PDA

View Full Version : New GHOSTBUSTERS game due out in 2008 for all Platforms!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Vivendi, Sony call 'Ghostbusters'
Duo pact on videogame franchise
By BEN FRITZ
'Ghostbusters'

Vivendi Games is pacting with Sony Pictures to turn "Ghostbusters" into a videogame franchise.
First title in what the publisher hopes will be a series of "Ghostbusters" games is set for release in fall '08 from Vivendi's Sierra label.

All four members of the movie team -- Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Bill Murray and Harold Ramis -- will be giving voice and likeness rights for the game. Some supporting castmembers have signed up as well, including William Atherton, Brian Doyle Murray and Annie Potts.

In addition, film scribes Aykroyd and Ramis will pen a story for the vidgame that takes place in the early '90s, after "Ghostbusters II," during a new ghoul invasion of New York City.

Deal comes on the heels of several other classic movies that have recently been adapted into successful vidgames, including EA's "The Godfather" and Vivendi's own "Scarface: The World Is Yours."

"We noticed we did well on 'Scarface' and were alert for new opportunities to turn iconic film products into games in a way that is a new manifestation of the franchise," Vivendi Games CEO Bruce Hack said. "'Ghostbusters' is unquestionably among the small number of movies in that class."

Vivendi has sold more than 2.5 million units of last year's "Scarface" game worldwide, grossing more than $125 million and making it a solid success, if not quite at the level of top franchises like "Halo." Though Vivendi hasn't yet confirmed plans, a sequel is known to be in the works.

Hack noted that, in making both deals, Vivendi did a survey of gamers asking which movie properties they would like to see turned into videogames. "Scarface" and "Ghostbusters" were both in the top five.

Publisher is particularly optimistic for the chances of "Ghostbusters" because, unlike the young male-targeted "Scarface," it has the potential to appeal to children and adults. Developer Terminal Reality is making a "Ghostbusters" game for PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 aimed primarily at the core gamer demographic, while Red Fly Studios is making a version for Playstation 2, Wii and DS designed more for families and casual gamers.

With the addition of "Ghostbusters," Vivendi now has several licensed franchises in its portfolio, including "Scarface," the Robert Ludlum books such as "Bourne Identity" and "Covert One," and rapper 50 Cent.

It's the first major vidgame deal for one of its library titles that Sony Pictures has made. Studio talked with several publishers before making a deal with Vivendi. Such deals can be quite lucrative because licensing revenue comes in with very little spending on the studio's side. Advances for multiyear deals on major franchises such as "Ghostbusters" are typically in the tens of millions of dollars.

"This brand is a very important asset for the studio, and we feel it's prime time for it to be rediscovered through videogames," said Mark Caplan, VP of Sony's consumer products division.

Several "Ghostbusters" games came out around the time of the two movies, and one in the past decade has been tied to the animated series "Extreme Ghostbusters."

source (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117976019.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&query=ghostbusters)

This makes me happy although I don'tget why X-Box 360, PC and PS3 get this "core gamer" aim and the Wii and whatnot get a game for "casual gamers an families." Maybe it's me, but the Wii has outsold PS3 by a few million units. :rolleyes:

It's great how the original cast is signed on and the idea of using the wiimote as a proton pack is FANTATSIC. Add in a four player mutiplayer and we're set. Just don't cross the streams.

JediTricks
11-15-2007, 03:32 PM
I love the idea of what they're getting at here, but I really hope they're able to make a solid game out of it, not just the same thing over and over every level which could be very easy to do since the basics are just "find ghost, set up trap, capture ghost".

This makes me happy although I don'tget why X-Box 360, PC and PS3 get this "core gamer" aim and the Wii and whatnot get a game for "casual gamers an families." Maybe it's me, but the Wii has outsold PS3 by a few million units. :rolleyes: Sales has nothing to do with it, it's all about WHO is buying them and WHO is using them, plus this is another area where processor power is going to make a difference, my beloved PS2 is also in the category you describe. Core gamers are willing to drop $350+ on a 360 or a PS3 because they have the power to deliver a stronger game to core gamers, while the Wii may be fun to play with but is limited in processing and is relegated to a specific control gimmick.

2-1B
11-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Will Ernie Hudson have time to pull himself away from the convention circuit to record some voiceover work? lol

General_Grievous
11-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Furthermore, will Dan Aykroyd have time to pull himself away from his ham sandwich to record voiceover work?

El Chuxter
11-15-2007, 10:48 PM
I doubt it. Dan Akroyd's too busy p***ing off old black guys in Mississippi by pretending to be the spokesman for the blues.

