six-spoked star instead of the Republic eight-spoked star, which is applied normally on Obi-Wan's and Kit Fisto's AotC starfighters?I'll add it to the next round.

New question -

Thanks JT!I'll add it to the next round, but that kinda sucks that it may go down that way.

JediTricks
11-30-2007, 01:35 PM
And my votes:

2 vader chain
3 snowspeeder
5 price drops
7 role play
14 neyo belt
26 htf fan choices

JediTricks
11-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Well, that's it for this round. Thanks to everybody who voted!

Here are the questions we asked this round:

Does Hasbro have something against Wedge Antilles? Biggs gets 2 figures this year while our boy Wedge - who survives the OT and beyond - only gets his head plopped on an already existing body as an exclusive or pack-in every now and then. What are the chances of seeing a new Wedge single carded in the main line anytime soon?
Why doesn't the Baron Fel comic-pack figure have his signature Van Dyck facial hair? It's in the art in the comic, and it's even on the packaging art side panel, but the figure is without paint or sculpted facial hair.
Considering that the body for CZ-4 was also used in A New Hope in the Sandcrawler (CZ-1) and in Mos Eisley (CZ-3), will we ever see a repaint of the CZ-4 figure to be these new characters? They could be done as a running change or put into Battlepacks.
Why are the fans' choice figures so often hard to find? One would think that as a poll winner determined by the fans, it should be packed more than one per case and in multiple waves - especially an army-builder like the current Saga Legends winner, the Darktrooper. Darth Revan, the Darktrooper, the original Saga McQuarrie Stormtrooper, the OTC Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper, and of course Ephant Mon have all been overly difficult to find. So why isn't more done to get the fans' choice figures into the hands of the fans?
Several recent multipacks featuring EU figures - such as the Rebel Commando, Battlefront, and Mandalorian sets - seem rather popular with collectors. Has there been any consideration given for using the multipack format for characters that have only appeared in novels? Perhaps the Myrkr strike team of Jedi from Star by Star, or maybe members of Rogue and Wraith Squadrons in box sets, something like that?
In this day and age, more and more people are becoming aware of the need to recycle. As collectors, we generate a lot of trash with all the packaging and would feel better about it if we knew it weren't just sitting in a landfill for the next thousand years. What is the recyclability of the materials uses in the packaging, especially the plastic bubbles and trays for the action figures? Has Hasbro ever considered marking the components of their packaging (not just SW but all Hasbro packaging) with recycling symbols? Look for a new round soon.