PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race

OC47150
11-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Boy, I was glad that Ari was the first one out. He was the most arrogant prick (did I just write that?) I'd seen in a long time. I don't think I would've tuned in if he were on the show for too long. He was right: karma came around and bit him good. It was well deserved.

It's fun to see places on AR that you've actually visited.

And I don't think Hef would've liked it if the teams would've drove across the lawn at the Mansion.

pegger
11-05-2007, 03:20 PM
I missed the last 10 minutes - so I didn't see who lost. I like the no - non-elimination legs this year. Makes it much more interesting.

OC47150
11-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Ari and Stella were kicked off.

The donkey challenge almost did more than one team in.

TeeEye7
11-08-2007, 11:58 PM
I think Grandpa will crash and burn next. Poor guy doesn't have it physically. If he could harness his potty-mouth's energy, he'd win the whole thing with plenty to spare ;) !

OC47150
11-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I haven't laughed that hard over a TV episode in a very long time. Mr. Myagi talking too much to his daughter and Grandpa stripping down to his Speedo-like undies were just too much!!!

The pole vault roadblock was nasty!

UKWildcat
11-12-2007, 01:22 PM
I haven't been watching this season for whatever reason; well football is one of the reasons. I have been recording the episodes though, so I may watch them and try to catch up. Or I may just not bother with this season...

OC47150
11-12-2007, 08:48 PM
If you don't watch any other episode, UK, you need to see this week's. Too funny for words. :yes:

UKWildcat
11-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Okay, cool. I think I am going to catch up with the show considering we are most likely going to get a ton of reruns of everything else (with the strike and all).

I know there have only been two episodes thus far, but has the season been good?

TeeEye7
11-16-2007, 01:22 PM
IMO...it's a little slow in catching my interest this year. I haven't really developed an interest in one particular team, either. I think there's even more emphasis on the "drama" on the personal issues within the teams and each other this year, which *yawn*, I could care less about. I'd rather watch the strategy of the game unfold, than I would a soap opera. It may be turning into Jerry Springer meets Travelocity. :bored:

OC47150
11-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Lorena's meltdown on national TV was pretty good. Milking the camel didn't look that easy.

I think some of the ladies were a little obscene with their milking, too.

And the little boy Jennifer was teaching English to wasn't paying attention to her lessons, but her chest!

OC47150
12-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Karma bit the blondes in the butt! I won't miss them.

I mentioned to a friend: How much earlier to you think the goths have to get up to apply all their makeup? lol

Mr. Myagi still cracks me up. The daughter tells him that she loves him and he talks about pastries! Classic!!

He did take a beating in this episode, between the hernia acting up and the stilts.

OC47150
12-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Before this week's show aired, I knew who wouldn't get kicked off: the goths. They're from my area and hosted a viewing party at a local pizza joint. Figured if they were kicked off, there wouldn't be a party.

Hate to see the brother and sister gone. They were good players. Like so many others, transportation screwed them.

And Mr. Myagi came in first!! It is the season of miracles!!

OC47150
12-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Judging from how much camera time they were getting, I thought the goths would be gone. Vixen was definitely the stronger one of the two on that team.

When Mr. Myagi was waving Chris off during her ultraflight trip, he reminded me of an extra from Tora, Tora, Tora.

pegger
01-14-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm overall very satisifed with the way yesterday turned out. Those two (I can't even remember their name's - the couple eliminated last night) are SO TOXIC together. I was tired of their fighting.

So next weeks predictions:

Nicolas and Donald - While I think grampa is cool, the kid is a putz. I do give him credit for carrying most of the old, grampa is falling apart, and can't carry his own weight anymore. This is a decided disadvantage for their team, and why they won't win. I predict 3rd place for them.

Now 3rd was easy, 2nd and 1st are between:

Ronald and Christina - Wow, has their relationship improved. They have gone from squabbleing and fighting, to work well together. This will definately help them in the final leg (as well being a good hour ahead of everyone else). The only danger is if Ronald slips back into his old ways. The last leg is the most demanding, and stressful, but they definately have a shot.

TK and Rachel - OK - I want them to win. TK is SO laid back. This is what has kept them in the game to date. I don't think I've every seen them stressed. However, this is also a liability. It's OK to be stressed sometimes. Plus, they have been making a lot of STUPID mistakes. It seems to me in the Amazing Race, it's not so much other teams beating you that you need to worry about, it's you beating yourself.

As much as I want TK and Rachel to win it all, I think Ronald and Christina will win it. They are racing tight and solid. No huge mistakes, their relationship is functioning well, and they haven't really screwed anyone over, so there is no karma to come and bite them in the end.

Overall, this has been a decent season. Not the best ever, but enjoyable.

OC47150
01-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Guys, did you know it was Jen's birthday?? :yes:

Her getting kicked off was the bestest birthday present ever!!! :thumbsup:

I'd be satisfied with either of the teams winning. They've all done a good job.
And it's great that some older people are still in it.

I'm thinking the winning team will be between Mr. Myagi and Chris and TK and Rachel. Don's ran a good race but he's starting to wear down.

OC47150
01-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Boy, this was a close one!! I was rooting for Chris and Mr. Myagi to win, but I'm satisfied with TK and Rachel.

Did anyone understand that final puzzle? Was that confusing or what?

Very satisfying season overal.

Now I have to see if CBS is planning another season anytime soon.

UKWildcat
01-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Well I didn't get around to watching this season of TAR. I had most all of the episodes DVRed but because football (on CBS) would sometimes run over, not all of the episodes were complete. Therefore I decided to just scrap the entire season. Still glad to hear that it was a good season overall. I'll definitely watch the next one, which should air sooner rather than later, b/c it won't interfere with football.

OC47150
02-17-2008, 08:26 PM
The good news: CBS has ordered another season.

The bad news: We might have to wait until the fall for it. :sad:

OC47150
09-05-2008, 08:32 PM
FYI, the Travel Channel is re-airing last season's episodes on Wednesday nights. I caught Mr. Myagi and just smiled.

Can't wait for the new season!!

TeeEye7
09-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Can't wait for the new season!!

You betcha! One of the few shows on TV I actually make time to watch! :yes:

UKWildcat
09-07-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm gonna try and watch this season, but I have a feeling I won't stick with it because of football... like what happened last season. :(

OC47150
09-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I gave up the Simpsons for AR. Unless football runs over, then I can watch Homer and the gang.

UKWildcat
09-08-2008, 12:29 AM
I gave up on The Simpsons because it started sucking something fierce many years ago. ;)

OC47150
09-21-2008, 09:02 PM
One week to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UKWildcat
09-22-2008, 12:34 PM
I thought it started last night. Well, I guess that is a good thing since I didn't record it or anything. I am going to record it and try and keep up with it this season, but that may not last. Last season I didn't watch very many episodes, if any at all. Going up against football, along with shows on HBO and shows on SHO, and Family Guy, I just didn't have to time to watch it. But I'm gonna try and watch it this time around, as I really did miss the show. I'd say it is easily the best reality tv show, after Big Brother of course. ;)

TeeEye7
09-29-2008, 12:07 AM
I always behave badly with the first show because I mostly think about who I'd like to see eliminated next. And that would be:

Terrance & Sarah
Andrew & Dan
Ken & Tina

They're on the top of my Dill Weed List. :crazed:

Not a bad beginning show. I'm looking forward to the rest of the competition.

