PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Sales

Kidhuman
11-10-2007, 09:13 PM
http://www.black-friday.net/

Target and Best Buy have some great sales on DVD's. WM removed their ad so we cant see what they have.

DarthQuack
11-10-2007, 09:23 PM
www.bfads.com (http://www.bfads.com)
www.blackfriday.info (http://www.blackfriday.info)

Enjoy!

El Chuxter
11-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Wal-Mart b***in' about unfair competition? That's a frigging laugh.

These don't look that amazing this year. :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Star Wars items from the first link:

KBtoys.com
Star Wars Battle Packs (various styles) - $14.99
Star Wars The Saga Collection Action Figures - $5.99

Target
Star Wars II For PS2, DS, or XBox 360 - $17.99

Toys R Us
Star Wars Battle Attacks Arena Encounter - $59.99
Star Wars Force Action Lightsaber - $19.99
Star Wars Force FX Lightsaber (Vader, Yoda or Skywalker) - $99.99
Star Wars Galactic Heroes: The Battle of Hoth - $24.99
Star Wars Y-Wing Fighter - $34.99

Nothing really too amazing; everything from TRU is the normal price and I don't know what Target's item even is. I might look into the Battlepacks at the KB site, though. I'll be hitting up a Target to get those Ultimate Battlepacks (if they are indeed coming out that day) and might check out some of those DVDs.

BountyHunterScum
11-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Wal-Mart b***in' about unfair competition? That's a frigging laugh.

These don't look that amazing this year. :(

Nope nothing special at all I was actually expecting to see Ultimate Ripoff though. Since he's such a hot toy and all :rolleyes:.

General_Grievous
11-13-2007, 10:30 AM
I might actually head over to Best Buy to pick up some DVDs and Target to pick up "Call of Duty 4" for the Xbox 360.

JediTricks
11-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Target
Star Wars II For PS2, DS, or XBox 360 - $17.99"Star Wars LEGO II - The Original Trilogy", I believe. They would be trying to get rid of it with SW LEGO Complete Saga coming soon which has that game's material in it.

Toys R Us
Star Wars Battle Attacks Arena Encounter - $59.99
Star Wars Force Action Lightsaber - $19.99
Star Wars Force FX Lightsaber (Vader, Yoda or Skywalker) - $99.99
Star Wars Galactic Heroes: The Battle of Hoth - $24.99
Star Wars Y-Wing Fighter - $34.99

Nothing really too amazing; everything from TRU is the normal price and I don't know what Target's item even is. There is one thing on sale in that TRU ad, it's the SW Master Replicas Force FX Lightsaber, they usually sell it for $119.99.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-13-2007, 10:22 PM
I dunno folks, Best Buy having 50% of ALL HBO seasons. Now would be a good time for me to get into THE SORPANOS and pick up that half season of ENTOURAGE that came out a few months ago. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
11-14-2007, 05:49 AM
I am going to be hunting Deadwood Season 3 and possibly Curb seasons at BB.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2007, 07:20 AM
I am going to be hunting Deadwood Season 3 and possibly Curb seasons at BB.

I'm afraid to ask, but what are the Early Bird times at BB? I couldn't find it on their. And good thinking on Curb. that's not a bad idea! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
11-15-2007, 05:45 AM
It opens at 5. Go to www.blackfriday.gottadeal.com and it lists the opening times

El Chuxter
11-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Curb is half-off at Best Buy, but (according to their site) their regular price is $34.99. So half price would be $17.50 each.

Circuit City has them on sale through Wednesday for $14.99. They're not online, though.

TeeEye7
11-19-2007, 11:56 AM
OK, I have to ask:

How many of you score big on Black Friday sales? And how often through the years?

I've sworn off fighting the crowds years ago because, for me, the stores never seem to have enough stock to support their advertisements. I refuse to stand in line hours before the stores open with a bunch of dill weeds who think nothing of stampeding over women and babies just to get their nuclear powered toasters at Target for $9.99 plus rebate.

I tend to look for deals throughout the year, anyway, and then stow it until the fat man in the red suit makes his appearance.

Just wondering.

jedi master sal
11-19-2007, 12:14 PM
OK, I have to ask:

How many of you score big on Black Friday sales? And how often through the years?

I've sworn off fighting the crowds years ago because, for me, the stores never seem to have enough stock to support their advertisements. I refuse to stand in line hours before the stores open with a bunch of dill weeds who think nothing of stampeding over women and babies just to get their nuclear powered toasters at Target for $9.99 plus rebate.

I tend to look for deals throughout the year, anyway, and then stow it until the fat man in the red suit makes his appearance.

Just wondering.

I wouldn't say I score "big," but I've had some nice scores. Worth the hassle, prolly not. I'mnot doing BF this year. I'll get the stuff I want soon after when the crowds aren't as bad.

El Chuxter
11-19-2007, 12:28 PM
I generally wait a few hours and hit the stores. The doorbusters are always pretty impossible to get. Last year, there were about a hundred people camped in front of the nearest Best Buy at 10AM on Thursday morning for something or other.

After about 9-10, the crowds (while still heavy) have died down considerably, and there are still great deals to be had. Circuit City in particular always has a ton of really, really cheap movies. And Target has plenty of stock on their two-day sale stuff even into the next day (though things like particular DVDs sell out sometimes).

