PDA

View Full Version : 10 Favorite GIJoes and Cobras

El Chuxter
11-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Any continuity. Base it on cartoons, comics, toys, or a combination of the whole.

Joes:
1) Snake Eyes
2) Scarlett
3) Storm Shadow (I always preferred him on the side of angels)
4) Lady Jaye
5) Flint
6) Stalker
7) Roadblock
8) Spirit Iron-Knife
9) Dusty
10) Gung Ho

Cobras/Cobra Allies:
1) Cobra Commander
2) Baroness deCobray
3) Zartan
4) Destro
5) Firefly
6) Major Bludd
7) Road Pig
8) Zarana
9) Dr Mindbender (yes, for all my joking about him, I rather like him)
10) Buzzer

Worst of all:
1) Serpentor
2) (big tie) the rest of Cobra-LA
3) Duke
4) Sgt Slaughter
5) Crystal Ball (sorry, Mr King)
6) Raptor
7) Fred VII
8) (another big tie) all of Battleforce 2000
9) Cesspool
10) General Flagg II (why?)

2-1B
11-04-2007, 02:55 AM
I don't know if I can think of 10 for each, but I'll try to do some lists without cheating and looking up old names and stuff:

Joes:
Rocky
The Fridge
Sgt Slaughter
Sailor guy (Shipwreck?)
Snow Suited guy with a beard and skis (no idea what his name was, was he even a Joe or a Cobra?)
The dude who came with Mutt the Dogg
Native American guy who came with the hawk, I think the bird's name was Spirit
Roadblock

Cobra:
Hooded Cobra Commander
Destro
Wild Weasel
Tomax
Xamot
Doc Mindbender
Baroness
Zartan

BountyHunterScum
11-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Joes: Snake Eyes,
Scarlett, Lady Jaye,
Duke.

Cobra: Storm Shadow,
Cobra Commander,
Baroness,
Destro.

DarkArtist
11-05-2007, 07:49 AM
Here's my Fav's

GI JOE:

1.) Flint
2.) Snake Eyes
3.) Stalker
4.) Scarlett
5.) Dusty
6.) Mercer
7.) Lt Falcon
8.) Sgt Slaughter
9.) Lady Jaye
10.) Barbaque

COBRA:

1.) Serpentor
2.) Crimson Guard
3.) COBRA Stinger Driver
4.) Zartan
5.) WORMS Driver
6.) Buzzer
7.) Dr. Mindbender
8.) Tomax and Zamot
9.) Baroness
10.) Destro

El Chuxter
11-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Snow Suited guy with a beard and skis (no idea what his name was, was he even a Joe or a Cobra?)

Are you ready for this name? It's even better than Skidmark (yes, a real Joe later on).

Snow Job

The dude who came with Mutt the Dogg

Mutt was the guy, and his dog was Junkyard. (Get it? Junkyard Dog? He was created by the guy who also gave us an Eskimo merc named Kwinn and gave a double-wink on the Dreadnoks by making their first names Tom, Dick, and Harry, and their last names Winken, Blinken, and Nod.)

Native American guy who came with the hawk, I think the bird's name was Spirit

Actually, Spirit was the dude. (He's often called Spirit Iron-Knife, throwing on his last name.) I think the eagle was Freedom.

TheRealDubya
11-05-2007, 01:06 PM
JOES:
1.) Cutter
2.) Blowtorch
3.) Snake-Eyes
4.) Ripcord
5.) Beachhead
6.) Shockwave
7.) Torpedo
8.) Snow Job
9.) Recondo
10.) Grunt

SNAKES:
1.) Firefly
2.) Major Bludd
3.) Destro
4.) Storm Shadow
5.) Snow Serpent
6.) Alley Viper
7.) Copperhead
8.) Zartan
9.) Wild Weasel
10. Hydro-Viper

BountyHunterScum
11-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Since the GI Joe topic has vanished, has anyone found more black timber snake eyes figures?

El Chuxter
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
It hasn't vanished. It's hiding in plain sight (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=29981&page=1). :)

But, no, I've not found any black Timbers. I've not even seen a gray Timber to replace my broken one. :(

BountyHunterScum
11-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Target had a few regular snake eyes. I don't really shop there much, the Short Pump store tends to have more crap. I oughta go to the target next to walmart at chippenham and forest hill. Much closer.

2-1B
11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
:) Chux, thanks for the info...that all makes sense now, except I don't remember Kwinn, maybe a pic of the fig would refresh my memory.

jjreason
11-05-2007, 07:21 PM
They never made a Kwinn figure, Caes - he was a comics-only character, and a short-lived one at that. Lots of fans of the comics (which were really, really good for quite a while) clamored ceaselessly for a Kwinn figure.... but it never came. :(

El Chuxter
11-05-2007, 08:08 PM
They actually did make a Kwinn, in the comic 3-packs a few years ago. He would've been a spectacular figure in the 80s, but by today's standards he (and most of the comic pack-in figures) sorta sucked.

2-1B
11-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up JR, I can't say I'm too familiar with the comics (save for Rocky's intended inclusion :grin: ).

I'm tolerant of other people's views but if anyone mentions something from GI Joe Extreme in their list...I will e-slap you. :D

El Chuxter
11-05-2007, 10:15 PM
See! Here he is (http://yojoe.com/action/04/trackerkwinn.shtml)! From 2004, so he's actually more recent than I thought.

The comic can be read here (http://www.hasbro.com/monkeybartv/default.cfm?page=Entertainment/Comics/ComicViewer&comic=1180). I highly recommend it.

TheRealDubya
11-07-2007, 12:34 PM
See! Here he is (http://yojoe.com/action/04/trackerkwinn.shtml)! From 2004, so he's actually more recent than I thought.

The comic can be read here (http://www.hasbro.com/monkeybartv/default.cfm?page=Entertainment/Comics/ComicViewer&comic=1180). I highly recommend it.

That issue rules. The Kwinn figure is one of my favorites, if only because I always wanted that guy as a kid; a 25th anniversary update would be awesome.