OC47150
09-29-2008, 08:59 AM
My first impression of Terrance and Sarah was, they seem like a nice couple. Then they turned into butt-heads. They didn't talk to us. So? Big deal!

I hated to see the hippies go. Arthur and Anita looked like an easy-going couple. I think they even smooched while going down the cargo net, but I don't think they had the stamina for the race.

I like the two older friends, the comic book geeks. One of the guys is connected with ComicCon somehow.

And Starr is some nice eye-candy, too. :yes:

OC47150
10-07-2008, 11:53 AM
To all future AR contestants: remember to read the instructions!

I thought it was funny the divorcees were digging in the sand while everyone else was leaving. Well, duh.

Terrance and Sarah do not have a healthy relationship. If she were smart, she'd ditch him...and soon.

Terrance bumping his head was pretty funny. It's bleeding and there wasn't a drop of blood.

Starr's a cutie, too.

pegger
10-07-2008, 01:07 PM
I can never get over the STUPID mistakes people make - the taxi is parked IN THE COMPOUND!!!

or when Terrance and Sarah ran off to find the taxi stand - and ran in the other direction???

Stress makes people STUPID.

OC47150
10-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Well, the geeks failed where so many other teams also failed: they didn't correctly read the clues/instructions!!

What's the divorcees beef with Star? Are they a little jealous that Starr's younger and better looking than they are?

The wooden bikes looked fun.

OC47150
11-10-2008, 09:08 PM
I wish Terrence would grow a set. He whines more than I don't know what.

Not surprised the divorcees were eliminated. They made way too many mistakes, the biggest of which was not reading the clues properly.

TeeEye7
11-20-2008, 10:48 PM
I wish Terrence would grow a set. He whines more than I don't know what.

Gone! :thumbsup:

OC47150
11-24-2008, 08:38 PM
I just have to laugh at the frat boys. They've made so many mistakes this season and are still kicking!

TeeEye7
11-24-2008, 08:57 PM
They're totally unbelievable! Every week, they're a train wreck with an angel on their shoulders. My wife and I were howling and in tears with Dan's attempt to march with the Soviet soldiers. Pvt. Joe Cocker reporting for duty, sir! lol

OC47150
11-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Dan proved that white men can't jump or march!

It was nice to see Star sweat a little too.

I think the race's winner will come down between Star and her brother or the mom and son team. They've played a good game, not too many mistakes.

TeeEye7
11-24-2008, 10:32 PM
I think the race's winner will come down between Star and her brother or the mom and son team. They've played a good game, not too many mistakes.

I agree. I think they are the two strongest teams. With the emphasis on the word team. They don't have "issues" like teams past and present that interfere with their abilities to run a good race. I hate that. Just put some good players on the show...we don't need the soap opera drama carp!

They're just smart players. What I like about the show is the uncertainty or just plain bad luck that can occur like Nick and Star had with taxi drivers in Moscow. You may be a smart player, but there's always a wrench ready to be thrown into the works!

OC47150
11-30-2008, 09:45 PM
I hate to see Dallas and his mom out. They played a good game. The frat boys are in the finals by luck alone.

The statue park resembled the one used in Goldeneye.

TeeEye7
12-01-2008, 04:52 PM
I simply can't believe the luck of the frat boys! :shakeshead:

Second place of all things. As I said before, I like the unknown factors of the game. You never know who will have good luck or just plain dumb luck.

It should be a very interesting final three for the race for the million.

I'm hoping Ken and Geritol Barbie come in last.....again!

OC47150
12-08-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm satisfied with the show's end results. Nick and Star ran a good, clean race. They seem like good kids.

I didn't think the frat boys had a chance after they cab mix-up. It would've been interesting to see them blunder through the picture challenge.

Boy, do I really want to go to Oregon and zip-line off the Bridge of the Gods!

AR is returning in February! I can't wait!!

TeeEye7
12-11-2008, 01:49 AM
I'm satisfied with the show's end results. Nick and Star ran a good, clean race. They seem like good kids.

Yep. It's nice to see the deserving team win. Look at all the legs they came in first. They dominated the race and were very gracious at the finish line.

OC47150
12-11-2008, 09:57 PM
I thought the producers would have a footnote/epilogue or something saying Dallas and his mom were stuck in Russia because of the missing passports. AR producers are good, but I guess not that good. :lipsrsealed:

TeeEye7
12-12-2008, 08:57 PM
I didn't see Dallas and his mom in the group of re-assembled teams when the final three teams came over the finish line. Were they there and I just missed them? I noted all the other teams except for them. :confused:

OC47150
12-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Marooned in Russia.

TeeEye7
12-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Marooned in Russia.

Or maybe the AR producers have started a new show: Dallas and Mom's Escape from the Gulag. ;)

OC47150
02-04-2009, 08:12 PM
There's a team from my area on the new AR!!!

OC47150
02-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Oh, this is going to be a fun season. The hillbillies need to stay in as long as possible just for the laugh factor.

I liked the new format: less airport time, getting to the destinations quicker.

TeeEye7
02-16-2009, 01:18 AM
I liked the new format: less airport time, getting to the destinations quicker.

So do I. I also like the split-screen use as well: showing contestants and scenery. It was good seeing Switzerland again. Mrs. TI7 and I made a trip there (and Austria) for our 2nd anniversary. That was in the olden days when I was working part time for American Airlines.

The hillbillies are doomed, but we can always hope that they will be this season's "Frat Boys" and hold on by the skin of their teeth every episode!

I'm still sizing the teams up as to a favorite. Still too early to tell. However, it's not to early to tell who I don't like! :cheeky:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2009, 01:26 AM
It's definitely weird seeing Mike White on this show. I had no idea he was gay; he's exactly like his character in School of Rock (or Freaks and Geeks) but more effeminate. Even though this show now has a pseudo-celebrity, it's still miles above the other reality shows (hopefully Tila Tequila won't show up next year :dead: ;) ). It was good to see it on again tonight.

OC47150
02-16-2009, 01:20 PM
It's definitely weird seeing Mike White on this show. I had no idea he was gay; he's exactly like his character in School of Rock (or Freaks and Geeks) but more effeminate.

I read somewhere Mike got hooked on the show during last year's writer's strike.

I've been to southern Germany and Austria, so I'm looking forward to next week's episode.

TeeEye7
02-23-2009, 09:00 AM
The poor hillbillies were beaten by the mountains. How ironic!

And the blond flight attendants are living up to the stereotype.

Actually, a somewhat boring episode IMO. Next one looks to be a bit melodramatic for my tastes, too, with all the personality traits colliding among the teams. Been there, done that, producers. Let's get creative already!

OC47150
02-23-2009, 07:12 PM
The poor hillbillies were beaten by the mountains. How ironic!

Very ironic! Just a different set of mountains were their downfall.

The ep was okay, but it was a little lacking. I thought the winning team got to the pit stop awful fast, like one challenge was cut out.

OC47150
03-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Ah, the hillbillies would've been at home with the gypsy challenge!!

And if I were racing, I'd have to choose the vampire challenge just 'cause you're in Transylvania.

Victor has control issues. He has to be in control at all times, whether he's right or wrong. And he was definitely in the wrong Sunday night by hiking up the wrong side of the mountain. If he were my brother, I would've slugged him.

And the older couple got screwed with the transportation issues. But that's happened to so many others. If it were a non-elimination round, there was no way they could've caught up.

