PDA

View Full Version : Mail in for Animated Clone Wars

Val Da Car
11-06-2007, 08:57 PM
This promotion for 2008 might have me ready for the Animated Series.

Sweet, The coupon should bear a nice gift.

Are the current figures included in the offer for the rebate

jjreason
11-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Obviously I haven't been reading enough of the news lately. Is this a promotion that we've previously known about? I'll check the front page.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Intriguing. I wonder what it will be?

figrin bran
11-06-2007, 11:55 PM
I'll bet it's a clone! ;)

Mvader91
11-06-2007, 11:59 PM
What tha Hale? What tha Hale could it be?

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 03:50 AM
Are the current figures included in the offer for the rebateThe assortment numbers cited are for current figure lines, both Saga Legends and TAC.

Val Da Car
11-07-2007, 10:54 AM
The assortment numbers cited are for current figure lines, both Saga Legends and TAC.

Sweet...like Jedi points but actually usable?:thumbsup:

TheRealDubya
11-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Cool. I love mail aways. I hope it's not a poster or something chintzy.

I just realized the POPs are on the inserts inside the blisters. I've thrown those all away. ****e.

evenflow
11-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I hate that i have not saved any UPC codes thus far, i will start saving them from now on though.

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Sweet...like Jedi points but actually usable?:thumbsup:
Exactly! :D

Engineernerd
11-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Cool. I love mail aways. I hope it's not a poster or something chintzy.

I just realized the POPs are on the inserts inside the blisters. I've thrown those all away. ****e.

I recently got a frame and hung up my POTF2 poster. I have to say it looks pretty sweet next to everything.

However, I'd prefer a figure or accessory as well.

DarthQuack
11-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Where did this picture even come from? Everyone seems to be linking it to SSG.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-08-2007, 01:52 PM
wow, old school! How will we get these certificates i wonder? Will they come in figures, or the Evo. packs? Or retailer displays? I dont care what it is...as long as it's for the figures.

Thunderbird
11-08-2007, 11:21 PM
I hope this is real. Maybe I'll be able to get rid of some of the hundreds of UPCs that I have sence the Jedi Master points auction.

aussietrooper20
11-09-2007, 05:15 AM
it better be real, cause if I tell all the star wars members in australia and then it get's to be a fake, I'll be in big trouble.

Blue2th
11-09-2007, 10:52 AM
it better be real, cause if I tell all the star wars members in australia and then it get's to be a fake, I'll be in big trouble.
It would be ok, they would just say "No worries mate" (me Mum's side are all Aussies)

I still have all my Jedi Master Points, tons and tons of them.
I'm hoping that someday Hasbro will make good on them. :rolleyes:

I still have the habit of also keeping every UPC code from every figure I opened since. From Ep.1, POTJ, AOTC, Saga 1, OTC, Saga 2, and 30th figures.

I was thinking about getting some kind of barcode reader and software to create a spreadsheet of loose and carded figures.

Anyways, I'm on board for a mail-away promo. It's the cool old-school way of getting special figures. It requires a little work on the part of collectors and kinda makes me nostalgic.

Battle Droid
12-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Hasbro confirms it!

From, http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=10800

JI:Recently a scan of a 2008 clone trooper figure redemption coupon showed up online. Can you tell us if there will be a 2008 mail-away figure and exactly what figure will it be?

Hasbro: We can confirm that this will indeed be a promotion for next year tied in to Clone Wars, but we are not at liberty yet to reveal more details on which figure will be available. We will reveal more details around Toy Fair. Stay tuned...

Blue2th
12-10-2007, 05:17 PM
That's good news.
Hasbro also said that there would be one of two different Troopers from the Cartoon series over at RS Q&A.
Captain Fordo in Clone Wars II armour or a Scuba Trooper. http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbros_44th_STAR_WARS_QA_The_Answers_110710.asp

jedi master sal
12-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Bet that it will be Fordo as that's the easiest for them to do. Different helmet and that's about it.

The Scuba trooper would require a lot more for them to produce and we all SEE how they are wanting to cut corners now.

Blue2th
12-11-2007, 02:09 AM
Bet that it will be Fordo as that's the easiest for them to do. Different helmet and that's about it.

The Scuba trooper would require a lot more for them to produce and we all SEE how they are wanting to cut corners now.

My suspicions also. I'll bet if they did a poll though, the Scuba Trooper would win hands down.

jedi master sal
12-11-2007, 02:15 AM
My suspicions also. I'll bet if they did a poll though, the Scuba Trooper would win hands down.

Undoubtedly. I know I'd cast my vote for the scuba trooper.

Besides, from an army building standpoint, Hasbro would make more money from the scuba trooper as they were troop builders while there is only one Fordo.

