PDA

View Full Version : Wave 7 Quick Review

bigbarada
11-07-2007, 02:03 PM
I've been able to pick up most of this wave, so here are some quick thoughts on the figures.

Tycho Celchu - A-Wing Pilot - Even with the inaccuracies and EU elements, this is the best figure of the wave. Hasbro's getting much better at disguising the ball-joints, I didn't even know he had ball-joint shoulders until I started moving him around.

Having to attach the leg-harnesses myself was a little strange and I wonder if it was just Hasbro's way of hiding the fact that he doesn't come with a blaster. FYI, when you are putting the harness on, the backside has a square peg and the frontside has a round peg. So, unless you are a square peg in a round hole kind of person, then lining it up properly makes assembly much easier.

The helmet is still the wrong helmet for A-Wing Pilots and the paint apps feel a little unfinished. They molded it in translucent plastic to get the visor effect, but it ends up being see-through in areas where it shouldn't be. No big deal for me, because I'm hoping that we'll get a rerelease with the correct helmet sometime in the next couple of years.

The cap still looks kind of goofy, but not as bad as it did in the prototype photos. Plus, I can happily announce that rumors of Tycho's giraffe-neck are greatly exaggerated.:D

Easily one of my top 5 favorite figures of 2007.

Grade: A

Romba & Graak - First of all, Graak is soooo Lumat it's not even funny. All because some lazy EU writer didn't do his research, so now we have retconned Ewoks. How stupid is that?:upset:

Anyways, the figures themselves are great. They share bodyparts (chests, legs and feet), but are different enough that you don't really even notice.

Lumat/Graak is my favorite. His arrows fit into his pouch individually, but not in his hand or on his bow. They're a tight fit in that pouch, but that's a good thing, because you don't have to worry about them falling out. My only real complaint is that his pouch and cowl are a solid piece of plastic. So that kind of makes the pouch stick out from his body when you turn his head.

Romba's pretty cool, but it's a good thing that he is part of a 2-pack, because he'd be very boring by himself.

As I expected with selling these figures as a 2-pack, though, they are just not up to the same level of quality as Chief Chirpa from last year. It just feels like a little bit more work could have pushed these guys from the "very good" category into the "great" category.

However, they do make great "carrier" Ewoks for the tied-up Artoo.

Grade: A-

R2-D2 with Cargo Net - A repaint of the VOTC Artoo figure, so it features a removable third leg, not the retractable one from that Ep3 R4 figure.

The net's cool, but it might be too small to hold all the figures it needs to. Haven't felt inclined to test it out yet.

The "stretcher" is what makes this figure memorable; but I should warn you that getting the Artoo secured on there is very tricky and you could find yourself frustrated quicky. It's a lot of trial and error and the photo of the figure on the cardback actually has the stretcher upside down and backwards. I tried getting it to fit the way shown on the card, but it was just nearly impossible. If you just can't seem to get the ropes to fit around R2, then try heating them up with a hair dryer, that should allow the plastic to stretch a bit.

My only real complaint is why would Hasbro NOT include the sawblade attachment that came with the original VOTC release?

Overall, some great accessories really spice up what's essentially a rerelease of a 3-year old figure.

Grade: B+

Spirit Anakin - Just going off of what I saw on the card...

Horrible figure, probably the prime candidate for worst figure of the year. It's so bad, I almost feel that someone at Hasbro should lose their job because of this garbage.

Grade: F!

No sign of McSolo around here, but I'll add him once I see him.

I've attached some photos, I ended up giving Tycho the VTAC Hoth Han Solo blaster.

jedibear
11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
good review(s) and pics, bigbarada...

quick question...have you tried the hairdryer trick on Graak's pouch/strap to get it to rest along his body better?

and Tycho does look really good...

...and yes! It's an odd choice NOT to include the sawblade accessory with R2 and the net!

Hope this wave shows up soon up here...always ready for more ewoks!

bigbarada
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I haven't tried that, but it seems that Graak's pouch will only rest against his side when he's facing straight ahead. It's not a huge problem, I just think it would have been better to have the strap sculpted onto his body and the pouch just stick in with a peg (which is how Romba's knife works).

