PDA

View Full Version : Did the Rebellion give Chewie a rank?

JediTricks
11-15-2007, 02:42 PM
I mean, they made Lando a general based on someone's word and little else, the guy NEVER fought for them until the final battle of ROTJ; whereas Chewbacca fought for the Rebellion for years and was part of a vital command team. But I bet this is another case where Chewie's just the helper monkey, one of Han Solo's minions who deserves no recognition.

So, Chewie got a rank?

stillakid
11-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Maybe he just got some Wookie Chow and is happy enough with that.

2-1B
11-15-2007, 06:52 PM
He was promoted from Chewie to Crunchie

DarthBrandon
11-15-2007, 07:12 PM
I though it was General Walking Carpet or Fuzzball, along those lines somewhere.:D

bigbarada
11-15-2007, 09:44 PM
He was promoted from Chewie to Crunchie

lol What's after that?

stillakid
11-15-2007, 10:53 PM
lol What's after that?

Nugget! :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
11-16-2007, 12:46 AM
So, Chewie got a rank?Yeah, I'd say he's plenty rank. Wookiees probably don't shower too often.

JediTricks
11-16-2007, 02:00 PM
I guess the problem is "Lt. Chewbacca, reporting for duty" sounds too much like "rrrwwaaaarrrr!" to them.

TeeEye7
11-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Obviously, there is no Affirmative Action in the Star Wars Universe.

Overlooked for meritorious duty in ANH, no rank in ESB or ROTJ.

If he had a rank it would be "cannon fodder" first class.

JediTricks
11-18-2007, 03:54 AM
More like "planet fodder", apparently. Gotta drop a stellar body on our wookiee homeboy to keep him down!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Yes. The Rebellion did give him a rank. It was the rank of co-pilot and assistant smuggler-turned-hero. He was also named as a foil and confidante. Truthfully, due to the fact that he could not pass a written test (obviously species-biased, though it was), he was placed in BSL (Basic as a Second Language) courses and had to attend night officer school. The litigation is currently pending, but the courts take even longer than the Senate.

El Chuxter
11-18-2007, 10:35 AM
No, but last night I had a dream where he presided over the marriage of Paula Deen and Grizzly Adams in a haunted forest in 1974 while pretending he was Eric Clapton.

I am not making that up.

I have weird dreams sometimes.

jjreason
11-18-2007, 07:44 PM
It's all the Malibu. I don't think Chewie would have been given a rank - he was more like a part of Han Solo than anything else. Also, Chewie would have had quite a bit of difficulty articulating exactly what he was ordering his subordinates to do.... though I'm sure they would have rushed off trying something. God Bless Chewie.

El Chuxter
11-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Y'know, I did consume alcohol last night for the first time since the infamous incident you seem so fond of immortalizing, JJ. :D

The dream also featured my sister-in-law (Mrs Chux's sister) defrauding us for $6000, and my brother having a fully grown, mentally retarded kid who liked to print pictures of Admiral Nelson and hang them everywhere he went.

I told you they were weird. I don't want to tell a psychologist about them, as they may just lock me up.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-19-2007, 12:21 PM
I told you they were weird. I don't want to tell a psychologist about them, as they may just lock me up.Hey, why pay some "expert" trained in the science, when you can offer your concerns to an anonymous, online community posting board for free? :thumbsup: