PDA

View Full Version : 10 Favorite Autobots and Decepticons

El Chuxter
11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Again, base it on whatever you want. (Mine are all G1, by the way.)

Autobots

1) Grimlock: Preferably the comic version, where he was the coldest-blooded and most ruthless of all Autobot warriors, and who frequently clashed with Prime (despite their being characterized as old friends).
2) Optimus Prime: I don't think this needs any explanation. Optimus Prime is the hero.
3) Jazz: The infatuation with Earth culture made Jazz the coolest of the first-generation Autobots. That, and his toy was probably the best overall.
4) Bumblebee/Gold Bug: It's hard not to like Bumblebee, unless he's turned into a mute Camaro.
5) Nightbeat: A later character, but who was sort of the "private eye" of the Autobots. In later stories, he became more important as several important mysteries came up at once.
6) Fortress Maximus: Prime's closest equal in terms of personality, though maybe even more pacifistic. Binary bonded to Spike Witwicky, to boot.
7) Hot Rod: Prior to becoming Rodimus Prime, he's a great everyman character in the movie. In the comics (old and new), he's a rash young warrior who is one of the best, but tends to bite off more than he can chew.
8) Ratchet: Next to Prime and Grimlock, possibly the most important character in the comic. His frequent underdog run-ins with Megatron were some of the best storytelling in the series.
9) Cliffjumper: Bumblebee with a 'tude, voiced by Casey Kasem.
10) Kup: Moreso in the comics where he's an older warrior who's been battle-hardened until he's almost as cold as Grimlock. In the movie, he's a little annoying.

Decepticons

1) Bludgeon: A martial-arts mystic who has a pretender shell to resemble an undead samurai. It doesn't even matter that the character is cool. He wins it just on concept alone.
2) Starscream: Easily the deepest Decepticon, if not Transformer, in the series. It's no accident that everyone remembers him.
3) Megatron: An unstoppable juggernaut of evil (he even turns into a Nazi pistol!), only vulnerable to his own insanity and megalomania. The perfect counterpart to Prime.
4) Ravage: Silent, cunning, heartless, and brilliantly intelligent. If all Decepticons were like him, they'd have won this war millions of years ago.
5) Scorponok: A generic Megatron surrogate, until he binary bonds with an alien human who turns out to have a conscience and who takes over his personality. His death scene at the hands (err, feet) of Unicron is brilliant.
6) Thunderwing: The only Decepticon to ever hold the Matrix. He's here mainly because a vampire Decepticon who doesn't look stupid (ahem, Bomb Burst) is almost as cool an idea as the undead samurai.
7) Shockwave: The cold, calculating foil to Megatron. Where Starscream is mostly talk, Shockwave is all action. And he has the patience to wait a few million years for a given scheme of treachery to come to fruition.
8) Soundwave: The best thing about Soundwave is that, although he's almost perfect at hiding his thoughts, he's clearly fiercely loyal to Megatron but wouldn't think twice about betraying any other Decepticon. Well, except for his tapes.
9) Ramjet: A crazy plane who likes to ram stuff. For the kid in all of us.
10) Ratbat: The accountant leader (for a while) who runs the earthbound Decepticons with ruthless efficiency. If one of his schemes hadn't been a carwash that brainwashed people, he could've scored higher.

DarthQuack
11-05-2007, 12:57 PM
In no particular order...

Jazz
Mirage
Skyfire
Seaspray
Hot Rod
Beachcomber
Sideswipe
Omega Supreme
Swoop
Smokescreen

Megatron
Soundwave
Dirge
Astrotrain
Thrust
Mixmaster
Ravage
Thundercracker
Blitzwing
Brawl

2-1B
11-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Autobots:
Optimus Prime with Flames
Bumblebee as Camaro
Jazz (as voiced by the non-Urkel guy from Family Matters)

Decepticons:
Megatron the Gun
Megatron the Generic (from the live action film)
Grimlock
The Triceratops toy
The Pteradactyl toy
The Brontosaurus toy
The Insecticon toy I had, it was a beetle type thing with pinchers
Frenzy
The Police Car that screams about eBay users and auction numbers

JimJamBonds
11-05-2007, 10:09 PM
What about the leaking lubricant transformer?

2-1B
11-05-2007, 11:25 PM

I already covered that under the Mute Yellow CamaroCon...

I forgot to add the DewBot to my Decepticons list.

DarthQuack
11-05-2007, 11:57 PM

I remember when Ironside said that in one of the first season episodes.

darthvyn
11-08-2007, 11:52 AM
I remember when Ironside said that in one of the first season episodes.

um... ironHIDE?

DarthQuack
11-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Excuse my brainfart. :razz:

2-1B
11-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Brainfart was a cool transformer.

Oh wait, that's Michael Bay's role...

figrin bran
11-11-2007, 09:22 PM
What about Maximals and Predacons?

DarkArtist
11-23-2007, 07:45 PM
not sure if I have 10 favorites of each but I will list the ones that I liked:

Autobots:

1.) Optimus Prime - can't have a collection with the bad bot himself
2.) Sunstreaker - this was the very first transformer I got so it holds a special place in my heart
3.) Bumblebee - one of the staples of Transformers
4.) Rodimus Prime - after they killed off Prime he filled the gap
5.) Grimlock - just loved the lovable lug

Decipticons:

1.) Megatron - where else could you have a cool toy that looked like a real gun
2.) Starscream - couldn't have Megatron without this guy to kick around
3.) Soundwave - no explanation needed.
4.) Bruticus - true this is really 5 in 1 but still a great baddie all around
5.) Shockwave - another cool transformer