OC47150
03-09-2009, 11:21 AM
I will miss Kris and Amanda. They were a strong team, ran a good race. I could see where they might be perceived as a threat, but getting the blind U-turn? I dunno.

TeeEye7
03-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I thought it was an uncalled-for move. Margaret and Luke have just put a target on their backs. Dumb move. We'll see how long they'll last now. I bet they've blown any trust they've had with the other contestants. They're on their own.

As an aside: I'd really like to have tried that bobsled!

TeeEye7
03-16-2009, 11:11 AM
OK producers, what's up? Another boring episode!

The only highlight was the Russian brides. Gorgeous!

....and what's up showing Phil in his underwear?

OC47150
03-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Victor's gotta go...and soon. Something about him just rubs me wrong.

I really like the brothers. But last week, it's beyond me how they could've blown such a big lead.

OC47150
03-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Yea, Victor's came in first two weeks in a row. :upset:

Dumb move on the brothers' part. They had this leg of the race in the bag and they did a bonehead move like mixing the bike pumps up.

I will miss Mike and Mel. Not the strongest team, but they worked well together. And they had a fun time with the secret drawer challenge, too, while the one cheerleader was hateful, nasty.

UKWildcat
03-31-2009, 10:01 PM
Just to let you guys know - I have been watching this season, and have been enjoying it. Its the first full season I have watched in what seems like years.

:love::love::love:Jamie. :love::love::love:

TeeEye7
03-31-2009, 11:04 PM
I just looked up Jamie's profile on cbs.com.

I now understand her personality. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand it. (Big reference to her antics during the secret drawer challenge). Patience is not a cop's best asset, but it should be. (...and yes, I speak from experience...)

UKWildcat
03-31-2009, 11:16 PM
I just looked up Jamie's profile on cbs.com.

I now understand her personality. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand it. (Big reference to her antics during the secret drawer challenge). Patience is not a cop's best asset, but it should be. (...and yes, I speak from experience...)

She's a COP?!?!?!?! I would have never guessed that.

I'd love for her to punish me while shes wearing a black leather police outfit. :whip:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2009, 12:19 AM
I get Jamie and Cara mixed up . . . which one was being mean? I thought that Cara was the *****y one during the drawer challenge and that Jamie was the one who ran in her skivvies.

It was sad to see Mel and Mike go, but oh well.

UKWildcat
04-01-2009, 12:46 AM
I get Jamie and Cara mixed up . . . which one was being mean? I thought that Cara was the *****y one during the drawer challenge and that Jamie was the one who ran in her skivvies.

Jamie is the hotter one who b*tches all the time and hates people who speak foreign languages. Cara was running in her skivvies. In other words, you had them mixed up.

Cara is nice too, but that Jamie is on fire!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Jamie is the hotter one who b*tches all the time and hates people who speak foreign languages. Cara was running in her skivvies. In other words, you had them mixed up.

Cara is nice too, but that Jamie is on fire!
Ah, okay, thanks. Cara was a little soft-looking during the Russia run and Jamie is a bit of a see you in tee. They're not too bad, though. I like Tammy better in that regard.

TeeEye7
04-03-2009, 11:10 AM
I'd love for her to punish me while shes wearing a black leather police outfit. :whip:

Careful what you wish for! Tasers are the "in" things with cops these days...at least they are with my agency. :shocked:

What's buzzin' cousin!

OC47150
04-03-2009, 08:15 PM
I just sitting here, laughing my butt off, about the banter involving Jamie. Thanks for the good laugh.

Maybe Jamie could taser Victor out of first for us. :whip:

TeeEye7
04-04-2009, 07:38 PM

Upon further reflection, it might be fun to be frisked by her.

UKWildcat
04-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Upon further reflection, it might be fun to be frisked by her.

Now you're talkin'!!! :yes:

OC47150
04-14-2009, 08:48 PM
The stuntmen must be born under a cluster of unlucky stars. They just can't get a break!

And if the kareoke cab ever makes it to America, we're in trouble. :yes: But it does look like fun.

UKWildcat
04-14-2009, 10:08 PM
I thought it was hilarious that the little guys were completely oblivious to the fact that they were riding around with and singing/entertaining trannies. lol

They love breaking them rules too.

Good ep.

TeeEye7
04-15-2009, 11:47 AM
How much longer do you think until LaKisha and Jennifer implode? They lucked out with the non-elimination this time.

Can we all just get along?

TeeEye7
04-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Last night was a good episode! :thumbsup:lol

I was hoping Jennifer would get Luke in a headlock and smash his head into the turnbuckle.....and then go to work on Margie. Those two really make my butt hurt.

UKWildcat
04-20-2009, 07:48 PM
The little guys were doomed from the get-go.

The only remaining team I like is.... *drum roll*.... you guessed it, Jaime and Cara!

The Asian couple have gotten on my last nerve. Them speaking Chinese and communicating with the locals in China was just down right obnoxious. I wanted to strangle them.

I don't really care for the black sisters. They are competitive, but they aren't doing anything for me.

I find Margie and Luke to be rather annoying.

I thought it was pretty messed up that Luke wished they would go to a country where everyone was deaf and had to sign to communicate, so they would have the advantage (like the Asians had in China with the language). Who wishes for something like that?

Hopefully Jaime and Cara will win. If not, I will be disappointed.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-21-2009, 04:49 PM
I hate all the teams except for Tammy and Victor. Luke really is a *****, and I thought that Margie's comment about LaKisha and Jennifer being black was a little over the top.

The Asian couple have gotten on my last nerve. Them speaking Chinese and communicating with the locals in China was just down right obnoxious. I wanted to strangle them.
I didn't think it was obnoxious; they were just using their knowledge and having fun.

I thought it was pretty messed up that Luke wished they would go to a country where everyone was deaf and had to sign to communicate, so they would have the advantage (like the Asians had in China with the language). Who wishes for something like that?
Ah, he was just joking around. I think that, after spending a long time in countries where they don't speak English, you'd want to go somewhere where you could talk to the locals, too.

That's one of the things I hate about Jaime. Why does she always get mad at people who don't speak English? What a privileged, xenophobic idiot.

OC47150
04-21-2009, 07:56 PM
We all know from watching enough of these eps that it can get hectic when more than one team reaches the clue box at the same time. There is pushing and shoving. It's part of the game.

That said, Jen's comment was out of line, as was Margie's comments. Tempers flared, words were exchanged. We're looking at three of the final four teams, and things will only get nastier in the home stretch. I know neither team will let the issue rest, but it should be buried there in China.

The little Chinese guy eating there at the mat sure got an earful!

I didn't see anything wrong with Victor and Tammy speaking Chinese to help them. It's no different than Romber using their fame to speed them along in the All Star edition from several years ago.

Yes, the little guys were doomed. They had missteps all along the game.

UKWildcat
04-21-2009, 08:58 PM
I didn't think it was obnoxious; they were just using their knowledge and having fun.

I'm sorry, but I find their smugness to be very obnoxious.

Ah, he was just joking around. I think that, after spending a long time in countries where they don't speak English, you'd want to go somewhere where you could talk to the locals, too.

I'm sure he was just kidding, but it was still a strange thing to hear none-the-less. lol

Why does she always get mad at people who don't speak English? What a privileged, xenophobic idiot.

