PDA

View Full Version : SSG's Bi-Weekly Hasbro Q&A - November 9th

JediTricks
11-09-2007, 07:04 PM
The last Q&A before Thanksgiving, it's Hasbro's answers to SSG questions for November 9, 2007. Thanks again to Hasbro for the answers, to all the folks who sent in questions and especially those who voted on them.

Hasbro Q&A for the week of November 9th

Q: If Hasbro feels that mid-sized vehicles is the way to go, then will we be seeing more airspeeders and landspeeders in the forseeable future? Some of the airspeeders are pretty much snubfighter sized. (side note: this question was the second-oldest question still on our voting list, it was there since round 7, July of 2006!)
A: By now, fans have seen more of our vehicle direction as we have announced the AT-AP and the Grievous Starfighter. We prefer aggressive vehicles for the new tools, and unfortunately airspeeders are pretty much not the coolest and most aggresive vehicles. So we'll be focusing on other opportunities that Clone Wars (and the films) have given us for the foreseeable future.

- -

Q: With the inclusion of KotOR charaters Darth Revan and Darth Malak in the TAC line, and Darth Nihilus in one of the upcoming Evolutions packs, is Hasbro considering including KotOR vehicles in the Titanium 3" line such as the Ebon Hawk, Leviathon, and Sith Fighter?
A: They are not in the plan - but we are looking at EU possibilities for future waves, and it's possible someday they could make it into the line.

- -

Q: In the Art of Revenge of the Sith book, there was a detailed piece of concept art from Aaron McBride of the Mon Calamari Female Dancer. The concept is applied in ROTS as the dancers in the Squid Lake scene (yes, it's really called that). What are the chances of seeing this Mon Cal Dancer design turned into a figure, especially using the striking design from the concept art? And if you were to make her into a figure, would you give her a name?
A: Long-term chances are not too bad - but it may take a few years. Actually, this exact figure has been "on the bubble" (not a bad pun) for a few years now, on our wish lists we draw up for a given year, but has been put off in favor of other figures.

- -

And the questions at ActionFigs.com (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1384):

Hypothetically, assuming there were 2 large battle packs coming out this holiday season, 1 from ESB and another from ROTJ, and both of these sets had versions of the AT-ST vehicle in them, why so many AT-STs at once? Granted, some collectors still don't have a version of the AT-ST vehicle, but would they really want 2 different sets with them coming out at the same time, hypothetically speaking?
Since there has been buzz about doing a Willrow Hood (ice cream guy) figure, is there a chance that you'll visit other obscure characters from Bespin such as Treva Horme, Wiorkettle, and alien Bespin guard Utris M'toc? These characters are visually more interesting than Hood (many people think so), and Trooper M'toc could be the basis for a potential army builder as he's a Bespin security officer.
Hasbro's made it clear that the McQuarrie Signature series concept figures have exceeded expectations. There's plenty more concept art designs to mine for new takes on main characters, villains, creatures, and more. With the Evolutions line returning with new concepts, would Hasbro consider doing a McQuarrie- or concept-art-inspired Evolutions pack, showing the different stages of a character from inception to finalization? Also, can we hope to see concept figures from ROTJ some day?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-09-2007, 07:11 PM
That's kinda cool about the Mon Calamari dancer, that she's almost been made. These were some pretty good answers.

El Chuxter
11-09-2007, 07:36 PM
I thought they were being snide at first with the "hypothetically" answer, then remembered that they still can't discuss it for some reason.

I like the Cloud Car in both scenes it's in. I wonder if that means we might get two next year.

Tycho
11-10-2007, 01:40 AM
It's not too hard to figure out what $20 vehicles we could get:

AT-AP
Grievous' Starfighter
V-19 Torrent Starfighter
Homing Spider Droid

Wookiee Catamaran?
Clone Swamp Speeder
Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
(undersized) Droid Gunship

I don't know if they'll shrink the Gungan Submarine down to this price range.
The Gian Speeder (TPM) might also be a candidate for the Naboo.

Battle Droid
11-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Techno Union Starfighter
Porax-38 Starfighter
Republic Assault Gunboat

Cane_Adiss
11-10-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm ECSTATIC about Hasbro's answer to the Mon Cal Dancer question. I'm hoping we will see her in 2009! I'm also somewhat pleased with their answer to my Bespin aliens question on Actionfigs.com. Utris M'toc was the figure I wanted most out of the 3 I mentioned and it looks like the next time they do a Bespin Guard it will be Utris M'toc. Hooray!

El Chuxter
11-10-2007, 01:16 PM
It seems odd, though, that they've actually considered the Mon Cal dancer, but act as if a proper Evazan is this totally weird idea that no one in their right mind would think of.