It actually took me so long to get Artoo on that little stretcher, that he's not ever coming off of there. So if I ever use the net accessory, I'll likely just use the VOTC Artoo with his little sawblade.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-07-2007, 08:14 PM
What's wrong with Anakin? Do you not like the figure since you want Sebastian back in there, or is it just bad in its own right?

bigbarada
11-07-2007, 09:03 PM
What's wrong with Anakin? Do you not like the figure since you want Sebastian back in there, or is it just bad in its own right?

He looks like he's wrapped in glittery toilet paper.

Kidhuman
11-07-2007, 09:59 PM
I saw the figure in person and it looks horrid.

BigB, check out the review I gave for Han if you havent already

bigbarada
11-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Since I gave Spirit Hayden such a scathing review, I figure I should qualify that by throwing myself on the grenade here and buying this figure. Hopefully, I can give a fuller picture of his crappiness and save you all $7.

The figure itself is super-articulated, which is frustrating because Hasbro wastes all those ball-joints on a figure like this and won't even give a figure like Smuggler Lando ball-joint elbows.

He's sculpted in the same see through plastic that all the recent ghost figures have been sculpted in, and he has a see-through, glittery robe that is actually rigid enough to hold the figure up. But it's so rigid that it's pretty much impossible to work with and looks ridiculously puffy.

I see where Hasbro was going with this figure. They were trying something new and it was either going to turn out awesome or like total garbage. Well guess what.... ?

F

Old Fossil
11-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Man, but that would make a GREAT Christmas ornament... now he just needs some wings, a horn, and a halo.

Kidhuman
11-08-2007, 03:38 PM
He looks like a tree topper Angel.

Blue2th
11-08-2007, 04:38 PM
I see where Hasbro was going with this figure. They were trying something new and it was either going to turn out awesome or like total garbage. Well guess what.... ?

F
Yeah, the robe is cheezy.
I like the way they made the figure in clear plastic then painted him with a transparent wash though. Even your pics show how the light shines through his body. Perhaps Hasbro will use this same concept for future spirit figures.
The holo figures (what's the difference) could use something along these lines instead of just blue globs of plastic.

BTW: nice pics :thumbsup:
I'm still a novice trying to post them that large. Though I realize you're pretty savy in those areas being a CGI animator and good with a Mac and camera.

bigbarada
11-08-2007, 04:49 PM
YBTW: nice pics :thumbsup:
I'm still a novice trying to post them that large. Though I realize you're pretty savy in those areas being a CGI animator and good with a Mac and camera.

If you are using Photoshop, it's pretty easy. Just use Image Size and make sure your resolution is no higher than 72 dpi (and the proper pixel dimension for the attachment settings here). After that, Photoshop has this wonderful function called "Save for Web.." under the File menu. It will allow you to adjust the quality of your image so you can reduce it's filesize while maintaining it's actual pixel dimensions. Using this, you can take an 800x600px/200k file and turn it into a 800x600px/60k file with only a negligible loss in quality. It's my bread and butter when it comes to web images.:thumbsup:

Blue2th
11-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Ah, Darth Titanium told me that too (I just remembered) when I tried to post my pitiful little pics of Star Trek JL and Furuta ships in the "Star Trek Figures" thread. At least I got that far though. lol
Well, Photoshop is going to be my next non-Apple software purchase. Though my G5 is still running on Panther. I never made it to Tiger, and now Leopard is already out.:cry:

Thanks

JediTricks
11-08-2007, 05:36 PM
If you are using Photoshop, it's pretty easy. Just use Image Size and make sure your resolution is no higher than 72 dpi (and the proper pixel dimension for the attachment settings here). After that, Photoshop has this wonderful function called "Save for Web.." under the File menu. Save For Web automatically converts it to 72dpi, I believe.

It also removes extraneous EXIF info and file comments, which is awesome - I have seen some photos that are 25% file size from comments created by the camera.

jedibear
11-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the GhostAni shots, BigBarada...yeah he looks cheezy all right.
Your backlighting helps alot.

Blue2th
11-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm saving your Photoshop post BB, so when I do get it, I have a place to start :yes:

bigbarada
11-08-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm saving your Photoshop post BB, so when I do get it, I have a place to start :yes:

No problem.

A word of advice about your Mac, if it was designed for Panther, then I wouldn't recommend upgrading to one of the newer Intel-friendly Mac OS' unless you just have no other choice. We did that in my computer lab at the college and had nothing but problems for an entire semester. Tiger and Leopard were designed for the Intel-chips, so they don't work as well on the old IBM processors.