You kind of answered your question above. I think she just gets frustrated and wants to go somewhere people understand her. I don't condone the way she communicates with others, but I can understand it. I have to deal with it pretty regularly at work, but I don't get all bent out of shape. I try and understand the foreigner and communicate with them in a civil manner. It does get frustrating at times, no doubt - I just try to take the time and not let it bother me, which I'm sure is difficult to do during a race. Jamie, however, just has no patience, and very little manners; this doesn't bode well.

She is still hotter than all get out though. :love:

OC47150
04-21-2009, 09:28 PM
You kind of answered your question above. I think she just gets frustrated and wants to go somewhere people understand her. I don't condone the way she communicates with others, but I can understand it. I have to deal with it pretty regularly at work, but I don't get all bent out of shape. I try and understand the foreigner and communicate with them in a civil manner. It does get frustrating at times, no doubt - I just try to take the time and not let it bother me, which I'm sure is difficult to do during a race. Jamie, however, just has no patience, and very little manners; this doesn't bode well.

It was pretty funny that she turned to the Chinese dance instructors and asked 'huh?'

OC47150
04-26-2009, 10:12 PM
First time in a couple of seasons that we get a continuation and not a pit stop.

Even though they're not my favorite team, I had to feel for Kisha and Jen. Swimming wasn't their forte but I'm glad to see them finish.

And I don't know if I could've squeezed by big butt into one of those swim suits.

TeeEye7
04-27-2009, 12:49 PM
....and we get a preview of Jamie's incessant intolerance of people.

What a shame!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-27-2009, 02:28 PM
That diving must have been really frustrating. I liked the episode, but everything they did was painful to watch, from the foot rubs to the water tasks really taking a toll on people. And then they don't even get to rest yet! Sheesh . . .

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-30-2009, 10:21 PM
A double post is warranted to point out that, during the last episode, I noticed that Jaime has a rather noticeable Adam's apple. Narsty!!!

TeeEye7
05-04-2009, 12:25 AM
I heard of losing by a hair, but never losing by a pee.....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-04-2009, 01:30 AM
I heard of losing by a hair, but never losing by a pee.....
That was such a dumb move! I think I could hold it a little longer if I had a million dollars on the line!!!

I really want Tammy and Victor to win. DEFINITELY not Jaime and Cara, but I might be fine with Margie and Luke, even though they've both been annoying the past few weeks.

TeeEye7
05-04-2009, 12:34 PM
I really want Tammy and Victor to win. DEFINITELY not Jaime and Cara, but I might be fine with Margie and Luke, even though they've both been annoying the past few weeks.

I'll have to agree. They've done well consistently. The cheerleaders are an embarrassment. Never cared for the way Margie and Luke played the game.

As we know....anything can happen, though.

UKWildcat
05-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I still want Jamie and Cara to win. Though I will admit, Jamie is a complete b*tch. Her attitude towards others is just plain embarrassing, as you mentioned TI.

But I really hate the other teams. Can't stand them Chinamen. Margie and Chewy (I know, I'm going to hell) just b*tch and moan the whole time.

And, I would like it if an all-girl team won for the first time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-04-2009, 03:14 PM
It always seems like the team that gets along with each other, treats everyone else well, and actually enjoys themselves is the one that wins. So, that means Tammy and Victor will win, if history repeats itself, but anything can happen.

OC47150
05-04-2009, 08:06 PM
But we get to see Jamie and Cara in bikinis next week!!! :lipsrsealed:

If it came down to winning or losing a race because of peeing, I would've peed myself.

Margie telling Luke she looked like Alice Cooper was great.

If Kesha and Jen were in the final three, they wouldn't have won. They got by on a lot of luck.

I'd rather see Tammy than Victor win. Victor's attitude isn't the greatest. It needs an adjustment.

OC47150
05-10-2009, 09:11 PM
The surfboard memory challenge just proved too much for Luke. :sad:

Tammy and Victor ran a good clean race. Victor's attitude did change during the course of the race.

Tammy and Victor and Jaime and Cara added an extra spice to their pigs: sea salt! :yes:

And Jaime and Cara looked pretty good in their bikinis.

It was a good season. I will miss AR during the summer but look forward to its return this fall.

UKWildcat
05-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Boooooo.... Hissssss.... Boooooo....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-14-2009, 12:51 AM
It always seems like the team that gets along with each other, treats everyone else well, and actually enjoys themselves is the one that wins. So, that means Tammy and Victor will win, if history repeats itself, but anything can happen.
All I can say here is QFT. ;)

I finally watched this since I was out of town when it aired. I'm really glad that Tammy and Victor won. That surfboard thing must have been frustrating as hell for Luke, since it seemed like a repeat of the Chekhov thing earlier in the season.

Now I'm just looking forward to next season!

TeeEye7
05-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Better late than never, I guess.

Finally got to see the finale last night after Mrs. TI7 and I fired up the DVR.

I wasn't really surprised that Tammy and Victor won. Their luck held throughout the game. Cara and Jamie's bad luck with taxis held, too. If their driver didn't waste time going to the wrong place and then getting gas, I think the results may have very well shifted in their favor as they did well with the final task IMO.

OC47150
09-10-2009, 07:50 PM
New season starts Sept. 27!!! Two hours!!!!

OC47150
09-27-2009, 10:28 PM
This is going to be a good season. We have a villian (or douche bag) in Lance, and, IMO, the poker players are pretty unlikeable. Zev is going to be an interesting player to watch.

I hated to see the yoga instructors go so early. I hope they get the free around-the-world trip.

TeeEye7
09-28-2009, 05:11 PM
I hated to see the yoga instructors go so early. I hope they get the free around-the-world trip.

I thought that was brutal (but cool) to have an elimination at the start. What a twist! It's just thinning out the herd early, I guess.

As for Zev: what planet is he from, anyway!? I agree, he's one to watch!

OC47150
10-04-2009, 09:34 PM
My dislikeness for Lance continues to grow. What a butthead!! You gotta wonder how long he'll be engaged after the show is over.

Still not too fond of the poker players. Tiffany definitely isn't pulling her weight.

TeeEye7
10-05-2009, 12:33 AM
My dislikeness for Lance continues to grow. What a butthead!! You gotta wonder how long he'll be engaged after the show is over.

Still not too fond of the poker players. Tiffany definitely isn't pulling her weight.

Lance and Keri are a train wreck. They are just waiting for the ultimate collision. I can't believe Lance ever passed a state bar to become a lawyer.

OC47150
10-11-2009, 10:01 PM
I was thinking, from how CBS revealed who the unlucky pair were earlier in the week, that Zev would find his passport. What a way to go out.

Lance is still an ***.

TeeEye7
10-12-2009, 02:13 AM
Dumb luck is still a big part of the race.

The loss of Zev's passport reminded me of Cara and Jaime's luck with taxis in last year's finale.

....and yes, I can't wait to see Lance crash and burn!

OC47150
10-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Ding, dong, Lance is gone!!!! He and Keri made waaaaay toooo many mistakes tonight. I thought, for a second, that Phil would say it was a non-elimination round.

Ski Dubai is a sight to see.

TeeEye7
10-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Boil that Lance! :lipsrsealed:

Glad to see him gone, too. Mika and Canaan might be the next to implode.

.....Cheyne is getting on my nerves as is boo-hoo Megahn. Get a grip!

OC47150
10-26-2009, 09:18 PM
It was a water slide, for goodness sake!!!! What a way to go out.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Indeed. Not quite as bad as the "wait, I have to pee" thing from a few years ago, but still one of the worst eliminations.