DarthQuack
11-16-2007, 11:06 AM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8626533&postcount=264

Screenshots.....

Rocketboy
11-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Here (http://thatvideosite.com/video/3858) is some footage of a Ghostbusters game from back in January. Since it is 11 months old I'm not sure if this is the same game or test footage or what.

El Chuxter
11-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Looks nice. I take it that, for some reason, Slimer is a bad guy now?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Here (http://thatvideosite.com/video/3858) is some footage of a Ghostbusters game from back in January. Since it is 11 months old I'm not sure if this is the same game or test footage or what.

No, that was from a different developer. From what I read, that footage was received so well that other companies started bidding to make a GB game and that company just got outbid.

JediTricks
11-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Those screenshots do look pulled out of the movie environ, but I just don't know if I like how the figures are being translated.

BTW, one more thing I forgot to mention about the Wii issue, this is the Gamecube all over again, nobody takes Nintendo consoles seriously for "core gamers", there's development issues (what Nintendo will and won't allow on the console), functionality issues (controller, media style), and processing power issues.

El Chuxter
11-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Even if they're right in saying that the "core gamers" go for the PS3 and XBox 360, there are far more "casual gamers" out there, and Wii has already tapped into a lot who weren't gamers at all. That's a lot more money to potentially be made, if product is delivered and is top-notch. I don't understand big conglomerate thinking. Movies can't be made for a niche audience, but all games must be for a similar niche audience? :confused:

Besides, I still maintain that ancient sound effects and hokey graphics are no match for good gameplay at your side. There's simply too much flash with the latest generation systems; it's too real. It makes gameplay too complicated and detracts from the escapism factor. There's a reason I think Kung Fu is one of the best games ever made, and I know the graphics look like something a kid could make for an Atari.

JediTricks
11-18-2007, 04:38 AM
They ARE doing one for the Wii, it's just aimed towards the more likely demographic of Wii owners. Those casual gamers aren't going to go for the same type of gameplay as "core gamers" do, they're a different type of play, more capable of jumping in any time, not as difficult, and more accessable. This is the GC all over again, some core gamers bought it and are miffed that the device really isn't marketed to them beyond a few entries meant to entrap buyers outside the device's main market.

Ultimately, once the "look what we can do!!!!!!" wears off, the 360 and PS3 are still going to be growth devices just like the PS2 was, they kept developing better and better graphics and sound and play mechanics 5 years after its launch, that's pretty much when they finally hit the wall (I'm saying God of War is their final growth spurt), the Wii has nowhere to go, it was out of room basically 6 months into launch. That's where "core gamers" vs "casual gamers" is going to work in Nintendo's favor, they don't have to dazzle the latter as long as they keep fueling the gimmick, but they're going to have to work WAY harder to capture the former market's attention each time because they can't show them anything new really beyond the gimmick.

For me, I can appreciate Pac-Man and pinball, but SW Battlefront is not going to be better with worse graphics, Spidey with more fluidity and better graphics is only a good thing, and anything with bigger and more detailed levels is awesome. SWBF2 has some cool levels that are hampered by being way too small, "get back to the battlefield soldier!" is annoying, and the largest level of the game - Endor - is actually too big for the PS2 so it glitches the vocal system to hell. The Wii has little more resources than the PS2, so a game on the Wii, its levels simply cannot be as vast and as well-detailed as they would be on the 360 or PS3, that's a fact.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Updated footage from comic con!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75U8kECdSj8

Looks amazing and I loved hearing the original voices. And seeing this footage inches me closer to finally buying an x-box 360 due to how this game is shaping up to be (along with other 360 games i've seen). Here are some rough shots of the animated/cartoony style for the Wii. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177545 (right hand side).

While some of the shots look interesting and the mutiplayer could be fun, I just want to play this game on a better platform. I read that the Wii version is going to concentrate on mini games and whatnot. Sigh.

Ya know, i know we chatted about this before, but seeing screenshots and reading more about it, i'm getting kinda peeved at nintendo aiming towards the younger children crowd. I checked up on the wii port of DEAD RISING and it looks really poor due to the lack of hordes of zombies. But I digress.

jamesbondo07
08-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Not to be bring bad news but wasn't this one of several games that Activision decided to cancel in order to focus on other game franchises that they thought were bigger.

El Chuxter
08-05-2008, 02:35 PM
They showed it at Comic-Con, so unless they've just cancelled it....

jamesbondo07
08-05-2008, 02:50 PM
It was just in a article yesterday that I was reading. Maybe they are holding on to it yet but I know they canceled several projects. but, I thought I saw ghostbusters on the list of cancelled projects.

