PDA

View Full Version : Wave 8 out NOW!

Thunderbird
11-13-2007, 05:37 PM
I just found wave 8 this morining at Wal Mart. 2 of each but only one concept Rebel Trooper:D. Kinda cool but I'm still missing most of wave 7 and I haven't even heard of anyone get 7.5 yet. Oh well at least I'm that much closer for my full set of coins:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Holy balls. I just found wave 7 a few days ago; I don't think the repaint wave is out quite yet.

After this summer, they're really hittin' us hard with the damn figures. :D

El Chuxter
11-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Wow. They really need to work on their distribution. This could bankrupt many of us.

Kidhuman
11-13-2007, 09:38 PM
et the F**K out of here, this is insane. I still havent gotten wave 7 and never saw wave 6 at stores, this is insane.

Battle Droid
11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
I haven't seen 5, 6, or 7, and just found 4 the other day.

bigbarada
11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
I wonder if Hasbro plans to just keep releasing TAC figures until the middle of next year like they did for Saga2 this year. If not, then waves 6-8 could be some of the rarer figures in recent years just because they're coming out too fast for retailers to keep up.

We saw nothing new for about 2/3rds of the year, now we're suddenly getting 3-4 waves showing up all at once.

I'm just glad I picked up a Tycho figure when I had the chance. I wonder if I'll ever see another one at retail?

JediTricks
11-13-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm a little annoyed that the McQuarrie Rebel Trooper is 1 per case when the last few McQuarries have been 2 per case in their waves. It's gonna make getting this one pretty difficult. I have a McFett for trade on him but the reality is it's going to be that pain in the *** holdout item that has "scalper" stamped right on the bubble.

jedi master sal
11-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Gah, this is insane.

Way too many waves at once. Not enough older product coming off the pegs in some areas for us to get that new stuff.

I've been buying cases instead of retail lately and my distributor is a little behind right now. Still haven't got word of wv7 yet. And now wv8 is at retail (as well as on HTS-even if it's out of stock right now).

Plus no word of 7.5..

This is all just ridiculous.

Oh and don't forget al of the freakin' exclusives due out before the end of the year.

Target is getting no less than 4 that I recall:
ARC-170 (Space Whale Deco)
ARC-170 crew battle pack
Ultra Battle pack Hoth
Ultra Battle pack Endor

Not to mention Grevious Starfighter and Obi-wan's Jedi Starfighter w/hyperspace ring hot on the tails of all of this.

These last 6-7 weeks of 2007 are going to be very expensive for many of us. To the point that some are going to have to pass over stuff or wait and hope they can still find it after the holidays.

The unfortunate thing about that is that we all know end of the year stuff tends to be in shorted supplly. Whether that be from decreased production or more likely holidays shoppers/purchases.

dindae
11-14-2007, 09:31 AM
I remember thinking less than two months ago that there was no way Hasbro would get all of the figures out to retail by the end of the year. Silly me. I'm hoping for some barn burning sales on Black Friday for the Target exclusives but since they are exclusives I doubt that will happen. I'm 2 figures away from being caught up and I'm still expecting to spend $300 on Star Wars before the end of the year.

JON9000
11-14-2007, 10:36 AM
I haven't yet been able to find Hermie or Cartoon Fett, and I really wanted them! :cry:

General_Grievous
11-14-2007, 10:58 AM
I haven't found 7 yet. Slow down, Hasbro!

Val Da Car
11-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Wow,

I feel bad for you guys.

I found Hermi at Kohl's Department store, Wave 7 at Target in the past 10 days.

They yesterday Target received a UGH Wave...talk about going backwards.

but I just want the McQ figure and a few others from the next two waves.