OC47150
11-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Yea! The poker players are gone!!!! I liked Tiffany but Maria was dead weight. She didn't do any challenges and was pretty useless.

Right now, I'd like to see the Globetrotters win. They have a great attitude and seem to be enjoying themselves.

OC47150
11-08-2009, 09:36 PM
The infamous hay bale challenge. I remember that one from last time.

Glad to see Matt and Gary still in the race.

TeeEye7
11-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Glad to see Matt and Gary still in the race.

Me, too. I like the way they work together. Looks like they are in for problems next week, tho.

My vote is for the Globetrotters to take it all. They are have fun instead of issues while competing.

OC47150
11-09-2009, 07:37 PM
The time difference between the Globetrotters and Matt and Gary is going to really hamper Matt and Gary. But they could catch up to everyone because of a flight.

OC47150
11-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Anyone notice that Sam and Dan were a little excited while playing volleyball?
Too funny.

I'll miss Matt and Gary.

The sauna bus looks like a cool thing to bring to the states.

TeeEye7
11-17-2009, 04:16 AM
I'm tired of Sam and Dan. I'm tired of Ken and Barbie. I've got respect for Brian and Ericka, but......

Go Globetrotters!

After last episode, someone needs to knock Sam and Dan's collective chubbies in the dirt....

OC47150
11-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Ah, Sam and Dan are starting to bicker at each other. Love it.

Taking Brian and Erika's cab wasn't cool, even though the cabbie was okay with it.

OC47150
11-30-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm heartbroken to see the Globetrotters go. The four-hour penalty killed them.

Dan is scum. He won't be forgotten for not helping Flight Time and Big Easy.

TeeEye7
12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I only watched the very last few minutes of the Race last night to see who would win. I lost interest after the Globetrotters were eliminated. They are a class act. So are Ericka and Brian for the most part. Ken and Barbie will be a future train wreck together (it's all about Cheyne. Maybe Meghan will see that.) and the brothers are worthless.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-07-2009, 02:58 PM
I liked the Globetrotters, but they weren't the brightest bulbs in the bunch (Franz? Really, how hard is that?!). Brian and Ericka were probably my favorites to win going in to the finale, but her childish behavior at the Cirque du Soleil event was annoying as all hell. Sam and Dan were fine until they started backstabbing the other teams, and Meghan and Cheyne reminded me way too much of my old roommate and his girlfriend.

OC47150
12-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Anyone other than the brothers winning was fine with me.

There was a point last night, when the brothers got to the chip-counting challenge first, that I thought they might win. But I thought again: they'll fight and self-destruct. I was right.

The boys not thinking of Wayne Newton's name was funny.

Can't wait until the next season.

OC47150
12-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Remember Jamie from a season or two ago? She's Miss January.

http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/2009/12/playboy-amazing-race-finalist-jaime-edmonson-is-miss-january-2010.html

Now, if I remember correctly, she didn't have the best attitude.

OC47150
01-24-2010, 07:54 PM
It's back on Valentine's Day!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100121/ap_on_en_tv/us_tv_amazing_race16

OC47150
02-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Great ep! It's nice to see that Jordan's IQ hadn't increased since her time away from TV.

I don't care for the two catty ladies, and if you watched, you know which ones I'm talking about. :yes:

Really liked the two cowboys. Need to keep them around for as long as possible just to hear what comes out of their mouths.

pegger
02-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Great ep! It's nice to see that Jordan's IQ hadn't increased since her time away from TV.

I don't care for the two catty ladies, and if you watched, you know which ones I'm talking about. :yes:

Really liked the two cowboys. Need to keep them around for as long as possible just to hear what comes out of their mouths.

No kidding on Jordan. Everytime she speaks I can't help think "Well. bless her heart...."

OC47150
02-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Gotta love the cowboys. Two good-natured good-old boys out seeing the world. I hope they go far.

Really dislike Carol and Brandy. Catty, mean-spirited.

God love Jordan. She's not the brightest bulb but you can't help but like her.

And Granny: never on national TV tell everyone that you're doing the show with your favorite grandchild. The rest of the grandkids will not let you forget that!! NEVER!!!

OC47150
03-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Still lovin' the cowboys. Good, strong team. I wouldn't count them out.

The polo-type challenge looked harder than it seemed. Just like the golf challenge from last season.

OC47150
03-07-2010, 09:30 PM
I had a feeling this would be a non-elimination round. Glad Jeff and Jordo are round for another week.

Wish I knew about the Beatles-Platz when I visited Hamburg. Drove by the red-light district but didn't stop.

OC47150
03-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Even not being U-turned, I don't think Joe and Heidi would've lasted much longer with Joe's bum knee. I don't particular care for when someone is U-turned but it did humble Joe.

The AR gods were definitely smiling on Jeff and Jordan. I thought for sure they were gone.

Another I've added to my bucket list: go to France and tour the trench system tour site. That looked fun!

TeeEye7
03-19-2010, 11:46 AM
I've not seen one episode this go-round. That sucks! Too many irons in the fire lately......

OC47150
03-22-2010, 08:46 PM
I've not seen one episode this go-round. That sucks! Too many irons in the fire lately......

You're missing a good one, TeeEye.

To paraphrase 3PO, Jeff and Jordan were doomed. Just too many little mistakes mounted up.

The cops might be the team to beat. Three first-places in a row!

TeeEye7
03-23-2010, 04:51 AM
Mrs. TI7 and I have recorded all episodes. We just need time away from our distractors to watch!

OC47150
03-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Jet and Cord, you're disappointing me! You're a strong team but are making too many stupid little mistakes! Get it together, boys!!

And did Caite play with her boobs on national TV?

OC47150
04-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Yee ha, Cowboys!!!! What a way to come back!

The coach and daughter just made some dumb basic mistakes. They were a competitive team, and I would've liked to see them get a little further along in the game.

OC47150
04-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Yea, Carol and Brandy are gone!!!!! They had a bad/negative/nasty attitude since day one. They acted more like first-graders than grown women, IMO.

At this point, I think it's anyone's game to win.

OC47150
04-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Glad the cops are still in it. I kinda had a feeling they would be since there are at least two more weeks of show left.

I don't know what would've been more difficult: the noodles, the model or the puzzle. I think the puzzle would've been challenging even without the wind.

TeeEye7
04-26-2010, 11:51 AM
I finally saw about 20 minutes of AR for the first time this season. Hopefully, I can see the next two episodes in their entirety. Looks like I've missed a good one :sad:

OC47150
04-26-2010, 08:28 PM
I finally saw about 20 minutes of AR for the first time this season. Hopefully, I can see the next two episodes in their entirety. Looks like I've missed a good one :sad:

It has been a satisfying season.

TeeEye7
04-27-2010, 04:04 AM
Wouldn't you know it! Oh, well maybe I can see the finish.
Since the layoffs at work, I'm either working my nalgas off or recuperating from the bazillion hours we have to work to make up the difference.

Major Karr
05-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Sorry to see the cops lose out...had hoped it would be the "models", cowboys and them. Looks like it ends in San Fran with a Star Wars challenge - virtual reality clone troopers!

OC47150
05-03-2010, 08:33 PM
I will miss Louie and Michael. They are a stronger team than Jordan and Dan, who kinda get on my nerves.

I'm behind the cowboys 100 percent!!