El Chuxter
08-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I was just saying it would be unlikely--though not unprecedented--that they'd spend so much to promote it at Comic-Con (including one or two panel forums), then announce less than two weeks later that it was cancelled.

Of course, you can just point to all the plans Sony BMG had for the Transformers cartoon on DVD and that never came to fruition, despite being previewed and (IIRC) solicited to retailers, to prove me wrong.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-05-2008, 11:46 PM
not canned, just postponed. Here is the lowdown from wiki:

On July 28, 2008 Activision Blizzard (the publisher of Vivendi's and Sierra's titles) announced that only 5 franchises would come out through Activision. Ghostbusters was not one of them and was put in limbo following the announcement. It was later confirmed from the Sierra PR team that the game had not and will not be cancelled.[9] It is also still listed on the Activision website with a release date of the October 31, 2008. On July 30, 2008, it was reported that the game may be delayed until 2009, with Sony Pictures stating "this has presented [Sony Pictures Consumer Products] with an opportunity to reevaluate the game release marketing strategy to potentially coincide with the 25th anniversary of the original film in '09." Activision and Sony Pictures are looking for another publisher.[1]

and here is another blurb here: http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scene/2008/07/ghostbusters-ga.html

Looks like they want to release it with the 25th anniversary of Ghostbusters. Bleurgh. :upset:

JediTricks
08-09-2008, 08:06 PM
They actually canceled the Ghostbusters game panel last-minute, I believe. I watched kids playing the game at their booth and it looked REALLY repetitive, but it looked and sounded great too. I'm not surprised they put the game on hold a little longer, but they should have been more cautious about how much they spent on marketing at the con.

Beast
08-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Wonder if they'll delay the Blu-Ray release of both Ghostbusters films now.

Given they were supposed to be released to coincide with the video game.

Hope not, I was looking forward to upgrading them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-10-2008, 03:52 PM
looks like things are looking up:

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2008/09/01/to-be-announced-sony-has-landed-new-game-partner/

Somebody from Sony e-mailed the webmaster of the site and said that they are close to finding a publishing and we can expect it in 2009. I'd be leerie if this was just a poster on IMDB or something, but the fact that it's the person who runs that huge GB fansite, i found it more credible.

I'm pretty hopeful about this; the later date also gives me more time to save up for a PS3. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-21-2008, 11:06 AM
According to Dan Akroyd, the game was picked up by Atari and will be published middle/late of 2009.

This makes me uber happy as it gives me more time to save up for a PS3! Woo woooo! :thumbsup:

I just hope he's right. :yes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Tis official: Atari will release the game next summer!!!!

http://www.variety.com/VR1117994909.html

:thumbsup:

Beast
11-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Tis official: Atari will release the game next summer!!!!

http://www.variety.com/VR1117994909.html

And even better... we'll see the movies on Blu-Ray at the same time. Since they were delayed.

JediTricks
11-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Man, too many delays these days. But at least they're releasing it at the right time. Man, I feel old, I remember seeing the original film on opening day and now it's gonna be 25 years old.

JetsAndHeels
11-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Wait, is the Ghostbusters game going to be exclusive to the PS3? I hope not, I don't want to buy a console just for one game.

JediTricks
11-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Ghostbusters was produced by Columbia, Columbia was bought by Sony, Sony makes the PS3... yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it was exclusive.

JetsAndHeels
11-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Ghostbusters was produced by Columbia, Columbia was bought by Sony, Sony makes the PS3... yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it was exclusive.

I like Ghostbusters alot, but I can't buy a new system for that one game.

Hopefully there is still a chance I can own it on 360.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I like Ghostbusters alot, but I can't buy a new system for that one game.

Hopefully there is still a chance I can own it on 360.

Don't fret J&H, according to the atari press release, it's for all systems.

Atari will release the Ghostbusters: The Video Game for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®2 system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Games For Windows®, Wii™ and Nintendo DS™. The launch will also leverage Atari’s worldwide distribution network to maximize the presence of Ghostbusters: The Video Game around the globe as Sony marks the film’s upcoming 25th anniversary. For more information on Atari’s entire line up visit www.atari.com.

The full press release and some new screens can be seen here (http://kotaku.com/5079394/ghostbusters-the-press-release-the-new-screens).

Lookin' pretty fantastic. :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
11-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the info JMG. I hope it will be as good as it looks.

JediTricks
11-11-2008, 09:44 PM
I like Ghostbusters alot, but I can't buy a new system for that one game.It's got other games, you know. :p You could buy it for Blu-Ray too. But yeah, I know what you mean, I wouldn't spend $400 for a single game no matter what it was.