No reports of wave 8 in the midwest just yet

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Target is getting no less than 4 that I recall:
ARC-170 (Space Whale Deco)
ARC-170 crew battle pack
Ultra Battle pack Hoth
Ultra Battle pack Endor
Actually, there are a few more - the TIE Bomber and AT-RT set. Here's a list of all the 2007/early 2008 product that has not been reported as being found yet, but with wave 8 still included (as far as I know):

Basic Figures
48. Darth Vader
49. Clone Trooper (7th Legion Trooper)
50. Clone Trooper (Hawkbat Battalion)
51. R2-B1
52. Naboo Soldier
53. Rebel Vanguard Trooper
54. Pax Bonkik
55. Clone Trooper (Training Fatigues)
56. Padmé Amidala
57. Jango Fett
58. Voolvif Monn
59. Destroyer Droid
60. Concept Rebel Trooper (Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series)
1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
2. Darth Vader
3. Commander Gree
4. Kashyyyk Trooper
5. Tri-Droid
6. Surgical Droid 2-1B
7. Po Nudo
8. Mustafar Panning Droid

Saga Legends Figures
*Battle Droids (tan - battle damage - no silver markings)
*Sandtrooper (Evolutions mold, orange pauldron)
*Sandtrooper (Evolutions mold, black pauldron)
*Pit Droids (white - straight arms)
*Pit Droids (brown - straight arms)
*Pit Droids (orange - straight arms)
*Clone Trooper Officer (green)

Comic Packs
14. Empire #39 - Lieutenant Jundland and Deena Shan
15. Empire #37 - Mouse in Disguise and Basso in Disguise
16. Tales #22 - Clone Commando and Super Battle Droid
*Star Wars #81 - Boba Fett and RA-7 Droid (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
*Republic #79 - Commander Keller and Galactic Marine (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
*Revenge of the Sith #4 - Obi-Wan Kenobi and Bail Organa (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

Battle Packs
*ARC-170 Elite Squad (Target Exclusive)
*AT-RT Assault Squad (Target Exclusive)
*Battle of Hoth (Target Exclusive)
*Battle of Endor (Target Exclusive)

Vehicles
*TIE Bomber (Target Exclusive)
*ARC-170 Fighter (Target Exclusive)
*General Grievous’ Starfighter
*AT-AP Walker
*Obi-Wan’s Starfighter & Hyperspace Ring (Toys R Us Exclusive)

As well as the EE Battlefront and Mandalorian sets, unless those are shipping. That's a lot of stuff.

Ji'dai
11-14-2007, 07:24 PM
The paint must not be dry on those 7.5 repaints yet.

I guess I've been fortunate in finding waves 4-7 at retail in quantities that I like to see in order to compare paint jobs and army build. The only rarity for me has been Starkiller. I bought the only one I've seen.

I only want two figures from wave 8 anyway, but it sucks that the McQuarrie figure is shortpacked. I have a feeling the Concept Trooper is going to be as hard to find as Starkiller was, especially with all the additional competition we're going to face from clueless holiday shoppers that infest toy aisles this time of year.

dindae
11-15-2007, 01:02 AM
JabbaJohnL
These have been reported

55. Clone Trooper (Training Fatigues)
56. Padmé Amidala
57. Jango Fett
58. Voolvif Monn
59. Destroyer Droid
60. Concept Rebel Trooper (Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series) - hence the thread

*Battle Droids (tan - battle damage - no silver markings) - I have found if not reported elsewhere
*Sandtrooper (Evolutions mold, orange pauldron) - ditto

*ARC-170 Elite Squad (Target Exclusive) - bluesnags picked it up according to his post

EE Battlefront - saw at my local comic shop although at $35 a set I passed as these will likely be available a while

jamesbondo07
11-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Wave 8 showed up on hasbroytoyshop today. I couldn't even get my cart ordered and they were gone.:cry:

Kidhuman
11-16-2007, 08:40 PM
I got 2 McRebels today from HTS

Old Fossil
11-19-2007, 07:40 AM
Found all of Wave 8 today, but only picked up the Concept Rebel and the Wolfman Jedi.