Yes extra tooling etc., for the Scuba trooper, but still buying 5 of a new figure has still got to be more profit than one.

Just my thoughts.

Blue2th
12-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Ah, the army building factor. That might slant it in the favor of the Scuba Trooper. If they're smart.
I know I would buy quite a few also. I mean we already have Kit Fisto in his underwater garb or lack of.
I don't see why Hasbro can't do one. They have been turning out EU figures no problem in the Comic two-packs. Usually with one of the figures really nice with super-articulation. Some brand new sculpts like the Assassin Droid.
It would be a winner for them I'm sure. They can always do a Clone Wars II Fordo at any time from an ROTS Clone.
I would be willing to bet the Scuba Trooper would be the most requested figure (other than maybe a good Obi-Wan in Clone Armour) if they asked the fans.

jedi master sal
12-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Ah, the army building factor. That might slant it in the favor of the Scuba Trooper. If they're smart.
I know I would buy quite a few also. I mean we already have Kit Fisto in his underwater garb or lack of.
I don't see why Hasbro can't do one. They have been turning out EU figures no problem in the Comic two-packs. Usually with one of the figures really nice with super-articulation. Some brand new sculpts like the Assassin Droid.
It would be a winner for them I'm sure. They can always do a Clone Wars II Fordo at any time from an ROTS Clone.
I would be willing to bet the Scuba Trooper would be the most requested figure (other than maybe a good Obi-Wan in Clone Armour) if they asked the fans.

Hmm, maybe we should ask them then in the Q&A....then again, they've alluded to the fact that one is already done. We just don't know which one.

Hopefully they'll read this and realize there is a desire to have BOTH figures.

Blue2th
12-11-2007, 11:11 AM
I don't know. The last time (maybe 2 Q&A sessions ago) Kidhuman composed a question about cartoon Clone Wars figures that could be made, and if Hasbro had any plans to do any of them. I forget the exact answer but it didn't look promising. Now we get this answer, and it's an about-face, at least with one figure.
Plans do change though.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-13-2007, 01:18 AM
The Scuba trooper has been doing well in the EU Poll (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=35795)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Fordo's second-phase helmet is the same as Commander Neyo, I think, so they wouldn't have to do any new tooling at all with him, so I think we'll have to wait a little while on the scuba trooper.

Val Da Car
12-15-2007, 03:12 AM
with the AT TE confirmed in Target's system this could be a way to "help" sell the AT TE

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-06-2008, 02:27 PM
As seen on this Pit Droids card (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2008/Pit_Droids_Clone_Wars.jpg), "Get a sneak peek at the Clone Wars action coming in Fall '08, with an exclusive Captain Rex figure - available ONLY in this special offer!"

This can't be the Captain Rex from Star Tours, can it? I'd assume it's a clone captain, but the names are still the same.

Battle Droid
01-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Joy, another clone.:rolleyes:

Engineernerd
01-06-2008, 02:32 PM
As seen on this Pit Droids card (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2008/Pit_Droids_Clone_Wars.jpg), "Get a sneak peek at the Clone Wars action coming in Fall '08, with an exclusive Captain Rex figure - available ONLY in this special offer!"

This can't be the Captain Rex from Star Tours, can it? I'd assume it's a clone captain, but the names are still the same.

Could this be a clone Captain that doesn't like confrontations? (Think Toy Story, I do some jokes just for myself.)

Thanks for posting that JJ!

JediTricks
01-06-2008, 07:49 PM
My guess is the "Captain Rex" is an homage name to the Star Tours character, but is a new clone character from the new show.

El Chuxter
01-06-2008, 08:04 PM
I will take back everything bad I've said about the CG series if Captain Rex is voiced by Paul Reubens and flies like an idiot.

I will hail it as the greatest work ever achieved by mankind if Teek is in the ship.

I will get a sex-change and marry George Lucas if this finally gets us a Teek figure.

jedi master sal
01-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I will take back everything bad I've said about the CG series if Captain Rex is voiced by Paul Reubens and flies like an idiot.

I will hail it as the greatest work ever achieved by mankind if Teek is in the ship.

I will get a sex-change and marry George Lucas if this finally gets us a Teek figure.

I'll hold you to that Chux!

Teek is not a character to be trifled with...lol.

El Chuxter
01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Agreed.

However, if we do get a Teek for reasons unrelated to Captain Rex in the Clone Wars flying him around in a Starspeeder 3000 (eg, Captain Rex isn't cool like that at all), the entire deal is off.

jedi master sal
01-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Agreed.

However, if we do get a Teek for reasons unrelated to Captain Rex in the Clone Wars flying him around in a Starspeeder 3000 (eg, Captain Rex isn't cool like that at all), the entire deal is off.