JetsAndHeels
11-12-2008, 05:15 PM
It's got other games, you know. :p You could buy it for Blu-Ray too. But yeah, I know what you mean, I wouldn't spend $400 for a single game no matter what it was.

I can't think of hardly any PS3 exclusive titles I would want...or at least enough to make me buy the system. Resistance 2 maybe.....other than that, not really.

I know it has the blu-ray player which is cool, and honestly that is more of a draw to me than the games.

DarkArtist
11-13-2008, 03:48 PM
definately gonna have to pick this up for the Wii and maybe PSP. here's hoping that for the Wii they make a proton Pack accessory for the Wii remote.

JediTricks
11-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I can't think of hardly any PS3 exclusive titles I would want...or at least enough to make me buy the system. Resistance 2 maybe.....other than that, not really.

I know it has the blu-ray player which is cool, and honestly that is more of a draw to me than the games.Motorstorm is pretty rad as well.

One thing that annoys me about Blu-Ray in general, not just the PS3 version, is that Zoom isn't a standard feature anymore! WTF? Now that we have this great image, we can't zoom into it? Lame. But yeah, I've been noticing more and more artifacting on DVDs in my collection on just my SD tv, so blu-ray is way better for that - Iron Man (my only blu-ray right now) looks immaculate.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Confirmed by Atari for June 2009!

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32552/Atari-Ghostbusters-gets-release-date

and since I got a 360 on black friday, i'll be buying it for that system. :thumbsup:

jamesbondo07
12-03-2008, 10:47 AM
The game looks good but I just hope that atari does this game justice.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-03-2008, 11:00 AM
The game looks good but I just hope that atari does this game justice.

I don't know how all this works, but I can't imagine they're going to change much. I think at this point, the game is almost complete and they're pretty much just releasing it and stamping their name on it.

then again, that's just my assumption.

Beast
12-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Confirmed by Atari for June 2009!

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32552/Atari-Ghostbusters-gets-release-date

and since I got a 360 on black friday, i'll be buying it for that system. :thumbsup:
Cool. So hopefully the movies hit Blu-Ray the same month.

JetsAndHeels
12-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the update, JMG. And I am glad to hear it will indeed be on the
360. Looks like I am good to go.

Rocketboy
12-06-2008, 09:38 AM
There was a trailer for the game out there, but it appears to have been taken down.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Got it here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyVGSGynYpg

It looks FAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC. If you head here to the main GB site I go to, you can download it and check out screens (just scroll down a little): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyVGSGynYpg

Look for a cameo from Mr. D***less himself, Walter Peck.

Again, it looks fantastic. The shot of them dancing is GREAT. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Interview with the developers who saw they're using the extra time to tweak and whatnot. Great news to make sure this game is perfect!

http://games.kikizo.com/features/ghostbusters-the-video-game-interview-p1.asp

I also saw where Atari's president said they want to make activision regret dropping the title. That made me giggle. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-22-2009, 03:59 PM
seven new screens: http://www.play3.de/2009/01/21/neue-screens-zu-ghostbusters/

Lookin' great!! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Two new videos with interviews/plot info, etc, etc.

http://www.gamereactor.net/grtv/?id=3878

and this one is more about the Wii.

http://www.gamereactor.net/grtv/?id=3869

enjoy! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Oh shizzle, more news that I guess only i'm reading?!??!

Multiplayer confirmed (well, somewhat) for 360 and PS3!!!!!!

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57164

This keeps getting better and better.

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Multiplayer might change my opinion of this game. Playing with ghostbusters from around the world would be a blast.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Multiplayer might change my opinion of this game. Playing with ghostbusters from around the world would be a blast.

For the fourth time ever or so, I agree with you...well, your second comment. Playing with global GB would be pretty exciting.

All they need to do now is license Bobby Brown's "On our own" and this game could be downright flawless. hehehe :yes:

DarkArtist
03-02-2009, 03:12 PM
got to play this at NYCC - the game is awesome. can't wait to get it for the Wii

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-15-2009, 04:00 PM
new interview with new footage and info on the kick arse multiplayer!!

http://www.incgamers.com/Videos/490/IncGamers-Ghostbusters-Developer-Interview

JetsAndHeels
03-15-2009, 04:23 PM
new interview with new footage and info on the kick arse multiplayer!!

http://www.incgamers.com/Videos/490/IncGamers-Ghostbusters-Developer-Interview

Awesome...it looks like Madden will not be the only game I reserve this year after all. :)

Tycho
03-30-2009, 10:23 PM
got to play this at NYCC - the game is awesome. can't wait to get it for the Wii

I think I'll buy it for the Wii as well.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-03-2009, 01:53 PM
You wii folks will like this blog then: it details how they created the multiplayer setup for the wii version. http://blogs.ign.com/Atari_Ghostbusters/2009/04/02/116597/

Gamestop has two exclusives:

1. free shirt
2. Free new suit from Ghostbusters II that can be used in the single player AND multiplayer platforms.