Costco is always a good place to hit up, since they have a free cookbook every year and amazing cuts (provided you have a coupon, which they'll normally just give you) on kitchen stuff. Like this year, there's a top-of-the-line food processor for $20 off the already discounted price. Not as exciting as a video game, but hella handy in the kitchen. (But, again, they'll have better deals overall, including usually some amazing deals on DVD sets, in about two weeks.)

By evening, most stores are dead. I'm not even kidding. I tend to look for stuff I see on sale, and, if it's gone, I don't worry too much about it. Especially in the last few years, when stores seem to run better sales a week or so later, anyway.

Blue2th
11-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I went down to Sears this morning to get a preview of the 52" Panasonic LIFI HDTV. 1080P. It's a projection TV, but I had heard on G4 "Attack of the Show"-Feed, that it will be dropping below $1000.00 for Black Friday. Regular price is $1500.00 right now.
It has some kind of special tube that's guaranteed for six years.
Still considering it, but after seeing the new Samsung LCD with a feature that virtually eliminates the jerky movements associated with LCD and 25,000 to1 contrast ratio, I might wait.
They were playing POTC Blue-Ray on it, and it was so sharp that for a couple of minutes there, I thought it was a documentary on "The making of POTC"
I could not believe how sharp it was.

Doh! gonna have to compromise or save them $$$'s

Kidhuman
11-19-2007, 05:26 PM
OK, I have to ask:

I score big every year I go shopping. None bigger than when I worked in the store and got there at 4 and took what I wanted Before the crowds got in.

I scored alot of stuff last year for about 20 bucks, kids gifts, wifes, she got me mine as well. Toys, clothes, DVD's and all.

Ji'dai
11-19-2007, 08:54 PM
I rarely find anything on Black Friday. I'm usually not interested in the door buster stuff and I don't "collect" entertainment (CDs/DVDs). I mainly go for the LEGO or action figure sales, if any, then I'll hit small Wal-Marts in neighboring towns to see if they restocked SW figures.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Just a heads up: Bestbuy.com has the black friday sales on their site RIGHT NOW. I got home from a good night of drinkin' this morning around 3 a.m. and noticed they were up. So, in the morning, I ordered some stuff including seasons 3-5 of CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM as they're 16.99 and seasons 1-2 of EXTRAS as they were 13.49.

Now I can sleep in tomorrow. yay!! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
11-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Passed by Best Buy and there literally over 300 people in line. I said F that. Went to Target and got:

Weequay/Barada GH pack
R2-B1 legends figure
RA-7 Legends figure
Family Guy 3 and 4(15 bucks)
Friends Seasons 1&2 (5 bucks)
Lots of kids clothes also.

Went to Big Lots and got a bunch of Christmas decorations and stuff also.

Not a bad day overall. Spent 300 bucks

UKWildcat
11-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Seinfeld Season 8 DVD @ Target - $15
30 GB Microsoft Zune @ RadioShack w/ Free Case - $95 (may keep, may sell)

I may place an order at Amazon for some HD-DVDs that they have for sale; B2G1 (http://amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000162991&plpage=1).

El Chuxter
11-24-2007, 02:16 AM
I got Family Guy Volume 4 and Shrek 3 today. Didn't see much worth getting elsewhere. I was visiting family, and the Circuit City near them sucks. I was hoping to get Red Steel ($10 for a Wii samurai game is a must-have deal), but they were out.

Also, in the non-entertaining but quite useful category, Costco has an 11-cup food processor with a bazillion attachments for $120, which is about half what it costs elsewhere without extras. I plan to try out Alton's recipe for homemade hamburger as soon as humanly possible. (The guy is a god, you know, and a god must make some damned good burgers.)

Blue2th
11-24-2007, 12:12 PM
I went out on Black Friday to one Target hoping to see the new mega-battlepacks, or at least any of the anticipated exclusives. There were none, and no shelf space anywhere for them to have once been.
As a matter of fact there wasn't anything that I don't see on a regular run.
I couldn't stand the crowd for more than ten minutes, so I went home.
Think I'll hit them on Monday when the crowds have thinned, and they might actually have time to stock something.
I think they just suckered everyone in on Black Friday to clear out existing stock, but then isn't that what BF is for?

Uncle Salty
11-29-2007, 12:39 AM
i guess its a little late, but kb had the vintage figures (the ones in the clam shell cases) for half off. i didn't see much left, just some greedoes. i used to like greedo but there have been too many of them, now i don't care if i ever see him again.

TeeEye7
11-25-2008, 12:02 PM
*BUMP*

You know you'll be posting here this week.....;)

bobafrett
11-25-2008, 04:56 PM
I'll be working at 6 a.m. on that Friday, but my stupid schedule has me off Wednesday and Thanksgiving, working 6 to 3 on Friday, and off Saturday and Sunday, followed with 9 straight days of work. I won't have any money to spend until the paycheck on December 11th.

JEDIpartner
12-01-2008, 09:29 AM
I stopped at Target to get Psych - season two for $13.98. That was all I got this weekend. LOL

Blue2th
12-01-2008, 05:41 PM
So I finally ventured out of my house on Cyber-Monday, after skipping the whole weekend. Only found a couple of items.
The crowds were still thick. I mostly saw women spending the husband's money I presumed.
All I could think was move to the side or do something and get your fat as* bedunkedunk and your shopping cart out of my way for crisakes you're blocking the isle in your daydream! Though I'm still polite. I think I might have said excuse me a hundred times.
I keep an eye out for the pretty girls, but I think I only saw one today. :tired: