PDA

View Full Version : Yoda & Kybuck

Engineernerd
11-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey all,

I managed to score some new figures this weekend. Including the little green cowboy Yoda on a warm weather Taun Taun. Check out the usual pictures and words...wait, there are more pictures than normal. Anyway, check out my review here:

http://www.tvandfilmtoys.com/reviews/yoda_kybuck.asp

Enjoy!
Engineernerd

P.S. Thanks to everybody who has commented on the pics and site recently! It makes all the work worth it!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Nice review and pics!

Just so you know, though, the symbol on the back of his coin is the Jedi symbol, so it works.

jedibear
11-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Great review and pictures as usual, Engineernerd...

Wave 5 has been the most varied, creative and fun wave of this collection so far and these figures add to it.

It's interesting that Hasbro has chosen to go "real" with these characters from the "Clone Wars" cartoon. This rendition of Yoda and his steed are pretty good done this way, but I sure would like to have seen them (along with Roron Cobb) done in the "cartoon style" like the earlier waves of these characters were...

Still, as they are, they're a cool addition to the collection...

Engineernerd
11-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Nice review and pics!

Just so you know, though, the symbol on the back of his coin is the Jedi symbol, so it works.

Apparently, there's conflicting info on the web on this symbol. One place says it was used post ROTJ, another says it was always their symbol. Will have to do some more digging...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-05-2007, 06:42 PM
I've seen it used several places as the Jedi symbol for AOTC and ROTS-era marketing. I don't think it appears in the films . . . I know it's on one of Obi-Wan's shoulder pads in the CGI cartoon. It's possible that they also use it post-ROTJ (I'm not sure there) but I know for certain that they also used it in the prequel era.

Engineernerd
11-05-2007, 06:58 PM
It looks like there are two versions of it as well, one with and without (like the coin) the Republic logo. That Republic logo being the one that looks like the Imperial logo with 8 segments