Yea, San Fran and Skywalker Ranch! What a way to end the season!!

OC47150
05-09-2010, 09:06 PM
I can live with Dan and Jordan winning, although I was rooting for the cowboys. I was just waiting for Phil to penalize Dan and Jordan for moving into first-class.

Boy, Brandy is still bitter. Let it go, lady!!!! You lost!!!!!

The inside look at ILM was very cool.

A very satisfying season indeed. Now we have to wait four or five months for next season to start. :cry:

OC47150
09-01-2010, 08:30 PM
The new cast has been announced.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/09/the-amazing-race-meet-the-new-cast.html

TeeEye7
09-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Probably the smartest team gets eliminated first?

And the dumbest team just get by?

No doctor on scene when someone probably suffers a concussion?

This will be interesting......

TeeEye7
10-07-2010, 04:10 AM
I'll pass on ever going to Ghana....

No spit for me, thanks...

TeeEye7
10-11-2010, 01:16 AM
Hooray for the non-elimination round.

*freep freep freep freep* No one else is watching this year?

TeeEye7
11-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Amazing! I must be the only one tuned in this year.

I'm so lonely.......

OC47150
11-08-2010, 07:48 PM
No you're not! I'm still watching!! :yes:

Good ep last night. I like the home shopping gals. They're having a good time on the race and it shows. They were smart to go back and walk the route. Too bad Kevin and Michael couldn't get the message.

Weren't the tattoo couple supposed to do a speed bump?

OC47150
11-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Hated to see Mallory and dad go home. I really liked them. They ran a good clean race, didn't offend anyone.

At this point, I'd like to see Brooke and Claire win. They've made this season very enjoyable to watch, and they've had fun.

OC47150
11-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Nick and Vicki are, like, the luckiest Amazing Race runners, like, ever to compete in the show, like. Based on, like, Nick's behavior alone, like, they should've been gone. :grin:

TeeEye7
12-01-2010, 04:13 AM
No kidding! These knuckleheads have nine lives! Far better teams have been eliminated and these two keep on going! Unbelievable!

OC47150
12-09-2010, 09:57 PM
I'd really like to see one of the all-lady teams win. Thomas is just too much of a butt. Ran a good game, but a butt.

OC47150
12-12-2010, 09:57 PM
SPOILER

Nice to see the all-female teams come in first and second. Glad to see Thomas run into a roadblock. It's kinda funny: the biggest language barrier he encounters is in L.A.

Next season looks really good. Can't wait for February!

TeeEye7
12-13-2010, 02:16 AM
I can't complain about the results. Early on I had hoped that Gary and Mallory (father-daughter team) would win. When they were eliminated I was pulling for Brook and Claire. Still, seeing the docs win was acceptable. Good solid, team.

I agree about next season. It's nice to see the second chance given.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-13-2010, 11:48 AM
I wasn't able to catch every episode due to a busy schedule this semester, but I've seen a few, and I'm glad the doctors won. It's always the team who treats each other with respect and takes the time to take in what's happening that wins.

TeeEye7
02-21-2011, 01:29 PM
"You're still racing....", said Phil.

GO Globetrotters! GO Gary and Mallory!

OC47150
02-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Still don't like Cara and the other red head. Well, the mouthy red-head more than the other.

C'mon, cowboys, get with it!

TeeEye7
02-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Still don't like Cara and the other red head. Well, the mouthy red-head more than the other.

I agree. I hope they implode soon. They're only on for four reasons, anyway.

OC47150
03-01-2011, 08:31 PM
I really thought Mike and his dad were going to drop out because of the dad's health issues. I think their days are numbered, but they will last a few more legs.

Also thought the Asian dad and daughter were going out.

OC47150
03-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Well, Mike and Mel didn't last too much longer, did they? The mud challenge really took a toll on them physically.

Jamie and Cara were lucky, and I hope they recognize that.

OC47150
03-14-2011, 09:42 PM
I almost peed my pants laughing at Ron snacking his way across China. Too funny!

TeeEye7
03-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Ron does like his soul food. Will the Goths pull off a miracle?

TeeEye7
03-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Get the red out!
Intolerant, arrogant...not at all sorry to see them go. Now or before.

OC47150
03-21-2011, 07:20 PM
The goths are from my area. For the last two Sundays, they've had a viewing party at the local Hooters (I know, go ahead and laugh) except this Sunday, which made me think they were goners. I was wrong.

I can tolerate Cara better than Jamie.

I think I'd have a problem with the dinosaur model.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this season.

OC47150
03-27-2011, 09:47 PM
I think I would've been just as frustrated as Luke with the tea challenge. You have to give him credit: he didn't give up. I liked the fact that the Indian workers congratulated him after he passed.

I'll miss Luke and Margie.

TeeEye7
04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Now Ron can go home and make is stomach happy by eating to his heart's content.

OC47150
04-17-2011, 09:45 PM
I will miss Ron and his appetite. : D

What's with the cowboys and airplanes this season?

OC47150
04-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Good gravy, the cowboys are gone. I will miss them. I really can't agree with the Globetrotters' decision to U-turn Jet and Cord. I guess the cowboys were closer behind them than it looked.

At this point, the only team I don't want to win is Kent and Vixen. Mostly because of Kent, the woosiest man (and I use that term very loosely) on TV.

OC47150
05-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Yea, Kent and Vyxen are gone! Kent's negative attitude was a real downer. And I would've paid good money to see Big Easy squash Kent.

OC47150
05-08-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm satisfied with the ending. Any of the three teams could've won and I would've been happy. The girls ran a good clean race. I don't know if I could've biked seven miles either.

I felt Zev and what's his name's pain in Rio. Kelly Clarkson indeed!

TeeEye7
05-09-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm satisfied with the ending.

Me too. Good players, little controversy with them...just the way the race should be. Also shows how much luck (with regards to choice of Road Blocks) factors into the entire running of the race; up to the last minute.

OC47150
05-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Was the lady docs last season the first all-female winning team?

It's about time that a parent-child team wins.

TeeEye7
05-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Was the lady docs last season the first all-female winning team?

Yep.

Found this site on past winners:
http://www.amazingracefanwiki.com/page/Amazing+Race+Winners

OC47150
10-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Enjoying the season so far. The double elimination was a good twist.

OC47150
10-17-2011, 08:43 PM
I knew the beach chair and umbrella challenge would be rough. I wouldn't've done it.

OC47150
10-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Zac and Laurence haven't played a good game for being self-proclaimed adventurers. I could see where they had some concern about the bus, but boy, what a mistake!

I liked the girls but they were just too far behind the leaders to make up the time and the speed bump.

OC47150
11-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Poor Cindy can't get a break. : (

Even though I think the snowboarders have the best chance of winning, I think the grandparents should be looked at as real contenders.

OC47150
01-25-2012, 03:41 PM
New AR cast announced.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/01/the-amazing-race-new-cast-includes-big-brothers-rachel-reilly-brendon-villegas.html

It will be interesting to watch Rachel and Brendon, and to see how many breakdowns Rachel has.

OC47150
02-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Good start to the new season so far. Nice twist on the parachute roadblock.

OC47150
03-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Tough ep. I don't know what challenge would've been easier: building a pryamid of watermelons or stringing a harp.