Beast
11-10-2007, 01:24 PM
It seems odd, though, that they've actually considered the Mon Cal dancer, but act as if a proper Evazan is this totally weird idea that no one in their right mind would think of.
That's cause the Mon Cal dancer is awesome. And Evazan, well... isn't. ;)

Tycho
11-10-2007, 01:25 PM
I think we're getting the black Bespin Guard (vintage update) in 2008 as well. Finally, Cloud City is getting some more attention since it's been since 2004 I think.

I'd love an U'triss M'Toc figure, too. Wiorkettle and Treva Horme would be nice, too. I'm going to use Leia Starkiller as one of the human women visiting or working there.

El Chuxter
11-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Evazan speaks, interacts with the main character, and is the worst figure of the modern line that hasn't been re-done. The Mon Cal dancer is cool, but I don't think she can actually be seen (or at least recognized) onscreen.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Wow Hasbro actually gave answers this time around!!:thumbsup:
As cool as the Mon Cal dancer is i dont think it should be in the main line, but as a exclusive, still it's a welcomed figure in my opinion. I was reading on one of the other question and answers from hasbro that 2008 we will be seeing more female characters, which i think is great news, Toryn Farr anyone?:laugh:
I do agree we need a new DR Evazden!!!!!!

Kidhuman
11-10-2007, 10:06 PM
I liked the Hypothetical answer and glad they didnt no comment it.

The Bespin answer was nice, hopefully we will get the figures.

I have to agree with EC on the Mon Cal dancer. I would rather get a new Evanzan then her

Tycho
11-10-2007, 11:14 PM
I was reading on one of the other question and answers from hasbro that 2008 we will be seeing more female characters, which i think is great news

So they'll consider it an accomplishment when SL TC-14 starts to pegwarm as them having giving us more female figures? ;)

JediTricks
11-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Evazan speaks, interacts with the main character, and is the worst figure of the modern line that hasn't been re-done.Oh yeah? What about Darth Vader? Ohhhhhhhh. :(

The Mon Cal dancer is cool, but I don't think she can actually be seen (or at least recognized) onscreen.That's what I argued, but they brought out visual evidence suggesting it's (barely) recognizable in the film, there's actually 3 of 'em.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-11-2007, 04:09 PM
So they'll consider it an accomplishment when SL TC-14 starts to pegwarm as them having giving us more female figures? ;)

LOL, If i was a betting man (which i am) i would say these said female figures they plan on bringing out in 08 will be just as rare as TC was the first time around, and now since i've never actually seen the droid outside of specality shops. I seen that as maybe just maybe Toryn Farr, Tonnakas (Snow ball's chance in Hell but maybe) may, just may be made. At least they could give us a Jainia Solo...it would shut me up for a month or so! :)

Tycho
11-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Ladies from our votes and beyond (women of standing in our current EU poll):

Beru Whitesun
Yarna dal Gargon
Queen Jamilla
Torryn Farr
Jocasta Nu
Brea Tonnika
Padme Senator (AOTC)
Queen Amidala (purple dress)
Mother Ewok w. Wokling
Tonbuck Toora

Jaina Solo
Guri
Admiral Daala
Ysanne Isard
Nomi Sunrider
Mara Jade Skywalker (Jedi)
Siri Tachi
Tenel Ka Djo
Leia Organa-Solo (40's)
Tahiri Veila
Winter
Mallatabuck
Bastilla Shan
Ackmena

In Kidhuman's alternate Top 50 list from our movie polling days, Padme in her yellow dress from AOTC was also a top vote getter. Additionally, so was Princess Leia from the Rebel Medical Frigate (ESB). Much of our lists arrived at the same results though - only strengthening their validity.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I would personally welcome any and all of those figures mentioned. I've always thought that women got the shaft in the figure market. Though i can see Bastilla getting made in 08, espically with Revan and Malick doing so well. Beru would be surprising to say the least, but ya never know. I figured Leia would get a new figure, i have no idea what she would or could get, since most of her figures do suck, with the exception of her in bounty hunter gear...were would they even go to, though i do hope Hoth...medical Frigate would be cool as well, since one of the book covers had her in that outfit as a jedi knight it could serve multiple roles in displays. Padme, i dont have much love for, but she does need more figures made, the yellow dress would be cool. Tenel Ka would be great, but i don't see her getting made until Jacen and Jainia and the rest of the books main characters get made first. Guri is a show in for the comic packs, i hope they use her Shadows of the Empire dress outfit over her purple pilots uniform from shadows 2.