I'd look around for a copy of the "non-Universal" Photoshop CS or CS2, you'll probably be able to get an unopened copy off of Ebay for really cheap.

bigbarada
11-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Save For Web automatically converts it to 72dpi, I believe.

You're right, it does. How did I miss that? :stupid:

Blue2th
11-09-2007, 01:00 AM
No problem.

A word of advice about your Mac, if it was designed for Panther, then I wouldn't recommend upgrading to one of the newer Intel-friendly Mac OS' unless you just have no other choice. We did that in my computer lab at the college and had nothing but problems for an entire semester. Tiger and Leopard were designed for the Intel-chips, so they don't work as well on the old IBM processors.

I'd look around for a copy of the "non-Universal" Photoshop CS or CS2, you'll probably be able to get an unopened copy off of Ebay for really cheap.
I will take that advise as well, thanks.
So Tiger is not that good either?
I was reading up on Leopard, and decided I wouldn't buy it. Too many things excluded for the IBM Macs and really nothing exceptional upgrade-wise over Tiger.
Tiger was in the Macs before they changed to the Intel chips. So there is a period it was in both kinds of Apples.
I have a Mac Mini 1.5 as well as my G5 that is my TV and web browser fun machine, the last with the G4 chips that came factory with Tiger.

I was talking to a guy at Comic-con last year. We were looking at a program to draw free-hand onto a screen, then you could manipulate it with Adobe Illustrator. It was made for animators and of course comic artists. Pretty amazing. You're probably familiar with it. Can't remember the name.
Anyways, he said the Intel Macs were having trouble integrating Adobe software at the time. That they hadn't worked out the bugs yet.
He actually wanted a G5 before they were completely gone, because he was a cartoonist-animator, and relied heavily on Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

So just keep the G5 with Panther for a pure ease of use Apple integration?
I haven't spent any money on software for it yet as a dual 2.5 with a 30" screen, it kindof tapped me out...$ :ninja:

I probably could afford to buy some serious software, if I quit buying so many action figures...wait I still haven't found all of wave 7 yet.

bigbarada
11-09-2007, 01:59 AM
I will take that advise as well, thanks.
So Tiger is not that good either?
I was reading up on Leopard, and decided I wouldn't buy it. Too many things excluded for the IBM Macs and really nothing exceptional upgrade-wise over Tiger.
Tiger was in the Macs before they changed to the Intel chips. So there is a period it was in both kinds of Apples.
I have a Mac Mini 1.5 as well as my G5 that is my TV and web browser fun machine, the last with the G4 chips that came factory with Tiger.

I was talking to a guy at Comic-con last year. We were looking at a program to draw free-hand onto a screen, then you could manipulate it with Adobe Illustrator. It was made for animators and of course comic artists. Pretty amazing. You're probably familiar with it. Can't remember the name.
Anyways, he said the Intel Macs were having trouble integrating Adobe software at the time. That they hadn't worked out the bugs yet.
He actually wanted a G5 before they were completely gone, because he was a cartoonist-animator, and relied heavily on Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

So just keep the G5 with Panther for a pure ease of use Apple integration?
I haven't spent any money on software for it yet as a dual 2.5 with a 30" screen, it kindof tapped me out...$ :ninja:

I probably could afford to buy some serious software, if I quit buying so many action figures...wait I still haven't found all of wave 7 yet.

There was a small transition period between Tiger's introduction and the release of the Intel Macs. But Tiger was designed with the (then) upcoming Intel chips in mind. That was a really rough time, though, especially if you were buying new hardware or software. But Apple knew that they had run into a brick wall with the IBM processors, so they needed to make the change to Intel or they were going to get left behind. They did the best they could; but that big of a transition is going to be painful no matter what.

Are you talking about the Wacom tablets? We got to play with those a little bit in college, but I've just never really thought about buying them. Pretty cool, but I've gotten pretty comfortable drawing with a mouse.

I have an Intel iMac that I bought last year, which is my primary workhorse. Then there is also my old dinosaur G4, that actually used to be a server at an Air Force Base before I got ahold of it. I keep it around because I only have old versions of Final Cut Pro and Maya. I don't think I will ever buy those programs for my iMac, I would rather invest in a G5 tower to run those programs.