I have not seen Waves 7 or 7.5 at retail yet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Dindae, are you referring to the fourth battle droid variant? So far, I have tan with commander (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACSLBDs1.asp), maroon (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACSLBDs2.asp), and tan with silver battle damage (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACSLBDs3.asp). The one I listed as not being out yet is the fourth, or tan but with no silver markings (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACSLBDs4.asp), which are very similar in appearance to the third set. Is that the one you found?

I also stated in my post that I included wave 8 in the list despite the fact that they've been found.

EDIT: Well, no matter which set of droids you were talking about, I just found the fourth set at Wal-Mart, so I guess they are indeed out there.

jedimastergeorge06
11-25-2007, 01:48 PM
I went to my local toysrus last night bout an hour before they closed and they had all of wave 8 but just one concept rebel trooper. So it looked like to me that they must of gotten atleast two cases in yesterday but i was surprised that the rebel trooper was still sitting there right in front of all of them. Its to bad that i bought mine online last week or i would have gotten him but i did buy the jango fett and i think hes the best one that they have made so far and i went back today and they still had all of them but no rebel trooper of course. So i got the padme and the wolf jedi guy...( i wasnt planning on getting him but he looked cool up close so i got him anyway) so just a heads up when you think that you wont see any of the figures or whatever...your wrong...you never know what you might find...i was certainly surprised last night so dont give up...i know i wont. Toysrus had 3xjango fett, 3x padme, 3xclone trooper, 3xjedi wolf guy, x1 conept rebel trooper, 3x distroyer droid

Tycho
11-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Nice find. My TRU got Wave 7, which I nearly completed yesterday (want 1 more Ewok pack) but I didn't check today. Something to do later or tomorrow I guess...

Thanks for the encouragement though. How are the Clones? I'm pretty excited for these guys.

jedimastergeorge06
11-26-2007, 08:05 PM
my toysrus hasnt gotten the wave 7 in yet as far as i know. But the clone guy is ok im not big on him though. But hes cool.

Luuuuuuke
11-27-2007, 02:10 PM
I finally found this wave, except for the rebel. I only got Jango and the clone in training.

jedimastergeorge06
11-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Yeah im still waiting for wave 7 to pop up. maybe it will this week some time. I got the conept han from ebay so i just need the ewoks, awing pilot and the spirit anakin. My toysrus has been on a roll lately when they use to suck not they are about the only place that has anything new.

jedimastergeorge06
11-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Went back to my toysrus this morrning bout an hour in a half after they opened and found the tc-14...needless to say i got him. They had about 4 or 5 more. All the pegs were full of the legends figures so keep an eye out.

jedi master sal
12-01-2007, 02:29 AM
gawd...I have seen any wvs 7 or 7.5 and just three from wv8.

Thank goodness I'm buying cases on the net. I'll have all three of these waves completed in a week. (barring the extras I want of course)

plasticfetish
12-01-2007, 03:15 AM
Just to clarify, and unless I'm wrong, but a lot of the figures that are being mentioned at the top are from wave 9 aren't they?

edit: No, obviously I'm wrong there. My bad. I was a little confused about the whole 7, 7.5, 8 thing. Corrections made... and I'll be merging the two "Wave 8" threads.

Thunderbird
12-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Reposting something I just put in a thread about wave 9...

Wave 8 is: (48) Holographic Darth Vader, (49) Clone Trooper (7th Legion), (50) Clone Trooper (Hawkbat Battalion), (51) R2-B1, (52) Naboo Soldier, (53) Rebel Vanguard Trooper, and (54) Pax Bonkik.

So anyway... I spotted all of wave 8 today. I picked up R2-B1 and Pax Bonkik (can't skip droids of Rodians), but I'll wait on the rest 'til later.

I thought that was wave 7.5.

plasticfetish
12-01-2007, 03:40 PM
I thought that was wave 7.5.Hmmm... could be. Honestly, the whole ".5" thing is confusing. I always assumed that those were a re-work of an earlier wave.