OC47150
03-13-2012, 02:45 PM
The border patrol agents aren't my favorite team. They could go down as one of the most arrogant and self-confident teams in history of the show. But their gesture to Bopper was nice

Gotta love Rachel's meltdowns. If Brendan had a brain, he'd cut bait and leave right now.

OC47150
03-22-2012, 09:07 AM
The border patrol boys are a force to reckon with! No missteps. They could win it.

I chuckled every time when one of the teams pronounced it Lude-wing, not Ludwing.

When I was in Germany in '95, we had the choice to visit Neuschwanstein or Eagle's Nest/Obersalzburg, Hitler's Bavarian retreat. We went to Eagle's Nest. From people I know who've visited Neuschwanstein, that walk from the parking lot to the castle is killer, and it's extremely crowded in the summer.

OC47150
04-11-2012, 10:04 PM
The border patrol team's true colors are starting to show. I used to really like them, but not so much these days.

OC47150
04-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Really disliking Art and JJ. They're a pair of arrogant pricks. Don't care much for Major Dave, either. A little condonscending to the wife.

I would've liked to have seen Nary and Jamie go further. They're a decent team.

Loved that the teams took the time to enjoy the safari.

OC47150
04-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Mark and Bopper are the luckiest sons of guns. I just had a feeling that this would be a non-elimination round.

And to be honest, I couldn't do the dance routine, either. White men can't jump or dance.

OC47150
04-29-2012, 11:05 PM
When Vanessa fell, I thought, hope she doesn't pop one of her breast implants.

For the record, I would've had my head shaven in a heartbeat.

OC47150
05-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Random thoughts on the finale:

* Glad Rachel finally grew a set and told Major Dave where to go a couple of times. His arrogance was getting on my nerves.

* I knew Vanessa and Ralph would be eliminated, judging from Vanessa's ankle injury. And that was before the closeup on the swollen and purple ankle.

* When it looked like Art and JJ had a chance to win, I handed the remote off so I wouldn't be tempted to throw it at the TV.

* I don't feel sorry from Brendan and Rachel. She has her Big Brother winnings still!

OC47150
10-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Enjoying this season so far. Fun to watch the simple little mistakes the teams are making.

Still too early to predict who might win. I like the rockers but they have to pay more attention to details.

OC47150
10-14-2012, 10:26 PM
I've stated this multiple times over the years, but I truly think Gary and Will are the luckiest team on the AR. At the bottom two weeks in a row and still squeak by. The Monster Truckers made an uncalled for play, IMO.

I had a feeling the Blondes would be gone because of one of their comments on the train about them being better/smarter/faster than the other bottom-dwelling teams.

OC47150
10-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I really liked David and Goliath, but the odds were against them. Since the beginning, they were running at the back and it finally caught up with them. The little guy had spirit and a don't-give-up attitude. I liked that.

OC47150
11-05-2012, 01:26 PM
I don't know if I will miss the monster truckers or not. They started out likeable but changed during the course of the game, particularly Rick. I know it's a game but you can play with class.

Jaymes and James should be glad they're handsome, 'cause they're lacking in the brains department! They keep getting breaks, but those lucky breaks will eventually stop.

The twin sisters are really getting on my nerves.

And we know why Ryan is divorced: he's an ***!!

OC47150
11-12-2012, 08:34 AM
I really like the rockers, but boy they just can't catch a break! The one's hobbling around in pain and now the passport issue.

OC47150
11-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Minus the passport issue, I don't think the rockers could've lasted much longer. Abba's knee was taking its toll.

The Russian dance was a challenge made for Jaymes and James.

OC47150
11-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Can't say I'll miss Ryan and Abi. Okay, Abi more than Ryan. Ryan was too obsessed with winning the $2 mil. And if he were in Jaymes and James' position, Ryan would've screwed someone over, too.

BTW, I've had trouble at the Frankfurt airport, too. Five hour mechanical delay, so I can relate.

Jaymes is playing for a noble cause. I'd like to see the guys win just because of that.

The sisters are just plain annoying.

OC47150
12-04-2012, 08:12 PM
The sisters were really getting on my nerves. I was cheering that they would be eliminated, but Phil had to surprise us, didn't he?

Trey and Lexi or Jaymes and James are the winning teams. The farmers have really hung in there, and that last challenge was built for them (like my play on words?) but I think injury will continue to slow down. Jaymes' cause for playing and winning is the most noble.

OC47150
12-12-2012, 02:35 PM
A team that never once came in first but was always at the back of the pack wins everything. Hard to believe. I have nothing against the Beekmans, but I'd preferred Jaymes and James winning. J&J had a noble reason to win, not saying that saving the family farm isn't.

Nice twist on the final challenge. I wouldn't have paid attention to hello and goodbye.

OC47150
01-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Season 22 cast announced.

http://www.zap2it.com/news/pictures/zap-the-amazing-race-season-22-cast-20130123,0,6725950.photogallery

Roller derby moms, pro hockey players, taxidermists, oh my!!!

OC47150
02-18-2013, 01:13 PM
I took an immediate dislike toward Max and Katie. Very pompous, artificial and full of themselves. They won't last long. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

OC47150
02-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Felt sorry for the two brothers. The water challenge was just too much for them.

Still dislike Max and Katie.

OC47150
03-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Good ep. Loved Chuck's comment at the airport about the people not remembering him for moving ahead, etc... They may not remember you, Chuck, but they will forever remember that head of hair!

Starting to dislike John. He's too smarmy. And the lecherous grin plastered on his face all the time.

Have to wonder how much longer the father-son team will last with the injury. I can see them running one more leg (no pun intended) and then removing themselves.

Max not passing the driving challenge was a blow to his ego. Loved it!

OC47150
03-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Yeah, Team JJ is gone! How dumb are you not to use the Express pass? John was too cocky, and maybe he wanted to run the race on merits and physical challenges alone, but heck you could've been at the front of the pack!

I don't think his lady will forget that bone-head move anytime soon.

OC47150
03-20-2013, 02:18 PM
If nothing else, the producers need to bring the father-son team back for the next all-star edition. They earned a spot.

OC47150
03-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Another good ep. Still don't care for Max and Katie.

OC47150
04-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Two teams got speeding tickets, which they paid. My big question: would you have paid it? If it meant getting eliminated, no I wouldn't have taken the time. Face it, what are the odds of your going back to southern Africa on vacation? Is Botswana going to extradite you for a speeding ticket? Probably not.

OC47150
04-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Chuck's magnificent mane of Sampson-like hair couldn't save him and Wynona last night. Too bad. I liked them.

The cheese challenge looked a lot easier in the snow than the previous time.

OC47151
05-06-2013, 08:19 AM
For the first time in several seasons, I'm happy with the outcome. Bates and Anthony deserved to win. They ran a good race, and they enjoyed themselves along the way. So did Mona and Beth. The moms were good roll models for their kids.

My dislikeness for Max and Katie is known, and I think Max's fixation on the money and his overall cockiness were his downfall.

OC47151
09-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Can't remember an ep in the years that I've been watching that 3 different teams read instructions wrong in one ep. Wow. Just goes to show how you have to pay attention to details.

And the paragliding was one of the coolest challenges I'd seen in a long time.

And so far, there's not a team I dislike. Hated to see the father-daughter team go out but someone's gotta go first.

OC47151
10-09-2013, 01:27 PM
I liked Team Bingo but had a feeling they were doomed with the bus mix-up, and then the wrong shoeshine dude. Hope they're invited back for another season.