Pics below. The shirt is alright, but that bonus suit is pretty killer. Unless I see that Best buy has a better exclusive, i'm all pre-ordering it via GS. :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
04-03-2009, 03:28 PM
I like the shirt....might have to get this. does anyone know of some of the exclusives the other stores might be carrying ?

JetsAndHeels
04-03-2009, 10:14 PM
The shirt and extra suit is a nice incentive to preorder at GS. I am interested to see what Best Buy will do....an action figure would be nice.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I like the shirt....might have to get this. does anyone know of some of the exclusives the other stores might be carrying ?

I haven't found anything concrete about any other exclusives. I'm trying to think about what other stores could be carrying, but nothing really else comes to mind. Maybe a video of how they made the game or something like that? I don't think they would offer an exclusive level or something as that would probably screw over a lot of gamers who couldn't get it.

The shirt and extra suit is a nice incentive to preorder at GS. I am interested to see what Best Buy will do....an action figure would be nice.

Since the figures aren't due out until October/nov, I doubt a figure would happen. Then again, the SDCC is offering a figure, but that's totally different stuff.

I'm giving it a bit more time and then i'm ordering the gamestop exclusive. I want that extra suit and I could probably just sell the t-shirt on e-bay.

Tycho
04-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I like the shirt, but I don't think I'll be pre-ordering or buying the game upon its first release.

I'm very glad that I rented the games that I wound up purchasing, and learned if I'd like them first. (I obviously did).

I also got a system to play Transformers on - and luckily I bought a used copy that GameStop lets you return for a full-refund within 7 days. Transformers is the only game I've now brought home and DID NOT keep. I'm concerned Ghostbusters will do the same thing TF did: the Wii remote causes me to shift POV around the entire scene, and me (as BumbleBee) is getting punched in the face and shot, and I'm looking at myself all the sudden, instead of at the Decepticon I should be aiming for! :rolleyes: I can't play that way. On normal pad controllers, you have a separate directional control piece that lets you look around (either the arrows or the "stick-shift"). That would make your intentions very clear to the console. The Wii is able to do that, using the Numchuck control (which has a stick-shift) and the directional buttons are on the regular Wii remote. But Transformers was not programmed to respond that way and it made gameplay so difficult and unenjoyable that I returned the game - and I've always wanted to be a robot hell-bent on destruction of a major metropolitan city with the capability of transforming and accomplishing this by vehicular manslaughter! TF was my dream come true until I actually played it.

If Ghostbusters handles itself for the Wii in this way (and if Force Unleashed does - haven't played it on the Wii), there's no way I'm buying the game.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-10-2009, 05:49 PM
IGN has a video blog from one of their editors playing a recent build of the game.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/971/971825p1.html

He also talks to Dan Ackroyd, which is pretty cool. I pre-ordered the game today at GS; very excited to pick it up in June! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-11-2009, 12:25 AM
360 walkthrough of some gameplay: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47847.html

wii walkthrough #1 - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47841.html
wii walkthrough #2 - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47843.html

i'm still only buying the 360 version, but the wii one looks good for a wii game.

EDIT: new cover art for PS3/360/PC and then everything else.

Great interview here: http://www.giantbomb.com/ghostbusters-shaky-cam-interview/17-416/ that revealed the following tidbits:

- What happens when you cross all four streams
- More multiplayer exclusives could happen when the game launches in June. Interesting.

Tycho
04-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Well,

- What happens when you cross all four streams?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Well,

- What happens when you cross all four streams?

Gonna have to watch the video, Tycho. That's why I posted it. :crazed:

JediTricks
04-17-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm so sick of everything video lately. Information that could be conveyed in the span of a second via the printed word now takes 10 minutes of chattering to stumble through.

El Chuxter
04-17-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm so sick of everything video lately. Information that could be conveyed in the span of a second via the printed word now takes 10 minutes of chattering to stumble through.

Off the subject of the thread, but I could not agree more. Simply because one can do video, does not mean they should.

Tycho
04-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Yes, but if I did video blogs while on my medication, it'd be very entertaining, I promise you!