So just one nut then?? lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-07-2008, 04:21 PM
My guess is the "Captain Rex" is an homage name to the Star Tours character, but is a new clone character from the new show.
Probably. Dave Filoni seems like he'd do that, and I bet a lot of similar stuff as well.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-07-2008, 08:01 PM
There's a Purple ARC trooper in the CW trailer....wonder if this could be the Captain Rex they're talking about?

El Chuxter
01-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Oh, God. Captain Rex is going to be working for Mace.

If Padme were a purple-skinned alien, it would've been Mace who became Darth Vader.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Oh, God. Captain Rex is going to be working for Mace.

If Padme were a purple-skinned alien, it would've been Mace who became Darth Vader.

Don't know that he'll actually be working for Mace or not, but I remember seeing him in the trailer, and he's on the cover of a past issue of the Insider that featured a story on the CW(can't recall the issue # at the moment).

jjreason
01-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Isn't it going to be the blue-detailed Stormtrooper Commander that's been shown carded, but isn't included in any of the waves we've seen carded?

Jedi_Kal-El
01-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Isn't it going to be the blue-detailed Stormtrooper Commander that's been shown carded, but isn't included in any of the waves we've seen carded?

That has been revealed as a Stormtrooper Commander from TFU. It's going to be an exclusive somewhere, but Hasbro probably won't say until Toy Fair.

As for this CW figure, the new images on the soon to be released wave of Saga Legends figures, and the image of the mail-away that have been posted here, and elswhere state that the offer will be for an exclusive CW sneak preview figure.

El Chuxter
01-09-2008, 12:14 AM
He's purple.

There will be a Mace Windu connection.

Mark my words.

pegger
01-09-2008, 09:40 AM
The only thing I care about is that the offer is valid in the US AND Canada.

DarthBrandon
01-09-2008, 09:43 AM

Nine times out of ten I'm with you on this statement. This time I'll pass as I have way too many clones & we won't see wave 5 of legends here anyways.

jedi master sal
01-09-2008, 10:07 AM

I have your back as always my friend.

Just let me know how I can help you on this.

-Sal

Kidhuman
01-09-2008, 01:22 PM
I have plenty of the upc symbols for people that need assistance(assuming the TAC UPC's can be used).

El Chuxter
01-09-2008, 01:31 PM
In the past, they've required dated receipts. Not sure how they're going to explain to people that the Saga UPCs don't work when there are still armies of Jerjerrods they refuse to admit exist.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Ahhh, Jerjerrod. The mightiest pegwarmer of '06. My local Target still has 20 of them on the pegs at full price, and Wally World has quite a few as well. You think they'd have figured it out by now.

Kidhuman
01-10-2008, 11:52 PM
I have plenty of the upc symbols for people that need assistance(assuming the TAC UPC's can be used).

I currently have 14 UPC's. So far they are 4 for me, 4 for my son and 4 for Slicker. I will have others. If you need assistance PM me and we will work out the details.

figrin bran
01-11-2008, 03:10 AM
I have tons of UPC's as well so when the time comes, just PM me.

Val Da Car
01-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Jedi Insider asked the question on the mail in promotion.

What can you tell us about "Captain Rex"? We hear he is going to be a mail-away figure this year. Who is he, what role in Clone Wars does he play and what does he look like?

Hasbro: Jay - all good questions which will be revealed in time. We will say that he is a central figure in the new Clone Wars series, and that there will be a special promotion so fans can get him first.

Credit where credit is due:

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=10862

El Chuxter
01-21-2008, 01:02 AM
We should ask in our Q&A:

"Now that a figure of Captain Rex is confirmed for 2008, what are the chances of getting Ree Yees with his camera and cigar, the female Starspeeder passenger with the funny hair, and Teek?"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-21-2008, 02:29 AM
Don't know that he'll actually be working for Mace or not, but I remember seeing him in the trailer, and he's on the cover of a past issue of the Insider that featured a story on the CW(can't recall the issue # at the moment).
That clone was Alpha, whose armor has blue accents, not purple. You're probably just seeing it wrong.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-21-2008, 03:52 PM
That clone was Alpha, whose armor has blue accents, not purple. You're probably just seeing it wrong.

I might have seen it wrong. Heck maybe I'm going color blind. Or I could just need a brighter lamp in my room.lol

Val Da Car
02-13-2008, 12:31 AM
So Rex will be the Mail in figure.

Very sweet indeed!

figrin bran
02-13-2008, 12:52 AM
We should ask in our Q&A:

"Now that a figure of Captain Rex is confirmed for 2008, what are the chances of getting Ree Yees with his camera and cigar, the female Starspeeder passenger with the funny hair, and Teek?"