Yeah... now that I look at it you're right. (Time to make some corrections I suppose.)

JediTricks
12-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Yes, the repaint wave is 7.5 even though it shipped after 8.

I found remnants of wave 8 at TRU last night, there were 2 Padmes, nobody wanted these - several collectors picked them up and put them back after I did the same. I did buy a Droideka and Clone Trainee though.

Destroyer Droid is indeed the '99 body with the '02 head, and the shield bubble is too small - the fig has to "hunch" down slightly to keep its head in it - and too opaque. The tray holds the shoulders in a way they're not designed for which warps them. Ultimately, nothing to write home about.

Clone Trainee is pretty decent, the likeness is spot-on. Shoulders are only standard joints and ankles are unarticulated, but otherwise it's nifty. The figure looks better armored than I expected, it won't do it for a lot of you but is a fun play feature. The blaster is still too large and bends once in the holster because of this, it also goes above his armpit.

jedibear
12-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Okay, I kinda hit a motherload today (after a VERY long dry spell here)...and I'm not sure what wave's what at his point so...

I picked up:
43. Ewoks
44. A-Wing Pilot (Tycho)
45. Anakin Skywalker (Ghost)
46. R2D2 (Cargo net)
47. McQuarrie Han Solo

49. Clone Trooper (7th Legion Trooper)
50. Clone Trooper (Hawkbat Battalion)
51. R2-B1
52. Naboo Soldier
53. Rebel Vanguard Trooper
54. Pax Bonkik

No luck with 55 and above yet or oddly enough 48 (Holo-Vader)
Is 48 shipping with the wave 7 or wave 8? I found it odd that he was the only figure missing(usually the McQ's are the first to go)...and it looked like they (WM) just put these out today (they've been stocking regularly throughout the day instead of just overnight)...

I also snagged my opener for the McQ Snowtrooper at Kohl's (a FANTASTIC figure). Our KM has NOTHING (literally) our KB is awash in Legends and our TRU is mile-high with big boxed exclusives and an occasional case or two of figures (lately Legends or the early waves).

I'm blown away that the collector god smiled on me today...usually I'm scrambling for the first few months of the new year to get the last few waves of the current one....

jedimastergeorge06
12-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Went to my toysrus today and found wave 7.5 believe it or not, i did not find the greedo guy but they had the rest. They had one of the holo vader and one of the clone trooper with poncho. I wasnt going to get the holo vader but he looked pretty cool so i got him anyway. So keep your eyes open this could mean that they are on their way.

BanthaPoodoo
12-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Found the entire wave 8 today (2 cases worth as a matter of fact)

Bought both McQuarrie Rebel Troopers & left the rest.

Figured they should be easy to get later on.

TheRealDubya
12-11-2007, 02:01 PM
I got my McReb, Jango and Wolfy Pants last night; LOVE the Jango and the McReb has some crazy, old school, vintage thing going for him. For whatever reason, he might be my favorite McQuarrie. It's almost like some unmade Kenner artifact. Wolfman is cool.

Ric Olie
12-17-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm still looking for the McSnowtrooper and the McRebel Trooper but I did see the repainted Naboo Soldier. It's hilarious because the picture on the card looks like Bill Paxton.

TheRealDubya
12-17-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm still looking for the McSnowtrooper and the McRebel Trooper but I did see the repainted Naboo Soldier. It's hilarious because the picture on the card looks like Bill Paxton.

I thought the exact same thing and started chuckling at Target this weekend.

doch18
12-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Found the entire wave at TRU on Christmas Eve.....which is odd because our TRU usually has less than nothing. Still missing 44-54 though.

tagmac
12-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Found a ton of wave 8 at TRU this morning, all but the McTrooper of course. Got one each of the rest, but I'm guessing, based on the numbers of what was left, someone came in and bought only the troopers earlier on.

Val Da Car
01-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Found all but the McClam Rebel at Target in Racine,WI