Not only that, but I wouldn't have to get to my point, because there wouldn't be any point. :D

El Chuxter
04-18-2009, 02:46 PM
That would be different, though. It would be a type of performance art. :)

JediTricks
04-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Yeah, exactly, the point of that isn't to convey information, but to inform as to the dangers of having a webcam while on drugs (or sober). :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-19-2009, 12:33 AM
Trailer for the wii version! http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14218855/ghostbusters/videos/ghostbuster_trl_wii_041709.html

Looks pretty fun.....for a wii game! :crazed:

JediTricks
04-19-2009, 03:18 PM
I want to like it, but something about this keeps saying "too much Doom, not enough GB".

Tycho
05-01-2009, 12:00 AM
I will rent it before I buy it.

The video looks fun but that's no indicator of how the game plays. Transformers was one I really wanted for the Wii, but it played terribly.

Eventually, I will rent Force Unleashed for the Wii and see how that plays. I've looked at it on a PS3.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Dan Aykroyd just called me reminding me that my copy will be at Gamestop. lolz.

But yup, game FINALLY arrives tonight at 12:01 a.m.!!! ABOUT TIME!

I'm very excited! :thumbsup:

Tycho
06-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Guyute: refresh my memory, please. Are you getting this game for the Wii?

Did you buy Indiana Jones (the new non-Lego one)? For the Wii?

How are these, for any platform?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Guyute: refresh my memory, please. Are you getting this game for the Wii?

Did you buy Indiana Jones (the new non-Lego one)? For the Wii?

How are these, for any platform?

Tychster- nah, i'm getting it for my 360 as the wii version has the cartoony graphics and no online multiplayer. I rarely play my wii these days.

I was thinking about getting the new Indy for PS2 or wii though, but I highly doubt that'll happen. I read somewhere that the 360 and PS3 versions of "Staff of Kings" were cancelled, but it hasn't been confirmed. The wii version has the ability to unlock FATE OF ATLANTIS, which I guess is a classic Indy game.

Reviews for the GB game are pretty good so far: the ps3 and 360 versions are getting scores in the 80's/90's while the Wii has a few scores in the 70's and below (i'm getting these #'s from metacritic).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-18-2009, 11:58 PM
I've only been able to play this game for the 360 for an hour or so, but it's REALLY AWESOME. The graphics are pretty fantastic (the theatrical style scenes are far better than the in game scenes, but that's usually the case) and i'm finding the controls to be pretty interesting and indepth.

Anybody else pick it up? Your thoughts?!?!?

jamesbondo07
06-20-2009, 10:42 AM
I am enjoying the game. I like the controls and the way they designed the system of capturing ghosts and the variety of ghosts so far. The only things I don't like are the fact the the levels are very confined. Kind of like the Force Unleashed game. I like that you can destroy almost anything on the screen. Overall it is worth picking up.

DarkArtist
06-21-2009, 11:37 AM
i picked it up for Wii yesterday at TRU since they had it for $39.99 and if you bought it they gave you a $20 giftcard towards your next purchase. haven't had the oppurtunity to play it yet, thinking today sometime.

jonthejedi
06-24-2009, 04:36 AM
Any orig. voice talent involved, or just audio captures from the film?

jamesbondo07
06-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Any orig. voice talent involved, or just audio captures from the film?

Mostly new voice captures from the original cast. There are just a few that are captures from the film.

Tycho
06-25-2009, 06:27 AM
i picked it up for Wii yesterday.

How does it play? Does the Wii remote motion sensor force you to lose control of your POV in the game like in the original Transformers? I hate that.

JediTricks
06-25-2009, 04:48 PM
According to IGN's review, the graphics are cartoony and different from the next-gen consoles, the wiimote controls the neutrona wand and you're encouraged to break stuff, but actually capturing ghosts is a minigame - an arrow comes up and tells you which direction to move the neutrona wand. IMO, that's bullcrap, the next-gen games you just slam the ghost around however you want until he's weak, you don't have to wait for arrows to tell you what to do. However, aside from that, they liked the game and gave it a 7.8: http://wii.ign.com/articles/994/994395p2.html

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Finally found more time to play it tonight; that level with Ray and the marshmellow creatures in the office was a BEYATCH. Man, seriously, what a headache that was. I upgraded my weapons and health and it got a bit easier. The segment while you're hanging and shooting at stay puft was a blast although I look forward to it being harder when I replay the game.

Now playing a bit of the library level; really awesome, but that children's library with the whispering.....CREEPY.