The female with the funny hair isn't a passenger but a flight attendant.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-13-2008, 04:08 PM
The female with the funny hair isn't a passenger but a flight attendant.

Flight attendants need love too I guess.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2008, 05:20 PM
I might have seen it wrong. Heck maybe I'm going color blind. Or I could just need a brighter lamp in my room.lol
Well now apparently it was Rex and not Alpha, but his armor is still blue.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Well now apparently it was Rex and not Alpha, but his armor is still blue.

Yeah. I looked at it in the light for once. :cross-eye It's blue alright. Might have to get my eyes checked or something.

K M Toydarian
02-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Now the order form is floating around (been found and posted on other sites) we see it's 4 UPC, apparently no receipt, official order form, and 6.99.

Mail ins have gotten more expensive than those Froot loop Han days!
I imagine though, we will be getting a carded figure in a case ala Lucas Stormy. I hope so.

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Mail-in packaging has gotten much better though, and shipping has gone way, way up since then. Still, kinda lame that they charge you the same price as a figure to get this. I guess they never claimed it was a freebie.

Thunderbird
02-16-2008, 11:15 PM
I just mailed of for my second one of these. I really wonder if it will take 6-8 weeks once they recieve it. I have a feeling it might take a little longer.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-17-2008, 12:13 AM
You've already mailed off for them? What products are the forms in?

JediTricks
02-17-2008, 12:14 AM
So apparently this isn't even a totally exclusive figure, it's just an exclusive "clean" deco and exclusive packaging. That's not cool of Hasbro!

Basic fig version:
http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2008/Hasbro/presentation/image6.asp

Mail-away version:
http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2008/Hasbro/presentation/image7.asp

Mail-away's packaging:
http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2008/Hasbro/presentation/image8.asp

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-17-2008, 12:53 AM
The packaging is pretty sweet though, very 1998 EU.

JediTricks
02-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Haw! I thought the same thing.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-17-2008, 01:14 AM

Maybe that's why you have to send in $6.99 to get it exclusive.

Thunderbird
02-17-2008, 10:08 PM
You've already mailed off for them? What products are the forms in?

I found them on the Legends assortment, I'm not sure it it will be on other packages.

So far I've seen it on the Dark Trooper, Clone Commander,Chewbacca, Vader, Grievous, Biker Scout, Yoda, Battle Droids (red), R2-D2, C-3PO w/BD head, Clone Officer, Sandtrooper and all three Pit Droids w/ new accessory and strait arms.

decadentdave
02-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Easy pass.

mtriv73
02-18-2008, 12:31 PM
I sent off for one before seeing the pictures from TF. I should have saved the $6.99 and the stamp. Needless to say, I don't care for the animated style figures. I passed on all of them last time and I'll do the same (mail away excluded because it's too late) this time.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Wow sweet package! I'm going to get a few of these more than likely about 4 of them. One for the package and the rest for ARCS... I'm passing on the line but i'm down for the exclusive.

I've seen the offer on Saga Legends, and Evolutions (The newer packs: Fetts, Sith, and Vader's apprentice).

Kidhuman
02-18-2008, 08:04 PM
I found the package today. I bought two of them, one for me and one for my stepson, but if its animated, I will pass.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-18-2008, 08:12 PM
I think I'll pass on this one as well.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-18-2008, 08:20 PM
I found them on the Legends assortment, I'm not sure it it will be on other packages.

So far I've seen it on the Dark Trooper, Clone Commander,Chewbacca, Vader, Grievous, Biker Scout, Yoda, Battle Droids (red), R2-D2, C-3PO w/BD head, Clone Officer, Sandtrooper and all three Pit Droids w/ new accessory and strait arms.I've opened a pit droids and some sandtroopers and never saw it. Those were out before this was announced I think.

I've seen the offer on Saga Legends, and Evolutions (The newer packs: Fetts, Sith, and Vader's apprentice).I just opened the Sith set with Darth Bane and I don't see any order form in there either.

Thunderbird
02-18-2008, 10:36 PM
All of the ones I've seen are on Legends figures from last year w/ a foil sticker on the front with the offer. The Pit Droids are the only ones I've seen with any kind of change from the ones released last year. Every thing else I listed all look the same as last year but with the offer.

None of my evo sets had the offer.

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 12:59 AM
Considering how few of those will be opened, why did Hasbro kill so many trees?

Mad Slanted Powers
02-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Finally noticed some Legends at Wal-Mart today that had the sticker on the front mentioning the offer. So, I picked up a Biker Scout. I didn't want the battled droids and I have plenty of ROTS clones.