I also have a Sony Vaio laptop, but I only use that when I'm traveling. Actually right now I don't even have it, I let my friend, Mark, use it to surf the internet out at his family farm.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-09-2007, 01:48 PM
The holo figures (what's the difference) could use something along these lines instead of just blue globs of plastic.
I thought I read in one of Hasbro's Q&A sessions that they were going to keep making the holograms in just the blue plastic (as opposed to the Luke hologram figure) to differentiate them from the spirit figures, or something. I wish they'd at least use a small amount of color, or different shades of blue, to more accurately show what was in the movies. Darth Sidious was close, but in TPM and AOTC, there wasn't any color on the holograms, so whatever.

JediTricks
11-09-2007, 09:45 PM
I thought I read in one of Hasbro's Q&A sessions that they were going to keep making the holograms in just the blue plastic (as opposed to the Luke hologram figure) to differentiate them from the spirit figures, or something. I wish they'd at least use a small amount of color, or different shades of blue, to more accurately show what was in the movies. Darth Sidious was close, but in TPM and AOTC, there wasn't any color on the holograms, so whatever.
ActionFigs.com, Sept 1st, 2006:

In the future, will translucent ghost & hologram figures only be the all-blue style, or will we see more like the fully-colored translucent 2004 Luke Hologram and Obi-Wan Spirit figures?

It depends on whether they are holo transmission figures (all blue) or Spirit figures. We want to keep a standard for the transmission figures, so they have compatability.
(editor's note: the Luke Hologram figure we cited is not all-blue but was not being transmitted in the movie, R2 was projecting it from his internal memory banks.)

Deoxyribonucleic
11-09-2007, 11:26 PM
R2-D2 with Cargo Net -

The net's cool, but it might be too small to hold all the figures it needs to. Haven't felt inclined to test it out yet.

All of us nerds around, you know SOMEONE had to have tried it... :)

JediTricks
11-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Geez, they weren't stacked like cordwood in the movie! :p Maybe if you chop them up into chunks they'll fit even cozier.

El Chuxter
11-10-2007, 12:00 AM
I think if they were like that, Han would've been strangled when it was pulled into the air.

bigbarada
11-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Is Luke buried in there somewhere?

DarthQuack
11-10-2007, 12:30 AM
That's gonna be a nice replacement for my Vintage Ewok village that my bro got me, the net didn't have the rope/thread on it, of course me being lazy could have just made a new one :P

bigbarada
11-10-2007, 01:47 AM
Did a little bit of headswapping and made a Luke A-Wing Pilot figure.:cool: it's the head off of the OTC Dagobah Luke (my favorite Luke likeness), so he looks like he's had a rough day.

The head actually doesn't fit very well, because Tycho's neck isn't long enough, but I was able to get it to hold it's position long enough to take this picture.

Blue2th
11-10-2007, 06:55 AM
ActionFigs.com, Sept 1st, 2006:

In the future, will translucent ghost & hologram figures only be the all-blue style, or will we see more like the fully-colored translucent 2004 Luke Hologram and Obi-Wan Spirit figures?

It depends on whether they are holo transmission figures (all blue) or Spirit figures. We want to keep a standard for the transmission figures, so they have compatability.
(editor's note: the Luke Hologram figure we cited is not all-blue but was not being transmitted in the movie, R2 was projecting it from his internal memory banks.)

Yes, I read this answer when it came out. Though it is good to be reminded.

Still, this same sort of technique on the Anakin could be used on the holo figures. All they would have to do is mold the figures in a more transparent lighter blue than they are now (no sparkle crystals) and apply the paint wash like they did to Anakin.
That way they would look more like they do in the movies, where the holo projection is blue, but you can still see their clothes.

They started to do this with the OTC Spirit Obi-Wan and Holo Luke, but the execution was not that good. A little too much paint and pearl over the clear mold. So the see-through look was diminished.

I think it would work out really great for a new round of holo figures.
If Hasbro is looking for another way to improve upon the way they do future figures, this would be an improvement, and they would be different from the spirit figures as they should be.

This is why even though the Spirit Anakin has it's shortcomings, the way they handled his spirit look, is a winner in my book.
His soft goods cloak seems to be the only thing people don't like here.