I liked the nod to Louis Tully in the firehouse with his suit and the neverending pile of paperwork. Poor Louis! :p

Also played multiplayer for a bit; what does this all have exactly? I played a campaign where you have to survive waves of ghosts with other folks. What are the other games like?

Awesome game though! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
03-25-2010, 04:21 PM
I picked this up last week for $10 after a $10 discount from Amazon for buying God of War 3 as well. This game is much better than I expected, and I'm really glad it finally came out. I've only played single player so far, and I've gotten up to the last level, but it really feels like Ghostbusters, and that you're part of them (although your character is too mute). The 4 weapons seems a bit silly, but all of them have had their charms so far.

There are a ton of nods to the movies in the firehouse, the stupid "2" sign from the sequel is in the garbage in the back room, you can switch off the containment grid, and you can listen to Janine take calls sarcastically.

I definitely will be giving multiplayer a try when I finish the campaign.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-26-2010, 09:35 AM
I picked this up last week for $10 after a $10 discount from Amazon for buying God of War 3 as well. This game is much better than I expected, and I'm really glad it finally came out. I've only played single player so far, and I've gotten up to the last level, but it really feels like Ghostbusters, and that you're part of them (although your character is too mute). The 4 weapons seems a bit silly, but all of them have had their charms so far.

There are a ton of nods to the movies in the firehouse, the stupid "2" sign from the sequel is in the garbage in the back room, you can switch off the containment grid, and you can listen to Janine take calls sarcastically.

I definitely will be giving multiplayer a try when I finish the campaign.

Glad you enjoy it, JT. I've been so consumed by GTA that I forgot about it and need to go back to it as i'm only a few levels in. The game also has as crapload of unlockables which I plan to go back and track down (including, supposedly, the jumping toaster).

To me, this game IS the third movie; I hope the huge success of this game charters in another game. That would be awesome.

I also LOVE talking to Viggo. Some of his political commentary is spot on and hilarious. :D

Darth Metalmute
03-26-2010, 01:27 PM
I picked this up from Gamestop earlier this year. I enjoyed the story alot.
The multiplayer is interesting, but unless you are an achievement hunter, very repetative. I tried to get the achievements and it's alot of waiting around for a match, and then midway through the match, everyone drops.

Tycho
03-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Anyone have this or play this for the Wii?

JediTricks
03-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Glad you enjoy it, JT. I've been so consumed by GTA that I forgot about it and need to go back to it as i'm only a few levels in. The game also has as crapload of unlockables which I plan to go back and track down (including, supposedly, the jumping toaster).

To me, this game IS the third movie; I hope the huge success of this game charters in another game. That would be awesome.

I also LOVE talking to Viggo. Some of his political commentary is spot on and hilarious. :DThe jumping toaster is in the first level, and is one of the few artifacts that you can actually make do something in the firehouse (it just pops around a little for a couple seconds, no dancing to music). There's also the disco bellbottoms that walk around following you through the firehouse when your back is turned and dancing when you face them, but that's automatic. Most of the other artifacts don't do anything. Luckily, Viggo and the answering machine are there with great stuff before you even go 1 level in.

Talk of the 3rd movie is exactly what prompted me to buy this game, the new movie looks like it may not work for me, and it reminded me that the game has been out for PS3 for 9 months. I got lucky on the price.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-30-2010, 11:33 PM
I started my replaying of the game recently and I have to say i'm very glad I did. It's so awesome and a lot of fun. I love all the jokes and how things tie in with the first film. And it as awesome when Venkman jumped out to scare the recruit in one of the levels. Hilarious.

I've collected all of the artifacts so far and I only need to complete the last level. Great game! Very happy I went back to it! :thumbsup:

Darth Metalmute
06-01-2010, 08:30 AM
I've gone back to try to get the "damage $300,000 or less" achievement several times. I've given up. I can beat all the levels with only $1,000 in damage except the street level of the Statepuff Marshmellow man level. You can't control where you throw the gargoyles outside of a general direction and they always land on a car, doing $35,000 per car.

JediTricks
06-01-2010, 04:29 PM
The key to that achievement/trophy ("Nice Shootin', Tex", right?) is to play the game on Easy mode, then mainly let your fellow ghostbusters do the work on Times Square and the Museum modes, they can break anything they want and it won't affect your stats. BTW, you can control where the gargoyles get slammed, you can choose to slam them to the ground, or against buildings, or even into the sky. When you hit the slam button, you can decide on directionality with the "look" stick, just aim your neutrona wand sideways or up (if you've switched to inverted look like I have, that means pulling the stick down to slam up) and hit slam. Anyway, on Time Square, just be very careful to shoot well over the cars, and when slamming gargoyles just slam them into buildings (but watch out for buildings with neon signs, avoid those). At the museum, try to let Peter and Winston do the work, if you have to trap ghosts, try to use your slime tether and aim high. I finished the game with less than $100k in damage. Once you are done with the 2nd hotel mission, you're in the clear.

