PDA

View Full Version : More KB's Closing?

DarthQuack
11-10-2007, 01:29 AM
http://www.berkshireeagle.com/ci_7391486?source%253Dmost_viewed.20F88DA3D7D369F5 BB70F372987EAE1F.html

I checked and saw that one is closing near me....hoping to jump on some sales.

TeeEye7
11-10-2007, 01:59 AM
KB folded its tent in my town about 3 years ago.

TRU, Target, and WallyWorld gave it a good drubbing until it gave up. We had two stores, and the personnel were great in both. Always helpful. Anti-scalper (because they were collectors, too). Couldn't say that about the others I listed.

bigbarada
11-10-2007, 02:04 AM
I haven't seen a KB Toys in years. Not since the Ep2 figures first started showing up way back in 2002.

El Chuxter
11-10-2007, 02:31 AM
Great. The one in the outlet mall near me is closing. With the music store and book stores already closed, this will mean there won't be nothing for me to do there when Mrs Chuxter wants to shop for shoes. (The most interesting place will be the kitchen goods store, which is cool for about 5-10 minutes.)

Ah well. This was a KB Outlet that rarely had jacksquat anyway.

Blue2th
11-10-2007, 05:28 AM
The one KB's left in my town will probably close. I see more people in the scalper store next door.
Gee, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out where all KB's good stuff goes.

Rocketboy
11-10-2007, 09:30 AM
You guys sound sad that you won't have to pay $12 for SW figures anymore.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2007, 04:04 PM
All the ones near me closed long ago. I remember going to one quite a lot when the Special Editions came out and everything was shiny and brand new for me.

Despite the prices, they did get in some great stuff once in a while and often had some killer sales.

BountyHunterScum
11-10-2007, 05:57 PM
I hope they close the one in chesterfield towne center because it never has any good crap and everything I go there I waste my time because they never have anything. The plus is I get Sushi on my way out.

Obi-Don
11-21-2007, 12:53 AM
I hated to see the one at our mall close. It was the only reason to go there. Also my friend ran the place and was a good place to get stuff because he was really into Star Wars. My wife hated it but I love it. My friend would always save stuff back for me. But thats gone now:sad:. I have to hunt for the things I want and fight with all those stock people holding things back for themselfs and their friends. Good news, My friend that ran the KB now works at Wal-Mart:D. One day I may yet get my foot back in the door.

kool-aid killer
11-21-2007, 07:54 PM
The lone one left in a shopping mall in Omaha is closing out, probably after the holiday season. That will leave us with one thats out in a clearance shopping center.