I'm sure we will see a Yoda and Obi-Wan done this way also. Though the soft goods could use some tweaking, or done away with in favor of "spirit" plastic cloaks.

Jaff
11-10-2007, 08:32 AM
When my wife saw Anakin she noted that he was a figure that fell into a fabric scrap bin. How did this one pass quality control. This fig is just low standards.

The other figs are awesome. The ewoks are my fave, Tycho is up there too. The R2 is a winner because of the accessories. As for the Han, you could see why they considered casting Nick Nolte for the part of Han.

bigbarada
11-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Isn't it about time to revive your Best/Worst figure poll? Last I checked, we ended with TAC wave 1 and there have been some much better figures released since then.

Cash
11-11-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm thouroughly impressed at just how mind-numbingly BAD ghost anakin looks. I just can't picture how they managed to screw it up to that extent.

Luuuuuuke
11-19-2007, 04:03 PM
I like McHan a lot, but I think Tycho(the pilot, not the SSG member) was the best figure. The Ewoks are ewoks, it's hard to screw those furballs up. I didn't buy the rest. Anakin could have been better, be eh.

bigbarada
11-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Just picked up a McSolo this weekend, awesome figure! :thumbsup:

I actually didn't want to open him because he just looks so cool on the card. This figure is probably tied with McChewie as my favorite of the concept figures thus far. Starkiller Leia being my other favorite. My only question for these concept figures is, "Why so much purple and lavender in their costumes?"

I'll talk more about McSolo in KH's thread and I'll try to get some pictures later.

Engineernerd
11-27-2007, 05:55 PM
I just saw the Spirit of Anakin tonight. I have to say, I really like this board, and all of the kind comments on my reviews. However, there is no way I was buying that figure. OMG. This has got to be the worst figure of the year easily.

Why wouldn't they have done him in blue at least to match the Cinema Scene? And why soft goods? He ain't going to be flying no star fighter.

Barada thanks for taking one for the team on this one.

JediTricks
11-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Because he wasn't blue as a spirit - we should not be slaved to that cinema scene, it's pretty dodgy even for the era.

The soft goods on the prototype I think added an ethereal quality to the figure, but all the production sample photos I've seen of the figure have just looked too sloppy to make it work.

plasticfetish
11-29-2007, 01:27 AM
However, there is no way I was buying that figure.Sometimes the best way to criticize something, is just to skip the thing all together.

Not that I was gonna buy this one... but yeah, thanks to bigbarada for cementing that.

bigbarada
11-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Sometimes the best way to criticize something, is just to skip the thing all together.

Not that I was gonna buy this one... but yeah, thanks to bigbarada for cementing that.

Glad I could do my part. My $7 wasted will only help you all save $7 in the future.:yes:

The sad thing is, most people will probably only buy him to complete the coin collection.

Blue2th
11-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Glad I could do my part. My $7 wasted will only help you all save $7 in the future.:yes:

The sad thing is, most people will probably only buy him to complete the coin collection.

The even sadder thing is we (the completists) buy him for the coin, loose figure, then a carded example to complete the collection in numerical order hanging on the wall. :cross-eye

JediTricks
11-30-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks to Funny Money, I now have wave 7 (minus Anakin, which I won't buy because of the Hayden issue :p).

Tycho Celchu - main helmet doesn't look right on him, it's too bulky or something. Secondary helmet looks even worse, too thick. Head looks a little goofy. Body is good, though I don't like the arched back and high waist articulation.

Ewoks - new articulation is good, but their tubby bodies get in the way a little. Graak's hood doesn't look quite right and having his arrow quiver as part of it was a bad choice, though it is cool that he has a quiver that works. Romba's removable knive is keen, though the sheath often comes off his "belt" as well. Not entirely interesting set though, but fleshes out the Ewok hoards.

R2 - the green muck on this figure is unconvincing because he's otherwise clean, and I don't remember R2 actually having green and mud splotches on him in the film. The dome is put together extremely sloppily, so the seams leave a lot of excess glue. And what's the point of doing this figure without his buzzsaw when the figure it's based on has it? The net is kinda fun, almost big enough. But the stretcher is an exercise in frustration, it's heavily warped and then it's very difficult to actually put the little ropes around R2.