OC47151
10-16-2013, 01:21 PM
It's certainly been a long time since so much time was devoted to showing airport nightmares. Felt really sorry for the footballers. They took a risk with the flights and it just didn't work out. Again, this is another team I'd like to see invited back to participate at a later time 'cause they wanted to be there.

I didn't see anything wrong with what the basebal wives did by going a different route to get on stand-by. They might've handed the counter issue a little differently, but hey, they took the initiative and it worked for them.

OC47151
10-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Now the Weird Beards are gone! Man!! I really liked them. They should've stuck the statue challenge out a little longer.

OC47151
11-07-2013, 12:22 PM
I've been saying this for the last two weeks, but this next episode SHOULD be a non-elimination round. The Okie boys were good, playing for the right reasons.

Really hate Marie. She's just a shrill witch. Gotta wonder if she acts like that all the time, and if she realizes she acts like that.

The ladies struggling with the song at the Vienna Boys Choir should've flashed their boobs. That would've gotten the clue...and made the boys happy.

OC47151
11-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Notice how the ladies were a little more covered up in the UAE? Bet that was hot, temperature wise.

OC47151
11-18-2013, 04:32 PM
When will karma bite Marie in the butt? Hopefully soon.

Figured the baseball bunnies would go. They had a good run. And they were easy on the eyes.

OC47151
12-04-2013, 08:12 AM
The wife normally doesn't watch AR with me, but she was in the room watching Sunday night. When the snake jumped out during Afghanimals' search of the tea plantation, she jumped.

Really hoped Marie would've been last. Really hope she doesn't win next week.

Boy, the guys made ugly women.

OC47151
12-09-2013, 07:12 AM
For once, I'm satisfied with which team won AR. Jason and Amy ran a good race. The ER docs just fell part during the last two legs, and I noticed Travis really didn't encourage Nicole when she was struggling. C'mon dude! Travis became really focused -- maybe obsessed -- with winning the money.

And after Marie's deal was revealed, I'm really glad she didn't win.

Thought Leo and Jamal could've pulled it out but unfortunately the robot challenge was their demise.

An all-star edition! Great! Now we have to wait to see which teams are returning!

OC47151
01-27-2014, 01:02 PM
The all-star teams are announced.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2014/01/amazing-race-all-stars-meet-the-teams-for-season-24.html

OC47151
02-28-2014, 01:12 PM
I feel for Bopper. He really wanted to run the show but your health is more important. Glad a compatible replacement was waiting in the wings.

Now that the bickering Sri Lankan sisters are gone, I can enjoy the show. Didn't care for their constant yapping the last time around.

OC47151
03-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Leaving the backpack behind was the kiss of death for Team Kentucky. Don't know what I would've done. Mallory had the passports but Mark's clothes and other essentials were left behind.

Gotta love the cowboys. Go from the top of the pack and drop, but yet they survive. And giving the express pass to the country singers was okay. That team isn't a threat. The one blonde just flirted her way for it.

OC47151
03-12-2014, 07:04 AM
Sending the taxi away was the kiss of death for Joey and Megan.

I've noticed this: some of the teams that were obnoxious/over-the-top in previous seasons (Joey and Megan, Greg and Jessica) have really toned it down. At this point, there's not a team I don't like.

OC47151
03-17-2014, 08:11 AM
It's amazing how some of these contestants have matured/grown up/had revelations since the last time they'd been on TV. John is one of them, but Rachel, wow. She's not that annoying. And helping Margie and Luke through the challenge. I'd like to think that Rachel's act of kindness helped her and Brendan in getting the non-elimination pass.

Interesting challenges with this ep. The bamboo trampoline and the pouring the drinks challenges were original.

OC47151
03-31-2014, 03:14 PM
The country singers got lucky. Another non-elimination round in just 2 - 3 weeks. There's no team I dislike but the girls have been skating by.

Rachel, you gotta read the instructions better!

OC47151
04-16-2014, 03:16 PM
What a finish!

How many teams were screwed up with the street/piazza confusion? Three or four?

I know I couldn't do the Roman numeral conversion without some assistance. I can figure out the Super Bowl numbers and that's about it.

OC47151
04-21-2014, 05:29 PM
I will miss Flight Time and Big Easy. They seemed to have enjoyed themselves on the race. Those big men riding the donkeys! Hilarious! They might've set a record for the number of legs ran: 31.

But, whenever a team has trouble with understanding directions, gets lost, or heads in the wrong way, they are in trouble. I had the feeling with the Globetrotters.

Are we really surprised Rachel and Brendan U-turned Conner and Dad? Not really. It's a game. People forget that.

Here's my final four prediction: Brendan and Rachel, Conner and Dad, the Afghanimals and the cowboys.

OC47151
05-08-2014, 09:33 AM
I will definitely miss the Jet and Cord. Couldn't find two more upright, all-around good men like them. Good, decent role model, they are.

Now I'm hoping the Afghanimals don't win. U-turning the boys was just a bad call.

The other teams have been too transfixed on Brendan and Rachel. Forget about them! Focus on your game, not theirs!

OC47151
05-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Jamal was channeling his inner Richard Burton the first few times during the Welsh poem recital, then calmed down.

IMO, the winner will either be Dave and Connor or Brendan and Rachel. The girls aren't skilled enough to pull it off.

OC47151
05-19-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm satisfied that Dave and Connor won but I was rooting for Brendan and Rachel. Don't ask me why, I just was. B & R's cab driver really doomed them. Dave and Connor overcame a lot to be there. And they played a clean game. B&R were getting a little nasty/snippy at the end. But Rachel didn't have any breakdowns until the last two eps.

The parachute drop into the speedway was cool. I was half-expecting some type of puzzle/memory wall for the teams to do. First time in a long time that hasn't happened.

OC47151
08-28-2014, 03:04 PM
New season starts Sept. 26. Here's the cast.

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/amazing-race-season-25-cast--bethany-hamilton--game-changing-twist-132134836.html

OC47151
09-26-2014, 09:06 PM
What a start!

I really didn't care for the Miami realtors. Snatching the pen from the firefighters' hand was just wrong. Glad they're gone. If they were in the game much longer, I was going to call them the pink witches.

Don't care much for the dentists. Too pretty and too competitive.

So let's see, if I get on AR I need to learn how to drive a stick and use a compass.

OC47151
10-05-2014, 08:19 AM
The rasslers are fun to Not the brightest bulbs but still fun.

I think Soul Surfers is going to be the team to beat this year. Love their can-do spirit.

The Boston firefighters don't give up. Yeah, they can't toss a pancake but they kept at it.

Would've loved to hear an unedited commentary from the drill instructors during the About Face challenge. You know they toned their language down.

OC47151
10-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Even without the injury, the Boston firefighters wouldn't have lasted much longer. Gotta love their spirit, though.

And the rasslers keep hanging in there.

OC47151
10-23-2014, 08:23 AM
If Dentist Jim weren't so arrogant (we're gonna be the most dominate team in AR history) at the very beginning, I might feel sorry for him. But I don't. I enjoyed watching him getting humbled at the roadblocks, and I was really disappointed when Phil said it was a non-elimination round.

OC47151
11-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Not going to miss Mom and Daughter. They were too dysfunctional.

Still don't like the dentists. Too pretty and Jim is full of himself.

The tanning challenge site in Morocco has been used before. I remember the big pits. Must've been at least five years ago or longer.