Darth Metalmute
06-02-2010, 08:31 AM
The key to that achievement/trophy ("Nice Shootin', Tex", right?) is to play the game on Easy mode, then mainly let your fellow ghostbusters do the work on Times Square and the Museum modes, they can break anything they want and it won't affect your stats. BTW, you can control where the gargoyles get slammed, you can choose to slam them to the ground, or against buildings, or even into the sky. When you hit the slam button, you can decide on directionality with the "look" stick, just aim your neutrona wand sideways or up (if you've switched to inverted look like I have, that means pulling the stick down to slam up) and hit slam. Anyway, on Time Square, just be very careful to shoot well over the cars, and when slamming gargoyles just slam them into buildings (but watch out for buildings with neon signs, avoid those). At the museum, try to let Peter and Winston do the work, if you have to trap ghosts, try to use your slime tether and aim high. I finished the game with less than $100k in damage. Once you are done with the 2nd hotel mission, you're in the clear.

Man, I wish I still had the game to try that. I traded it in for Batman Arkham Aslyum. I never trust the AI teamates to help out. They usually make it worse. Right now I'm playing Alien vs Predator, and the AI figures never stop moving ahead. I'm off searching for Audio Diaries and they are getting slaughtered.

I've tried to throw the Gargoyles into the sky before. It was working but the last time I did it, State puff threw something at the gargoyle and knocked it into a sign. The sign came down and landed on a car. I got hit with the cost. $100,000 worth of damage right there. And you can't die or reload, because it keeps those running statistics, so your only option is to start over.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Beat the game yesterday and enjoyed the ending quite a bit. I enjoyed how the plot and various elements tied into not only both movies, but also on rumored element points of the much delayed third film (merging of worlds, battling what is a demon/satan like entity, etc). At this point, I don't care if we don't get a third film as this IS the third movie to me.

I am hoping for a game sequel though as I'd LOVE to get a new story with new ghosts/locales, etc. Maybe a GTA style setup where you can travel around NYC and capture various ghosts? That would be incredible.

JediTricks
06-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Man, I wish I still had the game to try that. I traded it in for Batman Arkham Aslyum. I never trust the AI teamates to help out. They usually make it worse. Right now I'm playing Alien vs Predator, and the AI figures never stop moving ahead. I'm off searching for Audio Diaries and they are getting slaughtered.

I've tried to throw the Gargoyles into the sky before. It was working but the last time I did it, State puff threw something at the gargoyle and knocked it into a sign. The sign came down and landed on a car. I got hit with the cost. $100,000 worth of damage right there. And you can't die or reload, because it keeps those running statistics, so your only option is to start over.Batman is one of the best games of all time, so I doubt you'll be too disappointed. I found that in Ghostbusters, the AI teammates were surprisingly useful in easy and normal modes. It was only on the hardest difficulty that they became a nuisance. Having NPC teammates that are actually useful is something I'm not accustomed to, so it was a real joy to play that. And then my next game was Battlefield Bad Company with almost equally useful NPC teammates!

$100,000 of damage isn't the end, so long as you can keep it under $200k you're still pretty good. I found that the other Ghostbusters would eventually trash the other cars, and once I was sure of that I would just slam them into the ground, so it just takes practice figuring out how to land them sideways or down.

Beat the game yesterday and enjoyed the ending quite a bit. I enjoyed how the plot and various elements tied into not only both movies, but also on rumored element points of the much delayed third film (merging of worlds, battling what is a demon/satan like entity, etc). At this point, I don't care if we don't get a third film as this IS the third movie to me.

I am hoping for a game sequel though as I'd LOVE to get a new story with new ghosts/locales, etc. Maybe a GTA style setup where you can travel around NYC and capture various ghosts? That would be incredible.I bought the game specifically because of the rumors about GB3 looking bad. I loved the game so much, it made me buy a used copy of GB2 even after how much I hated it back in the day. I totally agree that this game is the worthy sequel to the story, especially with the ending being a gag and the whole game being a sales pitch to get the rookie to buy a franchise. :D

I like the idea of a sandbox game, they just did a sandbox Western that's getting great reviews, so ghostbusting could be worthwhile. Unfortunately, GB ran into problems, almost didn't get released after a lengthy delay, and game ownership is spread across 3 entities, so it'd be difficult to see a sequel in its future.