Concept Han - the head and outfit neckline are a little off, which detracts IMO a bit. The eyes are totally different, which is a shame. Also, the loose chest box as part of the cape is a tad too floppy. And he seems too small. But he has the basic look down, even if it is slightly purple. The saber is new, and another oversized hilt, he comes with a deactivated hilt which plugs onto his belt... sorta, it's so big it stretches the belt holder badly. He's also got a gun and holster, the gun is a tad plain. Ultimately, this figure is good but not quite "great" in my book.

Kidhuman
11-30-2007, 08:06 PM
I got my wave 7 today in the mail, I opened all but that damn Anakin carp figure. I like the opthers, I agree with JT on the Tycho, the helmets are a bit odd. The secondary one looks like a bald wig.

JediTricks
12-01-2007, 02:38 AM
An ill-fitting bald wig, at that!

jjreason
12-01-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm a lot happier with Tycho now that I've seen him in person. The face is somehow less cartoonish - maybe the pics I saw in advance were just blown up to the point of making him look that way. Very pleased with this.

The Ewoks look cool, but seem to be of lesser quality than Chief Chirpa somehow. Hard to explain, but it's the feel of the paint and the way the joints move... or something. I guess getting 2 for 1 will cause that. Thumbs up anyhow....

Spirit Anakin is awful. The feel of that cloth is REALLY odd... I imagine it would be gone in a snap if it ever approached an open flame. :D

Concept Han is neato. I love my concept figures, and have been keeping them on a separate shelf. Getting waves 6 and 7 tonight really added to the group - but does General McQuarrie fit in here, or with the others? Tough call...

R2. The net and spit are fine... but I'm with JT. There are too many issues with the R2. The glue on the dome is present on mine as well - to the point where I told my son to go wash his hands as he was leaving prints on the poor droids dome... I'm only realizing now that's not what happened (yes, for you sensitive types, I'll apologize to Tom in a minute :D ). They really need to knock off the chrome domes for R2.... ever since the difference was brought to my attention years ago (by JT, if I'm not mistaken) I'm bothered more and more by it every time another one comes out.

Ji'dai
12-01-2007, 06:17 PM
but does General McQuarrie fit in here, or with the others? Tough call... I got one to open and put in my Hoth display, but I think he'd look out of place standing next to the concept figures.

I am thinking of getting another to keep carded and to display with my carded concept figure set though.

AmanaMatt
12-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Great reviews, Big Barada. Agree with most, except Spirit Anakin.

While this fig is not really 'my cup of tea' I did get one carded and really dig the look of it - the fact that he is SA, warrants a much higher score than "F" but that is just me - from the card, I'd give him a "B"

JediTricks
12-02-2007, 03:44 PM
"B" seems pretty generous when the likeness is so dubious and there are all those other issues at play.

Glad I could "help" on that JJ. ;)

Engineernerd
12-02-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm going to side with JediTricks on this one. D+/C- at best.

Sadly, the one fugly Anankin I've seen was bought the next day. I feel pity on whoever picked him up. They passed up a cargo net R2 when they got him.

jedibear
12-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Got all the entries in this wave...
Big Barada's pretty on the mark with the grades, although I'd probably be a little more generous with my praise overall...

The McQuarrie Han is another great entry in that McQuarrie line...the ewoks are cool (but one thing is interesting to me...put the earlier release of Wicket with them and it's apparent that Hasbro needs to revisit him someday...he's huge compared to these two and Chirpa from last year! I like the additional articulation and detailing though on these new ones...it looks good.
The Tycho figure is very good, with great, well-engineered articulation and detailing. Not so hot on the put 'em on yourself leg straps though...they seem a little thick for the scale.
The R2/Cargo Net/Litter set is good, although it is really odd that they didn't go with a more accessorized (saw-arm) R2 to go with it...and yes, let's lose the chrome-dome for silver paint...it would look less toy like (check out the R2-B1 in the next wave to see how good it can look).
And Anakin...let's chalk this up to a noble failure. It's easy to see where they were going with this, but that Liberace bathrobe and the mushy sculpt just kill it.
It's a wave with enough decent figures in it...

Kidhuman
12-03-2007, 07:20 PM
I had to do it. I could not bear to look at that fugliness called spirit of Anakin. I ordered the case from NFC and refused to open Anakin. I ended up returning him to a store today. Nobody deserves that figure. I couldnt even bring myself to put it in a Toys for Tots bin.